Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

4's Interest Check - Ideas Inside! Maybe cake, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

4Horsemen

Dust
Ahoy! Long time RPer, and I'm glad to be back as I've got some free time on my hands lately, and a guy can only fill it with non-internet friends so much before they become annoying with their constant desire to go to the mall. Am I right or am I right? So..that being said, I'm back, and am actively looking for some 1x1 pairings! I've listed a few plots below, but am always more than happy to develop a new story with the right partner, and I'm open to your ideas, too. Let's talk ground rules, shall we?

1. I'm a guy, and I'm sorry, but that's what I've got to play. This is for your benefit, trust me. I don't mind playing a female as a minor role if it's just going to come and go here and there, but you won't see me taking on a main character of the opposite sex. Call it what you will, it's just not me.

2. I know it sounds cliche, but I really do give what I receive as far as post length. I'm most comfortable with several paragraphs per post - this is obviously adjusted when there's a lot of dialogue, but we can work with whatever you're comfortable with.

3. I work in a body shop and play guitar for a hardcore band. This is my creative outlet to be a sensitive guy without getting jabbed in the ribs. That being said, I don't mind romance or cliches in my RPs. I just don't. Hell, I like it. Give me all the cheese you've got. I'm probably going to listen to the Avett Brothers while we write. Cool?

4. I'm happy to use whatever outlet you'd like, mostly. I know sometimes sites like this can go down, and that's always a bummer when you're in the middle of a good story. So, I often use things like Google Docs or just email to get through an RP. But like I said, I'm open to pretty much whatever. Not carrier pigeons, but, you know...

5. There's got to be a rule about limits, doesn't there? I don't have 'em. I'm an adult. If we're playing out a story that calls for certain themes, then so be it. I'm not going to play a dentist who randomly murders someone for no reason, no, but you get the idea. Also, that being said, I'd prefer to RP with an adult. If you're not over 18 and want to act out some adult themes, I'm sorry, but hanging out with me just ain't the place for you.

Onto some ideas that have been swirling around my head. Please don't take these short plot lines as the extent of my writing ability. I'm really all for building plots together, and not having every detail laid out, so they are summarized for a reason.
The Wrong Party

The basic idea revolves around a young man and woman. She is the daughter of a wealthy, well-respected Conservative Southern Senator. She's grown up in the limelight, and because of her good looks and her father's Kennedy-like fame, she has been primed from a very early age to take a certain path in life. Her every move is practically monitored, and she's as much of a political celebrity as there could possibly be, considering her family name.

The male character in this can be played two different ways (we can decide together which we'd like):

-He is a young man running for Senate in the same state as the long-standing politician. He's filled with fresh ideas, no matter how different they may be from what that area is used to. He and the young woman run into each other multiple times throughout the campaign trail and various events, starting out as nothing more than formal acquaintances brought together by media. But when they catch a few moments alone together here and there, they begin to see a friendship blossom - a friendship that would mean political suicide for him, and tarnish her family's name.

-The second option is more of a modern day 'rich meets poor' situation, in which he is nothing more than a street musician she meets while walking downtown one day, in an attempt to get away from the political craziness. When she stops to watch him for a few moments, she catches his eye, and he finds he has no idea of her status, which, of course, she instantly appreciates. As feelings develop between them, though, it's beyond clear he doesn't fit the mold of her family, and quickly gains nothing but her father's disapproval.

On The Road Again

He's a musician in a semi-popular indie-rock band. They are successful enough to tour a good portion of the year and make a living, but you won't find them on the cover of any magazine. He meets her one night in a bar where they're playing a show, where she's been dragged out to celebrate her birthday by a friend or two. After buying her a drink...or two, they seem to hit it off. But, of course, he gets the stereotype of flirting with women wherever he goes from her. And he quickly finds out she's married to an extremely successful businessman.

Still, he manages to get her number in a less-than-sober state, and spends the next few weeks on the road texting and talking to her whenever he gets a free chance. He eventually discovers that her marriage is not a happy one, and she knows of multiple infidelities, has unrealistic expectations put upon her from her husband, etc. Yet, she is a woman of her word, and can't bring herself to leave the man. Where this goes is up to the storytellers...

Living In Your Letters

This takes place in a modern-day war era (perhaps closer to early 2000s), when a High School Senior class is given an assignment to write a hand-written letter to a soldier overseas, in an effort to recreate the letters that were exchanged in previous wars, before the use of technology. When the young male soldier receives the student's letter, it instantly brightens his day, and for some reason, tugs on him more than he initially admits.

As they write back and forth over a series of months, a deep attachment begins to grow - they share things with each other that they don't share with others, and begin to wonder if its possible to fall for each other over a series of letters. Knowing his leave is coming shortly, he makes a point to show up...at her Senior Prom. Where it goes from here has been up to individuals, whether we decide to let their relationship blossom from there with ease, or play out the struggles of him returning to war, her going off to college, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom