Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fantasy Themed RP Game

Pazzo

Put me on your face. It will be fun.
Supporter
I'm entertaining ideas of running a Fantasy Sword and Sorcery style themed story. I want to see what level of interest there is here for such things. I had found another thread on here but was informed its no longer active *cry* *sob*

In terms of what Rules set we use, we can discuss that here. I have the most experience with World of Darkness and Dungeons and Dragons 3.x / Pathfinder. :D:D:D

I want to say now that excessive sex scenes that take away from the story will be frowned upon, and will bring the wrath of Pazzo upon you :p:p:p

I could be interested with the right setting, I do like sword and sorcery.

Heads up though, this isn't the forum for running a system, this is generally for more free form so you wouldn't have to be beholden to mechanics for any system.

As far as systems go I'm more familiar with pf and OSR materials like Swords & Wizardry, Dungeon Crawl Classics and Lamentations of the Flame Princess.

How do you intend to do dice rolls?

Im in for what ever system im most familar with DnD 3x and Pathfinder but willing to learn another system. Also wouldnt be against it being do over IM or such.

I might be down for this depending on the plot. Not much experience with roleplaying systems but I've been interested in trying them out, have some minor knowledge of pathfinder.

The system I propose to use is very easy to learn, and I will be using excel spreadsheets for everything since it will be done over computers and the internet.

Its a heavily modified system that is similar to Pathfinder /3.x but adapted to be a skill based system that does not use classes or an experience point system. ( I will edit this post later with more detail but right now real life demands my attention. Check back here on Saturday, when I will have more time)

I can likely accommodate up to 8 players, anything more than that and it bogs things down a little too much =(

Pazzo said:
I want to say now that excessive sex scenes that take away from the story will be frowned upon, and will bring the wrath of Pazzo upon you :p:p:p
You are aware that you are posting this on an Erotic Roleplaying Forum, aren't you? :)

Pazzo said:
I can likely accommodate up to 8 players, anything more than that and it bogs things down a little too much =(
Are you talking about a single group featuring up to 8 players or about up to eight single player adventures?

Cherubian;

Last time I checked this was primarily a writing site. I should like to reference this post here made by DarkAngel http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=34172

Yes, hot steamy sexual encounters with vivid description can happen, but I don't want that to be the main focus of the game. I am shooting for something more along the lines of a true adventure.

And on a forum a group of even 8 people is a lot for a single adventure, 4-6 would be easier but I can do 8 if there are enough people interested

The system I propose we use is a homebrew type that I made, and it borrows heavily from 3.x/ Pathfinder

Everything will be on excel spreadsheets for reference if we get this off the ground

What I did was keep the Abilities, Saving throws, hit points as they are, and then abolished the exp class based level system, and adapted it to be skill based

As such I added skills for specific weapons and styles of magic. To start you have many more skill points than in the books

There are no classes or levels or experience points in this revised system. If you want to advance your character, you will have to actively role-play them using their skills. As they use the skills (Successfully or not) they will slowly advance. To build up hitpoints you would have to put skill points in endurance. To become more skilled with a shortsword you will have to practice with one. To gain acess in higher levels of alteration magic you will have to research from existing libraries and cast Alteration magic as you go along. There is no waiting for the next chunk of XP to advance, you will advance a little bit each session, instead of all at once from some pre-determined level of experience.

There are no character classes or feats in this game like 3x or Pathfinder. If you want a fighter type character, spend all of your initial skill points in a few hand or ranged weapons, armor and shield skills, and possibly weapon smithing or armor repair. If you want a Wizard, spend your skill points in knowledge arcana and the various schools of magic. If you want a druid, you would put your skill points into things like knowledge nature, herbalism, animal lore, nature magic etc. The possibilities are endless and not as strict, allowing for more flexibility.

The magic system is likewise heavily revamped. Spells are not memorized and assigned to slots before an adventure. I have elected to have a more traditional Magic Points (MP) system for Wizards, and a Fatigue point accumulation system for Sorcerers, (There are various styles of magic in this game)

I like this system better than the 3.x because it forces players to focus on the story, and developing their characters through usage. It also eliminates their obsession with books and wanting to stop play to reference some rule somewhere to give their character an advantage.

I would prefer to stay away from the more extravagant hybrid races, as such a character would be extremely powerful. To call it safe choose from your standard collection of fantasy races. (IE Elves, orcs, dwarves, gnomes, halflings, half orcs, tieflings etc.)

If your character was to have dragon blood, it would have to be at least 6 or 7 generations removed. You would have extraordinary abilities but nothing outside of the power range of the rest of the group

That system sounds real good to me, I like it. Do you have a story planned or are we going to come up with one once we have our group finalized?

I have a story planned =)

All of the characters have been abducted and placed inside of an interdimensional shard realm, (similar to undermountain) for some unknown purpose. They will have to use what they can find to survive, but wont start with any equipment besides raw burlap coverings.

I certainly hope so. What would be easiest for me is to do it in the forums as I have time. It might be slow going but I will do my best. I only have one open RP atm with Lunlun, and that will give you guys an idea as to my writing style

Alright, I have a provisional character sheet set up in Microsoft excel. What will likely happen is that I will post a picture of a room, with colored dots denoting the characters positions. I will describe the scene in vivid detail, and everyone will make an action post / posts, once everyone actively playing says "DM Ready, action #####" in out OOC chatter section, I will continue the storyline

This will likely be slow and long term, and at the very minimum (Barring special circumstances) I can guarantee you all one good post per week, but I will usually average 3-4

Hopefully this makes it past the first page. Sadily these games don't last long and this one sounds amazing.

Back
Top Bottom