Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Kvvy's Gallery of Just Stuff

Kveria

Planetoid
Welcome to Kvvy's Gallery
All Critique and Comments Appreciated

So, I've been into art for as long as I can remember; drawing unicorns and princesses and all sorts of childhood fantasy stuff, and it had always been kind of anime-y just because I was obsessed with Pokemon (like who wasn't?), and this is something that carried on up to my late elementary school years when I was into LOTR and POTC, and started drawing my own OCs for fanfics even before I knew what those things were. Then, magically in the seventh grade, I discovered InuYasha, Naruto, and Bleach, and then I discovered that you could RP fandoms like that, and my art began to explode in the traditional pencil-paper style.

Then, just two years ago, I bought my Wacom Bamboo tablet and discovered digital art. Previous to that I had been a hobbyist photographer on DeviantArt, whereas now I'm primarily a hobbyist artist; every now and then you'll find me on the ass end of the camera and posting some pics, but that rarely ever happens these days.

So, here are some of my favourite of my works, plus I'll continuously update whenever something I think is brilliant just pops out.

I also want to put out there that I make signatures and character banners; they're nothing fancy, but if you want an example just see mine at the bottom of this post. That's the first one I've done in a little while, and I'm open for doing any number of these at any time. Just let me know the character, or if it's an OC give me a picture, colour scheme, quote if you want one, and I'll make them up for you. I do repeat, they are nothing fancy. They take me about fifteen to twenty minutes each. I also will sketch your OCs or possibly a couple if I feel the inspiration for it, but I'll only do it from a picture unless you give immense amounts of detailed description.

My fortes I feel are waist-up, modern, and hair/eyes. I'm not great at most fantasy themes, but I'm trying to branch out into those to expand myself as an artist.

And now, for what you've all been waiting for~ In ascending order, from oldest to newest. There's also WAY more where this came from, so let me know if you'd like to see more. ^ ^

xXXx

Hong Kong Chibis
25u5ch0.jpg
So this, quite simply, is from my Hetalia period.
I drew these for my boyfriend at the time who loved Hong Kong more than just about everything.
Please note the one with his arm's straight up in the air... it was upside-down when I drew it.
No idea what I was thinking, but it's good to lol at every now and again.

Flaxen Lilac Dun
2444kzc.jpg
Very inventive name, huh? I know, thanks.
This one is only relevant because later I did something amazing and I wanted to show the progression.
Basically, it's just a horse off the top of my head. His eyes are too big, his face is too angular, shoulders are too narrow for the size of his head, and his neck is too thin, along with many other things wrong such as no highlighting.
I still love it though.

Julian/Romeo
1vggi.jpg
For a long time, other than original fantasy horses, all I had to draw was fanart for RPs with my boyfriend.
So, this is Julian (the blonde, who is mine), and Romeo. I used heavy reference at this point, and for quite a while, plus I was just getting used to my tablet and learning to colour.
Colouring was a concept I hadn't quite grasped at this point, and I'm still struggling with it to a point.
The difference as I gain experience is astounding though.

Kellan and Mykael
292tr8z.jpg
These are both my ex's characters, based on Kotobuki Reiji and Mikaze Ai from Uta no Prince-sama.

Liam and Mykael
24yblew.jpg
What can I say? Mykael is a slut that gets around.
Here, he's finally with his OTP, my assassin character, Liam.
My memory of this one is that my ex was originally really disappointed that Liam didn't have a nipple and pressured me to draw one.
I still lament over that to this day.
Also, I liked gradiating backgrounds.

Cerlias Azeres Boershay
6nvam1.jpg
Definitely one of my favourites, even with the heavy ref use.
I feel like his apathetic expression is kinda sexy, and that hair though. Not too big on how his body turned out at all though.
I obviously didn't draw the background.

Piper
ohnz84.jpg
This is my first drawing with minimal reference.
I was really digging on that sketchy style at the time, and I still use that quite a bit now.

Sly Blue - Partition in the Mist
fd6gp3.jpg
My friend says to me one day, "Draw Aoba as a horse."
And I responded, "I haven't drawn a horse in a while."
He retorted, "That's because you can't do it and you're being a pussy about it."
This pissed me off. All I had to say was, "Challenge accepted."
A total of eighteen to twenty hours later, this little gem.

Crown
13zzls7.jpg
So, skip ahead to last week.
Hi, I'm Kveria... and I'm two months ref-free.
It feels good. I feel liberated and envigorated and inspired.
I still make mistakes (like wtf, his scarf is blowing but his hair is still in the same place?), but that's a part of learning so whatever.

Jolyon and Alistair
13z8pj8.jpg
And this is my most recent sketch, done two nights ago? I think, for an RP I'm doing on here.
EverUndine is the owner of the happy goggle guy, Jolyon (with whom I have fallen deeply in love; get lost Alistair, this one's mine).
Alistair is the Debbie Downer that can't even make a functional smile.
I'm planning on inking and colouring this eventually, but... well.... Yeah.

Your method of explaining the whole thing in this post is in fact pleasant, every one be capable of effortlessly be aware of it, Thanks a lot.

@JackMartin4U: Thanks! I just hold all my artwork close to my heart, and each of them has a story. I love looking at others' progression of style, too, so this is just kind of like that for myself.

I've been arting a lot while I was on hiatus, mostly as a stress reliever; but I produced some really nice works, plus updated my style a little bit. I've started using more tools on SAI and really trying to develop as an artist. I was really depressed during my length of time away, so much so that I was completely unable to write, save for a few bits and pieces, but nothing extraordinary. My art, however, helped me to get better; I was able to do a couple commissions, which made me feel better about myself, and I even tried some fanart which I'm usually terrified of. So, here's my recent work~

Hiruma Haruna
haruna_by_kveria-d8nvnhh.png
This is Haruna, my Tokyo Ghoul OC... who may also double as my DRRR!!! OC....
With her, I experimented a lot with using filters and tried a method I use for creating dappled grey horses to make a dappled shade effect, as if she were laying on the grass under a tree.
I love the soft-looking eyes and all the detail I put into her hair colour. You wouldn't believe it.

Tokyo Ghoul Horse in Akihabara
tokyo_kushu_horse_by_kveria-d8nvny5.png
From Haruna, I went back into horses a bit, so here's some barn art I did for one of my Ponybox accounts.
Admit it, this is pretty cool.

Nijiiro Hatsukoi
nijiiro_hatsukoi_for_p_i_n_k_f_l_o_y_d_pb_by_kveria-d8nvogl.jpg
And then this one, because I'm still in awe of that rainbow tail.

Yohio
yohio_by_kveria-d8n48e4.jpg
Meet Yohio~ Innit kawaii~?
I love him as a character, but I also love his design.
Plus, he marks the beginning of me branching out with my colouring and using actual skin tones for shading the skin.
Plus plus, because he's an OC for DiaLovers, I changed the style of my colouring of the eyes, just this one time.
Plus plus plus, that scarf though.

Kanato Banner
kanatobannerwtext_by_kveria-d8nvo3e.png
This is the version with text.... It has my name from another site. Details.
So, what I find specifically wonderful about this piece is that I scribbled in purple on one layer and out came Kanato Sakamaki of Diabolik Lovers. I wasn't trying, nor did I even realise until I went to save it.
Instead I did some experimenting with the marker tool and in about ten layers total, this was born.
It's shit fanart, but I'm still really happy with it. Hell, might even use it as a banner here.

Seiya
seiya_sakamaki_by_kveria-d8nvnlp.jpg
Seiya.... He came about as a female character I was trying to draw for an RP that I've been doing for the past God knows how long with an old friend. Instead of drawing that female character, I ended up with a new vampire trap who is completely blind.
For him, I was really trying to experiment with using new body positions instead of just resorting to what was comfortable for me.
I'm also finding that I enjoy using this sketched style more than a clean lined style, so I've been doing quite a bit of this type of work.
I used the marker again with a paper texture as I did in Kanato's fanart, and I probably will use it a lot until I fully figure it out and can use it to its full potential in combination with the other basic tools SAI provides.​

Back
Top Bottom