Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Demon Slayers CLOSED

Reika

Supernova
"That city is cursed..."

"There's a lot of paranormal activity there..."

"That place is haunted..."

"I swear I saw a ghost there."

"This all the people think of our city, a gateway for apparitions, demons and monsters so to speak. Spiritual energies there are high, making it easy for my kind to cross over into the earth.

About a year ago, I had escaped the underworld's barriers. I was a pretty strong son of a bitch back in my day... Six young people were standing in my way, obviously, I sent my minions to sink them to the ground. My weak minions could hardly fight on par with them, so I realized I would have to eliminate them myself.

All six of them were difficult to fight with, they had good unison, and cared for each other. I remember there being two women, and four young men. I managed to catch one of the females, and archer, with my bare hands, and although I honestly wanted to fill her with my seed for all eternity, I had a goal... and she was in my way. I snapped her neck and was forced to fight the remaining five.

I managed to kill two more of the gentlemen, but these last three were the more skilled of the party. A girl with black hair hurled her weapons at me, forcing me to evade, while airbourne, I was vulnerable to attack, and they capitalized, cutting through me like paper. My body began to dissolve to dust. They were very upset. I chanted quickly as I could, and rushed towards the female. She was defended by another warrior, and he crushed me. It was too late though, by then, my curse had worked. I rest, until I can rise again, and take what's rightfully mine. As proof of my reseliency... I have carved the skin of her head with my crest. And that is the least of their worries."

Here... and now....

"Zaku? What... what are you doing here?"

"Hey now, hey now, you've no need to give me the tough lady act. I know you missed me."

"Where is he? He's supposed to be with you, isn't he?"

"Whhaatt...? As if I'm his babysitter or something... I'm only a couple of years older than you two... don't make me responsible for what he does. Truth is... I haven't seen him..."

"I thought you would have..."

"He'll pop up." He said, leaning against the rail on the building's roof. "You, him, and I are the only ones who can keep things in line."

"Ever since we beat him down... activity's gone down so much."

"You bet it did... he was the big Mc'Daddy of them all.... too bad he left you that mark..."

Re: Demon Slayers ((MyNameIsNothing and Atzura))

Shiron knew of his friend's meeting. He had spent many hours wondering whether or not to join them after he had learned of their plan to meet up again. He missed his comrades deeply, but part of him couldn't bear to see the mark that had been left on one of them, an everlasting sign of his failure to protect them. However, he knew that he couldn't just stay hidden away forever. The activity of the demons and spirits had dropped significantly that day, but that didn't mean another wouldn't rise to take the place of the one they had defeated. The world still needed them.

And so he found himself walking up to the building where his two old friends sat and talked on the roof. He looked up at them, hidden in the shade. He felt one last desire to turn around and go, but he ignored it and leaped up onto the roof where the two were talking. He landed silently and looked at them both. "Hey guys." He said quietly, looking from one to the other.

Akina was a girl at around his age, she kept herslef in what she believed to be an ideal physical form for females. She sleeps very few hours when she does get sleep, and is usually calm, collected, and calculating. Four years ago, she had a chilling dream where a spirit spoke to her about troubles coming ahead. The spirit was in the shape of a bowl, and the dream was nonesenseical. However Akina took it to heart, as a message of what she was destined to do. Following her heart led her straight into Zaku, and later Shiron, whom she holds abivalent relationships with, but cares for them, nonetheless.

"Shiron?" Her eyes narrowed as a few lights on the roof turned on. "It's nice to see you."

Zaku was inspired in a completely different way from Akina's. He had no dream, he lived through a nightmare. Once married, young martial arts instructor Zaku Kidomaru returned home after a day at the dojo. He had been noticing a strange feeling in his body, and physical work was becoming a thing of ease. Zaku entered his small home along the city side, and what he saw haunts him today. He entered his home just in time to watch his wife swallowed by a large toad-like monster. It was swallowing her feet first, so he managed to see her face before the toad swallowed her. He watched her kick and heard her screaming for him, but could not move. Instead, he turned tails and ran like he had never run before. After many years of paranoia, fear, and cowardice, Zaku returned to his old home, but all traces of everything, was gone. He prayed to his wife and continued to hear a violent ringing in his ears. It sounded like her, it kept saying six. Months later, he met Akina, and a bit after that, the other four who had been entangled in an affair much larger than human standards can comprehend. Himself, two of the now deceased slayers, Marc and Anasta, along with Shiron, cut down the demon who swallowed his wife, just before their final bout. Zaku still believes he saw his wife rising up after the toad demon was cut down.

"Well, well... welcome to the party my boy. Here I thought I had Akina all to myself for the night."

Traumatic past, pain of loss, deep inside a nice guy... shit. It didn't stop him from pushing everyone's buttons.

Shiron smiled at Akina, "Its good to see you too Akina." He said, his smile slipping a bit when Zaku spoke. "Guess you are just out of luck tonight." He said, shifting the large sword on his back as he sat down. He had been the swordsman of the group, and a damn good one at that.

Shiron had first met Akina and Zaku when it had just been the two of them traveling. He had always been a hot-head, eager to test himself and seemingly always picking fights with Zaku, and later the other members of their group. He had always been kind to Akina, however, and had always felt a connection with her. He had always tried to be there to help her and make sure she was safe. Due to this, it was al the more traumatic when Akina was cursed. He had reacted too slowly to stop their adversary from completing the incantation. Because of that, he felt like he had failed at the one thing he thought most important.

"So, what have the two of you been doing this whole time?" he asked.

Zaku smirked and turned away, "I guess I'm not lucky tonight."

Akina gave what she could afford of a smile, she was never much of an ear to ear smiling person, but she did reply. "Zaku and I just met up too. I was overlooking a little corner of the world... our city. The single most haunted location in our entire country... likely our world too... I'm happy to see both of you... and happy to see you've got your weapons sharp and ready."

Zaku sucked his teeth. "Trouble is that you've got such a sweet ass, all these rapist demons are dying to crawl in it..."

Akina sighed, Zaku ruined her moment. "Maybe it's yours they want... not mine."

"Hey... I'm not the one with the big burnmark on my forehead. I'm going to take a look around, maybe drop by my house to see how it's been."

Akina didn't answer him, what he just said was mean in her opinion.

Shiron turned his attention back to Akina as she spoke. It seemed she had been diligent over the time they had separated. I t made him feel glad when she said how happy she was to see him. He shifted the sword slightly as she mentioned them bringing their weapons with them. HIs sword was born to slay demons, forged by one of the greatest smiths mankind has ever known, it had been consecrated and blessed by the Holy Order, helping him carve through demons with the greatest of ease.

He glared at Zaku at his comment, then bristled when he mentioned her mark. He opened his mouth to give him an earful, but he was already dropping from the rooftop to the street below. Shiron crossed his arms irritably. "Ass..." he muttered "... he didn't have to go and say something like that." He glanced over at Akina, hoping what Zaku had said hadn't upset her.

"Zaku's... Zaku. We're not going to change him. I'm glad things didn't get awkward between us. That's the most important thing." She turned towards him. "I'm... I'm really glad you came. I had a feeling that... you and Zaku would show up. And it's never failed us before. Our bonds go beyond that of companions and comrades." She hesitated to move closer towards him, then thought better of the fact and decided to keep to herself. "I don't like Zaku talking about my cursemark. So far, nothing bad's happened to me. Sure, the Storm (local baseball team) had the worst season in ten years, that's still not bad luck in my book. As a matter of fact... on the train, and in public places... sometimes boys hit on me and like that mark." She said with a chuckle.

He nodded. She was right on that much, Zaku had always been rough around the edges... well maybe more than just the edges, but he was reliable and was willing to watch their back when they needed him too. He looked over at her as she spoke. For a moment he thought she was goin gto move a little closer, but was disappointed when she remained where she was. He didn't like Zaku bringing it up much either. His face grew warm when she mentioned guys hitting on her, a twinge of jealousy shooting through his gut. "I dunno if I would call that good luck." he said, trying not to let his jealousy become obvious.

She chuckled lightly, "Yeah. Maybe you're right." She finally took several steps towards him as it began to rain lightly over their city, the city of Ramino. Akina, finally feeling just a bit awkward, brought her arms around him to hug him. "I missed you." She said wanting to bring about more intimate actions, but it had been some time since they saw each other, she was unaware of his status or of his interests, they were complicated. And assumed certain positions at times, causing more confusion. They had only been paired in bed two times, and both times were during their hardship of fighting against evil.

He looked out at the cloudy sky, remembering all the times he had looked out over this city. He didn't give any attention to the rain, he had grown used to being in wet clothes, after working as a demon slayer for so long. He looked over as he felt her arms wrap around him, and all his old feelings for her came back in a rush. He put his arms around her and hugged her back. "I missed you too." he said softly before planting a kiss on the top of her head. He had always had strong feelings for Akina, and they had been returned in the past, though sometimes it seemed like it was more true than others. He didn't think about the times they had slept together, not wanting to deal with the embarrassment of getting aroused at all. "I thought about you all the time while I was away."

She closed her eyes when his lips touched her head, "I thought about you a lot too. And don't tell him, but Zaku hadn't entered my mind until recently. I figured he'd re-marry, or something..." She put her head against his shoulder. "We're going to have to find something to do, or find the next most haunted place to live there... Ramino seems... purified almost. Like, there aren't any apparitions here anymo-" A sudden and familiar heavy push came from the air, as if something was dropping on them.

"I suppose I spoke to soon?" The roof under them began to crack open, but it didn't lead into the building below, it led into the underworld, where all their dark little friend's liked to come from. Akina forced herself out of Shiron's embrace, "Do you still have it?" She said, moving her right palm in a sort of circular wave, a sphere the size of a baseball forming in her hand, it glowed a radiant violet, these blasts would usually get the job done when demons emerged, she still had plenty on them it seemed.

About a dozen creatures began to crawl out, roaring and groaning, their lack of speech showed their attack and their intelligence. Usually, those who speak are smarter, those who speak human languages are even more intelligent. However, those who don't speak, are naturally more brutish, and stronger.

He nodded. He knew they had to find someplace else where their skills were needed. He was about to speak when that familiar pressure hit them. He sighed and released Akina. It figured that something like this would happen now, right when they were catching up. Now he was pissed, and the demons below were about to learn the dangers of doing that.

He pulled the oversized sword from his back. "Of course." he said, his eyes growing cold as he stared at the hellspawn emerging below them. He counted a round 12 of the ugly beasts, hardly worth the trouble they were causing him. "At least this will be over quick." He tightened his grip on the blade and jumped down, knocking one of the demons onto its back as he landed on top of it, then ramming the blade into its startled face.

He pulled it out of the mangled skull before turning to look at the temporarily surprised demons. "Let's get this over with Akina, we still haven't finished our conversation."

The hellspawn, being of all shapes and colors and sizes, groaned out to him as they attempted to attack them. Several jumped out and roared at Akina, who thrusted her hand forward, sending the projectile towards the creature's chest, dissolving it to nothingness. Another jumped behind her and tried to punch his way through her. She swooped her hand over her face as a protective violet energy bounced the fist back before the small wave of energy scattered and drove sharp violet shards into the creature's body, killing it in moments.

Shiron leaped forward and brought his sword around, slicing another demon in two before spinning and slamming it into the gut of of a third. One of them tried to attack him and got Shiron's boot in his face, getting knocked back into a couple of his fellows. He yanked his sword free of the corpse and muttered a short incantation before touching his blade, causing it to be enveloped in blue flames.

"I've had enough of this." Akina said, hurling a projectile towards a demon, turning and blasting another, jumping up and grabbing a third, pushing it against the rooftop and lighting it up into dust. There was only a few left, and seeing Shiron activate his own augmentations, it was clear that it would soon be over.

Shiron raised the flaming blade over his head and shoved it into the ground till about half the blade was buried. The remaining demons looked at him for a moment, confused looks on all their faces. Their hesitation cost them dearly, as a pillar of blue flames engulfed each of them, reducing them to charred heaps. Shiron pulled out his sword and swung it to the side,shaking off the blood and causing the flames to vanish. "Glad that's over with." He muttered before returning the sword to his back.

Akina closed her eyes as her body eased once more. "Bizzare. They hadn't shown up in some time. We get together, and there they are. You think they went after Zaku too?" She said, taking a few steps towards him. She reached up for her forhead and stumbled forward, losing her balance and wobbling towards the edge of the roof.

He shook his head, just as puzzled by this as she was. Perhaps they had been waiting for a chance to get the three of them out of the way for good. though it seemed they had forgotten how strong the three of them were. "I don't know, I wouldn't be surprised by it." He looked back up at Akina and his heart jumped when he saw her teetering on the edge of the broken roof. "Akina!" he called and leaped up to catch her and put her back on her feet on the roof.

Her hand remained on her head, she barely heard him yell, and she would have easily tottered off the roof and to her death, or severe injury, without notice. "It hurts everytime I use my abilities. I'm sorry, I lose track of everything when this mark burns..." She slowly started to collect herself, her voice became more solid and her words became quicker as she slowly removed her hand from her forehead. "Those were weak hellspawn. We've fought much tougher..." She looked away a moment, still for the most part in Shiron's arms. "It's going to kill me. I feel it. But until it does, I'm going to fight them, with Zaku and yourself as my only friends."

He looked down at her, concern in his eyes. He felt the remnants of that regret he had felt when he first failed to protect her start to rise up into him again. "You don't have to apologize, its not your fault." It's mine he thought bitterly. He looked as when she moved her, the cruel scar seeming to taunt him, to mock his very existence. He stiffened slightly when she said the mark was killing her. "I won't let that happen." A new fire was burning in his eyes now, determination filling him as it had long ago when he had first started on this venture with his companions. "Akina, I swear I am going to do everything I can to remove this curse from you. The three of us will drive back these demons for good, and we will all come back home together, then you and I-" He stopped, blushing slightly.

Akina closed her eyes, "This is never going to end, Shiron. We will fight what we can, and hope the next generation after us stays on par with the hellspawn. We are here to protect this city, protect our world... and protect each other too. We've failed three of our companions... Let's not fail anymore." She seemed exhausted and leaned her head against his shoulder, her forehead was hot.

He listened to her, knowing it to be sad, but true. "We just have to do what we can, and hope it will be enough." He said, hugging her closely as she leaned on him. His hand brushed her forehead and felt how hot it was. "Akina, it feels like you have a fever, are you feeling alright?" He asked, growing concerned. It felt hottest around her curse-mark, which made him even more worried.

She kept her eyes closed. "I am fine... I always feel drained after using my abilities since getting this mark. Maybe we should get out of the rain." Her breath was very warm, and her head was blazing. "It's not a fever... I know that much. I think I just need to get inside. Do you want to stay a while? My place is not far from here, if you remember. I live alone now."

He picked her up, wanting to make sure she conserved her strength for the time being. "Alright, I'll take you to your place, you can rest there." He held her tightly as he started running across the rooftops towards her home. A short moment later he was walking through her front door, both of them dripping wet. "Come on, you need to get out of those wet clothes." He took her back to her bedroom, and set her down on a wooden chair in the corner.

"You're faster than I remember you being I think. I felt you stronger too." She closed her eyes and smiled, slowly standing up and walking towards her bathroom. She lived in a small, quiet town house, someone lived above her, and someone lived next to her. Before, it was all owned by her parents, who she begged to leave after their friends were killed. She reached inside and tossed him a dried black towel, grabbing one of herself before walking out. "Please, you've been here before. Sit down..."

Back
Top Bottom