Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Family Affair (Skeith x Wiki)

Alice breathed out a deep sigh as Serena went up stairs. She could only hope that this worked out. Otherwise, her relationship with her sister was going to get even stranger and even more strained than it was right now. When Serena came back down stairs she offered her a warm smile. Standing up, she gave her sister a tight hug before planting a soft kiss on her forehead. "This'll be fun. I promise."

She lead her sister out to her car and began driving towards the skating rink. "Hey, listen." She began as they drew closer to the rink. "Thanks for giving me a chance, sis. I know its weird, and probably wrong, but I really want this to work. It's been awfully lonely trying to keep up with work and school." She said after a moment. She breathed out an uneasy sigh before offering her sister a smile, a faint blush on her cheeks. "At least, you know I'll take care of you."

She slowly walked down when she was ready and went to take her shoes when Alice pulled her in again for a hug. " umm sure..." She said with having her head buried in her chest for a moment before she could stand back a bit once the hug was done.

Serena got her shoes and followed behind getting in the seat next to her and closing the door, leaning against the door and relaxing for a bit. The trip was quiet accept for music but it was ok to just relax and think about hints for a little while at least. "You've already done a lot to take care of me sis....but...I was caught off guard with that to be honest..." serena crossed her arms and looked out the window, " I..I love and care about you as my big sister and Ill do anything to help you..."

Alice glanced over at Serena when she spoke. Of course it came as a shock. This wasn't something that happened in normal families. Sisters didn't just fall for their sisters like that. But, it had been far from a normal family. Normal families didn't expect someone Alice's age to try to juggle school and full time work to keep up with the house while the parents were away on business. Alice didn't have friends, or girlfriends, her life was consumed by work and school, meaning that Serena was the only girl around her own age that she spent time with. "I know... I'm sorry. I shouldn't have brought it up at all." She said quietly. "I just needed to get it out and I didn't really know how..."

As they pulled into the skating rink, she found a parking spot and stopped the car. She sighed quietly before looking at her sister. She placed her hand on the girls leg gently. "If it helps, don't think of this like a date. It's just you and me, spending time together, if it evolves into something more, than that's great. If not, than that's fine too."

" Alice, Im happy that you care about someone who doesn't know anything like me..." She leaned in to hug her, "I'll do anything for you sis just ask....hmm ok then..." Serena sighed and nodded opening the door and standing up closing the door behind her and fixing her plain black jacket a bit so it didn't feel so weird wearing it. " I'm ready..." The younger sibling smiled and held her hand out, deciding she wanted to walk close to her.

Alice frowned momentarily when Serena spoke. "Come on now, it's not like you don't know anything." She was beginning to think that her sister might have an inferiority complex. It made her desire to be closer to her sister all the stronger. Maybe if she realized how much she was really loved and wanted she'd be a little more confident and happy. When she saw Serena extend her hand out to take hers, her smile returned. "All I want is for you to be happy." She happily accepted her sister's hand, before walking towards the skating rink. The loud music from inside could be heard from the parking lot.

Once inside, she paid for their entry and skates before finding a bench to sit on. The rink was filled with a lot more than just the skating rink. It had a small arcade, a snack bar, a laser tag arena, and a proper skate park. She couldn't help but smile while looking around the place. She hadn't come here since she was really young. While switching out her shoes for her skates she smiled to her sister. "So what do you want to do first?" She asked.

She followed behind looking around at how the place was really big compared to what she's seen before with others. Serena sighed and wondered herself what she wanted to do first befor her sister asked her, taking her own skates and sitting down next to her for a momeny before she started taking off her shoes and slipping then on. " ummm I don't think I've been here before sis..." She said with a light chuckle, "I don't remember if I was here..." Serena was your average little inccocent sister who sometimes forgot or didn't really rmember things quite well and she could be easily overwhelmed with things at times as well.

Alice chuckled lightly before she stood up, taking a second to skate around in a couple circles to make sure she was used to her skates. "Don't worry about it. We'll find some fun stuff to do. This place has everything!" It used to be Alice's favorite, though she could scarcely remember if she had ever actually been here with Serena before, it settling in once more just how little she had actually spent time with her sister. She skated a couple circles around the bench while she waited for her sister to finish before taking her hand, tugging her along playfully. "Come on! Let's go check out the arcade or something." She said with a short laugh.

In truth, she still felt a little awkward about the situation, considering it was supposed to be a date and all. Still, in the back of her mind, she was just grateful to be trying to focus on enjoying herself for a change, and with her little sister no less.

Serena sighed and gave her a little smile back, tieing the laces on her skates and slowly standing up. She really had been skating a lot and it looked like she's never even tried before. It would be hard for her more, but it always seemed fun. Serena looked over at her sister, "we can just go around with these on?" Slowly the skates moved as Alice startes to lead her to one of the many different areas they could have fun with. " unmm sure sis..." The younger sister told her worried about falling.

"Oh we'll be fine. Don't worry." She said in response to them just going around the place where ever they pleased. Noticing her sister didn't have much experience with skating she slowed, down, staying close and holding her hand. "Don't worry, I won't let you fall, I promise." She said softly. She led her over to the arcade, careful to take her time so as not to make her sister hurt herself. Loud music filled the air as the various arcade cabinets flashed with life. She missed arcades. Before work and school took over her life she spent a lot of time playing video games. She came sliding to a stop by a machine, she deposited a few bills, and it produced tokens for the machines.

"Here you go." She said with a smile as she handed her sister a handful of tokens. "Now, what do you want to play?" She asked as she began skating towards the different cabinets, examining which games they had on display. There were a number of them that she remembered from when she was a kid, but a whole lot of new ones she'd never seen before.

Serena have a light nodded and followed behind toward the arcade she wanted to go in but also being able to see everything else around her that surrounding the arcade like where the arenas were and the skate parks. The young girl turned and saw a room full of bright lights, following into the doorway and seeing the lights form into images that were on all the different arcade machines there. Still following, Serena saw a familiar machine for tokens knowing that she would actually be able to play at an arcaded again for the first the even when she was younger.

" thanks sis..." Serena took some of the tokens and put them into her pocket, taking one and holding it in her hand looking around at the machines again. Some she knew herself playing at the other arcades she went to before and some new as well to her too. "Wow this is bigger than before...hmm maybe that one?" She pointed to one game deciding to let Alice being her over than going by herself and falling.

Alice nodded with a happy smile. "Sure, that one looks like fun." She took her sister's hand again and helped her skate over to the machine. "We'll have to buy you a pair of skates so that you can practice at home, huh?" She teased with a soft laugh. She leaned against the machine, happy to watch her sister play. It was enough to just be spending time with her, really. She flipped one of the tokens in her hand for a few seconds before eyeing the machine next to the one her sister was playing. She didn't recognize the game, but shrugged and slipped the token in anyway.

She occasionally glanced back to her sister, wanting to make sure that she was having fun. She watched her for several moments, a small smile spreading on her lips as she did so. Though doing so caused her to lose her own game. She looked at her own machine when the sound alerted her to a game over. "Whelp, maybe I'm not as good at these games I remember." She said with a short laugh.

Serena smirked back at her, "I would love to learn how to skate actually...then I can be good like my big sis..." She smiled she slipped a coin in and started to play just a second afterward, it was an old shooting game she always love to play, she had a character on the screen and had to use buttons and joysticks. Serena quietly started playing her game, going through the first level rather fast and starting the second level. "I'm good at this sis, remember I beat it once?" Serena kept her eyes on the screen and continued in the arcade.

Alice smiled, turning her eyes back to the screen that her sister was playing on. She felt a warmth inside watching her enjoy herself. "Hmm? Oh yeah, I remember." She answered as she leaned against the machine. "I'm going to grab us a couple of drinks, okay? I'll be right back." She skated away from the machine to the nearby snack bar, pouring a couple tall glasses of soda. She took a moment to look over the event schedule, frowning lightly when she noticed nothing special was going on that night, except for the usual couples skating. That could be fun, she supposed. Not that it was anything significant.

She returned after a few moments with the sodas. She set her sister's down near the machine so that it wouldn't be in her way. She returned to leaning against the machine, content to watch her little sister enjoy herself.

Serena kept at her game the whole time until she was done, more trying to speed run it this time. She sighed as the game was finally almost done, " ok sis." She replied back. The young girl leaned against the machine a bit herself and after about half an hour she finally did it again. Serena picked up her Soda and laid her head on her shoulder, "jeez I don't know why that's a long game...."

Sipping on her drink serena glanced around, " so what now?" She asked wrapping her arms around and waiting.

Alice smiled when her sister finally beat her game. Most of time she wouldn't enjoy watching someone else play a video game for so long, but it was nice to watch her younger sister having a good time. Just seeing her smile was enough to make it worth while for her. When the game finally ended she gave her sister a small pat on the shoulder. "Good work. I don't think I could have beaten it." She said before looking about the skating rink. "What next? Well, I don't know. There's the laser tag, we could sit down for a snack. They're going to do couple's skating here in a few minutes if you're interested in that."

She didn't imagine that the couple's skating was going to be anything special. Probably just skating around holding hands while cutesy music plays, but even then, spending time holding hands with her sister and simply skating was almost a dream come true.

Serena smiled, liking how her sister thought she was pretty cool with the game, maybe we should...do laser tag before we go so that I wot get tired before we do anything else. Maybe we could eat after that skating couple?" She asked not hearing about that kind of thing before. " I don't know anything about that? I do wanna skate though in that thing..." She said pointing to the rink, just in time for a voice on the comm to make an announcement that it would start right now, with music playing after. "I wanna go skate now..I'm bored..."

Alice smiled widely when Serena said that she wanted to go do the couples skating. "Sure! Come on." She took her hand, patiently leading her to the rink, not wanting to rush her sister and cause her to fall. "Don't worry now, I'll stay near you the whole time. I won't let you fall." She stepped out into the rink, patiently helping her sister out onto the smooth flooring. "Alright, nice and easy. Just take your time." She slowly started skating around the rink. She looked around at the other couples who were skating. There were a few that she could tell were on a first or second date, others who seemed extremely happy and comfortable with each other. It brought a smile to her face to think about the fact that here she was on a date, with her little sister. Like a dream come true.

The younger sister slowly stepped into the rink holding her sisters arms right as she really tried to get some balance, though she was still slipping a lot. After a little while she sighed, holding more onto her arm again. Serena just stood straight with her feet together and slowly pushed off with her foot quick, getting her feet together again as Alice started to move pulling her behind slowly.

Back
Top Bottom