Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Niche in Time

That doesn't sound bitchy at all. (Sorry for the random post on your journal, I hope it isn't too terribly forward or presumptuous of me). I am relatively new to this site, but not to forum based RP, and despite what real life tends to throw I always try to keep in contact with all of my partners. Being left in limbo when you are invested in a plot is frustrating and it is even more disheartening when someone drops off the face of the planet only to later admit to being disinterested. Being upfront is not only respectful but courteous to your partner. So far on this site I have had great responses but past experience on other forums has me identifying with your post.

Anyways, hello! Nice to sort of meet you!
~Zel

It’s more than alright for you to post on my journal. Comments are welcomed. Maybe I should put that in the title. Thanks for your comment too. I’m glad it didn’t come across as bitchy as I was afraid it would. I know life happens. I’ve said it before in my journal. Life interrupts. Real life comes first. Still a two sentence PM to let someone know, “Hey. I’ve been busy. I’ll reply soon. Thanks.” Okay. That’s more than two sentences, but it didn’t take that long to type. That’s not too much to ask. Nice to meet you as well, and by the way, love the user name.

Okay. So I’ve been watching some interesting movies as of late. Teeth. It’s a story about a virgin girl who discovers her vagina has teeth after she’s raped. Yeah. I’m also a slight fan of The Human Cenetipded movies. I know. They’re just gross factor movies, but wow. Now there’s an idea for rp! Speaking of which, I sort of worked on one, sent it to someone for their opinion, and got zip along the lines of feedback. So I might post the idea here. The concept is similar to one I have in thread now that seems to be….done….I guess. The girl’s friend goes missing. You know what? It’s a lot to type. So I’m gonna go look through my sent files in my PM and copy and paste it.

Here we go. The title is something along the lines of For My Friend. The plot is similar to one that I was working on in threads. A girl's friend, best goes missing. She thinks she has an idea of where to start to look for her, but fear has kept her away. Finally, after her friend's body turns up, brutally murdered, she has to know. The last place she knew her friend had been was a sleazy looking club downtown. So she dresses suitably for such an establishment, and heads towards it. Of course she is met with resistence. Turns out this place is a by invitation only place. Her friend had apparently been approached by someone, and that was information she didn't know. In her panic, in a last ditch attempt to gain entry, she blurts out her friend's name, hoping it will gain her some favor. It does. They take her inside. All is revealed as sex slave trafficking operation. Her friend was to be sold after completing a training period of what these men would enjoy. She resolves herself to be trained, selling them on her willingness. Of course she had other plans. Be trained, sold to a man of great power and wealth, and all the while trying to undermined the operation so she could take it all down. During her training, she catches the eye of the man in charge. Oh handsome as he may be, her only goal to his watch him lose everything just like her friend did. I don't know how she'll undermined everything. All I can think of is, is that she'll start talking with the police, stealing money, and helping other girls get away. Maybe she even crosses a line and kills a couple of the girls in training. No girls = no one they can sell. That means no money. She could even set fire to the place in an effort to stop it, but he has another 'office' they simply begin to use. It's just a base idea. Now does she end up with him? Does she shut it all down? Does she get to see him led away with a satisfied grin on her face? All could be discussed with a partner.

There we go. That was so easier.

It’s raining here today. Pouring in fact. I love the rain. It’s relaxing. I could live somewhere that had rain most of the time. They put the Halloween decorations on sale at work last night. 50% off. It was funny to be able to see Halloween decorations not far from the Christmas ones. We’re always in such a rush these days. We can’t enjoy one holiday before we’re trying to get ready for another one. Christmas decorations will be going away before you know it, and then you’ll see red hearts everywhere along with stupid stuffed animals that sing and dance when you press their paw. It’s cute for kids, but as a woman, I don’t like gifts like that for Valentine’s Day. Don’t buy me some stupid stuffed animal or chocolates or even jewelry. All that stuff is nice, but I would want from my man, if I had one, would be to just go out. Take me someplace we can sit together, talk, enjoy a nice meal, and then take me home. We could cuddle and then maybe move to something else. That’s all I want. Flowers are nice, but they die. It’s a waste of money, and at Valentine’s Day most people give roses to their loved one. Blah. Roses are so done. Buy me daisies. I guess I’m weird. Then again, I don’t believe in love. Valentine’s Day is a stupid holiday to me. No this is not just talk from a bitter, lonely woman. I just don’t like a holiday that tells you to buy something for someone you love. You should do that anyway. It does rub it in the faces of those that are alone that they are alone. Trust me. It’s something we’re painfully aware of. I do have someone who would be with me in a heartbeat. In fact, he and I have an arrangement. We set up a certain age, that if by the time we both reach it, if we’re not married, we’re gonna marry each other. I’ve asked him to marry me twice, and he’s asked me once. Lol. I know he loves me with all his heart, but I just can’t do it. We dated for a long time. It didn’t work out. I’ve got my reasons for being afraid of relationships. Wow. Did this paragraph really take a left turn into rambling. Sorry.

Anyway, I know I have replies due out. At the top of that list is A Sweet Revenge and Poker Night. I have to reply to those first. I’ve had them on my brain since they’ve been waiting the longest. I don’t know if it’s like this for other people, but if you let a rp sit for a while, until you do a reply, does it become harder to actually sit down and write the reply? The more time that passes, the harder it gets for me, and then I start to feel guilty because my partner has been waiting. Well I’ve got three days off coming up, starting tomorrow. So I’ll do my best to get some writing done. Been missing some of my partners. Real life calls. Glad to be talking with one of my partners in particular again. Talented writer that I’m enjoying working with. Kenkay is great. Also my new rps are looking good as well. Time differences are a pain in the behind with one of my partners, but we’re working it out. DeRe is worth it. He is about 18 hours, I think, ahead of me. So yeah. That’s fun. Still we work it out.

Well, I do have to work today. Because of the rain, I don’t know how busy we’re going to be. For anybody who reads this that may not know where I work at, I work at my local Home Depot store. I started out in the garden department, but I moved to the paint department. I am the paint Goddess. So now you know where I work at when I mention work. One perk about my job though. A lot of men come into the store. *grins raising eyebrows* Nice scenery.

To all my partners, both past and present. I am helping a friend of a friend, a partner of a partner, who is searching for some literate partners. She has certain tastes. Non con and nasty. Now while I have referred her to some of you, I also told her that your tastes on non con would be probably lean more towards you wanting her character to enjoy it at some point. One of you I'm not even sure if you're into non con at all, but I do know you're a literate writer. To one of my partners that I referred her to know this, I strongly advised her to read your request threads. I told her your tastes were a little different, and that you required more of your partners. So please do not be angry if someone should contact you saying she got your name from me. It's all in an effort to help someone new to BMR out. We've all had our share of sifting through partners until we found those we consider keepers. I did not refer all of my partner to her, and that's not because I think you are not talented. It's just that I was focused on three things when thinking of who to mention to her. Literate, non con, and nasty. If you're not one, or more, of those, then your name did not get passed to her. So please do not be offended if she doesn't contact you. I also advised her to read the request threads of everyone I mentioned to her. It would give her an idea of how you write.

Have to go to work now. I know I still have some replies to get out. Nothing new there.

Threads
What Goes Around - DeRe
Staring Over - Kenny N Gamera
MurderMe.com - Boyo111

PMs
Lust on the Open Road - Kenkay

Email
Starting From Scratch - BennyQ
Willow's Work - DonVoltonus
Poker Night - Caleb Raines
Loss of Innocence - Kenkay

I think that's it. I'm typing this up quickly before I go to work. Speaking of, I have to be getting ready to do so here in a bit. So take care Bluemoon!

P.S. Have you ever had that one friend that made you feel stupid when they talked? Well in this case, it's when they write. He makes me feel stupid, and I know it's not on purpose. I'm not even mad about it. I'll have to go back, when I have more time, and look up what some of the words he used mean. He's not the only one either. It's happened before, and it will continue to happen. It's how we learn. I should start writing down these words and make my own word for the day calendar. lol. Now. Time to get ready for work.

I don't work today. Tomorrow is a short day, and I don't work the day after that. So basically I have three days that I can try to put some work into my replies. I have some of my literate rps that have come back to me. Mom's Dirty Secrets, MurderMe.com, What Goes Around, and Keeping it in the Family are all ready to be replied to. I have one more that I have been informed via PM will be coming back to me soon. My partner likes to take it slow. Trust me, I have no problem taking things slow. It builds up the anticipation. I like that. Loss of Innocense started as small rp in pm. The posts were not that big, but it's growing into a literate rp. That can happen when the plot is juicy and the partner is amazing. Lucky for me I have both with that one.

Thanks to all of you who talk to me when I'm feeling blue or doubting my work. It really means a lot. I'm always talking about how great my partners are, and it's the truth. You guys, and one girl, are the best. Thank you.

Have a good day Bluemoon.

Personally I reply to whatever rp I feel at the time. I hope that makes sense. So if you’ve replied, and you see me sending reply after reply to another rp, don’t be offended. I don’t like the thought of forcing a reply. I’d much rather the muse be there with me. Also, please take into account the rp you’re seeing me rp to. Is it a one liner? Plus there may be other factors you don’t know about. I can tell you right now, as of right now, if I had the time to put the effort into it, I know which rp I would be working on next. Mom’s Dirty Secrets. I want to reply to that one, and Keeping it in the Family. Both of those rps are on my mind, and I didn’t even think of it until just now, but they’re both incest rps. Go figure. Lol. I've also go Starting Over my mind. There are a couple more as well. So again, please don’t ever feel our rps are not important to me. I just like to work with the rps that are most on my mind at the time. What's on my mind right now could change by the time I get home from work. lol. wouldn't surprise me.

Now, having said that, it’s time to go to work. Have a good day Bluemoon.

I lost a rp partner today. It brings me sadness, but I respect my partner’s decision. He informed me of his choice in a PM, and while I will not disclose his personal information, I will say this. I understand his choice, and I respect him. He also was decent enough to let me know instead of just disappearing. That act of kindness goes a long way. There is one thing I will mention that was in his PM. He said that we, i.e. his other partners as well, could consider the rps we had going with him closed. We could also kill off his character. No. I will not do that. I would rather leave as it is. The character he created deserves more than a death like that. So no, Victorian_Virture, I will not kill Joe Morris. He deserves more than that. You deserve more than that. You will be missed here at BMR, but as I said before, I respect your choice. I wish you the best in all that you do.

Oh a happier note, I spoke with someone here from BMR on YIM this evening. I won’t give out there user name on YIM, as that’s personal info. This person was polite and a joy to speak with, even if it was briefly. They had the most flattering things to say. Apparently we added each other on YIM a long time ago and never really talked. When they asked what my BMR user id was, of course I told them. AndNich123. The next two comments I got were, “Oh shit! You’re awesome.” So that person I spoke with tonight, again I say thank you. That was really sweet of you to say. I can’t speak for everyone here, but personally I love it when someone lets you know they’re reading your work and they like it.

One other note before I close this post. Happy Birthday to BennyQ aka brutal Benny. I hope you had a wonderful day. You’re one of my favorite partners to write with, and of course you write one of my most favorite characters. The good Dr.. He was so much fun in Padded Cell I’d still like to see that one as group rp, but they don’t seem to do so well here. I digress. Happy Birthday Benny!

Hey Andy,

Sorry to hear you lost a partner, but it's always good to be told rather then be left wondering, so I'm glad you at least know.

I agree, it is a great feeling when you receive a message like that, and you totally deserve the compliments, xD

Sorry my replies are slower than usual. My mind just isn’t feeling writing too much lately. Yeah sure I’m able to reply to some of my rps, but if you’re waiting on a reply and haven’t gotten it, don’t feel bad. It really isn’t you. It’s me. Wow. Sounds like I’m breaking up with you guys doesn’t it? I assure you, I am not.

I’m studying for some tests that I have to take at my job. It’s required. Hence the reason why I said for tests that I have to take at my job. They’re called PK tests. PK stands for product knowledge. Each department at home depot has them. When an associate begins to work in a department, the training they do is on a computer. We watch video, and at the end of some of them, there are some questions you answer. When you’re finished with all the training videos, you then start to work on PK. PK covers everything in your department. So for me it’s paint sprayers, paints, stains, and brushes. Some of the questions are super easy. Some not so much. I have one that I haven’t even seen yet. Two that I have to retake, and two that I’ve passed. Once I’m done, I am PK certified. That means a cute, little pin for my apron. That’s really it. I know there’s a deadline on being certified. Even when you take the training classes, you’ve got deadlines to have them done by. While my deadline for my PK isn’t until January, I’m still being pushed to get it done.

I’ll give you an example of one of the questions. This one was an easy one.
Which product is used to patch and repair drywall?
Painter’s tap
Latex primer
Spackling or joint compound
Epoxy

The answer is Spackling or joint compound. Now for a harder one.

If a customer needs a brush to touch up walls in an apartment and intends on using the same brush to apply both oil-based and latex paint, which type of brush should you recommend?
Clear bristle
Natural bristle
Blanded bristle
1” brush

The answer is blended. Don’t’ ask me why. I don’t have a clue. You see I have notes that another assoicate took while taking all of her classes, and she even wrote down the questions to these tests. The down side to that is one, I’m not really learning this stuff, and two, the ones she got wrong, she doesn’t know the correct answers for. If you get an answer wrong, it won’t tell you what the correct answer is. Now you get three tries to take the tests. After that, it has to be reset for you in the system. So with only four possible answers, and three chances to take it, you’ve got a good chance at even guessing. Of course you can miss one and still pass as well. So the odds are forever in your favor.

Can’t you tell I’m going to see the new Mockingjay movie tomorrow night? Lol. I don’t go to the movies too often. Last time I went I needed a cigarette when it was over. 50 Shades of Grey. Just kidding though. I don’t smoke. That movie, on the other, did at times. Wow. I bought it. So anyway, that’s what is going on in a nutshell. Oh, and I have to go to work today. I got one day off this week, and that’s tomorrow. *Sighs* So I’m pooped. Have a good day Bluemoon.

Going to see the new Mocking Jay Movie tonight. Kinda don't want to go. Then tomorrow I’m going to The Southern Christmas Show with my mom and sister in law. Again, kinda don’t want to go. Just not feeling it. Hope everybody has a great weekend. Sorry for the lull in replies. I haven’t written much of anything lately. Sorry guys. I need my muse to come and spend some time with me. If you see her, or him, point her, or him, in this direction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OohcGgVNLFw

I have one reply that I could try to get out today. That would mean digging for the last post to the rp in my old yahoo email account, and I’ve left them for gmail. I had so much trouble with it running slow. It was a pain in the behind. If I can manage to find that post and reply to it, I’ll almost be caught up. I have one other reply to work on, but trust me, that won’t take long. To think, I could be caught up before I go to work tonight. I’ve only been caught up once since July, I think. I don’t get to say that often. Here’s hoping.

I hope everybody is doing well. With Thanksgiving coming up this week for those of us here in the states, I wanted to let my partners know that I’ll be on, but it probably won’t be until in the evening. I hope everybody enjoys the holidays. Spend time with family and enjoy some delicious food. I have to work tonight. So have a good day Bluemoon. If I do get caught up, oh you can bet I’ll post about that. It doesn’t happen that often.

I am....CAUGHT UP! *Does the snoopy dance* Yay! I don't accomplish this that much. So this feels great. No one is waiting on a reply from me. Now, time to head off to work soon.

I have been so depressed lately. I can't seem to get in a good mood. More than once I have thought about leaving BMR. I just can't get rid of the blues. Please forgive this post. I just wanted to let everybody know that I am down.

I’ve had two rps that were in the planning stage fizzle out. One was going to be a romantic plot. The other was about an ex addict who was in rehab and stumbles across a man who was actually a dealer who had checked himself in so that he could sell to the addicts. He had to find some way to keep her quiet. I remember there was talk about him injecting her. It would make it look like she was using. I wanted her to try and take him down somehow. Anyway, that one fizzled out.

My current active rp count, meaning they reply on a fairly regular basis is about 7. Yeah that may seem like a lot, but you’re talking about someone who has about 18 or more usually. So yeah. I’ve taken quite a dive. It’s not voluntary. I assure you. My partners are all just busy. The alternative is they don’t like me anymore. I’m inclined to believe both, but hey, that’s just me. Always think the worst. I wanted to do a plot based off of a few episodes of Dexter. The woman is raped and left for dead, but she’s found by a man who helps her. He helps heal her back from the brink of death. She wants revenge by killing them. Turns out her hero is a serial killer. So he has no problem helping her out. Not very original, but hey. My emotions are still in the toilet. Sorry.

I got my review at work tonight. It was sparkling. I did great. So that's helping my mood. I'm putting out feelers for new partners. I enjoy roping that much. I k ow there are talented writers here. No I'm not throwing my current partners away. Never. I will always be here for them. I just want to keep busy.

I really dislike "runaway brides" - the folks who will lead you all the way to the altar and then disappear. I had two such cases in the past month. We spent days at it, worked out every detail, laid all the groundwork...then I never hear from them again. They're still around on the board, so I can only assume it's some kind of elaborate troll. Nor is it unique to you or I - just yesterday I got an upset PM from a friend who had just copped a dose of this callousness. Believe me, we of good faith are not the problem. The coin of common courtesy is sorely lacking in some people's purses! Naturally this has a deleterious effect on one's own emotions which in turn has a knock-on effect with one's Blue Moon experience. But be assured: it's their loss! Don't let the bastards get you down. You can move on to find good loyal partners, because they're out there just waiting for you, and the jerks have nothing but their inconsiderate narcissism to keep them entertained.

I know... I hate it when that happens... I've had a few in the last week or so myself... Spend the time plotting it out... Set it up... Post it... Then nothing... And you can't even repot them cause it's not against the rules... >.< But don't worry Andy :) we aren't going anywhere... You're stuck with us ^___^

I’ve been feeling down for quite a while now. I’m trying to overcome it. There are good days, and then there are bad days. If I owe you a reply, and for most of current rps, I do, then I thank you for your patience. I know what has brought all of this on. It’s stupid, and I want to work through it. It’s just not that easy. I’m rather ashamed to fully admit to what it is. So please don’t ask. In an attempt to help with this mood, I put out a request thread for some of my failed rps, and adopt-a-rp thread. I got some bites. Add to that that I spoke with a user, after viewing his request more than once, about a plot he had listed. I gave him my thoughts, and he liked them. So he asked for more, and again I sent him my thoughts. He liked them again. So we started this rp. Well. He sent me the starter. I have yet to reply. I’ll honestly admit that he blew me away with his opener. I hope I can measure up to his caliber. Corybantic titled the rp In the White Room. It’s a tale about a woman seeking, at the urging of a friend, help in forgetting her ex. So she’s trying hypnosis therapy. He is going to help her, but he’s also going to work with her tweaking who she is. That part of it will be subtle, and she won’t be aware of it. So she’ll keep going back to him for the therapy as it will be working in helping her with her ex. She just has no idea that he’s building her up into a better woman. The concept of the rp is, is that he uses hypothesis not to tear her down and break her mind, but he uses it to build her up. I liked it. It’s a different take on using the hypnosis kink. Sync and Iron and Wine picked up a plot from the thread. One will be in thread. Actually, it’s already there. Well. At least the starter is. Something else I have to get to. The other one will take place in PM. So I gained three more partners, and I’m looking forward to working with them. I also received a couple of cold calls lately. One I need to reply back to. Even though I’m not interested, it’s still the polite thing to do. The other I already did. He was inquiring about a rp with a pastor. That was all I needed to read, but I did read all of his message. I do not do rps involving religion. Yes I have played an angel, and yes I have played against demons and devils, but when you start talking a man of the cloth, a church, or nuns then I am not interested. I can’t even type God D***. I don’t say it either. I have pushed my boundaries with the issue of anything related to religion as far as I care to in the rp Trophy Wife I do with Ladydark. The fact that two of the girl refer to one of her characters as, “M’lord,” is enough for me. I also play a couple of fallen angels, one of whom fell in for, or became addicted to sex, with the prince of hell. She gained a tattoo from him that he used to wield a sort of power of over her with. That’s about as far as I want to go with that. I don’t want to even say that he marked her. Though in essence, I know that’s what he did, I just don’t want to say it. So yes I turned down the rp request. For anyone reading this, please do not send me requests that have religion in them. I will say no.

I’m off from work today. I was off yesterday as well. I didn’t do many replies yesterday. So today I’d like to get some done. Again, thank you all for being so patient.

Tonight I am off from work. Tonight I have special plans. Someone from my family will be with tonight. We're going to eat pizza and watch my favorite Christmas movie. She knew it was coming on tonight. After looking up when it would be on and comparing that list to my schedule, she wrote it down on my dry erase board I keep my work schedule on. So we're going to watch it while having pizza. After that, we're going to decorate the Christmas tree and enjoy a chocolate chip muffin I hope. So for a little while tonight, I won't be at my computer. No. Tonight I will be enjoying life and family. Replies will have to wait a little longer, and I know I've got some to do. OOC will have to take a back seat. Tonight real life interrupts, and I couldn't be happier about it.

Enjoy the fruits of the season. Have a good pizza and a tasty muffin. Always nice to spend time with family.

I hope this gets you out of your down mood. Take the time to unwind and just have some pure fun. You have earned it.

Last night was so much fun. She and I are planning to do something similar tomorrow night. Yet another of my favorite Christmas movies is coming on, and we're gonna watch. We're gonna try to decorate my tree then too. We were both us until midnight. She went to bed shortly after. So tomorrow night it's another good movie, but I don't know what I'll have for dinner. We did pizza last night. So I don't know. She likes ribs. Maybe I'll cook her some ribs in Italian dressing. Sounds good to me. No more death by chocolate though. Oh my gosh. That was just way too sweet. Neither one of us was able to at one muffin in one sitting. It was just too much chocolate, but it was good, so good. My homemade chocolate icing was all on top. Yes. I cook.

I was off yesterday, but today I go back to work. The inventory count we've been prepping for started today. Now in a store as big as where I work at, these counts can take days to do. So yay for dealing with people in my department while I work. lol. That is if they're counting the stuff in my department. Could I be lucky enough for them to do my department in one day? Now the focus shifts back to Hazmat training. My classes for another department have also been set up. So I start working on becoming certified for electrical. I don't know if this is true for all Home Depot stores or not, but the next time you're in one, look at the apron of an associate. If you see a small, metal thing that looks like it just hooks over the top part of their apron that has a department on it....paint, appliances, hardware, garden....that means they're certified for that department. They've gone through all their classes, taken the tests, and done an in aisle assessment. Sounds like a lot. It's not. For example, my in aisle assessment as done by my department head. He likes me as a worker. He checked everything off and told me to sign it. That was it. He never asked me one question. So yeah. These things are cheated on. I've got a copy of the tests for my department with most of the correct answers. It's against the code of ethics, and I could get fired for it, but I've got it. So don't think just because you see that these people know EVERYTHING. We don't. The classes are on a computer. There is no way they can prepare you for every question a customer can ask. So just because you see that orange apron does not mean we know everything. Rant will conclude in three..two..one.

Last night I heard from an good partner of mine. He's been busy for a while, and I understand that. He had some time, and he wrote a post. I was happy to get it. So here's hoping Tyr will be returning soon. When he does, that will four more rps added back. I do love rping here at BMR. Well I'm trying to get as caught up as I can before work. I still have one more thread, my dear, sweet Alvis. Ladies, he's a talent and pleasure to work with. Then I have two in PM. The Sweet Revenge with Deruckus and The White Room with Corybanic. I have three in email. Starting Over From Scratch with BennyQ, Willow's Work with DonVoltonus, and Parental Guidance with Tyr. So glad I can add that one in there. lol. Tyr will always hold a special place for me. He was my third partner that I ever attained here at BMR. He answered my cold call to him, and he took a chance on me. For that, I am grateful.

So have a good day Bluemoon.

Back
Top Bottom