Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

This Magic Moment [citizenanon, nightsorceress]

"Unless there were people working day after day to make sure it was never exposed...people like me" she paused a moment and drew a deep breath she had never had to have this conversation with any so she not sure how to fully handled it but tried her best. "I am a witch you see, I have real magic, magic you saw in my eye earlier tonight which you would only be able to see if you were one too"

Noah did not say anything immediately and did not dismiss her claims out of hand, but he did look at her curiously as he opened his bottle of water and took a sip from it as if he were giving himself time to think.

"Okay." He started, "You do realize you can't just drop a bombshell like that and then not back it up. If you're a... witch..., then let's see some of your magic." Noah settled back into the comfortable couch and waited to see what she could do.

Lillian had to think a moment how to prove to the illusionist that he magic was real. She didn't want it to be anything to cheesy like make a flower appear out thin air that was was a common enough parol trick then she got an idea it was a little bit silly but it would prove her point. "Alright" she said with a smile and then sounds could be heard from the kitchen sound like shuffling and the sound drew closer to the room and it was a broom and dust pan sweeping up the hard wood floor it was like something out of a disney movie. Then to floating into the library came a father duster dusting. "The house is to large for me clean on my own without some help."

Noah watched the dancing and shuffling brooms for a long moment as if trying to figure out exactly what he was seeing and exactly how it worked. This was straight out of a Disney film. That much he was certain. He closed his eyes for a moment before opening them back up and looking at the still moving cleaning tools.

"Okay. So you can animate some kind of cleaning stuff. I'm sure that's just scratching the surface." Inside, Noah had to stamp down on part of him that was threatening to freak the fuck out. "Do you fly a broom too?"

She was shocked that he did not fly from the room freaking out she figured she would have to stop him. Suddenly the items in the room stopped their cleaning and fell to the floor just resting there. She smiled as he asked if she flew on a broom "and what use it to play quidditch" she snapped her fingers and suddenly appeared behind him her hands resting on his shoulders to let him know she was suddenly there. "No need to use a broom" she then snapped her fingers and she sitting back in her chair across from him

Noah had not jumped when the brooms came in or even when they fell to the floor. Nor did he move when she disappeared, but when he felt the touch of her hand, he was on his feet faster than he could even blink.

"Don't do that!" He argued and clutched at his chest for a long moment as he stared at her now sitting form. "Jesus, what is wrong with you?" His heart rate began to calm as he realized there was no danger and he managed to sit back down. "okay... Okay... you think I can do these things?"

Lillian smiled to herself at hai reaction. "I am sorry but it was so worth it" she let out a little giggle as he sat back on the couch. "I just don't think you can do these things I know you can, but before you can begin to learn you will have to make sacrifices and one very big one." She looked down "your act”

When she mentioned sacrifices, the very first thing that came to his mind was virgins, pentagrams, and goat footed devils, but when she continued on and mentioned his act, he frowned. "Why my act? It's all simple illusions. You saw for yourself how easy that last one was." He was still not making a connection because to him, he was doing nothing short of being a showman and using props. "And just how am I to survive and make a living? The act is my main source of income."

She knew that it was not something he was going to like but there was little choice it was against the rules. "I am sorry but you must, it's to risky you could expose magic, especially as your learning and your powers grow one simple flick of your wrist could result in exposure." She paused a moment "I know it's a big choice to be made and there is no hurry but if you choose your act over your magic then we will bind your magic so there are no risk."

"Okay, so what does a magic user such as yourself do then?" Noah asked as he digested what she had told him about having his 'magic' bound somehow. Of course, after a bit of thought, that did make sense, but he did not like the style of ultimatum that he was being given just now. Still, there was little he could do to negotiate at this exact moment. "My act is a danger in exposing magic, okay. I suppose I see that, but doesn't that work with many other jobs and hobbies?"

"Most witches are taught their magic at a very young age, like teaching a child to walk or talk, it's simple how they are raised so by adulthood witches have their magic firmly under control. However in your case for whatever reason you didn't have that, so for you learning will be much more difficult and the risk of exposure much greater." She paused and took a sip of her water "it could take years for you to fully learn everything you should have been taught as a child. With that understanding the council will offer to help with your living expenses until your trained." She didn't realize that she hadn't really talked about the council or much of the magic world to her it was all as natural as breathing.

"Well that is very kind of them." there was no snark in his tone as he spoke. He really meant that it was a kind gesture. After all, they did not have to help. "You have mentioned a council several times now. Who are they? Do they just sit around trying to protect your realm? Are they a bunch of old, bearded Merlin look alikes?" so maybe that had been a little snarly. "Will they be training me?"

Lillian smiled a bit at his idea of what the council looked liked "the council was actually started by family hundreds of years ago. It sort of a governing body for witches making sure no one is abusing magic of using it for evil. Some day I will be part of council as it is my bloodline but for now I just help how I can and you are my assignment. I will most likely be the one to train you if you wanted to learn your magic"

"Ah." It was the only sound he could make as he processed everything that had happened to him. He would have someone assist him in learning the magic, someone to ensure that he could continue to live. All he had to do was close his show down. On the one hand, he loved his show. On the other, it was real magic that supposedly he could learn to master and use. "Okay, so let's say that I join your group of magic users and take to the training. What happens afterwards? Do I hunt down other users and bring them in? Are there many evil magic users? Do they fight?" He was sorely tempted, but wanted to know more.

"First we not some group like a boy band, this a way of life, this is who we are, who you are if you choose it." She sighed " as for what happens afterwards that we will have to wait and see. See what your talents, see even want to work with the council or if you want to do something else have a normal job."

"Okay, so there's nothing stopping magic users from rejoining the non-magical world after the training is complete if they choose to?" Noah sat back in the chair and became pensive as he thought about the offer. In all honesty, there was not much to think about. Either he had magic and wanted to explore that because... magic. If they turned out to be wrong, he could go back to his normal, every day existence. Extremely disappointed, but back to normal.

"Okay. How do we start?" He asked as he looked up to catch Lillian's eyes. It was time to jump in head first and hope there was water in the pool.

She was startled when he suddenly was eager to begin his training she figured he would need to think about it after all he was giving up what he knew, but she smiled she was glad he was not going to turn his back on this. "Well you need to do whatever you need to close down your show. Also I need to let the council know so they can help with expense. You have a choice you can stay at your place or no love in here with me living with me would give you more exposure to our world but that is your choice." Her home was very large and he would no problem having privacy.

"I can close it down tomorrow. There is a two day break in the show and I can use that to find my way out of the contract." Of course, he would lose out on a bit of money, but he had a cash stash and it would not hurt him all that much. He could afford it in the name of trying to learn real magic. He considered the options. "I think, for now at least, I'll maintain my own apartment. It's not terribly far from here."

Noah stood up and stretched. "That said, I should probably run out for the evening. I'll have plenty to do tomorrow with the show. When do you want to start the training? After tomorrow, my schedule should be cleared up."

As if almost on qie the old grandfather cloak in the corner of the library began to sound alerting the two it was midnight already. Lillian rose from her chair as well "well then we can start the day after tomorrow, just come by when your ready, my schedule will be completely open now since you are my new charge." She had never done this before but she knew she could do it. It would just take time.

"Tomorrow then." Noah agreed and began to make his way towards the front door. Very soon, he was outside in the dark and walking towards his bike. He looked around at everything before taking a deep breath and walking away from her house. He kicked his motorcycle into gear and sped off. His mind was full of everything he had learned that night and continued to process the new, unusual change in his life. Tonight he would begin closing everything out. The next day would be huge. He could feel it in his bones already.

He just hoped that it was not a mistake.

Bright and early the next morning, Noah showed up at the club and tendered his resignation. They raked him over the coals in regards to the contract, but he had fully expected that. He even let them keep the materials for the next showman to come through the door. Just after lunch, Noah walked back out into the daylight and looked around. It was overcast and would likely storm later that day.

Perfect for his trip into the dark arts.

He assumed it would not be a black magic or dark trip as she had warned against that, but it was still amusing in his mind to think about it. Noah began to make his way towards Lillian's house.

Lillian was surprised really how well he took things. She figured it would be a lot harder to get him to understand and basically want to give up everything to learn magic. When he left that night she just crashed she knew the next day she would need to speak to the council and then she would need to get ready to begin his training.

The next day she went and explained everything to the council. At first they were as shocked as she as however they quickly gave her all the tools she would need to begin his training. Now all that was left to do was wait for her student to arrive.

It was mid afternoon when Noah arrived back at Lillian's house. He rolled to a stop outside of the building and glanced up at the old structure. Magic. He was going to learn real, no illusions, magic. He could scarcely believe it. Hell, if he could just learn the teleport thing that she did, he would consider it worth the trouble.

Noah had to take a deep breath to steady himself before he got off the motorcycle. He set his helmet down on the seat and took the steps up to her front door two at a time. Outside at the door, he reached up and gave the knocker a good pounding before waiting for Lillian to respond. He was fairly sure she heard the motorcycle, but he could not be sure.

Lillian was ready and waiting for when he would come. She couldn't wait to show him all the wonder their world had to offer. When she heard his bike pull up she went to the door and when he knocked she opened it right away. "Well hello, come on in and let's get started." She said with an smile and letting him enter her home again. "I just would like to make sure you didn't change your mind and still want to learn because now would be the time to change your mind"

"Change my mind?" Noah asked and smiled at his newest instructor and short term (at least for the next few hours) host. She really was an attractive young woman. Seemed right at home dressed up a bit for the show and even more at home the night before dressed down and comfortable. She struck him as a bit of a mystery. One that he was sure he would figure out given the time to. "No, I think this morning would have been my last chance to walk away. Now I'm pretty much set for the course." He really could not go back and try to renegotiate his contract. They'd give him hell about it and probably not let him back in. "So where do we start?"

"Alright Noah if your sure then follow me" she said with a little smile. She closed the door to her home and lead him through the grand hallway. She then moved through the kitchen and down a sit of stairs to whatin a normal home would be a basement, In this case it looked as if was a massive training area one like would see in a martial arts studio. In the center of the room there was a ladder that was about 6ft tall and some mats she turned and looked him at him with a mystery smile on her face "magic is all about emotions, believing and trusting yourself. With out that you will never be able to master your powers, so this will teach you to trust yourself. Climb to the top of the ladder and fall. Trust your magic and it should stop you before you hit the mat"

Back
Top Bottom