Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

PopRocks (Working title) OOC

Stonebones

Star
Here is the OOC thread for the PopRocks (Working title) group role play! First order of business will be to take attendance. Come in and say hi if your participating. ^^

Well, I feel a good place to start would be general ideas for the character's we'd like to play. I believe you and I will be two of the actual group members and Stonetribe's will end up doing the heavy lifting all the while becoming the object of affection for us. While I'm typing, I can throw out a few ideas I've had bouncing around my head for the character I'd play. I'm thinking that she'd be kind of like the cool and collected type? Not necessarily reserved, but not easy to anger. Also on that note is not somebody that you'd want to get angry. She could probably fill a "big sister" kind of roll if she needed to from having that caring side to her, even if that's not always the one she's showing.

There they are! Glad to have you both on board. ^^ Now that the three of us are gathered, we can finally get the preparations started. I suppose a good place to begin would be characters. Have either of you thought about what kind of character you'd each like to play? I haven't put a ton of thought into mine quite yet. :p Would either of you be interested in making a character profiles thread for our role play? I rather like them, they make my role plays feel more cataloged and "official". Maybe that's just me though, what do y'all think?

Stonetribe said:
There they are! Glad to have you both on board. ^^ Now that the three of us are gathered, we can finally get the preparations started. I suppose a good place to begin would be characters. Have either of you thought about what kind of character you'd each like to play? I haven't put a ton of thought into mine quite yet. :p Would either of you be interested in making a character profiles thread for our role play? I rather like them, they make my role plays feel more cataloged and "official". Maybe that's just me though, what do y'all think?

Whoops, you ninja's my post Pando! Guess we were thinking the same thing. :p

I dunno. I've never made an actual profile before... just kinda... gave my partner a general feel for what they looked like and how they acted, and just let them imagine them in their heads, unless they want a picture to attribute it. Going off of how PandoChii is doing it, I'd like my character to be a smaller woman. She's very shy and only speaks if necessary, usually when spoken to.

Ehehe. Whoops. Sorry, Stone. I'd be fine with profiles if that's what you guys would like. Can't say that I know the song and dance for doing so, but how complicated could it really be, right? So Ande, if you character was soft-spoken, I can see ours getting a long well, which is good. Lots of potential for squishy hugs and "OH! You're just so cute~!" type of thing. Yes. I can see this going to good places.

So Stone, can we get a general idea of your character too? I'm a wee bit curious as to who we'll be jumping all over. ;)

Ha, no problem. And don't worry Anderian, character profiles are both easy and fun to make. It doesn't have to be anything too complex, just a simple little bio that could give someone reading the role play a good idea of our characters.

Heh, yeah that makes three of us. I haven't quite put a lot of thought into my character yet. These kind of things usually have your typical "nice guy" as the protagonist, which is fine and all but also a bit bland. So I wanna try and add a little something extra and spice it up a bit.

He'll act as the band's roadie, so I think he'll be kind of a handyman who's good at problem solving and thinking on his feet. Like a mechanic good at coming up with practical solutions. But I think he also would be prone to missing some of the more obvious details. (Such as the girl's affections)

Yeah I kind of like that, does that make any sense?

Well then, I guess the next good thing to figure out is what order we'd like to post in? I've been in a couple group RPs in the past that ended up dying way sooner than they should have because the person who we were waiting for to post didn't really realize they were being waited on.

Also on a different note, if I could get general descriptions of your characters, I could always try and see what I could draw out if you didn't have a face claim in mind.

Heh, maybe not quite full on oblivious, but definitely somewhat ditsy. :p

Oh really? That would be so awesome! I would absolutely love to use a picture you drew as an image in my character profile!

Yes posting order. I guess I'll go first since I'll be starting up the thread and writing the intro post. Would either of you prefer to go second or third or do you not care either way?

I'm good either way. I'm just kind of itching to get into a role play at this point. Spent maybe a little too much time lurking. Heh.

As for the character bios, is there a place in particular we should post those other than the general forum thing, or...? I've never made a character bio here, so pardon the dumb question. ^^;

For character drawings, all I need is a physical description of the character and I can grab my tablet and get to work. I should probably warn you before I start that my art style is pretty anime-influenced, as that's what I started drawing, so hopefully that's okay.

Don't worry, we'll get the role play going soon enough. ^^

Yes, there's actually a sub forum for character profile threads for group role plays. It's getting pretty late though, but I'll be sure to make one tomorrow.

That's perfect for me! I always visualize my role plays in an anime style. :D I especially had anime in mind when I first came up with this idea.

But for now, I must sleep. I'll talk with you girls more tomorrow. :sleepy:

I second the anime notion. Although I kinda missed the bandwagon on the anime thing, I still find the art style very appealing and attractive, and as obvious by my profile pic, anime has managed to seep into my tastes.

This is a total shot in the dark but do you know who Jen Ledger is? If not that's okay, just know that she's the drummer and co-vocalist in the band Skillet. I was thinking along the lines if someone looking a bit like her but with a rounder face (more of the kind of face that stays young for a while) and long pale blonde hair with streaks of orange highlights. If you were doing full body images, she would be small on all counts, save for maybe her butt being... well... not flat.

Ahh, let's see. I doubt my skills at describing a person but here goes. ^^

Maybe give him a friendly face and body type similar to this guy. Then put him in a white tee-shirt and a black leather vest. Give him blue eyes and a bandanna covering up the top of his head with a pony tail sticking out the back.

Does that work? I kinda feel like a dork typing that out. :p

Nah. S'all good. I'll start on those when I get some time a little later tonight. :3 So for the profiles, are we going to have a specific thread for that in the profiles thing?

Surprise surprise! I've found a fourth person interested in joining our group role play! She'll be here shortly, so let's be sure to make her feel welcome.

Also, I got the character profiles thread up. You can find it here. Feel free to get started on yours.

Back
Top Bottom