Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Niche in Time

Every writer has their own style and voice, you can't compare voices and expect one to change to another. Just as two people have different voices, you can imitate another but you can't always make it your own. Don't try to be another, be the best voice you can be and if you see a weakness (and we all have them) improve on it, when you have the feeling and confidence in your own writing it shows. Greatness is relative, as in all things, have the confidence and heart to do what you do best and it will shine through. If you are going to stop let it be for the right reasons.

Thanks guys. I have my good days, and I have my bad days. That post was written on a bad day. You guys here on BMR are the best. In real life, I don't make too many friends. Sure the people I work I talk to, joke around with, think about having sex with, but to go out and do things outside of work, to know that I would keep in contact with them one of us were to leave the job? No. At work, as well as here, I'm usually this happy go lucky person. Always smiling, and I pretty much say anything. Then there's that little bit of time where I'm not smiling, sometimes on edge, and sometimes even close to tears. I try not to let it happen often as I hate feeling that way, but it does. That post was written on one of the days I couldn't help it.

I had sent out a message to a former partner of mine just saying hello. Our rp had stopped for reasons I won't get into. Turns out he sent me a reply to it when he replied to my message as well. In my first message to him, I just told him I like to check in on my partners every now and then even if we weren't rping. I don't make just partners here. You guys become my friends too. So when he replied I was happy. When he told me he replied to our rp, I was thrilled. Turns out he likes the fact that I don't have many limits. He said some other really nice things. Combine that with the messages left in this thread and the pms, and I've got the best friends here on BMR.

A message to someone though, who is a former partner of mine. You once asked me was something I wrote in my journal for you, and I told you that if I wrote something for you, you would know. None of what I said in that message above relates to you. I did mention something about people telling what they liked but not offering and plots. I will admit, yeah it could kind of apply to you, BUT in one of your threads you actually do talk about a few small plot ideas for dummies like me who just don't get what it is you're after. So remember that. I will admit I only have on problem with you. I can't seem to give you a plot idea you like.

To my partners, I've got a particularly long week this week. They're still handing out hours hand over fist, and some nights I feel like I got hit with both the hand and the fist. Which can be a good thing in a way, but I digress. So just to let you know, I haven't forgotten about any of you. Your replies will come when I'm not fighting sleep. lol. Literally I mean that right now. I want so badly to type out a reply, but sleep is looking better and better. I'll try to get out a couple a day. Monday I'm not working long hours, but I have something I am doing that evening. Still I will try to get out a few replies when I can. If I told you I would have a reply by a certain time and didn't, I'm sorry.

I received a PM today from someone I’ve spoken to before. In the past she and I worked on a group rp together that sadly didn’t work out. She had sent me a fan girl PM before the group rp began, and today I got another one from her. The following is just part of her PM to me.

“I will start gushing praise if I keep going, but wow, you capture emotions and settings and feelings so well. I feel like I am immersed in your character in your writing.”

To this person, I wanted to openly say thank you. I will be replying to their PM as they may, or may not, read my journal. Its PMs like this that can really make a person feel so much better about what they write. It really affirms that you’re doing something right. We all tend to doubt our work being our own worst enemy, but no matter how bad you think you are, how much work is lacking, there is someone out there that sees the true beauty in what you do. There is someone out there that appreciates it. I think if we all took the time to let someone else know that we enjoy reading what they write, we think they’ve got talent, and we can’t wait to see what they come up with next the world would be a better place. People aren’t always seeking praise or recognition. There are people that do what they do simply because they enjoy it, and there is nothing wrong with that, but it never hurts to give someone a little praise. This person simply made my day. To all the writers here on BMR, you are a talent in your way. We each have different writing skills, as varied as the things we enjoy writing about. I think that makes for one amazing melting pot of creativity. Again, to the person who sent me that PM, thank you. You’re words truly are appreciated.

I actually counted up how many replies I owe people. Nine, I think. I asked myself, out loud, how did I get it up to so many? Then I reminded myself that I can't say no to rps. lol. It was a "really?" moment.

I noticed where a former partner started a rp with someone. I read the opening post, which that by itself is saying something considering I don't read other people's rps most of the time. It's not a habit I like to have because then I tend to like other people's reactions and want to use them. Plus I see situations, characters, that I want and can't always have. Anyway I was bummed when our rped ended, and not by my choice I might add, but as I read the opening post....let's just say I'm not as bummed anymore. lol. It wasn't that he was a bad writer. He' actually not. I just found it exhausting trying to keep up with him. I felt his work was above mine, and I had to really work hard to even begin to compare to his. Still it's a case of wanting what you don't have, and knowing you couldn't handle it if you did have it. There are other writers on this site I would love to work with, but I know my work couldn't stand alongside theirs'. That's how it goes.

During a conversation with a former partner of mine, a comment was made along the lines of why do I care if lose one or two rps? I have so many. It is true that I do several rps. One only has to look at my request thread to see that. It actually needs to be updated, but I digress. Still I want to make it very clear to my partners that you are not a rp titled or the characters you play. You’re not even your user name here at BMR. You are a partner and a friend. I share OOC with my partners, some more than others. I try to develop some sort of a friendship with them. I don’t like simply playing with a user that I don’t talk to. It’s so cold. I guess for certain rps, that could actually work in your favor. Some of my partners I may only speak with about the rp(s). I.E. Donvoltonus and I don’t talk about our private lives. We simply ask a question here and there about the rp. Still there is an open feeling to our interactions. It’s warm. Dare I say it’s friendly? Lol. Then there are partners like Ladydark, whom I chat with every single day about anything. I even chat with her when I’m on my lunch break at work. She’s a good….friend! Then there is Tyr, whom I’ve chatted with quite a bit. Sirix, my favorite dragon! Xavierrol is another former partner, now current partner again that I consider a friend. So please don’t ever think that your rp isn’t special to me. You are all just as unique as the titles, characters, and scenes we create. So yes it does hurt if I lose a rp. Sometimes it goes away quickly. Other times, not so much. Still I wish all my partners, past and current, the best of luck with whatever they do.

I actually started to come up with a rp plot today. I'm not the best at doing this sort of thing. I'll admit that. I'm looking for some help, some opinion, some advice with this. I don't want to post the plot here. So if you're willing to help, would you please send me a pm? I'll be glad to send you the plot.

I have a long day at work. Not really looking forward to it. I get off at 7:45. Could be worse.

Thanks to the people who did pm me. You all had good ideas. When a plot idea comes to me, and believe me that's rare, I like to jot it down, even if it is rough, just so I don't forget the idea. Through the Window was a plot idea I had where I did that. I actually had someone show interest in that plot, but I don't know if I could pull of the main character. A strong serial killer type might be too much for me. My plots usually suck. So I was flattered by the desire from someone to play opposite on that one. An Unknown Fate was also my idea, and I thank Reydan for playing this one with me. I really am enjoying all the possibilities the rp is offering with a strong partner. My plot idea for the girl who wanted to be captured by the rapist so she could become his partner in crime was never shown any interest. Like I said, my plots usually suck. So again I thank those who pmed me. If I ever come up with a plot of my own again, I know who I can go to for advise.

You shouldn't be so hard on yourself, although I feel the same way with most of the plots I come up with. Everyone is their own worst critic, after all. I think your idea is really great, and would be an absolute pleasure to write out, or read. Glad I could be of help, and put in my $0.02!

Ouch, long days at work are never any fun. I definitely know how that goes. Hope you have a wonderful night though!

Thanks Rauk. That really means a lot. On a separate note, I loved your post to our rp, and I look to repsond tonight. I am really enjoying our rp, and I can't wait until things really get under way with Captain Drake. Loved the picture of his quarters as well. Who knew the Maiden had something like that inside?

I work 8:15 to 5 tomorrow. Another long day in the garden department on a sunny Saturday, the day before Mother's Day. We will be busy. Well. Outside garden will be busy. I work inside garden. I still may be busy as well though. I tell people, when they ask me about a certain type of flower, that I don't know about the live stuff. If you want to kill it or cut it, I can help you.

So for now, I'm going to enjoy my evening trying to reply to some of my rps before I pass out.

I work a short day today, off tomorrow, another short day on Wednesday, and off Thursday. So for the most part, I have an easy week. I work a full day on Friday, but I'm off on Saturday. Now Saturday I won't be able to write anything though until later in the evening. I'm going out of town to celebrate two family member's birthdays. So my week doesn't look too bad. I'm behind with my replies, but that's typical. lol. I like having replies to do. When I'm all caught up, I tend to go looking for more, but on the flip side of that, I do enjoy being able to say, "I'm all caught up." I'm starting to lean more towards wanting to be able to say, "I'm all caught up." So replies might be coming out in the next few days. I tend to go on a reply writing kick and get them all done. So if I owe you one, I'll try to get it to you soon.

On another note yesterday I had a partner inform me that I had written something in my reply that she wasn't comfortable with. It really was no problem to go back and change it. I didn't mind at all. This morning I found out that a former partner was also uncomfortable with something I had written in my last post to him. He didn't want to hurt my feelings. I just want to let all my partners know that if I ever, EVER write anything that makes you uncomfortable in any way, please tell me. I promise I won't bite or cry. Unless that's what you're into. I have no problem whatsoever going back and making changes. I want my partners happy and enjoying the rp. So please, please, please communicate with me. I love to talk. lol. It won't be a problem at all. I promise. If you've got an F-list, and I still do something you're uncomfortable with, then that's just an oversight on my part, and I can't apologize enough. This is why I like OOC so much. It gives us both a chance to talk about what we would like to accomplish in upcoming scenes and the direction of the rp. I had a rp that ended mostly because of creative differences. I hated that it came to a close. More than I can express in fact. My partner was seeing things going one way, and I was thought they were going to go another way. He and I, I believe, failed to communicate enough. I would have gone the way he wanted to. Now more so than ever I think, because I'm leaning more into the darkness of the darker themes. At the end of the day, I just want my partners happy. Happy partners write replies, and I love replies.

I hope everyone has a good day and this post finds you all well. On a side note, to a special someone who reads my journal, I think you know that it is our rp I'm speaking of. I would have gone and either become the doll or watched him die.

I have been working around with a plot idea. I’ve asked a couple of people for their advice, their input, and in doing so this plot is growing, taking on a life of it’s own, and I love it.

It started simple enough. A woman, alone, begins to correspond with a solider overseas. The rp would literally be their letters back and forth in the beginning, as they share their lives. They slowly grow closer, and he announces he’s coming home. She makes the trip to meet him face to face, and in doing so discovers something about him she couldn’t have possibly imagined.

He’s a killer. A cold blooded killer. She is strangely attracted, and yet fears, everything about this side of him. At first, she wants to flee, but fears what society would think of her. Here is a woman walking away from the esteemed war hero. How could she? What kind of person does that? On the outside, he is everything any woman could want, and he has put his life on the line for his country only to return home to a woman that came all this way to just walk away from him? She would be the monster as he keeps that side of himself well hidden. So she remains, learning more about him, until she witnesses a kill. Her attraction to this darkness, the tiny flame that she hid behind her fear begins to grow. He has removed the walls of fear and fanned the flames.

They embark on a series of deadly games. A revolves shoved down her throat. One bullet. She must maturbate, for a live, streaming feed, as every minute he pulls the trigger, possibily ending her life. Cum or die. These games continue, growing in intensity. Finally she wakes in a room, a basement. No windows. One door. Thick, concrete walls. She’s not alone. Another woman, forced there against her will. A voice comes over a speaker. “One of you must die. A fight to the finish. The winner will leave this room. If you both refuse, you both die.” A camera mounted in the corner catches everything as the women fight to the death. Does she win, leaving the room, hiding her bruises, living with her actions, or does she die?

If she lives, she is a woman who finds herself, by chance, by the luck of the draw due to the letters, in a situation she is strangely attracted to. She wants to experience more and more, to feel it all, and he is more than happy to accommodate her.

From there it could evolve still into her taking lives on her own. Instead of setting the situation up, she is tasked with finding someone, hunting them, and taking them life or losing her own again. Perhaps a device is attached to her body that will bring about her demise if she can not produce proof she has indeed followed through with what she was asked to do. Presenting the heart of her victim on camera for the world to see. Of course you also have to take into account that the police, FBI, would become involved. Murder streaming live on the internet is most certainly going to attract attention. She will fall in love with these acts. It doesn’t mean she will fall in love with him. No. It could happen, but it’s not a necessity. In time she could even take over and find her own kills, proudly displaying trophies of her conquests. It could come to a standoff between the two of them. Only room at the top for one disturbed killer.

It is a seriously dark, sick rp, and I am falling more in love with the plot idea. Does anyone have anything else that could possibly be added to this? Any thoughts? I would love to hear them.

*Added info on the plot idea*
The two begin to enjoy meals courtesy of their victims. They could be on camera, live, steaming video feed of course. Two killers enjoying a snack of jerky while watching news talking about the murders and disappearances as the bodies haven't been found.

Since their actions would attract the attention of the police, FBI, what if her kills, or their kills, became certain officials?

It was suggested by someone that they make it a type of competition between them. Who can come up with the most ingenious ways to kill their victim? Who can make them suffer the most whilst still keeping them alive? Here’s something I really liked about this person’s advice. It’s bold and yet still keeps with the sick theme of the rp. Lol. Charge people on the live streaming feed, their website, so they can continue to fund their kills and travel to various locations. That’s just brazen. Make the deaths similar to those seen in the Saw movies. I have to admit, I can see that happening. I did have that movie in mind while working on certain parts of the plot. Endure your certain death or try and escape, but if you do escape, will you meet a much worse fate?

They wear masks while committing these acts. It actually makes a lot of sense. If they're doing this on a live, streaming feed, they would need to conceal who they are.

I do wish to thank all those that are lending their ideas to this. The plot is growing, and as I mentioned to a friend of mine, I’m afraid of how much I actually do like this plot. It’s actually scary to be so attracted to a plot.

I'm taking my mother out to lunch today. My family was planning a get together to celebrate a couple of birthdays today, one of which was hers', but my father was ill yesterday. So the plans were cancelled. So today I am taking her to the nicest restaurant in town. She knows we're going to lunch, but she doesn't know where. I'm going to surprise her.

Again I want to thank all those that gave me input on the "killer" rp plot. It's absolutely wonderful. I had a few people in mind for the role, but I don't know.

Hi! :)

I just want to apologise for my prolonged absence here on your OOC thread. Should it happen again I will try to warn you before my demons take me over completely. Darn demons... :D

It's okay Wolfman. I understand. Trust me, with my delay in posting to rps, I I have no room to say anything to anyone about how long it takes them to post. I think right now I have to fix the post to our rp, four other rps, respond to a PM, and....hmmmmmm, let me think here. I know. That's dangerous. lol. I want to check out another group rp. I have some research to do for another rp, but it's not imperative that it be done quickly. I've got lots of time on that part. No. The research isn't for my "killer" rp. lol. I think that's it, but I'm sure I'll remember something. lol. I do tend to stay busy. So if my partners take a little while, that's more than fine. So if you feel the need to disappear, I understand.

Sorry the replies are slow again guys. Just been in a mood of sorts lately, and there's a lot going on.

I am happy to say that my partner, Wolfman, has returned. He and I will be continuing our rp, Summer Camp Romance. I am anxious to rp the plot between Chloe and Marcus. It's great having Wolfman back. I always found his posts enjoyable. It also appears that the group rp, Is it Really You, has started up again as well. Thank you so much for posting Reydan. Again, I am anxious to rp out Callie and Robbie. Those two have been trying to get together since the first run of the rp. If it doesn't work out this time, you and I are finishing their story in PM. lol. Although I will say this. I have no doubt that their story will be arousing, hot , and intense as I have seen how you write. Elizabeth and Oli, and Tessa and Marcus were extremely fun to write. On another note, the scene with Marissa, Oli, and David is very erotic to write. As for Tessa being in 'the pit', that entire experience is just....there aren't words for it. lol. You are an amazing partner, and I can't thank you enough for the experiences you are giving me with your wonderful posts. Ladies, Reydan is a talented partner. If you get the chance to work with him, I advise it. I have also had an offer from a current partner to take on the "killer" rp. Pazzo has thrown his name into the hat for that, and I have to say he is someone that I wouldn't mind writing this out with. I'm not able to start it just yet, as I have too much on my plate right now. In the coming weeks, it looks like I'm working fewer hours. After a busy season so far, trust me, it's a welcomed thing. So we'll see what happens.

And now a note to all my partners. I've been in slight funk lately. Missing my muse to be exact. The desire to actually sit down and write is there. It's just way back in the dark corners of my mind. I want to write, but when I actually say that I'm going to sit down and do so, my mind simply says, "eh." So I haven't really put out too many replies at all. They're piling up, and I apologize. I do hope to get some out soon. I work the closing shift on Wednesday night. That means I get off at 10pm. Then I have a whole day off. *Does the Snoopy dance* So perhaps I will have a writing marathon. So please, just hang in there. I have not forgotten any of you.

I'm including the Snoopy dance so you guys don't think I'm total nut.
https://youtu.be/oCFMAXFTI-M

Also I would like to publicly thank Sirix for the mention in GiaNoir's interview. That was so sweet of you. You're my favorite dragon!

AndNich123 said:
Ladies, Reydan is a talented partner. If you get the chance to work with him, I advise it.

#truuUUU
Reydan is exceptionally talented and imaginative, not to mention someone who rarely makes language/spelling/grammatical mistakes. His characters are also perfect!

Also girl, I feel you on the writing funk. Sometimes it's taken me a day to get out of, and sometimes a couple months. Hopefully you'll be out of the funk in no time!

Thanks Ari. We all go through the writing funk, but at least when we come out of it, we're ready to write. Clearly. lol. When the muse is present, the posts reflect it. You're right with everything you said about Reydan. You know, I looked at his request thread, and I didn't see anything I thought he and I could write. So I moved on. Then the group rp idea was posted, and I signed up. Almost missed my chance too. Someone else beat me to it, but then they disappeared. So I snatched it up. Turned out Reydan and I were paired up in that rp. Since then two more rps have started between us. He is an absolute joy to write with.

I came back to my journal to add that I'm thinking about posting the plot idea Turning Tables again. It's one that I began to rp with Xavierrol, but for personal reasons I won't get into I stopped the rp. I did rp it with Dark_Roleplay, and I loved how it ended. The idea came back to me tonight, and I don't know. I think I might post it up again. The basic plot was a slave has an opening and she "turns the tables" on her Master. She becomes his Mistress. Of course it's all done by force. With Xavierrol the idea was that she thought he was getting soft with her. He was though. He was developing deep feelings for her. So he was taking it easy on her. She was going to show him how to be a proper owner. With Dark_Roleplay, she was tired of his punishments because she had fallen in love with him. So when she had the chance she punished him greatly. Of course the tables turned and he was back in control. She tells him she's in love with him, he orders a horrible punishment, which she is willing to endure to prove her love, but he can't let it happen. He stops it, declares his love for her, and the two work out a new contract together. The End. lol. Like I said, I'm thinking about putting this plot idea up again. The specfics on all of the rp are up for discussion of course, and the lends it to having so many different possibilities of how it could go. We'll see. I'm only thinking about putting it up back up right now.

I only have two replies due in thread here. One is due in PM. It's my email rps that are the most behind. Almost all of them need to be replied to. That's three of the four. I'm off from work tomorrow. So if you haven't gotten a reply yet, look for it then. I don't know if I'll be putting out too many more today. I have to be at work a 2,and I have some other things to take care of before I go.

I hope everybody has a wonderful day.

Awh, I only just read this bit, having been so busy over the last couple of days. Thank you to you both, Andy and Ariamella. You are both wonderful partners to have and to write with.

Really lucky to be on BlueMoon with such people.

Guys, both of these fine young ladies are literary talents you cannot afford to go without any longer!

Thank you Victorian_Virtue. You are a talented writer, and I consider it a great honor to have worked with you. I am doing exactly as you suggested. Even when the muse is with me, finding time is tough. I find myself living for days off as of late. Today is such a day. *grins* So I’m going to be working on replies. The sun is shining, the muse is visiting, and I have the whole day off. Sounds like a good day to string along some sentences and hope they makes sense. If I’m really lucky, they’ll even be good. As for killing Poison Ivy, Ortho makes a product by that name in fact. It kills poison ivy and poison oak. It’s a tough brush killer. Bayer also makes a product designed to do the same thing. I think they are available in small spray bottles, concentrate, the bottles you hook up to your garden hose, and the bigger, pump and spray bottles already mixed up. Of course Round Up also makes a product by the name of Poison Ivy. The label has yellow writing on it. You know you can’t go wrong with Round Up. I hope that helps.

Reydan, you make me blush. Finding you for a partner has been the best stroke of luck I have ever had on BMR. I always say that my partners are the best. You are a very versatile writer. Our two rps are proof of that. Sweet and loving and hot and spicy. Oli is a stark contrast to Marcus and The Pit. You have not disappointed me anywhere in anyway.

As I mentioned above, and in another post, today is my day off. So it’s catch up day. If you’re waiting for a reply from me, then you should have it today. Pazzo, SilverKnight, Google, Sirix, and Ladydark are my only thread people waiting on a reply from me. If I have overlooked someone, don’t worry. I go down the list of my subscribed threads so I don’t miss anyone. As for PMs, I think Tyr is the only one I owe a reply to there. In emails, DonVoltunus, Tyr, and ThisIsNotYou are owed replies. Tyr actually gets two in email. So yeah. I’ve got a few to write.

I hope everyone has a great day

Well apparently two of my partners have something I don’t but desperately want. To both of you I say, enjoy. You both deserve to have fun with what you have going on. You both are great partners, and I feel lucky to have your rps. I will have replies, hopefully, waiting on you both.

That won’t be too hard to do either considering I’m off Saturday and Sunday. Yes. I am lucky enough to be off this holiday weekend. I want to ask everyone, partner or not, to be careful in whatever you do this weekend. Most of all, enjoy yourselves.

Back
Top Bottom