Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

This Magic Moment [citizenanon, nightsorceress]

Lillian smiled as he bumped her. It was nice to have someone else around. She felt less lonely. "Thanks for understanding." She wiped her eyes one more time then got to her feet. "I think that's all the training I have for today, how about a drink, I fully stocked bar." She laughed a bit "come on I'll even making you dinner as a thank you for putting up with my tears"

"Of course, Lillian." Noah said. He stood up with her when she moved to her feet and looked contemplative at the offer of a drink and was curious what 'fully stocked' meant in her world. At the offer of dinner, he actually arched an eyebrow, "Dinner and drinks, huh?" He nodded slightly, but stopped and gave her a paranoid look, "You cook? Or is there conjuring magic for food too?"

"I could conjure something however it never taste as good as home cooking. I hope you don't mind dragon tongue with a side a mashed newt eyes." She paused a moment before she started giggling she of course was joking with him. "Cornish game hens sound alright or would you like something else?" She started to head up the stairs back to the large kitchen waiting for his answer.

Noah gave her a blank look as she offered the tongue and eyes, but did let out a relieved breath when she giggled at her own joke. As he followed her up, he started to think about it. "Well, the dragon tongue does have me curious. I feel I'd have to eat a lot of newt eyes before I'd get anything worth considering, so hen is fine."

He glanced around the kitchen and was reminded of a few of his earliest jobs. "What can I do to help?"

Lillian went to the fridge and got two hens out and set them in the sink as she got a roasting pan. "No I invited you to stay for dinner and I certainly will not be putting you to work." She smiled as she continue to move around the kitchen. She very natural in the kitchen just as she was very natural with magic. In no time flat she had the hens roasting away in the oven. She then looked to Noah. "Alright well those will need to cook how about I get you a drink and we sit in the living room. What's your poison."

Noah nodded along at her reasoning for him to sit back and be lazy with dinner for tonight. She did not have to tell him twice! "Okay, if you insist." As she worked, Noah followed her with his eyes while his hands went through several practice exercises with a coin that helped keep his abilities sharp. The coin appeared in one hand first and then the other before he flipped it over his knuckles and made it disappear again. "Scotch on the rocks if you have it. If not, whatever you're having." Noah dropped the coin into his pocket and moved to follow Lillian through the house.

Lillian moved through the house until she same to a room with a pool table and a very large bar. This was the type of room where men would retreat to have cigars and Brandi and talk about the triumphs of being men. Lillian walked behind the bar."Scotch drinker. Well I have a wide assortment of scotches let find you a good one." She produced a glass with ice in it and then produced a bottle that had clearly marked 25 year old songle malt scotch on it. She poured into the glass before sliding it over to him. "Let me know if you don't like I have others" as he sipped his she produced a bottle of rum, ginger beer, and lime wedges. She then add ice to a glass and add the rum and squeezed the lime wedge and then added the ginger beer.

Noah was looking around the room as Lillian talked to him about her collection of Scotch. It was an interesting room and he could almost feel and hear the things that had taken place here before. The room exuded comfort and relaxation. He caught the drink as she slid it to him and raised it before nodding to her and sipping the strong whiskey. He smiled as it lightly numbed his tongue and smoothly went down.

"This is perfect, though it's been many years since I've had a dark and stormy." Noah leaned against the bar and watched Lillian for a minute. "There's a lot of ambiance here. I can almost feel or hear the comfort and relaxation that took place here." Noah concentrated for a moment on a thought and set his hand down on the bar and tapped his fingers in a smooth rhythm of something he could just hear on the edge of his perception. It was a song or notes of somesort, but he had no idea what.

Lillian smiled as she finished making her drink and coming around the other side of bar. "About two years ago I had council member staying with me, he was from grand cayman he made me a dark and stormy and I have loved them ever since." She sipped her drink. She looked around the room as he brought attention to it. She was so use to every room in the house, she sometimes forgot how magical the house could be. "This room has diffently seen a lot. So has this home I guess. The house was passed down through the generations of my family."

"So I see." Noah responded as he glanced around the room. "Is that normal? For rooms and items to... absorb magic over a long period of time?" It was a very interesting idea and he wondered what some of the really old magical buildings would be like. If a house that was several generations old felt like this, what did something that was thousands of years old act like?

Noah paused at the thought and looked at Lillian. "Question. Are ghosts real?"

"It is possible for items to absorb magic if exposed long enough, but I wouldn't say it normal." She shrugged a little bit she never really given it much thought. She took a sip of her drink as he asked about ghost. "They are really but not in they way your thinking. Sprites don't attach themselves to place and haunt them, in fact they don't haunt at all. Sprites are always with us, but they can only appear to us if it is a moment of great importance or urgency. They can't just pop in to say hi, you know what I mean ?"

That just opened up even more questions to Noah! He sipped his scotch and pressed the cool glass between his two hands as he considered his next question. "Okay, so there are spirits all around us and I'm sure there are those that are more sensitive to them than others. I've got that, but who or what determines what is of great importance or urgency? Does something happen to the spirit when they do make an appearance?"

Lillian thought for a moment "you know I honestly don't know. After my parents died I hoped they would come to me but they never did" she tried to think of anyone she knew have a sprite come to them and she couldn't think of anyone "I think I need to read up on it more before I can give any sort of real answer. Wish I could tell you more though." She took a sip of her drink "so I am sure you have a girl friend what are you going to tell her about why you are spending so much time with another woman"

"I would venture to say that your parents have raised you well, Lillian and you're certainly not a weak person. Perhaps the reason no one has appeared is that you don't have a need for it." Noah sipped at his drink. "On a slightly different note, no, I'm single. I don't have to explain anything to anyone really. Friends won't care, they'll see it as some kind of extravagant stunt or something and I was my own entertainment manager, so there's no one there to hold me accountable." He raised his drink, "What about you? Got a Mr. Wizard hidden somewhere?"

Lillian thought about what he said about her not being weak and raised right. Perhaps it was true but at time she didn't feel it. "I am shocked you do not have a girlfriend if you don't mind me saying so, you are handsome and kind I figured you had girls falling for you every night." She looked down at her glass a moment when he asked her if she had someone "I don't have anyone, it's just me and this big old house." She shrugged a bit "I guess I am just to busy to have a boyfriend or I am to intimidating I don't know, but at this point I have never had a boyfriend"

"It's fairly hard to keep other people happy when I'm doing six shows a week." Noah admitted. He had forsaken a lot of personal relationships for his craft and occasionally regretted it, but that almost always fell away in front of an amazing crowd. "I have to admit, I'm a bit astonished to hear you're single. Attractive girl, magic powers, big ol' house..." Noah shrugged a bit, "I don't suppose you date outside of the magical world much, eh? Hard to explain yourself I bet."

"I do understand how your passion can get in the way of romance." She took a sip of her drink and looked at him. "I have never actually dated anyone. I mean who would want to go out with someone who spends more of her time reading about magic and helping the council than having fun." She shrugged a little but there once again was a sadness about her. It was pretty clear her whole world was inside the wall of her house.

"Never?" Noah did not immediately believe her, but who would lie about something like that after the sharing they had done so far in the night. "Well, maybe you should have a little fun then, Lillian." Noah shrugged, "Granted, I was entertaining more than being entertained, but even I had a bit of fun."

Noah cocked his head a bit. "What do you like doing for fun?"

The past week had been a strange study in opposites. On one hand, it had been immensely rewarding. Noah was proficient in slowing himself down while falling now and a small host of other very small magical effects. It was something he had never thought possible. On the other hand, it was immensely frustrating. He was not progressing as quickly as he would have liked and more often than not, he failed at whatever he was attempting to learn.

Not just that, but his instructor was becoming something of a distraction herself.

He had been able to ignore it at first. He had been around attractive women often in his line of work as a magician, but there was something about Lillian that distracted him at the worst of times. Often when he was attempting something and she would get a half excited look on her face... that was when he lost the ability to focus.

At any rate, he hoped to progress faster now, but it would depend on how well he performed. Right now, he was standing outside of her doorway. He raised his hand to knock and glanced around before focusing hard on the door knocker. The small metal piece twitched a few times before pulling back and slamming down on the door to let her know he was here.

Lillian was surprised and excited on how well her student was doing. The council had warned her from the beginning that she may not see any progress for months and here he was already getting stronger. She hoped that Noah also realized how well he was doing.

Lillian also really enjoyed having Noah as her student. She was was starting to become attracted to him and found herself trying to look pretty even when she knew that he probably didn't see that as someone he could be a attracted to, but she couldn't help herself.

She heard him knock on the door she was sitting in the library looking over books again. With a flick of her wrist the door opened letting him. "I'm in the library" she called out to him knowing by now he knew enough of her house to find the library on his own.

Noah stepped inside the magical home and set his motorcycle helmet on the small table near the door. He shrugged off his leather jacket and hung it up as had become his habit before he shut the door and made his way through the house to her library. He was dressed simply in jeans and a black t-shirt and was ready to get the day's training underway. As he approached the library, he paused in the doorway and spared Lillian a long glance before coming inside.

"Hey, how's everything going?" He asked and casually sat across from her in one of the more comfortable chairs. "Anything interesting going on?"

Lillian hadnt even noticed him standing in the doorway watching her. She busy reading a page and taking notes. It wasn't until he actually spoke that she looked up. She looked tired as if she had been pouring over those pages all night. "There was an attack last night it has the the whole magical community up in arms." She leaned back in her chair. "Someone tried to take something from the councils archives, no one is sure yet what the individual could have wanted but they do know that the person was able to get through two layers of protection spells before the were stopped by the other protection spells"

"Huh, what kind of things are stored in the archives?" Noah did not know enough to really be upset at the news. It sounded bad, but for all he knew, this could have been like robbing a town hall. "with all the protective magic, it must be important. Whatever it is."

Noah sat back I'm his chair and looked at Lillian. She looked exhausted. "When was the last time you are something?"

"It was important or at least the council thinks it was." She knew it sounded strange so she knew she had to explain. "The room and that archive has to do with my family. My family has always been powerful in our world and it is said that my family has stored and protected the greatest secrets of magic there. That we were the only ones that could access that room. However that ended with my parents they never got the chance to show me how to access it, but now with the attack I have spent all night reading over my family's journals and history trying to figure out if they left any clues" she then slammed the book she open in frustration "I have found nothing"

"Then it sounds like it's time to get a breath of fresh air and let your subconscious do your work for you. Come on, I'll take you out and get you a bite to eat. You can tell me more about how we are going to bees k bro the archive before the would be thief tries again." he paused." at least, that is what I'm assuming you plan on doing. Either way, dinner and a milkshake. I'm buying."

Back
Top Bottom