Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Josu_T ~ Mountain Accident ~ D.E.666

The girl noticed him smiling and she smiled back though she couldn't force back the embarrassment that she felt. "I'd say reading or perhaps cards, but I don't want to take the chance of getting a head ache." she said softly. "I can still feel a dull ache at the back of my head where I guess I hit it on something." She reached up and tenderly touched the spot where she had hit one of the rocks when falling from the cliff. "So I suppose it'll be some music." Jewel yawned softly again and curled up a little at her end of the couch while smiling up at him, some of her red curls falling around her face again. It seemed that no matter what she did, her hair seemed to be defiant to what she wanted and continued to fall in her face.

It was then with her sitting there curled up on the couch that William would be able to see the great improvement in the young woman's appearance between then and the day before when he first brought her back to his home. Most of her color had returned and even her eyes seemed brighter.

Will nodded and toke note of the fact that her head still ached a little. He watched her for a moment before getting up to get some music. He had to smile. She was looking much better already. He also noticed really how pretty she was. She was a beautiful girl. He pushed away any thoughts that were creeping in and he went to get some music.

He got things set up and then turned back to Jewel. "So, what kind of music would you like? Do you remember anything about music and what kind you listened to before? Or should I just pick something fairly soft for you?"

Jewel slowly looked over at him and blushed a little with a small smile when she noticed him looking at her and she brushed some of her curling hair back over her shoulder. Her hair was still damp from her bath and it stuck to her skin here and there against her shoulders and neck. But as he went to ask about music, she pouted slightly as she began thinking about whether or not she could remember what type of music she liked and as she kept drawing a blank, she shook her head. "I.. I don't remember." she said softly. "Just put on something soft please." She drew her legs close to her body and wrapped her arms around them while resting her chin on her knees. She could feel tears filling her eyes because of her frustration and anger at not being able to remember such a simple thing such as music.

Her head was beginning to hurt more and she closed her eyes tightly while touching her forehead, trying to force away her headache that was growing. She sighed softly as she watched him set things up while running a hand along her bandaged leg, her fingers tracing the edges of the bandage that was wrapped around her leg.

William watched Jewel as he waited for her answer. He nodded when she said she couldn't remember. Then he saw her curl up. She didn't look happy. He was fairly sure her eyes were welling up with tears. He frowned and quickly put in some soft mostly instrumental music.

Once it was playing he got up and went over to her. He sat next to her and placed a hand on her shoulder. He looked at her. "Hey, don't worry about not being able to remember. I am sure you will get better soon enough. And it is not your fault. You hit your head. Now, how are you feeling? I hope you are not in too much pain. If there is anything at all that I can do to help you, just tell me."

The woman was fighting to hold back her tears when he sat next to her and when she felt his hand on her shoulder, she slowly looked up at him as he spoke. The tears finally spilled over and ran down her cheeks and she softly sniffled. "I.. I'm just scared I'll never remember anything." she said softly. "And it's so frustrating not being able to remember such simple things like music. I don't remember anything beyond what music is and it makes me angry." She softly sniffled again and shook her head with a sigh before looking up at him. "What if I don't remember anything? What if I never regain my memory?"

At his question of how she was feeling, she lightly touched her forehead and sighed. "My head hurts." she said softly. "It feels like someone's squeezing my head really tightly." She closed her eyes and laid her head down on her knees again while listening to the music he put in. Jewel was happy it was so soft because if it were any louder she didn't think she'd be able to handle it.

Will listened as Jewel told him what she was worried about. He nodded slightly, understanding her fears. Then when she told him about her head hurting he worried a little. He didn't want her to be in pain. His hand caressed her shoulder and arm softly, trying to be comforting. "I will see what I can do for your head. As for your memory. Please try not to worry. I am sure you will start to remember things. If you don't, I promise I will do my best to teach you about everything again. I will do all I can to help you in every way possible. You have my word. Now let me go see if I can find something to help lessen your headache."

