Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is it Really You??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screaming as she landed into the water. Treading slowly as she basically floated there. "That was totally uncalled for." she mumbled as she made her way back to the dock and pulled her self out. Watching the outburst from Callie, she arched a brow. What was all this fighting for? Why couldn't they just say what was on their minds? she thought to herself as she watched Callie push Robbie away.

"Really Callie?" she questioned allowed before she realized she had spoken up. "I am a liar?" she shook her head. "You really have no room to talk....you never replied, I stopped writing a year ago after writing a letter every week...." she stood up and shook the water off her hands. "And every week I would get it returned...'Return to Sender' printed across the front of the envelope" she rolled her eyes. "Perhaps it is you who should grow up and come forward and just admit you don't want any of us anymore.. your daddies world fits you well. Perfectly actually..." she turned on her heel. Making it to the end of the dock she turned in the darkness and looked back at the three. "You don't believe me, cabin 18..I have all the returned letters. Proof that your the one who ignored me...." Serenity turned and vanished. She wanted out of the cold soaked clothes.

Callie climbed up on the dock fuming. "Me? The liar? She's insane. Perhaps all the trouble she's gotten into since she remained in this town has gone to her head. It's not my fault she never had the courage to leave it!" She looked back at the two guys, but it was Robbie who caught her attention the most. For just a brief, short while everything had felt good again. All four of them together. As it was. As it should be. Now things felt as agonizing as it had before. She would never admit it, but her heart literally hurt, shattering even more as what she had once had slipped through her fingers again. "Robbie," she started without really knowing what she wanted to say at all. "I....I mean," she glances over at Atti.
What she suddenly wanted to say to Robbie, she couldn't summon the courage to do so in front of Atti. There was something there, something he should know. A few things actually, but she just couldn't do it. "Never mind," she snarled at both of them before she turned and headed back along the dock.

'Cabin 18 huh? We'll see about that.' She wanted to go to her own cabin and change first, but her desire to see if what Serenity was telling her was the truth or not pushed her towards cabin 18. She watched the numbers increase in sequence a she made her way down the path. Heading further away from the lake, and the guys, she stopped when the number 18 loomed overhead. Callie made her way to one of the screen windows where she whispered for Serenity. "Serenity? Alright. Show me." She could have stopped there, but the anger, the hurt that she carried around with her would not let her be silent. "Prove to me you're not a liar." She pushed away from the window and headed towards the door. Not wanting to step inside and drip water everywhere, she stood there shivering in the cool night air.

Robbie trailed after the girls with Atti. He sighed. Clearly, despite what was happening between him and Callie, this was between the two of them.

In many ways they had both, despite their differences, always had this in common. Both CC and Serenity had loved being the centre of attention. Ever since they were at school. They'd always been drama queens, just a little bit, and both seemed to enjoy drama a little more than they would ever admit. At least that was what he'd always thought.

He walked slowly with Atti, unsure of where he stood now with any of them. He looked over at the big guy, who seemed at once so different and so similar to how he had been. Although they had always been friends, the four of them, Robbie had known Atti the longest. Their parents had been friends. He and the big guy had, originally, tried to keep in contact when they moved apart, tapping away on instant messengers each evening. But the time differences, and the demands of high school, and the general lack of topics of conversation now they didn't spend hours together every day slowly took their toll on the pair's friendship.

He had to look up to take the guy in. He was huge! Had he always been this big? Suddenly Robbie felt like he was standing next to a stranger.

"Hey, uh, Atti, you been...uh...still interested in travelling? Been anywhere nice since we last spoke?" he tried, desperately reaching for any topic he could remember.

Then the guy smiled down at him and it was like the years melted. He found himself grinning back.

"Fuck man, when did you get so bloody big?" he laughed, all awkwardness gone. "What the hell does your Mom feed you these days?!"

Robbie ran a hand through his hair. "Is it just me or does this seem familiar to you?" he chuckled, starring at the sight of a stubborn CC and a Serenity waving a pile of papers in her hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom