Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Highfalutin birthday-party (Fadereaper & CaptiveAngel)

CaptiveAngel

Planetoid
Clamorous room filled with creatures of the night and day. Different creatures, all but human. More than one can shake a stick at were filling the room that had all it's light from candles in the chandeliers hanging from the roof and walls. The orchestra played beautiful music, and people were dancing gracefully on the dance floor.
White haired girl with sky blue eyes looked at the people behind a curtain. It was her birthday, and she didn't know most of the people. Yet everyone knew who she was.
Another white haired person approached Felicia behind her, making her cat ears jump sharply on top of her head.
The soft male voice said; "You should go greet your guests, dear sister.." He smiled as Felicia jumped forward. It was her big brother, who was fully dressed in a royal outfit. If only she could look as proper as he does.
She sighted, and nodded. "Yeah... i guess i should huh?" Big balls like these always made Felicia feel out of place. With her brother walking next to her, she lifted the tail of her dress and walked down the small stairs. She was not used to wearing a corset. Her tail was twitching and she had a frown on her face.
"Are there any other shapeshifters here, brother?" Felicia mumbled and looked up to see his face. Her brother smiled widely, and nod, making her smile too.
"Yess! Well in that case i might enjoy this! I rarely meet any others like us!"
Felicia then proceeded to meet and greet her guests as they came to her, like the polite royal she was supposed to be.
Her brother being like a fish in the water.

A tall man in a white tux was mingling his way through a shapeshifter party. It was the princess’s birthday. Amos was carefully judging the orchestra with a drink in his hand. His blonde hair was left open, rebelliously even, cascading on his shoulders all the way down to the waist. The disowned elven prince.

The room was glistening with the chandeliers, the velvet curtains, and mountains of bubbling champagne. Amos had yet to catch a glimpse of the royal family, since he wasn’t exactly invited, but there were so many people there that no-one would hardly notice. Even though he was half human, Amos had inherited the graceful movements and manners of the elven kind. He had the pale and unusual elf eyes too.

On the other side of the room, he could see the beautiful princess was greeting her guests. Amos thought it would be most polite to go over. He approached the princess, took her hand and kissed the palm slightly. He looked her straight in the eyes and introduced himself.
”Amos of the moon elf realm. Happy birthday, your highness.”

Felicia had just said her goodbyes to a king from some weird half goat half human thing she didn't know nothing about when an elegant elf came to introduce himself. His lips felt soft on her hand as they softly touched her sensitive skin. She felt shivers down her back and blushed a little.
"Pleasure, Amos, i am Felicia, Kingdom Of Agrardoviels princess. Thank you, are you having fun at the party?"
Felicia looked at the mans eyes curiosity filling her every soul. Who was this elf? He didn't smell like the other pure-blooded she had met in her life. He had another familiar scent on him... like a human? How could that be? Felicia turned onto her brother, asking if it would be ok for her to slip away from the greetings for now. He simply nod his head.
"Care to go for a dance with me, Amos from moon realm?"
Felicia smiled her cutest little smile, and already took a few steps towards the dance floor.

”Yes, thank you, splendid party. I love the orchestra.” Amos said. ”I’d be happy to.”
He took her hand in his, and led them on the dance floor. The waltz was just about to start and Amos confidently took the lead. He placed his other hand carefully on the princess’s waist. She was so tiny.

As they were spinning around in the midst of waltz, he asked her, ”are all of your parties this grand? You lead such a glamorous life here, princess.”
Amos was thinking of the kind of life he should have had. He spun her around with her hand toward the ceiling, so that her dress could be done justice. The walls was in full bloom. All the eyes in the room were on them. Amos was wondering if the princess could smell his secret human side. He was a bit worried if there were other elven folk in the party. That wouldn’t be a good thing.

The whole floor was looking at them dancing. Well, obviously since she was the birthday girl. It made Felicia feel even more uncomfortable. But after a few twirls in the knowing hands of Amos, she lightened up and relaxed. He was an extraordinary dancer, leading her on the floor effortlessly.
"Yes, all our parties are this huge because we are royalty. You should have seen it when my big brother turned 18! That was something.."
Felicia's laughter echoed in the walls. She was really enjoying this dance. Most of the guests couldn't help the smile spreading on their faces when Felicia laughed. It was quite rare for people who weren't close to her to hear it. Mostly because she avoided all these royal parties the best she could.
"I hate this life, i am going to go to the humans world soon." She talked softly hoping only Amos would hear what she just confessed.
Her family didn't yet know of this, and she preferred to keep it that way. Easiest way to get their approval was to not get it.
"And just call me Felicia, please."
The only thing good about being a princess was all the money and respect you got from others. Oh, and pretty clothes. Like the dress that was just a bit over the knee she was wearing.
It was white with navy blue and golden details. And of course their family symbol that looked like a bit like a flower. Her corset was completely white apart from the small golden hooks on the backside. Her short hair was free, but she had cute navy blue bows on both side of her head just under her ears.
The song ended, and Felicia gave a small nod and curtsey, and everyone gave applauds. She then proceeded to guide Amos towards the table where she would cut her cake soon.
"So tell me, Amos, do you want to go with me?" She could speak in normal voice again, since no-one could tell what the context was.
Her eyes sparkled as she waited for an answer.
Someone came over to give her a beautiful cake server. A servant, who just gave a bow and walked away humbly.

Back
Top Bottom