He smiled softly and got up. He went and started to search through his supplies. He was able to find a single bottle of tylenol. He got her a glass of water and then brought it over to her with the bottle of tylenol. He sat next to her again and handed her the water and opened the bottle, getting a couple of pills and giving those to her as well. He looked at her and smiled. "Here, I hope these help. Just promise you will not take more than the reccomended dose on the bottle, no matter how much pain you feel." He looked into her eyes, hoping she would agree and promise not to take too much.

Jewel wiped away her tears as he caressed her shoulder and arm, feeling a little better as he comforted her and she nodded slightly, peering up at him as he spoke. It made her feel better then he thought her memory would come back but when he said that if her memory didn't come back, he'd do his best to teach her about everything she smiled gently and she nodded again. He was so nice to her, taking her in and helping her to get better and now he was offering to help her in every way possible and it made her smile again. "Thank you Will." she said softly, her sincerity showing in her soft tone.

She closed her eyes again as he got up and went to find something for her headache, but as she sat there, she began to doze off until he returned to the couch and sat next to her once more. Slowly opening her eyes, she took the water from him and watched him shake out a couple of pills for her and she smiled gently before taking the pills, swallowing them down with several gulps of water while he asked her to promise not to take more then the recommended dose. Putting the glass down, she smiled at him and nodded. "I promise not to take too much. Is there a way to keep track of when I do take a pill? I don't want to take a chance of me forgetting or taking it too soon and getting sick." she said softly.

Will smiled as Jewel took the tylenol. Then she asked a way of keeping track of her taking the pills. He got up and went to his closet. He rummaged around for a while. Eventually he found his old watch. He looked at it, it was still working. He wasn't sure if the time was right, but it was still going. He took it over to Jewel and gave it to her. "Here, use this to keep track of how many hours it has been since you last took the tylenol. Read the back of the bottle to see how often you should take them."

Jewel watched him walk away before stretching out on the couch a little, relaxing with a sigh until he returned. Looking up, she slowly reached out and took the offered watch from him with a small smile. 'Thank you." she said softly. "And I think I'll read it a little later. I just want to relax right now. Will you sit with me William?" She looked up at him with hopeful eyes. Jewel always felt better when he was with her and she felt happier, though she wasn't sure why. It was probably because he had saved her and was taking care of her.

William nodded and smiled at her. When she asked him to sit with her he smiled more. He took a seat next to her. "Of course. I will sit with you for a while, but eventually I will need to get some work done. I also need to make plans to get some supplies. I was going to go into town myself, but I think I shoudl stay here with you. So I will see if I can find my emergency sattelite phone and use it to call a friend and get him to purchase and send in supplies for us."

Jewel smiled brightly when he sat with her and she turned slightly so she was gazing up at him. "I understand." she said gently before tilting her head slightly. "No, you don't have to stay with me. I'll be fine for a little while, I'm sure. Besides, I'll probably go for a nap some time soon." She slowly moved closer to him until she was right next to him and she leaned against him a little, her head resting upon his arm. "And when I go for a nap, I'll probably be out for a couple of hours."

Will noticed how Jewel moved in quite close to him. He didn't mind at all. He chuckled a little at her idea that going into town would only take a couple of hours. He smiled at her. "Sorry Jewel, but going into town would take me nearly a full day to get there, buy all we need, and get it back here. With you not feeling well, I would not feel comfortable going. I wouldn't want something bad to happen while I was gone. So I can just get someone to airdrop supplies in to a small clearing. It is a lot simpler and more comforting. So, can you think of any things you would like or need?"

Jewel glanced up at him as he chuckled and she blushed brightly, pouting slightly. "Don't laugh at me." she said softly. while cuddling a little closer to him with a small smile. She listened to him explain about why he didn't want to leave her alone and she nodded with a soft sigh. "Very well." she said softly. When he asked about if there was anything she wanted or needed, she shrugged slightly. "Just something to keep my hair out of my face and maybe an activity book."

Will listened to Jewel's requests and had to chuckle again. He looked at her and smiled. He wrapped his arms around her and hugged her as an apology for laughing again. "I'm sorry Jewel, but surely you must need more than that. You will need clothing. You can't just wear my old clothes. You know what, I'll get you what you asked for and everything else I think you might possibly want or need. Don't worry about it. I'll handle everything."

Jewel nudged him with her elbow when he chuckled again but when he wrapped his arms around her, she smiled slightly and snuggled close to him, letting her head rest against his chest with a soft sigh. "I didn't think of that." she said to him. "Sorry." She shrugged slightly and sighed while gently grasping his shirt in her hand. "I don't even know what size I wear when it comes to clothing. How are you going to get clothing?" she asked him, tilting her head back a bit to look up at him.

Will thought about the problem. It would be tough if they didn't know what size she was. Then he remembered her torn clothes. He didn't have a garbage, so what she had been wearing before must still be there. They might have tags or something saying what size they were. He smiled at her happily. "Don't worry, I know something that might work. If not, I can try a few other things. The worst thing we might have to do would be guess what sizes to order. in which case I will just order a variety of sizes that I think might fit you." He continued hugging her, not quite ready to get up yet. He would relax for a little longer.

Jewel smiled back at him before laying her head down on his chest, curling up against his side. "Okay. I just don't want you to waste money on me." she replied softly. When he hugged her, she smiled brightly and closed her eyes. As she rested against him, the whole day finally began to catch up to her and she yawned once more before nuzzling against him and falling asleep. Her breathing deepened and slowed down a bit as she fell fast asleep with her hand grasping onto his shirt tightly.

Will enjoyed the feeling as Jewel cuddled up to him. He was no longer very surprised by the affection she seemed to show him. He didn't think anything of it as she closed her eyes and yawned. Then she fell asleep. When she did she was gripping his shirt. He chuckled and smiled. He had work to do, so he lifted her up and carefully carried her into the bedroom. He placed her down, amking sure not to wake her. When he couldn't get his shirt free from her grasp he just took it off and went about his work outside shirtless.

As she was lifted, Jewel mewled in her sleep and she buried her face into his chest while holding onto his shirt a little tighter. She didn't even notice that he had lifted her up nor did she notice when he laid her down on the bed. But the entire time she didn't relent her grasp upon his shirt and when he took it off, she held it close to her and nuzzled her face against his shirt as she relaxed on the bed and fell into a deeper sleep.

Will smield as he saw Jewel sleeping quite comfortably. He silently left the room and went to first find his emergency satellite phone. Once he found it he moved around quietly until he also found Jewel's torn clothing. He took everything outside and called a friend from back home.

When his friend answered he was surprised to hear Will's voice. They spent some time catching up with what had been going on over the years. Then Will told him about Jewel. His first request was for him to search for notices about a missing girl and possibly obituaries. It might be a bit of work, but if he could find out who she was he might be able to help her regain her memories.

He then went on to his main request. He asked his friend if he could order a helicopter to air drop in supplies. He then started to list off items that he would need for Jewel. First her hair ties, and then her activity books. Then he went on to clothes. He looked at the ripped pieces until he found sizes. He told his friend what sizes to get for her. He continued on making requests for medical supplies, as well as a lot of other things. He included books and music to update his collection. He even asked for some wood to be delivered if possible, precut, to make it easier to build with if he felt he needed to. When he had asked for everything he could possibly need and Jewel could possibly want, he spent a little longer talking before finally hanging up. By the next morning they should have everything dropped in to a small clearing nearby. It was not large enough for the helicopter to land in though, so the possibility of air lifting Jewel out was not there. It would be too dangerous. She would be stuck with him until she was feeling well enough to walk out with him.

