Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is it Really You??

Status
Not open for further replies.

VioletRose

Star
It was the summer before their great adventure. The adventure into the real world. It was no longer time to party hard and worry about life later, it was time to start thinking about their lives as adults now. The last summer to have fun, rekindle their love life but what happens when after registration they run into old friends? Was the friendships they had before they were ripped away enough to start where they left off, or are the new personalities going to finish the friendship before they get a chance to start over?
============================

Serenity Salvatore loved in Cherryville her whole life. The same house, same neighborhood, the same school system and even the same group of friends. Well that was until one by one their families moved away. Promises to stay in touch one by one became broken promises. One by one every started to change causing silence to strike.

"You are going to this camp, I won't be here all summer and I am not leaving you alone, not after last time. I cleaned for weeks until this house seemed like home again!" Serenities mother stated while she packed for her trip for work.

"This is so not fair!" Serenity screamed from her bedroom where she was packing her bags as well. "I'm eighteen in a week, and your sending me away like a kid! Your so lame!" She continued even though it did not matter what she said, her mother would make sure she got there.

Less than seven hours later SetenitySalvator stepped out of the taxi cab and stood in front of Camp Life, her home for the next six weeks. The front gate and lawn was packed of other teens chatting and talking. Grabbing her three duffle bags from the trunk she headed for the registration table. While waiting one of the camp councilors handed out a packet to everyone still waiting to register.

The packet explained everything about the camp you could possibly need to know. Activities, sleeping accommodations and meal information. As Serenity continued looking through the packet she saw the pictures of everything, realizing that this camp was nothing like it used to be the summers the old group came. It was laid back now, no set scheduals and you did pretty much what you wanted as long as you stayed within guidelines set by the owners. This was going to be a good summer yet.

After getting through the line, she went to her assigned cabin. Tossing her bags on a bed near a widow she set out to scope the new camp. First heading down to the lake, then the fire pit. Venturing off to the dining hall. Making her way back towards her cabin she looked across the front lawn. So many people and she stuck out like a sore thumb with her chains hanging off her belt loops, the dark make up and her choice of wardrobe. Sitting down next to a tree and sighed sticking her earbuds in her ear turning her iPod on.

Robbie Alexander shouldered his bag and looked around as he felt the bus pull away behind him. Camp Life. The place had changed a bit, it seemed, since they'd last come here. That line of new cabins, down by the river, were new for a start. And where had all these people come from? To be honest, although he had fond memories of the time he'd spent with the gang here, the place had always been a little bit of a dump. Run down and desperately in need of a new coat of paint. He shrugged, glancing around, and moved over to collect his registration pack at the desk set out on the front lawn for everyone arriving.

"We're super relaxed here" the chippy middle-aged woman who handed him his stuff finished her welcome speech with. "You don't have to do anything you don't want to."

"But I can still do the things I do want to do right?" he quipped, rewarded with a mumsy laugh from the woman as he stepped aside to let the person in behind him get their stuff.

He didn't really know where to start, he realised, once he'd dropped his bag off in his deserted dorm. He'd always come here as one of a four. A tight-nit four, with plans already set weeks in advance. Passed notes in class, long phone-calls to each others' houses in the evenings, packing and repacking as a group....Now he was alone.

Robbie wrinkled his nose in thought, the freckles shifting on his face a little at the movement. Serenity. Atti. CC. And him. The four of them. They'd even had a name but he couldn't remember it exactly. Four Amigos? No...but something like that.

His gaze wandered over the groups of people chatting and lounging on the lawn and he felt a slight wave of his old shyness wash over him. It was odd being here with no connections. Then his eyes fell on a figure sitting below a tree, clutching an iPod. She looked awfully familiar to him....

He waved, hoping to God he wasn't just going to embarrass himself in front of a total stranger.

Callie Coleman stepped out of the limo as her driver grabbed her bags. The other campers stared and talked among themselves as they passed by. A snarl on her face, she watched them only looking over at her driver as he sat her bags down on the ground. “You idiot. You put them on the ground. My father will have your job. A trained monkey chasing a banana on a stick could do your job.” He smiled at her patting her shoulder. “You’ll be fine miss. Enjoy your summer.” Enjoy my summer indeed, she thought rolling her eyes. “Carry my bags.”
“No miss. You can take care of this.” The driver was a sympathetic man to her in the sense that he was aware her parents were merely getting rid of her for the summer so they could pursue their own selfish agendas. He was also a very patient man who had been the victim of the vicious assaults from the young lady for a while now. Her father would do no such thing as fire him. That would require the tedious task of replacing him. He climbed into the car driving away leaving her, and the camp, a distant memory.

“Great,” she sighed reaching for her bags. She would not trust any of these….these commoners to touch her things. The camp had changed some, but the biggest thing she noticed was how dirty it was. “Primitive,” she spoke sitting down her bags at the registration table. “Name?”
“Disappointed.” The lady gave her an exhausted, non amused gaze. “Coleman. Callie.” She handed her a packet and her cabin assignment. “Great. Perfect. I don’t suppose there’s a valet that can carry my bags is there?”
“No honey. You’re on your own.”
“You have no idea,” she groaned picking up her bags and heading towards the signs pointing out the way to the various cabins. The bags grew heavy quickly, and she began to sweat. The trail uneven under her feet, and the other campers bumped into her as they hurried along in a frenzied rush. Talk of the freedom they had here and how the camp was run was overheard by several of them. Some things had changed it seemed.

She kicked open the door and entered an empty cabin. The bags of others were seen next to certain beds. She found and empty one by the windows and dropped them. “Dusty, falling apart, hot, dirty, and there are flies. Perfect. I’m in summer camp hell here. I know my parents hate me, but this? Even this is far too much. Wait until this place hears from my lawyer. This has to be some sort of inhumane treatment.” Eyeing her bags for a moment, she spotted the lake out of the window. The lake. A thousand memories flooded her mind. Skipping rocks and late night swimming get-a-ways as the intrepid group would sneak out of their cabins. She smiled but only for a moment before she shook her head looking away. Wanting to find a bathroom so that she could freshen up, she headed out of the cabin in the direction the little arrows pointed.

Attila had arrived earlier than he thought he would. He didn't really see anyone or anything interesting as he checked in. So, he just tucked his bags away in his cabin and gone for a run around the lake. He ran a few laps around it and something about the running just cleared his head of thoughts and worries. He was just focused, covering ground and sweating.

But something in the air, or maybe it was the way everything was reflected on the water's surface, reminded him of old times. Times of dreams and closeknit fun. Times of charm and trying to hard to impress a neighbor girl. Times before he had to really face the fat reality that we're all just alone.

The subtle nostalgia crept in and he stopped running. He went over to the lake, and catching his breath, took in his own reflection. Sweat soaked his hair and his black wifebeater and navy cargo shorts. The clothing clung to his muscular body. He decided it was enough for now. He'd lost count of how many laps he'd run anyway.

Walking back through the trails he saw a young woman with blue hair and a bad attitude. He didn't recognize her, at least not consciously, but he felt like he should talk to her.

"Hey, how's it going?" He started with a cocky grin.

Serenity watched as more and more people showed up. The music pounding in her ears did not help her escape the memories of this place. The lake where she and CC used to sun tan most days, the guys being guys near by. The late nights of laying in this very lawn where everyone stood now gazing at the stars, making plans for their futures and making sure they were all together no matter what. Friends Four Life was what they used to say. Serenity trying to shake the memories from her thoughts her eyes shifted when she saw movement.

Seeing the guy waving at her, she arched a brow. Really?? Out of all the girls here, he chooses to wave at the odd one...Nice move moron.. she thought. Waving back slightly in an 'what ever' manner she stood. Making her way back to her cabin, passing by a few people she remember from years ago but non of which she was ever close with. Deciding it was time to unpack her things and get settled, she was glad her earbuds stopped people from talking with her.

It didn't take long and she was unpacked and once again bored. Serenity headed back outside, walking and not paying attention to anything but her feet and the ground she bumped into him. Looking up she saw the guy that had waved to her earlier. "Sorry!" Was all she said as she side stepped and continued a few paces. That was until she stopped dead in her tracks, those eyes, she knew thoes eyes..."Robbie?" She questioned as she turned around, removing the earbuds from her ears.

Robbie frowned as the girl under the tree waved back distractedly and then wandered off in another direction. He lowered his hand, feeling like an idiot, but thankfully few of the other people around were paying attention.

Still a little awkward, he decided to return to his bunk room and unpack. He saw a girl with dark blue hair struggling under the weight of a number of heavy bags and almost offered to help. Then he remembered the embarrassing moment a minute ago and decided against it. Besides, judging by the annoyed looks she was shooting the other people of the trail, he doubted she wanted any help really, despite how heavy her stuff seemed.

The cabin was cooler than the outside, a nice spot of shade, and Robbie sat on his bunk for a few minutes, chatting with the couple of new people who came and went. None of them seemed familiar, however, so he turned to unpacking his stuff, popping clothes and other bits and pieces into the little chest of drawers each camper had. He smiled at the sight of the layer of books he'd put at the bottom of the case. Old habits died hard, it seemed, and he picked one up, running a finger along the spine. Maybe it'd be nice to read by the lake for a bit. Just for now. That wouldn't be too anti-social would it?

He left the cabin, High School Track Team jacket and book in hand, and almost collided with another camper. "Sorry" he mumbled but stopped, seconds later, as he saw her turn back to face him, pulling the earbuds from her ears, and calling his name in an uncertain voice. It was the girl before, the one from under the tree, and now he knew it was Serenity.

"Serenity" he grinned, taking in the blonde hair and the small stature. She hadn't changed very much, although they'd not seen each other in years. She seemed a little...on edge, but he put that down to the surprise of seeing him.

Robbie's face split into a giant smile of relief. "I thought I wouldn't know anyone else here" he said, chuckling, "I gotta say its a relief to see you." Then he realised how long it had been since they'd spent time together. "You...you here with anyone? It'd be nice to catch up, really nice, but I don't want to steal you away from your friends!"

Serenity could not believe it, it was Robbie. Her eyes looked over him as he stood there. He had changed a lot, and he was wearing an athletic coat which means he was into sports now. Remembering how he was way back when made her laugh slighty. "It's great to see you again, but I am actually just off to find something to do." She felt awkward standing here infront of someone she used to best friends with, crossing her arms she glanced around.

"Yeah we can catch up, I don't have and anyone waiting around me. " She smiled and started walking towards the dock where they all used to go sit and plan out their weeks when they got there. "Let's go check out the dock."

He smiled, relieved that it was Serenity. "Its good to see you" he smiled, although she seemed a little withdrawn, folding her arms across her chest.

She hadn't changed much. She'd grown taller, obviously, and become more of a young woman than the child he had known. But Serenity still seemed the same. At least on the surface. Only time would tell what she would be like inside.

Robbie grinned as she revealed that she didn't have any other connections. The idea that they could spend some time catching up was a relief, a welcome thought, but he knew he needed to be careful not to come over too friendly. It had been years, after all, since they'd known each other. Serenity probably had a whole new life now, despite never having left Cherryville. New friends.

"Sure" he smiled, lets go and check out the Dock. He let her lead him back up the path to the familiar place. It hadn't changed much.

"So" he said, sitting on the edge of the pier and removing his shoes "how have you been?"

He chuckled as he dipped his feet into the water of the lake. Like they had always done. "Wouldn't it be odd if Atti or CC were here?" he added.

The camp really did bring back a lot of memories. As she walked the trail on her way to the bathrooms, Callie began to remember the summers she spent with her friends. Her best friends. She had traveled the world now, and all she ever wanted was what she had back then. She could hear their voices as they planned and schemed away at what they would do that summer. Late night swimming, sneaking into the mess hall, pranks played on the counselors, and just sitting up by the lake or at the docks talking. That was what she missed the most over the years. Talking about anything and everything with people who actually cared. The only reason people cared now was because she was older and coming into her own money. She had learned money and actions got results, and results and money were all that mattered anymore. The friends of yesterday had all moved away and grown up now. She decided a long time ago it was time to put away all the dreams, hopes, and memories of the wonderful time in her life that was like a fairy tale.

His voice really is what snapped her back to reality. She looked the guy over slowly. His body covered with sweat, and his clothing clung to his body. Still he was being polite, and if nothing else nothing else there was still an image to uphold. He wasn’t part of a hostile business or another student at the school where she had to constantly prove she was more callous than they were and would go further in life. With no forced smile, no pretense of being kind, she replied, “Fine. Things are going fine. You, on the other hand, you smell terrible. The work out, I’m sure, did you well, but the showers are in this direction. I would advise you use them and soap at that as well. An all natural one though.” As she began to walk past him, she couldn’t help herself. “And what’s with the cock grin on your face? Do you think all girls are so mindless that an attractive guy who clearly takes care of his body will make us swoon. Ooooooh. Pretty,” she mocked in a mindless, clueless impersonation. “Of all the camps in the world, she had to pick this one. Again. I’m right back here again. She’s torturing me.” She glanced over at him realizing she was speaking aloud. “Sorry. I do that sometimes. Talking aloud. Why am I explaining this to you? You? You’re….,” she put her hands on her hips and looked him over again with a strange look on her face. “Who are you?”

He was taken by surprise by her aggressive tone. But it was so exaggerated as if to be unreal. And that was the really weird part to him. Sure, it was also unusual for a girl not to be at least half-charmed by his body. But not nearly so strange as the extreme state of this chick's actual attitude. So much so that he wasn't sure wether to be offended or amused. Although, to be sure, he was leaning toward being amused.

It was when she turned around and started questioning his grinning, though, that his grin really started to grow. She was starting to seem tolerably insane. Or like she was just having a bad day. And then she called him attractive, so that was a good sign. She looked pretty good, herself, for sure. Although, Atilla doubted it was a good time to check her body out.

And then she started talking to herself. Definitely crazy. He thought, as she went on. But that could be a good thing. It could mean kinky. Aww, but it could mean kinky in a bad way too. Or maybe she's gay, and just doesn't want me to get the wrong impression... Nah, she wouldn't have called me attractive then. Shit. Now she wants to know my name. Oh well, she can't be THAT crazy...

His grin almost turned to laughter as it appeared to flood with even more confidence.

"I'm Atti" he said, full on smiling now. "And you are?"

Serenity walked to the pier. Stepping on to it she was flooded with memories, flooded with the good byes and the changes she took on. Serenity had been pretty good at hiding her true self, more than anyone could tell. As Robbie spoke she was drawn out of her thoughts.

"I am good, just hanging out pretty much. Cherryville became lame when everyone left." She shrugged. The thought of Atti being here made her smile, out of everyone he was the one she missed most. "Last time I heard from CC was a year or two ago. Last thing I told her was to grow up and stop being a bitch." She laughed. "Everyone has changed, I mean look at you wearing and sportsman coat..."

Crossing her legs, she sat back away from the edge. Serenity did not like the water, she stopped swimming years ago. Taking the hair tie off her wrist she put her hair up in a pony tail, revealing a spider tattoo on the back of her neck. It was done thanks to a dare, and Serenity loved when people had to pay up.

That grin. He’s grinning more. The nerve of this guy to grin while I’m speaking to him in this manner. He truly has no idea who’s he dealing with. No matter. He’s probably some body obsessed, full of himself, man whore. Her anger began to bubble beneath the surface as she looked at his face. He probably thinks I should be falling at his feet. The jerk. Just because he’s handsome he probably expects me to fall at his feet. I’ll bet all the girls do. He’s probably accustomed to having all the girls do that. Well not this one.

Her eyes drifted down his body as he exuded his confidence. Then it happened. Everything just stood still. The color drained from her face. No. It can’t be. No way. Not….Atti. The hair. He’s got Atti’s hair, and those eyes. She looked into his eyes seeing that same brilliant shine that he always had about himself. It IS him! She shook her head taking a step back covering her mouth. “Shocked. I’m shocked. Atti? No way. I mean it can’t be. How? You’re….here. Oh my gosh! This is so unbelievable. I mean you’re here. You’re actually here at this camp, and I’m doing it again! Talking to myself! It was an old habit she slipped back into from time to time. ” She looked him over once more before shaking her head. “Down by the lake, in that direction,” she pointed. “After you walk a ways down you’ll come to an old tree. Huge. Years ago there was a tire swing attached to one of the limbs. At the base of that tree, there are four names carved into it. Do you know about that?”

Robbie stared out across the water. "I can imagine it got pretty lame when everyone left" he said, shrugging a little, "it wasn't really our faults but it was pretty shitty of us to just leave you behind all the same. I know I should have made more of an effort to keep in contact with you guys".

When she mentioned CC he frowned. CC. Callie Coleman. He'd fancied the panties off her in school, all those years ago, and it hadn't been easy to move on. Seeing as her father's fame ensured that she popped up in the media or online news blogs every so often. Her dad was some computering bigshot, Robbie had never been sure quite what, and had ended up taking his family overseas for work. "CC probably wouldn't recognize me at all after all these years" he grinned at Serenity. He'd always been close with Serenity, in a brother-sister sort of way, but he was surprised to see the flash of a tattoo on her neck as she scooped her hair out of the way. Maybe she had changed more than he'd thought.

He sighed, leaning back on his elbows, his feet still dangling in the cool water. "Didn't we used to do this all the time?" he said. "Come down by the lake, just the four of us, and muck about by this pier? Come to think of it, isn't there a tree or something with our names carved into it near here?"

He laughed more as he watched her ranting on more to herself debating whether this was a real encounter or not. He had not seen her in such a long time, as well as his other friends Robbie and Serenity. She didn't use to be this bitchy, the way he remembered her. She was pretty down to earth as the four of them watched each other grow up. Fame does that to a person usually. She was modest and friendly, then after a few appearances with big shots in the world, she become this conceited person he had never met before, not unlike himself, he knew, it was just interesting to see this attitude on someone that he was very close to.

"Yeah, of course I know about the tree. I should, anyway. We were all together when we each carved our names into it. You, Robbie, Serenity and myself. It was the last day we were out here together. A sort of goodbye we gave to the place, you know. I wouldn't forget something like that. Besides...." He had that same cocky smirk come back to his face "...I still remember how Serenity and I kissed under that tree that same night."

He thought back to that night, remembering it was after everyone had carved their name into the tree. The sky was clear so the stars were out very clearly. Robbie and CC had already left to head back to their cabin to get to bed so they wouldn't be so tired on the ride home the next day. Atti and Serenity stayed there together, looking up at the stars together, him pointing a few out to her. As the two laid in the grass he sat up on his side and leaned down and pressed his lips to hers softly. It was their first kiss together. It was the only kiss they shared together, so it was a special place for him.

Serenity shrugged "Shit happens, non of you guys really had a choice." She laid back and looked up at the sky. "Most of the time I glad we all got caught up in our new lives, I'm sure we all have our own cliques again." Serenity was telling half the truth, half a lie but she always thought about them when the cops were bringing her home, or she out in the woods enjoying a bowl.

Serenity sat up and smiled. "Probably not, I mean me and you were super close and I hardly recognized you." Serenity had often read about CC in the tabloids and online blogs where her father was mentioned. She tried hard not to pay much attention, not caring much anymore about her.

Nodding silently to his question but his follow up made her eyes widen. "Yeah, there is.. What was in four hundred paces in.. A hundred for each of us?" The memory stung as she remember the night of star gazing and that kiss... A kiss that she never forgot, rubbing the palm of her hand remembering the slap she had dished out that night. "Think it's still there?"

One hundred paces each. He grinned at the memory, gazing affectionately at Serenity. They had, as she said, always been close. Maybe the closest of the group. She'd been the little sister he'd never had, although their ages were roughly the same, and he'd practically been her brother. Their families had been friends, way back before the two of them were born, and he and Serenity had grown up together. Closer than close.

He scrambled to his feet, pulling her up with him, noticing how slight she was as he did. Was she taking care of herself? He frowned. She probably didn't need him babying her, but suddenly Robbie was very glad that he'd returned to Cherryville. And bumped into his oldest friend.

"One hundred paces?" he smiled "but with little kid feet!" They stood at the end of the pier. "Go on then!" he laughed, watching her look at him. Serenity had always been the bolder of the two, he the quiet one, and he gave her a little shove in the back to get her started. Together they stumbled through the forest, trying to take baby steps through the foliage, until they came to the tree.

"Holy fuck" Robbie mumbled to himself. "How is it still here?!" He knelt, examining the trunk, looking. "I can't see it" he said over his shoulder, "but then again we did cut it with Atti's crappy penknife didn't we. That thing was so....." And then he paused. His fingers had found something very familiar and he grinned. "Here" he said softly to Serenity "look".

“Atti! It’s impossible. I mean….right? It’s impossible that you’re here, and you….you KISSED Serenity? Geez. You think you know somebody,” She threw her arms up in exhaustion. He knew who she was. Atti knew who she was even after all this time. “How did you know it we me?”

She never imagined in a million years she would come across any of them ever again. After the family had moved she had struggled so hard to fit in at her new school. These girls were all the daughters of various big shots in the world, and she was still clinging to who she was. She would see, in time, that it was an immature side of who she was, and it was time to grow up. She let go of who she was, and in the wake of that former shell, this new person was built. Stronger and yet colder. A person who knew money could, and would, get her places in this world. People began to listen. She learned that money could talk, and people were more than happy to listen. In fact they were compelled to, and when they still didn’t want to listen, she found ways of making them.

Now before her was Atti. Someone she had been so close to, and now he was a stranger. “Well then. So you kissed Serenity,” she said folding her arms once more. “Good for you. Back then I guess you fit in with these people.” There was a clear distain in her voice. “Serenity and I tried to stay in contact, but life moves fast. If you don’t keep up, you get left behind in the dust. I refused to be left behind. She never even left this town as far as I know. Perhaps she’s even at this very camp,” she smirked. “Maybe you could find her again, and the two of you could have a torrid affair this summer. One last fling before we begin our journey into adulthood. Well. Before the rest of you do. Some of us have already started said journey.”

That cocky smile foreced her to look away. “So, Atti,” she began not really knowing what else to say to him. “How have you been? Cliche’ I know, but what else is there to say? We’re strangers now to each other,” she shrugged. “What more can we say?”

Serenity eyed Robbie as he grabbed her hands and pulled her up with no effort at all. Dusting her butt of she arched a brow. "Seriously, we are actually going to go look for tree that probably died and used for firewood?" She questioned knowing that it was probably still there. They made it far enough in that it would take years to reach that tree. Watching him she smiled to herself, her best friend, her brother that came from a different house.

She shook her head as he gave her a small shove. "Alright alright!" She exclaimed as she started towards the woods. It had started to grow dark, and the smell of the fire pit filtered through the entire camp. Reaching the woods she stopped, placing one foot directly in front of the other she started counting. Once she reached four hundred, they started looking in the darkness for the tree. Having to backtrack a bunch Robbie had found it. Taking her cell out, she lit the area up. Reaching over her, her fingers rubbed over the writing. "I can't believe it, it's actually still here!" She smiled. "That damn knife, I got cut trying to write me name... That fucker hurt!"

Serenity wanted to scrape her name off the tree. It was a reminder of broken promises, broken friendships and disappointment." Great can I leave now?"

"I think its nice" Robbie said simply, tracing the outline of those childish letters with a finger. "This was a special place for us, a secret base, only ours for the telling. Its memories, this little carving, made into something physical. I know...." he paused, frowning, picking his words carefully. "I know that it was hard for you when we left. Scattered to the wind like leaves. But don't let that taint what he had together. As a group. Hanging out in Atti's room listening to music. Playing on our gameboys. Just going to the cinema when CC's mom would drive us there. Days spent up here, hiding away from everyone else, just the four of us".

He turned to her, seeing the hurt in Serenity's eyes. "We were little" he said "we were only about eleven or twelve weren't we?"

His mind was on CC. They'd always called her CC, everyone had, except him and then only once. It had been the week they knew she was leaving and he'd hurried over to see her, biked over to her big house on the edge of town and waited for the automated gates to swing open. The moving van the shipping company had sent had already been there. He'd almost missed her. They'd walked in the garden, Robbie not knowing how to put into words how he felt about her. He didn't want her to leave. "What is it Robbie?!" she'd finally asked, turning on him, after minutes of silent wandering.

"I...Callie I....I....really like....". And she'd cut him off. Putting a finger to his lips.

"I'm going Robbie. Leaving. Keep it to yourself." was all she'd said. That had been the last time he'd seen CC.

Robbie shrugged, not knowing what else to say, seeing Serenity shifting awkwardly. "Maybe we should head back to the camp" he said, a little sad at the thought of them all drifting apart.

Atti still found CC's high-falutin, pretentious persona amusing. He had known her since she was a little girl. He knew this was not the real her. This was someone she learned to be through the fame that her father had surrounded her with. In his eyes, she was still the girl he knew growing up, remembering when all four of them used to sleep over at each others houses for the weekend, celebrating fourth of July every year together. She made have this whole bitchy stuck up attitude now, but he could still see the real CC.

"Not cliche at all, CC. In fact, merely traditional. Of course, growing up all over, I'm sure you are no stranger to the idea that in Europe when you ask someone how they've been, be ready to hear everything." He laughed and crossed his arms leaning against a tree "I guess I have been doing well, all things considered. I hate that school I was coerced into going to, but what can you do, right? You adapt to what life throws at you."

As he looked at her, he really didn't care to ask her how she had been; he knew how she had been as he was sure Serenity and Robbie knew how she had been. Her name was always popping up somewhere. It was a moot question. "What's say we go find that tree, huh? I'm sure the names are weathered by now. Maybe we can go put new ones in?"

Serenity stood. "You don't know anything, you don't know what my life was like after you all left." She shook her head. "Do not act like you know the feeling, or anything about it!" With clenched fists she walked away a few paces and leaned against a tree. Never had she exploded on Robbie like that, perhaps CC or Atti but never Robbie.

Their group of four was all she had, after they had moved life went backwards for her. Serenity did not blame them for it, she blamed herself. "Look I'm sorry, but seriously I'm not a little girl. I don't need you sugar coating anything." She stated as she glanced back over at him. Anger filled her eyes more than anything.

"It's getting late, and I rather not get lost going back." She started to slowly walk back towards the camp.

He sighed. She was right. They had just left Serenity. Abandoned her. And he didn't know what to say about that. She was right - how could he know how she felt?

Still, she had never exploded at him like that and, whilst her apology helped, Robbie was left a little anxious about her.

He stood. "Yeah, we should get back" he murmured, trailing after her. His eyes were on the path, thinking about all the stuff that had happened between the four friends. If they were even friends anymore, deep down. That was why he didn't see the two figures ahead of them on the path or notice Serenity stop suddenly at the sight of them. He crashed into her back. "Sorry sorry" he mumbled, before looking up into two faces he hadn't seen in a very long time.

“Of course I’m ready to hear everything. Even the boring and mundane as I’m sure you’re well acquainted with.” Her tone was smug as she watched him lean against the tree, that look on his face making her want to scream. He had been her friend, one of few in fact, and now even with him she still felt the need to be standoffish and defensive. It wasn’t so easy to shake what she had grown so accustomed to. “Indeed. One always adapts to whatever is thrown at them. You don’t have a choice really. You either adapt or you’re left in the dust.” There was a firmness in her words, an almost justification as to why she had become the way she had.

“New names? In that old stupid tree? I’d much rather remove mine from it if it’s all the same to you, and of course you’re daft enough to want to go off into those woods in the dark. The trail was faint even then, and you want to try and navigate it in the dark? Still. I do wish to remove my name from that thing if it even still stands. It’s probably long since been kindling at one of these ridiculous campfires they clearly still do here. Can’t you smell it in the air? I’ll never get that horrid smell from my clothes. Fine material gone to waste at camp hell.” She shifted on her heels, her body language still posturing as was her attitude. “But fine. I’ll go. I’ll even lead the way. Anything to get any connection from me and this place….and so on wiped away.” She headed out in front of him down towards the path and into the woods glad for the moonlight and the stars as the night began to grow darker. Even with that light she still did not see the figure until it was too late. It was as if it had appeared out of nowhere, and after their collision she could make out the face. Pausing for a moment, she swallowed before asking the question she thought she never would again. “Serenity?” That was impossible. She had written to her so often, and at first, they had stayed in contact. It all seemed to stop all at once though. Little did she know her father was keeping all contact from her. The phone messages, the letters, anything Serenity sent her, he discarded it lying to her telling her there was nothing for her. He wanted his daughter to grow up and forget her past. Apparently she did just that. Robbie’s mumbled voice followed soon after, and her eyes widened. It simply could not be. “Robbie?” They were all there and together once more. What am I suppose to do now she thought.

Atti approached in the dark, not recognizing the silhouettes other than CC. Then as he heard her voice identify the other two, he smiled and stood beside CC. He had a smirk on his face "Well well well, looks like we have a very pleasant reunion going on here. Robbie, Serenity, it's really good to see you both here. Wow, the four of us back together again. What luck, huh?"

He approached Robbie and patted him on the back "How've you been man, it's been what, three years since you and I lost contact with each other?" He stepped between him and Serenity putting his arms around both of them "It's been a few years since I've lost contact with all of you actually. What luck, the four of us brought together again. Are the cards for the summer in our favor?"

He looked at Serenity, smiling at her "Everything back home in Cherryville still same ol' situation?"

"Ugh." She groaned feeling Robbie bump into her. Her eyes looked directly at CC, a face she wished she would never see again. The figure behind her stood tall and bulky but it was not long until she realized who it was. Atti... she thought to herself. "Yeah... It's me." She spat at CC as she uttered her name. Could tonight get any worse? She thought to herself

Feeling Atti wrap his arms around her and Robbie she side stepped pushing it away. "Keep your hands off of me." She pushed past them. "If your out here searching for that tree your a hundred yards off." She crossed her arms "It's still there, still standing and still hołding memories I'm sure we all want gone." She glanced at Atti.

"As if you care about Cherryville or how the situation is, if you did...." She smirked "Maybe you should go check for yourself." Seeing all three of them there practically standing ontop of one another made her sick. It was like she had been punched in the stomach numerous times over. "Enjoy your summer at Camp Hell." She started walking away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom