Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Writing Stories About People.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crayons

Dust
space
IndentHi there. I'm still Crayons and this is a simple, general request for roleplay partners.
space
space
Triple IndentationAbout Me
Triple++Indentation(Meeee!)

IndentMy background is novels. I've read a lot of them and writing standard prose fiction is how I approach roleplaying online. I tend to post long. I like to lean on strong characterization and situations. I have nothing against sex and kink, but my interest here is storytelling.

IndentI love making up interesting stories. That's my "On."

IndentDo I mind fantastical characters, settings and so on? No, not a bit. I have lots of fun in horror and gothic genres and urban fantasy scenarios, superhero stories, space westerns, sword and sorcery epics... This stuff is wonderful, but my caveat for it is people are going to be people.

IndentThat's a problem, because most people who want to talk about space ships and succubi don't want Seinfeld in there. They want the music video, often the anime music video. Still, I can't really change my stripes here.

IndentI come off as "advanced" (Read: Pretentious) when it comes to writing. Unfortunately, I'm not into hard bdsm, white slavery, serial killer epics and so on where I tend to see people who share that style and apporach. (My loss, really.) Yes, it's inconvenient, but again the paint has dried.

IndentWhat I'm saying is please don't ask me to be your serial killer.

IndentI get the Dom/sub thing. I get that gals (largely) like to be in the passive mode, but however much fun it is to be writing characters of that kind, as a storyteller and roleplay partner, you need to be playing a different game. You can play tennis against a brick wall, but you can't play it against a sponge wall.

IndentSo, if you're not a sponge, a serial victim or a music video producer, let's go to the black and white.Indent
space
space
Triple IndentationRequirements
Triple++Indentation(Negotiable these are not.)
  • Threads and Private Messages - Threads are easier to read, PM's are easier to track. These are the means by which I want to play. For contact and discussion? PMs.
    Triple Indentation
  • Regular Posting and Communication - If we discuss or begin a roleplay, I expect closure. If you can't say the words "No thanks" then don't contact me.
    Triple Indentation
  • Literacy - Reading and writing effectively is my gauge for adulthood. I get wary of writing partners who give me the impression they're in middle school.
space
space
Triple IndentationGood Things
Triple++Indentation(More of these, please.)
  • Narrative Style - Also called voice, style is about where and how you're pointing the camera. Style is all the difference between a story and a statement.
    Triple Indentation
  • Relatable Characters - Writing what you know gets you better results. Airbrushing photographs into cartoons is bad enough without starting at the cartoon.
    Triple Indentation
  • Fantastic Situations - Space ships, superheroes, quests and monsters, when used right these are escapes towards the human, not away from it.
space
space
Triple IndentationBad Things
Triple++Indentation(Less. Lesser. Even more less. Less.)
  • Image Use - Pictures are great... but I'm more into prose. I'd rather make and play with words than collect and trade media.
    Triple Indentation
  • Pre-Packaged Materials - Characters you always play or stories you already "know," these things are safe and familiar... but probably not fertile ground.
    Triple Indentation
  • Canon Characters - My place turned into a netflix orgy of superhero flicks while my roomie prepped for a tabletop game. Call it a hangover.
space
space
Triple IndentationCurrent Interests
Triple++Indentation(Living in the NowNowNow.)
  • Generic Superheroes - My place turned into a netflix orgy of superhero flicks while my roomie prepped for a tabletop game. Call it a hangover.
    Triple Indentation
  • Urban Fantasy - Thanks to Buffy the Vampre Slayer and The Dresden Files, I've got a soft spot for self-aware stories of the supernatural set in familiar places.
    Triple Indentation
  • Cyber Space / Sci Fi - Recent conversation has it on my mind, mainly virtual reality. Though most fiction about it has been painfully bad.
space
space
Triple IndentationEnd of Line
Triple++Indentation(On the other side of the screen, it all looks so easy.)

IndentWell that's my thread. It's negative, scrawny and lacks a writing sample. Still, Friday is young and maybe I'll tack on something before tonight.

IndentThanks for reading, now go away.
plots/sample
Triple Indentation
Double Indent
Indent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom