Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Promotion - A Romantic Piece

Princeoflight

Planetoid
He was walking up and down his room nervously. The constant ticking of the clock was driving him nuts. His heart was pumping, as he kept mentally rehearsing what he would say. He loathed the idea of his girlfriend, moving into another city for a job promotion. But, he didn't like the idea of standing in her way either. She hadn't said anything either, and now the task of having to tell her was weighing on his mind. He didn't know what to do or how to say it. He was hopelessly caught in dire straits of confusion.

She was watching TV at that moment. He wanted to tell her soon, not wanting to lose their relationship. But, he had no idea what to tell her. He had been avoiding her and answered monosylabically ever since she told him about the promotion because he wasn't sure how to handle it. This had been their first relationship.

Suddenly, she entered the room, akimbo and said. "Hey, why aren't you talking to me ? Don't you love me anymore ?" with her cute expression of indignation. "And, why are you walking up and down the room when you told me you didn't want to go for a walk with me in the afternoon ?" she asked, the hurt apparent.

He paused and then walked up to her. He didn't know, what quite to say and was getting more and more nervous with every passing moment. "Well, I ... uh ..I " he said. Looking at her there was only one thing that he could do. He quickly picked her up, slammed her into the wall cushioning her head with his hands and enveloped her lips with his own. His tongue penetrated her mouth as he tried to convey his desperation without words. He kissed her like he would never see her again.

Altough taken by surprise, she quickly moaned and messaged the back of her boyfriend's head. She loved his kisses. He had many different types of kisses. Some conveyed love, some lust, some teased her and drove her wild, some calmed her down, some cheered her up, some infected her with desire. In this kiss, however, she could sense ... sadness.

She broke the kiss and said, "Honey, wait." Her eyes filled with concern. "What's wrong ? Are you sad for some reason ?"

"Yes," he said with a solemn expression. "I love you."

"Well, that's hardly something to be sad about." she said with a giggle.

"No, it's just " he said with some degree of worry, "I know it's a great oppurtunity for you and everything, but .."

"But, what ?" she asked with concern. "Tell me" she said encouragingly.

"I don't want you to go. I want you here with me. I'll really miss you, and I don't want to lose our relationship " he told her not sure how she would take it.

"Sweetie." she said and rubbed her nose with his. "Why didn't you tell me before ? I wasn't really that keen anyway. There was that feeling in the back of my mind that I shouldn't take it. I didn't talk about it, because there wasn't any logical reason behind it. It was just instinct. And, everytime I asked you how you felt about it, you always dodged the question and told me how good it was for my career. My instinct was against it. I just needed to hear you say it. I just need to ask you one thing, and please tell me honestly." she said, looking into his eyes.

"What ?" his expression was ecstatic. He never dreamt it would be this easy.

"Would you do it for me ?" she asked him.

"In a heartbeat." he replied honestly, looking straight into her eyes.

She wrapped her arms around him, since her legs were anyway wrapped around his waist. A very tight hug pulled the happy couple close to each other.

"Now," she whispered enticingly into his ear. "Where were we ?"

They fell onto either side of the bed in panted breath, and sheer exhaustion.

"Wow, that was great." he said, looking up and then turning towards her. "I love roleplaying that night." he said.

"Any kind of roleplay is always great." she said, in a slightly absentminded tone, still in a world of her own from that orgasm.

He put one hand over her stomach and held her in a hug. He kissed her cheek softly. The placement of his hand was slightly below her navel, yet tantalisingly above her womanhood. He had mastered teasing her, over the years.
She pretended to not know what he was doing and allowed her husband to keep his hand there. It flattered her that she still inspired that desire in him.

"What have your favourite roleplays been ?" he asked.

She turned to face him and found his adoring eyes already ready for her. She could have stared into those eyes forever.

"Oh. I don't know where to begin. We've really done it all haven't we ?" and giggled. He tried to record the sound of that giggle in his mind. It reminded him of a waterfall, and it had still not lost it's charm.

"We've had more sex than most people and we've only ever been with each other." he said, in agreement.

"Well, that's not true. We have been with other people." she told him naughtily.

"What do you mean ?" he said, his voice suddenly becoming serious. He got quite worried.

"Well, I've been with a romantic, a pirate, a salesman, a caveman, a painter and so much more." she said with another giggle, refering to the various roles they had played with each other over the years. She adored the expression of relief that came upon his face, as he joined in her laugh.

"But my favourite would be " she said in a sexy tone and placed her index finger on his chest. " that time I was married to a nice, sweet, kind guy and you were the sadomasochistic lover, who didn't care about me, save in one way. The sadistic extra marital lover, who abused me and made me love every moment. Who took me to wild, wild places and constantly reminded me of my place by taking control away from me and nearly killing me with orgasms." she said the words like an actress. She rolled her eyes, and waved her hand swinging the intonation as she narrated it.

"I've enjoyed all our roleplays where you gave me a real, hard, fucking." she paused. She always loved how aroused he became when he heard her say things like that. "The ones where you were playing a ravisher, and you just took me off my feet, tore my clothes and threw me onto the bed and ate me like an animal. I loved the ones where we played enemies and you wrestled away all control away from me, and made me surrender to you in deeper and deeper ways." She was loving this exchange. She knew he was getting turned on since she saw his hard on getting harder and harder. "What were your favourite moments, love ?" she asked him, wanting to know his opinons. His middle finger was a whisker away from her womanhood now.

He looked into her eyes, as she asked her question. He loved the sincerity in her eyes. Every time she asked him something, she always looked to genuinely listen to him. Being given that absolute attention and trust from her had always made him feel flattered. It won his heart every time. The authenticity of their relationship was something that he had dreamt about as a child, and was forever grateful to God, for the fruition of his dreams.

"I liked the nights we were talking till dawn. I liked the times we kissed each other's pain, hurt and sadness away. I enjoyed the nights where we danced in celebration. I like how our souls are forever dancing on the spiritual plane. Even when we're not having physical sex, our energies are always with each other. Every hug, every line we say to each other, every kiss. I loved the times when we were more ourselves than any other, even under the guise of being another. I loved the times we made love all night and our souls became one." he told her honestly.

He eyes lit up. "Aww ... My big softie romantic husband." she said, and turned towards him to cuddle into him.

"Guilty as charged."

There were a few moments silence till he could no longer keep it within him anymore. "Do you regret it ? Not taking the promotion ?", he asked anxiously.

She withdrew from him and looked into his eyes and said, "Not for one moment. You've been such a great husband and we have such a happy life together, with a family we never would have had I taken it. I don't regret it. Not for one moment." She softly kissed his lips to assure him.

"You're right. Love is all there is in the world. I don't think money and knowledge have any real value beyond everyday living. None of my material possessions mean much to me, and I'm sure it, like knowledge, will leave me someday. What matters now are the people I helped and the people I loved. I'm so happy that we both always chose to come home early and prioritised our relationship and family more than our careers. It leaves me feeling so fulfilled as I walk into the sunset."

"I don't know about knowledge and money, but you sure haven't lost your eloquence yet, love."

"Well, that's because my muse is right here." he said, and they both laughed as he rubbed his nose with her's.

"I love that I can tell you anything and we have no secrets from each other. Remember that one time I had this crush on a colleague, and I told you about it. You weren't judgeamental at all. Those kind of secrets bought us closer." she told him smilingly. "I remember how we decided to roleplay that you were him and I started calling you his name." she broke into an infectious laugh at this point. " and you intentionally came in 25 seconds before I could even get warmed up. And then told me that he was horrible in bed after that." That was such a funny day. In fact, she loved how they both used such circumstances to come closer to each other.

He laughed with her as he remembered what he had done. That was funny indeed.

Suddenly, he turned her around and pinned both her hands on either side of her head.
"Hey ! You're mine, okay ? Only mine !" looking square into her eyes. He sat by her, with his knees on either side.

"Yes, everything I have is yours. I"m completely yours and you're completely mine." she said, and surrendered into his hands.

He gave her a smile, and bent down to give her a soft kiss on her lips. No words were necessary. They looked into each other's eyes and they smiled liked idiots. Magic flew in between them, their souls were doing another one of their notorious dances. Something broke his concentration. Being in the state of absolute vulnerability had bought tears into his eyes.

He ran his fingers, lightly aroung her cheek and towards her lips.
"Darling, don't " his voice broke as he tried to finish the sentence. "Please don't take the promotion." he said with great difficulty. His voice cracked.

She took his hand in hers and gave it a kiss. She looked into his eyes and said, with some difficulty of herself. "This promotion isn't optional, love."

They both had tears in their eyes. She tried to continue to speak, and stroked his cheek. "I've loved every moment that we have had together, and don't you worry. You will not get rid of me with this promotion." she said, with a weak smile. They both had tears in their eyes at the inevitable seperation. Neither bothered to say anything, because words at this juncture were so hopelessly incompetent.

-----

He woke up to find his eyes watery. The first rays of dawn had greeted him. He could never get used to the overawing emptiness on the pillow beside him.
It had been a month but in his dreams, he kept re-living their last days over and over again. He made his way slowly to the bathroom to brush his teeth.

He saw the teary, 80 year old man looking back at him and told him, "You know, it won't be long till I get that promotion myself."

Back
Top Bottom