Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Maiden and The Reaper Ankou

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamette

Queen of Obscure Pairings
I would really love to do an RP involving the Reaper Ankou, and a Mortal woman who is 17 going on 18.

I got inspired after watching R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour's Episode: Mrs. Worthington. It was about a young boy, who is an artist and his forever bullied by his big sister. That all changes when his drawing of an old woman named Mrs. Worthington, who dishes out punishments to bad kids, comes to life and becomes their own babysitter for the evening...

I have certain layout/concept in my head, but they are more highlights. Hopefully my potential partner can help fill in holes.

As said above, I was thinking my character too, is an artist and his bullied by her classmates. Along with some of town-folk. That is set in some small American Victorian village, but updated to now times. She lives with her step grandmother(She was dumped there by her parents.Since that day, she pretty much wrote them off.) who doesn't understand her, and merely loves her as she thinks obligated too..Since her son become her stepfather. But her step grandmother isn't a wicked step relative, but she could better. She would love to be part of the clicks in the school, to have a boyfriend, she is indeed lovely and sad and hides behind smiles. Her only escape from reality is her romance novels. or books on forelores/legends, and her own writings and musings.

And she is wise enough to understand, to these tales there is always some form of truth. Only little does know, that they are about 80% true. I see she ends up summoning Ankou, without even realizing it. Or she finds at the town's old graveyard, by some odd happenstance. (As I see her grandmother's home isn't to far from the town's graveyard. She can look out her bedroom window and see it. )

I also want to work with the tags, Romance, Kidnapping, force married, forming a contract

------------------
Here is some little information of Ankou (which will help you deiced, if you want to click on the link, or not)
The Ankou appears in many tales gathered from oral tradition. As such his description does not always correspond from one tale to another. He is always described as a tall and thin figure clad in black Breton garments, sometimes with glowing eyes, wearing a large felt hat concealing his face, standing up in a creaking cart similar to the ones used during the Middle-Age to gather corpses, in which he gathers the souls of the deads, and wielding a scythe whose blade is turned outward for striking forward instead of reaping, which glows under the moonlight, His most common depiction is that of a tall and skinny ageless man, with long white hair, and a gaunt, haggard face, wearing a black cloak or cape. His cart is said to be drawn by two horses, one in perfect health and the other skinny and ill-looking, although some speak of four horses, and others speak of just one gaunt-looking one.

In my version, I personally make him one of Death's (The Grim Reaper/The Lord of the Dead) right hand men.

The Ankou is said to roam around graveyards, watching over the dead souls residing here. When his cart is empty, he charges it with heavy stones, removing some whenever he takes a soul in. As such, it is believed that when the noise of a falling stone is heard during a funeral wake, it is the Ankou who is readying his cart for the soul of the recently departed. Some also say that he sharpens his scythe on a human bone.
------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom