Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fixers 2.0 (Broom and I)

"Worse," Luce muttered. "Much worse...don't worry about it, my gain was his loss," she shrugged, rinsing her hair. "Just so happens he made something a little too nice, get my drift?"

"..Yeah." No, no he didn't. What was she implying there? Well, he'd do what she ask and wouldn't worry about it. Even though he really did wonder what she meant by that. Then again..he was curious about what was worse than an ex boyfriend...Who else would buy her such a wonderful body?

Luce snickered a little at that, rubbing his hair. "I'll tell you when you're older," she said dryly. The look on his face was as blank as a marble wall. Maybe ignorance was bliss, it would have been for her.

"Please don't treat me like a kid after you butchered a bunch of guys in my apartment. If I'm old enough to see that and not have nightmares, I'm old enough to hear your story." Cyrus muttered, his eyes half lidded in minor annoyance. He wasn't a child...but it had been a long time since anyone had really treated him like that.

"Ooh, touchy," Luce purred. "Fine, kid. I was a meat puppet for a rich fucker named Carmello, know what a meat puppet is?"

He couldn't say he did..he had come across the term a few times, but he thought it was just a derogatory term for women. "No...What does that mean?"

"It means that a person is bought, generally legally...with the express intent of being property," she murmured. "That means, kid...that you become a toy that can be broken, and fixed if they so desire. Now...imagine what a rich idiot would do with a pretty young girl that he could just put back together again, hm? Think about it."

It took him a bit...but he had probably been avoiding the conclusion because it was..pretty messed up. "Oh.." He began as he looked away from her. She was talking about it pretty casually, but it seemed like a painful subject. Stupid him should have just dropped it. "You..killed him, right?" Someone like that deserved death.

"Painfully, slowly..." Luce purred in thought. "One little moment at a time..." It was heaven, nothing less and nothing more. The first time she really felt like a human being began with his bitch wailing and crying.

"Good. He deserved just as much pain as he put you through...If not more." He may not have liked killing people, but he did enjoy hearing the bad ones getting what they deserved.

"Yeah?" Luce chuckled. "You shouldn't think that, kid. World's a fucked up enough place without you saying shit like that."

"I have been around enough scum to hate them just like you do, Luce. I just never act on it...I can't. I'm not strong enough." Cyrus said with a bit a smirk. He had been abused most of his life, it had been a wonder he didn't get picked up like a stray cat and sold to some slavery ring. Guess he was just lucky.

"A crazy cyborg asian told me that strength is not in the muscle, but in the mind," Luce mused, hand on his head. "I think I can sharpen that edge for you," she purred. "You're doing pretty well so far."

"Crazy..Asian..cyborg?" Well, Fixers were interesting people..so more than likely she knew different types. Cyrus reached over and shut off the shower. The water was going cold, and he was exhausted. "I don't know how much I'd trust a cyborg on matters of the definition of strength. Aren't cyborgs crazy strong?"

"She is, anyway," Luce mused. "But I'm not strong because of anything natural either, so why place a benchmark?" she shrugged. "I mean, shit...whose actually normally strong anymore? And why aren't those people actually investing in something better?"

"Huh.." He wasn't imagining anything pretty when he imagined a female "Crazy Asian Cyborg". He stepped out of the shower and then looked for a towel. "Well...I don't know. I guess if I really wanted to, and had the tools, I could make things or people strong. I used to fiddle around with homeless people's cyber ware a lot when I was younger. It's pretty simple stuff."

"Could make a lot of money doin that, you know," Luce mused. "I know a lot of people who could appreciate that, too."

"I know. I just never had the means..or my own tools. Before I became an orphan, I spent a lot of time with father. I watched him work with cyberware, androids....He was a really famous inventor. If I told you his name you wouldn't believe me. But...he and my entire family were slaughtered. I had to change my name and hide for a long time. I'm still looking over my shoulder sometimes...That was six years ago."

Why was he being so talkative now? Maybe he was just tired...

"I wouldn't worry about it," Luce murmured, moving over to dress into a tanktop that had probably been in the closet too long and a pair of panties that just happened to fit. Ugh, she didn't want to think about it...but they smelled fresh, if straight out of a package. "Chances are, you'd have been dead a long time ago if they wanted you, kid. You were just lucky enough to get out of the way."

"I know. But...it makes it hard to sleep at night knowing that I could have a family some day..and then it can all end just because I got under the wrong persons skin. In a world where killers for hire is a common thing, no one is safe...I don't want to be rich and famous, it would just make me a target..." If he wanted to, he could have made use of his talents. He was just too scared.

He went over to where his clothes were and pulled on a pair of sweatpants.

"...Get in line," Luce muttered, rather bitterly at that. "Not everyone gets the hopes and dreams out how they want, Cyrus. So stop holding onto that hope and learn to survive, or you'll just end up dead." Yeah, once...Luce wanted that. But she wasn't much of a daughter to anyone, she didn't even know who her parents were...and even if they were still around, who cared? They obviously fucking didn't.

"It's wrong to hope to be invisible?" He muttered, eyes narrowing a fraction as he tightened his pants and walked over to the bed. He yawned a little, too tired to argue really. "Guess you're right. My life's been shitty so far...but then I met you, and it's a little less shitty now. So I think I can hope a little bit..for a change. For things to get..less shitty at least." He mumbled as he sat on the bed.

"I'm the reason it's not as shitty?" Luce snorted, sitting next to him. "Funny, I'm usually the cause. Get some rest, kid. You got a lot of digging to do." Huh, guess she was okay at this socializing thing after all. Doing it without sex might be the hard part...but progress, right?

He personally thought he worked best with no sleep, but he wasn't going to argue. He couldn't, because the minute he closed his eyes he was out like a light. It had been a while since he had this much excitement.

Back
Top Bottom