Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

love at 1st sight (Myself, raizu kagurai)

Phoenix Rising

Supernova
Keira Black had spent her entire life on a reservation in Phoenix, she spent a lot of time with her two best friends. She had never expected her two best friends to hit it off the way they did with each other, after they were young adults they got married, decided to start a family. Well strange things had started happening around town, there was a legend that said when the cold ones came around years ago a decent of each family went through a transformation. Now the same things were happening, pretty much every decent of each family had gone through the transformation including Keira. But the strangest thing was when her best friend's son was born she took one look at him, was literally in love. She couldn't take her eyes off of him, swore she would protect him.

That had been ten or so years ago, Keira hadn't really aged physically since her transformation. She was possible in her early 20's but actually looked like she was seventeen or eighteen years old, she was still madly in love with him nothing had changed. She made sure no harm came to him, if he was ever in danger she would rip whoever wanted to hurt him to shreds risking her own life. Her hair was still long because she always wore it in a braid, she always wore the same outfit because it was easier when she transformed.​

Michael had always known he had some sort of guardian angel somewhere around him. Whenever someone upset or hurt him, they always either wound up injured dead or simply humiliated. Eventually in high school most people opted to a void him, or at the very least not hurt him in any way for fear of what may happen. and by graduation he was ready to head out onto his own. He was ready to move on and do something with his life. He simply had no idea what to do.

But for now he was just relaxing and taking everyday one step at a time, waiting till he could figure out what he could do. the man had a small clue, but until then he was working at a supermarket, using it to make ends meet and have a home of his own. He hated living with his parents, while he loved them the man wanted to be on his own in the world.

Keira had been told to run to the supermarket, she did what she had been asked. As she walked inside people stared at her, she just rolled her eyes ignoring them. She grabbed the stuff she was told to get, walked up to his counter with a smile on her face. Everyone judged her, she didn't really care she knew she was different. Setting the stuff on the counter she took out her wallet, waited for the total before she took out the money. '' Long day? '' The dark haired girl asked as she sensed his emotions, knew when he wasn't having a very good day it was part of the fact she had imprinted on him.

He sighed a bit as the woman spoke to him, Michael giving her a bit of a nod as he rang up the items she set on the belt. Though he waited until he finished to answer properly."Yeah..Working here really sucks...But it pays the bills until I can figure out what I'm going to do with my life.."He assured her, giving the woman a smile before he bagged her items and informed her of the total."How about you?"

" It's not to bad.. I've been running errands for my parents all day, this was my last stop. You should come out to the reservation tonight! We're having a big Bon fire, my grandfather is going to tell stories. It'll be like it was when we're kids I promise." Keira said with a smile as she handed him the money she gave him the one look She knew he couldn't say no to, waited patiently. She had watched him grown up, protected him from bullies etc.

He smiled at the offer to join her, looking around a bit before he nodded and handed her the receipt." Ater work I'll stop by..."He assured her before he gave her a friendly smile and wave. He was glad she stopped by..the girl always able to brighten his day with her appearance. And no matter what he couldn't shake the feeling something was off, but her could never pinpoint it.

Either way when he clocked out Michael made his way over to her place just like he promised, ready to kick back and relax for a while, something he missed out on for a while.

" Great! I'll see you later then." Keira said as she smiled at him, walked out of the store. She had a special gift for him, planned on giving it to him at the bonfire. For the first time in two or three days maybe she took the time to shower, change her clothes. Her tribe was modernized all the families lived in double wide trailers, had running water etc. When she went to get dressed she actually put on a jean skirt, a tank top then slid her feet into a pair of sandals. She didn't put on any makeup, actually let her hair fall down her back. If it got in her way she could just braid it, wrap a hair tie around it.

He soon knocked on her door, dressed in jean shorts and a simple white t-shirt. He stood there and waited for her to answer, the man fidgeting a bit where he stood, unsure what they were going to do but wasn't all to worried about it if it meant hanging out with Keira, the only real friend he had around town.

Keira answered the door with a smile on her face, walked out onto the porch. She closed the door behind her, handed him a small gift bag making sure sage had her wallet her keys, her cell phone then waited for him to react. The brunette had made him a homemade friendship bracelet, she had a matching one only her's was in her pocket. She saw him as more then just a friend because what had happened the night he was born, she chewed on her lower lip hoping he would like his present.

He looked at the bag, confused for a moment but opened it anyway, only to smile and slip on the bracelet. Once he had it on Michael gave her a kiss, hugging her gently."Thank you Keira..I like it alot.."He assured her before standing at her side, his hand out to hold hers."Ready to go?"

" Yeah just a moment. " Keira said as she smiled putting her bracelet on she slid her fingers between his, let him lead the way. She sure hoped he remembered the way to the fire pit, the feeling of his hand in her's made her heart melt. The brunette shared a special bond with him, she would watch him when his parents wanted to go out etc.

He smiled and walked with her, keeping her close to him, enjoying having her so cose to him, even though he was unsure about the feelings between them."Of course I do Keira.."He assured her, leading the way."So what have you been up to..?"

Keira was a little confused cause she hadn't even asked him if he remembered where the fire pit was, she chewed on the corner of her lower lip as she caressed his hand with her thumb. '' The same old stuff. looking after my parents, training the new recruits to um well you know.'' She said as she smiled at him hoping he remembered that she was a werewolf, she had only been in wolf form around him once or twice when he was a child. wolf form

Michael had known about it, but knew the way for the most part where to go. So with a smile he held her hand more. But when she explained what she had been up to he nodded, only knowing a bit about what she was as he had only seen it once or twice."I see..So what are your plans after tonight..?"

'' To be honest I really don't know. I mean I guess I was hoping we could just sit around, talk after everyone left. It's been a really long time, I know I see you whenever I'm in the store but I miss you. '' Keira said as she walked with him, smiled still caressing his hand with her thumb. She was being honest with him she really hoped they could just catch up, then maybe sleep together as in actually sleep not have sex. The brunette wasn't ready for that yet, despite loving Michael with all her heart she didn't think he was either.

He smiled a bit, giving her a nod at the offer, liking the idea as well."I would like that..Its been so long since we've actually just hung out...At least..since you had to take more duties with your pack and all..And with me working now it doesn't leave us much time to really be friends."Michael pulled her closer to him, enjoying her company as they walked."I miss just laying out and staring at the stars like we did years ago.."

" Me to, we can do that tonight after everyone has left. Your a special person Michael, I knew that as soon as you came into this world." Keira said as she caressed his hand with her thumb, they were getting closer to the fire pit. She could see her grandfather sitting by the fire with his blanket wrapped around him, his eyes lined with circles of sleepless nights. The old man looked up when he saw Michael, he smiled giving the boy a nod of approval seeing how he was holding hands with Keira.

He smiled at her words and nodded, looking to the older man with a bigger smile when he seemed to approve. So with a grumble he looked around."Well..Care to find a spot for us to sit Keira?"He asked softly. Michael rubbed her hand back this time, enjoying the company of her while enjoying the ability to spend any kind of time with her.

Keira lead him to an empty spot not to far from her grandfather, sat down pulling him down with her. She continued to hold his hand, caress it as her grandfather began to speak. The story began with a young warrior, his discovery of the cold ones. As the old man continued his story he spoke of the curse that the warrior was scarred with after his transformation, when the story was done it ended with how the warrior suffered the loss of his family which is why the cold ones or vampires were not aloud anywhere near the reservation. Keira had heard the story many times, she was a desendnt of the warrior every wolf of her pack was a descendent of a warrior that had gone through the transformation.

He listened to the story, pulling her arm closer to him with a smile, his eyes focused on the sky as the old man spoke. Michael was relaxed, smiling as he sat there with Keira, enjoying her company and more, wondering just what was on her mind as the duo sat by the fire

Keira held his hand, smiled as she sat next to her best friend. She watched as people started to leave, they were left alone. " Everyone has headed home.. So we can lay out here, stare at the stars all night. I'm so glad you came." Keira said as she kissed him on the cheek, she had lots of things on her mind. She knew the day he was born that he was her soul mate, she had watched him grow up spending every day with him.

He smiled, laying beside her, his ar wrapping around her, pulling Keira close when he released her hand. Michael was content laying here with her, the man looking to the sky."I'm glad I get to spend some time with you like this Keira..."

Keira did 't know what to say, she smiled as she laid her head against his chest. She hoped no one tried to attack because she would go into wolf form just to protect him, she was romantically interested in him but the timing wasn't , least not unless he made the first move.

Michael hugged her to him, looking at her through the corner of his eye as she relaxed and laid on him. The man kissed her cheek softly, his arm hugging her closer. while he wasn't the type to make the first move, Michael couldn't help but feel the need to say something. So with a soft breath he looked back up to the sky."Keira..do....do you...like me?"He asked softly.

Back
Top Bottom