He put the phone away and then went about his work for the day. He did some hunting and killed a few small animals. He did some maintenance on the house and dealt with everything that he needed to. When he was done he was tired, sweaty, and dirty. He went for a swim in the pond to get clean before he walked back into the house. He dried himself off and sat down in the living room, relaxing, still shirtless.

Jewel slept fairly peacefully after he left her alone. The red head slept with a small smile on her lips and she curled up on her side. The entire time that he was outside on the phone and working around the cabin, she slept peacefully and soundly. It was only when he came back inside that she finally woke up. The sound of the door opening and closing woke the young woman up and she woke with a start, softly gasping wen her eyes snapped open. Groaning, she rolled over onto her stomach and buried her face into his shirt as she woke up more. Slowly as she woke up more, she finally lifted her head and looked around the room. For a moment she was confused about where she was before she remembered Will and she yawned. Looking down, she saw his shirt clenched in her hand and she giggled softly while blushing a little and she smiled before finally sitting up.

Slowly she stood up, stumbling a little before regaining her balance and she ran her fingers through her hair as she slowly walked out of the bedroom. She spotted William sitting down and she smiled slightly as she moved over to him, her footsteps silent. Reaching out, she laid her hand down on his shoulder. "Hey." she whispered, looking down at him with a small smile.

Will was just sitting and thinking when Jewel came up and placed a hand on his shoulder. He turned and looked up into her eyes with a soft smile. "Well hello there. I hope you had a nice rest. Did my shirt make a nice blanket? You wouldn't let it go when you fell asleep. I had to just take it off and let you have it. Are you hungry now? Would you like me to get some something to eat? Oh, and we will be getting all our new things in the morning. You will have some proper clothes to wear." He got up and moved past her into the kitchen. He started to prepare something for her, and if she wasn't hungry he could just eat it himself.

Jewel nodded and chuckled. "Yes, I had a very nice rest. I guess I was more tired then I thought." she replied before blushing brightly when he brought up his shirt and she looked away with a giggle. "Yes, it did make a nice blanket. I did notice that you took it off. Other wise it would of still been attached to you." She sighed softly before nodding slightly and smiling at him. "Okay. Thank you Will. Though if you don't mind, I think I'd like to keep these clothing. They're very comfy." The woman giggled softly while gently tugging at the hem of the shirt she wore, her shoulder peeking out of the neck hole a little. When he asked if she was hungry, her stomach answered for her as it growled and she grinned while pressing her hand against her stomach. "Yeah, I'm hungry." she replied. Turning, she followed him out to the kitchen where she sat down at the table and watched him start to cook.

Will was happy that Jewel had slept well. She needed some good rest to help her feel better.He noticed her blush when he mentioned his shirt to her. She reminded him a little of a school girl, but not completely. She was definitely a woman. He chuckled as she said she would like to keep the clothes she had on at the moment. She could wear whatever she wanted.

He liked hearing she was hungry. That was always a good sign of health. Unhealthy people might not feel hungry at all. He made a simple meal with some various types of meat as well as a few other things for her. He placed it all on a plate and slid it in front of her. "I hope you enjoy it." He smiled and leaned against the counter watching her.

Jewel was happy. While she didn't know Will for too long, Jewel was happy with him and she enjoyed his company. When he chuckled at her request to keep the clothes she was wearing, she grinned sheepishly and giggled softly as she followed him into the kitchen. She leaned against the wall as she watched him as he began making something to eat before moving to the table and sitting down, smiling up at him when he set the plate down in front of her. "Thank you Will." she says softly. "I hope that I can some day make this up to you." She smiled a little wider before beginning to eat the food slowly.

As she ate, she could feel him watching her and she looked up before blushing brightly with a small smile. "Will you be eating?" she asked him softly while gazing up at him before she took another bite of her food, her head tilting a little out of curiosity while she smiled gently at him.

Back
Top Bottom