Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Corrupted Academics (TheSilentProtagonist x Goddess)

Donovan rolls his eyes. "Oh, a good Christain. Of course." He mutters in an annoyed tone. "Suffer not a witch to live or however it's supposed to go. Never mind how many people held high in the bible used magic. I do enjoy all the hypocricy." Walking over to Emily, the professor carefully looks her up and down. It seems her rosary had hidden her from his sight before now as well, but with it gone, he could clearly see the traces. They were faint, and he knows that over time it would vanish completely unless she manages to start training and harnessing her powers soon.

"Right then..." Donovan says and circles around, trying to figure out what he should do. "You want to pass this class, don't you?" He asks her. "Well, you probably will, but you'll be lucky to get a B, of course. Your grades have been slipping more and more, after all, and you'll be lucky to get a C. A shame if you try to drop it, since you won't be able to get into any of them but mine next semester." He stops moving, looking his student in the eyes. "There is only one way to get out of this class with an A, and that is to start studying with me in the abilities you've hidden from yourself. You want an A, don't you? It would even still be from your own skill."

"Many of the skills you describe come from the lord, they don't consort with the enemy to gain their power," she notes, her faith firm. "Its its divine origin that gives it power, that makes it just. It doesn't consort with the beyond or the unholy." Her nostrils flared in indignation, her arms crossed and her legs spread as she sat, huffing at the betrayal. Her jeans were torn at the knees, revealing a bandage from fighting her brothers over the weekend, and her slouching form and baggy t-shirt hid her strong chest. Certainly, few postures were less flattering.

As he began to threaten her with her grades, she sat up, her hands moving to grip the arm rests on the chair, indignant. "This is blackmail, this is illegal!" she complained, looking at him in disbelief. "I didn't even know I had these abilities! How am I supposed to use them? How can I trust what you say to be true after all the lies you've fed me?"

Donovan feels like his eyes are going to roll out of his socket from how much he’s rolling them at the girl. “What makes you think I’m consorting with demons? Does that mean you have a little devil in you? No, this is just pure natural abilities, well, supernatural, but I made no pact and didn’t go selling my soul or anything like that. I’ve lived with my power all my life, free to use it however I want to.” The professor remarks, turning to look at the girl. There’s a snarl on his face when he sees how she’s sitting, and he lets out a disgusted scoff before marching over and gripping her shoulder tight. “Sit properly!” He orders, exerting as much of his will over her as he can.

Without letting go of Emily’s shoulder, Donovan smirks at her when she claims that he’s extorting her. She was right of course, but well… “Prove it.” He says simply, shrugging his shoulders. He knows she can’t She would never be able to gather the evidence. “You know about the abilities now. You aren’t even denying it. I’ll train you. That’s how you’ll learn how to use them.” Donovan starts to walk away, tapping his chin with his finger. “I guess you don’t know if you can trust me.” The professor finally answers, dismissively. “Then again, what choice do you have? You need this class to go on and play doctor until you get married, and besides, training under me and learning to use your abilities might actually give you a fighting chance.” He tells her. “Face it, Ms. Jones. This isn’t just your best chance. It’s your only one.”

Looking down to the floor, Emily felt the options sliding from her grasp. He was right, he was one of the main teachers of Biology. Even if it took a while until she could take general bio, chances are she would get stuck again with some class or another. There was the option to change schools, of course, but how would she be able to explain that? Despite his remark, her posture didn't change.

"What will training entail...?" It was the only thing she could ask. If these powers were natural in her, was it a devil, or was it God? Was it not using her talents or was it harming people with things that were unnatural? She had no idea what to expect, what magic really even was really. Was it insight into other's thoughts? What else did it include? Fortune telling? Mind control? Did she have to use all the abilities? She could give it a try, just one semester?

Donovan’s lips curl into a cruel smile as he knows he has her. There is no way Emily would disagree to it now. Having been inside her mind, he’s sure of this. He chuckles softly, pacing around the girl like a shark circling his prey. “What does it entail? Oh, just the usual.” He tells her. “Offering of slaughtered animals, demon pacts, virgin sacrifices… I’m sure you would do nicely for that.” The professor teases the good Christian girl before pausing to wonder. Had she gotten a good look at that part of him? The connection hadn’t been long, but now he’s curious if she’d seen any of his own experiences.

Seeing Emily’s face, he decides to drop this line of thought for now. “It’s a joke, Ms. Jones.” He tells her, rolling his eyes. “Of course you would think I’m serious. Always so quick to judge…” Scoffing, the professor gets back to business. “At first it won’t be much. Meditation, focus training, essentially we’re going to have you tapping into this potential you’ve neglected your whole life. From there, after getting an idea of what you’re capable of, you’ll train under me in how to best harness these abilities to suit your needs.” He says, looking over to her and crossing his arms.

Back
Top Bottom