Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

DELETE

Blood dripped from her wrist as the fangs penetrated the flesh, she whimpered but was used to this. The liquid was sucked from her as her vission started to blurr. She had lost track of time as the world around her started spinning. Three months? Three days? 2 years? How long had she been under this treatment. Her body couldn't tell but if someone saw her they would say easily over a few months. Her body was weakened by the blood loss, constantly being fed on, she wouldn't last much longer. The chains went back around her wrists as they took her back to the cage, reducing her to an animal, even lower than that some times. A cow for slaughter, butcher, food. She was nothing to them but a food source. This would be the last time they would drink from her, she could feel her body draining it's last resources before the chains went slack and her body drifted into a state of permanent unconsciousness. Her heart stopped and the vampire that had just fed on her growled territorially. He knew there was no stopping it, so he left her body there and returned to the coven chambers. "My lord, the blood bank has died. She was unable to take the constant feeding."
The vampire lord stroked his hand down his velveteen garb and glared at him. "Then make him go out and find another."
"Right M'Lord..." The younger vampire said, walking off to find the one that they dubbed "Banker." He was an older vampire, in years not looks. The man was responsible for finding them new blood every 5 months, unfortunately this time it would be 3 months as the girl was weak before they found her. They had a few bankers, this one was new to the job as the previous had been slaughtered by a hunter. The vampire walked in and spoke to the man, keeping his eyes low. He knew the current banker happened to be the vampire prince. The lords son. He dare not speak ill of him. Once he let him know what had to be done, he left without another word, enjoying his head where it was.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Sarence had been born into a family of Hunters, the mother and father had allowed the pup to stay around as Sarences mother had died giving birth to her. They didn't know at the time that Sarence was a lot more than met the eye, thinking she was just another wolf pup. She let them think this, going about her day with Helen the daughter of the hunters. Helen was quite close to Sarence, and Sarence protected her. It was their job - as werewolves to protect the last surviving humans. The land had been masacred by vampires and as such - the werewolves were the only thing standing in the way of an extinct human population. Werewolves got along with humans, never hunting them, never being hunted by them. Very few humans knew about the wolves "secrets" and the ones that did had a society of people called the Wolfwalkers. This society held humans and werewolves alike, but had all but been destroyed when the world fell into shambles. Back about 50 years ago there had been a spike in deaths, and a rise in the vampire population. The Lord had used this spike to kill out and capture almost the entire population of humans and werewolves. Some of the werewolves were used as blood-banks as well, because they were half human and had some redeemable blood qualities. Others were tortured and made to drink wolvesbane, Sarence's mother had been one of these, affecting Sarence, by allowing her the resistance to the powerful poison. If injested, it would only make her sick, it wouldn't kill her. Because she had been exposed in the womb, her mothers body took most of it and only allowed her a small does which allowed her to build the tolerance quite quickly. Her mother had escaped and found her way back here, giving Sarence to a family that would care for her, and one day that Sarence herself could protect.

A girl and her Dog, that is all the two really were. Best friends. Sarence would do whatever it would take to protect the girl, staying by her side almost always. Tonight though... Was a coincidence that she never thought would happen. Sarence was taken out by Helens mother, a hunting job. Sarence was a hunting dog when it came to the family, and was happy to go. They left the girl home alone, with the instructions not to invite anyone in the house, not to leave the house, and to keep her knife around her at all times.

Helen sat on the floor in front of the fireplace playing with her knife, she had never hunted anything before, so she wouldn't really know what to do if something came after her. The only humans that were left were hunters and the children of them. The rest of them were packaged like sardines in the vampires castle, fed on daily. Each coven had their own blood-bank, as well as their own bankers. The humans knew of this and protected themselves any way they could. Helen ran her fingers through her thick red hair and nibbled at the tip of her blade, waiting for her family to return. Suddenly, she heard a sound outside and looked back. She leaned forward to blow the candle out - a bad move since vampires could see in the dark and she could not. She was an amateur, and not really sure how it all worked. She walked over to the door and opened it, looking out. "H...Hello?" She asked, swallowing softly. Her heart was beating at a thousand beats a minute, as the fear boiled up into her throat. "W...Who's there..." She said softly, as if a vampire was human. She didn't even know if it was a vampire, but what she didn't know is vampires didn't need to be invited in. They just needed the door to be open. They wouldn't be able to enter if the door was shut because the door was made of mahogany. Something that vampires couldn't touch. This was the reason that their coffins - if they used them, most vampires used beds or never slept - were made out of oak. Mahogany was poison to vampires, sucking out any life they had left in their bodies.

She left the door open for too long, allowing whatever was outside to get in. Slowly she shut the door and rubbed her face slowly. "It's nothing..." She said. "Just the wind..." It was rather stormy out tonight, the snow was blanketing the ground outside their bunker. She locked the door and went back over to sit by the fire, unaware that she was in danger.

RE: Blood Bank - Me and Sinister.

Being a demon of the shadows wasn't exactly something I'd dreamed about as a boy. Growing up to be something great and amazing however, was. I guess in some ways I have indeed fulfilled that dream, except in a more... sadistic way. I'd always wanted to be a great war hero, a leader, someone with fame and reputation to my name, someone like Winston Churchill. Looking back now, that was a hundred years too far in the past to even attempt to revive. It turns out I just ended up getting sick in a period of time where medicine was far from modernized, and it was common-place for people to die from a thing as simple as the common cold. There I was, about to sign my life away to fight for a greater cause against the crazed and power-thirsty German revolutionaries, and instead I ended up in a hospital bed waiting for a death that would never come.

I never asked to become what I am, nor did I ever conceive it realistically possible, but I cannot deny that there is a certain... affinity to this "new" life that I have attained. After all, I have been promised leadership, reputation, fame; all of the things I always imagined, if not a little skewed from the way I originally pictured it. Still, I never quite pictured my glory being so... dwindling.

A scowl had been permanently etched onto his face from the very moment he had been interrupted in his writings, to the moment he was stalking about in the bitter cold winter storm, and even in the present moment as he stood silently and stiffly in a darkened corner of the room the girl had taken up presence in. It had taken hours of hunting to find this place, and merely a few minutes to get inside. That was all the easy work, the basic steps to collecting; the hard part was always what came after getting inside, the process of actually capturing the victim and making off with them alive, well, and in one piece- on both counts. He was prepared for the most difficult of takings, but the longer he stood there and watched, the longer he examined this young girl, the more evident it became that perhaps she wasn't going to be so difficult after all.

The knife she idly played with would be easy enough to disarm, even more so given the fact that it was dark in the house. By appearance, she was young, and by her actions alone it was easy to tell that she was also very naive. It almost made him disappointed to take her, as there was never any fun in taking a naive and gullible bank back. Looks could be deceiving though, and he sincerely hoped that that was true in this case as he slowly stepped away from the shadows, edging closer to the girl and allowing his form to cascade in the dimmest light. "Hello." His voice was smooth, deep, and deceivingly gentle. White teeth flashed for a moment in the briefest of smiles as he stared down at the girl with eyes so dark they may very well have been black. For the moment, he kept his arms relaxed at his sides, shoulders slack. "Before you can say 'who are you' in a terrified tone and start to panic," he spoke slowly, calmly, and each word left his lips with careful pronunciation. "My name is Michael, and I am not here to kill you. In fact, I am here for you."

He edged a step in her direction, allowing himself to be slightly more revealed in the dim light. It was clear that he was wearing black pants, nice ones at that, and a tucked black button down, collared shirt. He'd neglected to wear a belt but his pants were held around his hips perfectly. Slowly, cautiously, he reached out his hand to girl, showing light complexion. "What is your name?"

She looked at the knife in her hand and caught a switft glimpse of something in the shadows. Her eyes darted around, she felt foolish for blowing out the light, now that she thought of it she couldn't see either. "H...hello?" She asked, backing up against the couch. The moonlight only illuminated so much of the room. She was young, just barely turned 18 and still quite unaware of these creatures. She could see something coming towards her, and saw white teeth that were easily picked up by the moonlight. She swallowed and attempted to move back away from it, putting the knife in front of her. He started to speak, or at least what she assumed to be male. The man spoke in a very soft, but deep voice, telling her not to panic. She looked at him and tried to pick up his figure, the fire did help light some of the room, but due to the sheild over it concealed most of the light within. She slowly crawled away from him close to the fire and pulled back the sheild. Her eyes widened. A vampire. She could tell because his skin was pale and he had fangs. He was also way too perfect to be human. She looked at his hand and backed away. She knew not to trust these creatures, but didn't know how to deal with them.

"P-...Please..." she stammered, stepping back. She wasn't watching where she was going and tripped over something, falling down. She caught herself but the knife that she had been holding cut her. She let out a soft gasp and held her now bleeding side where the knife had stabbed her. It wasn't extremely deep, but deep enough to hurt. She whimpered knowing blood was the worst thing she could show a vampire. She continued to try and step back, scooting away from him and holding her side where the blood seeped through her fingers. It was dumb to stumble with an unsheathed knife, even more dumb to leave the door wide open. Her eyes looked up at him, scared for her life. the mans words, that she now knew as Micheal, were "I am here for you." This is what made her panic and those words were what made her run. She shook slightly the closer he got to her, holding that wound and wishing her family and her puppy Midnight would come home to her.

The way she had reacted to him was easily expected, though at the same time it was relatively pitiful. The girl was just about as useful as a disaster in and of itself and herself, to a point that it was near etntertaining. He had to restrain himself from bubbling with laughter. In the dim light it was still clear enough to see just how timid, nerve-wracked, scared, ignorant this girl was, and yet there was something else too. A particularly odd and new cuteness, an attraction of.sorts perhaps. That young face, the innocence and purity and naivete that seerped from her form like a tangible material. He smirked.

And then she stumbled, tripped really from where he wass tanding, and all that drew him further and further in magnified exponentially. The sweet tangy metallic smell.of crimson colored liquid iron and oxygen and nutriemts flooded his nostrils, intoxicating his every fiber of half-life with a new limit not offen reached. A deep breath filled his lungs through his nose, audibly so by the soft hiss of the air passing through his nostrils, and he moved towards her quickly. Stoppimg just inches in front of her, he leaned down so that his face was nearly pressed to hers, giving her nowhere else to look except into his eyes lest she blink, and his hands moved to gently.cup her cheeks. "Such innocence..." he murmured quietly, distractedly. "Such perfection... such... desire.

I've read this about 80 times... and I can't think of a good enough response, but here is what I have come up with o-O )

She had fallen and hurt herself, and the man seemed to be enticed by her scent, of the blood, and possibly aroused by her pain. She swallowed and tried to move back but the cut was quite painful, even if it wasn't too awful deep, it still hurt. She was shaking as he leaned forward and put his hands up onto her face. "L-Leave me alone... please..." She said, pushing away from his hands and attempting to stand and limp her way to the door. She fussed with the door for a moment before getting it to open and fleeing outside, it wasn't hard for the vampire to follow her, but she didn't know that. The poor girl was barely accustomed to knowing what a vampire was, let alone the thing it fed on!

Back
Top Bottom