Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

This Magic Moment [citizenanon, nightsorceress]

She laughed "oh so you had your needs for going to the bar" she couldn't believe he wanted to hear her sing again she didn't think she was any good. She watched as traffic passed by and watched the world change. She grew quiet as they drew closer to the cemetery. When they pulled to the gates she was as white as a sheet. Once he passed through the gate she was shaking. As she told him where to go.

Noah was not unaware of her shaking or how she was feeling at the moment. It was radiating off of her like waves of ice. Slowly, he pulled the car to a stop. The crypt was in view, but there was a short walk towards the stone building. Noah reached out and took her hand and gave it a squeeze. "Lily, take a deep breath. I'm going to be with you the whole way."

After cutting the engine and pocketing the keys, Noah gave her hand another squeeze. He stepped out of the vehicle and the day's warmth did little to get rid of chill that he was feeling from Lily. He stepped around the car and opened her door to help her out. He offered his hand to help her out and give her what support he could.

Her eyes locked on the crypt and she went numb. She felt like she couldn't breath. She felt his fingers wrap around hers and she squeezed his tight. Suddenly though it was gone she clawed to find his hand again but he was already outside the car and too her door. She got out of the car and quickly reached for his hand again.

They started walking to the crypt her feet felt heavy like they were covered in cement. Her heart raced in her chest as the neared the door. She looked at Noah wanting to turn back wanting to run.

Noah stopped when she stopped. They were right outside the crypt and he could feel the magic radiating off of the building. Warring against that was Lily's own reluctance. He frowned a moment and gave her hand a squeeze. "You're almost there, Lily." He said. "You're just a couple steps away." Noah grabbed her hand with both of his and stepped closer to the crypt to force her to either fight him or step closer to the building.

Lily almost did pull back she couldn't go through with it until the door suddenly flung open and then a mans voice called out to her a voice with a thick Irish accent "Lillian come inside your mother and I are here it will be ok" she looked at Noah and then to the open door and before she knew it she was inside. She didn't pay much mind to the tombs inside now her feet lead her right through and open door and down a flight of stairs. There at the bottom of the stairs stood her parents "mom dad" she said as tears fell from her eyes.

"Sweet heart it's ok don't cry please" her mother said tears in her own eyes "it will be ok now, we have always been with you even though you couldn't see us, we couldn't let you do this alone it wasn't right what happen to you as a child and I hope us being here helps you"

All lily could do was nod at that point she was to choked up with tears after seeing her parents again, even though they were ghost they were still here and still wanting to look after her.

Noah gave the area around them a long look to make sure they were not being followed before stepping inside. He noted the torches on the wall and with a small amount of focus, they all sprang to life. Golden light danced on the walls as the torches lit the way. Noah closed the door behind them to ensure that nobody could easily follow before walking towards Lily. He stopped near her, but remained silent as he took in the spectral forms of her parents. He stayed silent as he watched the tender moment between parents and child. If Lily needed him, he would be there in an instance.

It was her father that actually noticed Noah "Noah Starling I can't believe your here" her father quickly noticed he was looking confused he knew that Noah didn't know the last name of Starling that was not his adoptive parents name "I am sorry but I am the reason you didn't remember you magic. Your parents were killed when you were 8 years old your parents were our best friend and they made us promise if something happen to them they didn't want you raised with magic if they couldn't be there to guide you. I took your memories of them and found you the adoptive family that raised you"

Starling? His last name was Starling? And his parents were magical?

That explained more than just a it of the things that he had been curious about over his life time. He had many, many questions, but they could be answered later if they needed to be answered. "Thank you for answering something I have always been curious about." Noah knew he should have felt something. Anger. Relief. Sadness, but right now, he could not focus on any one emotion. Instead, he stepped closer to Lily and reached out to touch her arm. The contact helped center him as he now had something to focus on.

"I am Lillian's guardian." He explained as a way to shift the uncomfortable focus off of himself and onto Lily. "Someone or something sinister attempted to break in and gain access here. We are here to find out who it might have been and why."

Short of world domination anyway.

"Can you help us?"

Lily looked at Noah when her father explained when he never knew about his magic. She felt horrible for him, he had parents and then his memories were taken as he touched her she leaned closer to him wrapping her arm around his waist holding on to him.

"Your more than just her gauridan aren't you" Lily's mother smiled "I am Aurora by the way and this my husband Luke" she figure it was right to introduce herself to Noah. "We were here when they tried to break into this place. There was three of them. Powerful Men, and one woman, they were trying everything they could to get inside the archive.nthey were Smart though they kept their faces covered."
"But why mom what's in there" Lily asked

"When you enter the archive there will be things inside that could change the world, that could destroy humanity as we know it, they old relics thought lost to this world. There are also ancient spells and potions inside that are two dangerous for the witches of this world to handle. Lillian, Noah you have to keep them safe"

Noah nodded. "I would say that I am. I'm certain that she agrees with me." He listened to their explanation of what was going on around them and in the vaults beyond. Who knew what they would find when they went in and what use any of it would be to them right now. Somehow, though, they would have to stop what was going to happen. "We will keep them safe." He promised and gave Lily a tight squeeze as if to indicate he would be keeping her quite safe as well. "I do have a question... before me move to the archives. Lily and I, did we know each other before I lost my memory?"

Luke laughed "your parents brought you to see her when she was born, you were five at the time. You thought she was gross cause she had spit up on your mom" he shook his head remembering. "Our families spent a lot of time together. If you want your memories back I had hidden them in the library of the house, I had a feeling one day you would back. In the library you find a box, inside is a vial drink, you will also find some pictures and some personal items of your parents"

"I don't remember seeing anything like that in the library" lily looked puzzled.

"Of course you haven't I put a spell on it so that Noah and I were the only ones who could find it."

Noah nodded. He would deal with that when they returned. Right now, they needed to move forward and see what here was to find in the archives. Doubtful that any of it could help them, but it would be a benefit just to know what was there. "Thank you, I will collect them when we finish here." He gave them a nod of gratitude before giving Lily another squeeze. "Are you ready, Lily? I think it's time we moved on to the archives." He did not want to rush this tender moment between family and daughter, but there was an odd feeling. It started at his toes and seemed to be slowly creeping upwards as if to swallow him whole. They were on a time schedule that neither could comprehend and needed to get moving before danger came calling.

Lily looked at Noah then to her parents again "will I see you again?"

"Yes you will, there will be questions as you start to look things over and we are the only ones that can answer them you will see again really soon" Luke explained then looked at her "but until then young lady I want you to enjoy life. Have fun again get back to sing more you loved it so much."

"And you Noah you enjoy life too your so serious have fun, have some fun time together" her mother added

"I'll do my best." Noah promised and watched the couple and Lily say their goodbyes. When it seemed like things had started to wane a bit, Noah slipped his hand into Lily's and gave it a squeeze. "We should move on. I'm getting the feeling that we should do what we came for and get back to civilization."

The odd creepy feeling had continued to assault him and it felt like an odd sense of paranoia now. "We'll be back to talk to them again."

Lily didn't want to say good bye yet she had so many things to say and share with her parents. But Noah was right they needed to so they did. She watched as her parents faded away and then turned to Noah giving him a hug. "I know but it's still hard" she said softly. As she hugged him she noticed he seem tense "are you ok?"

"I'll be okay." Noah answered honestly. "It's a bit jarring to know that my memories aren't my own and it is a bit violating." There was a shrug. "I understand the reasoning, I think, but I'll know more after I fix things tonight." Noah started walking her deeper into the archives. "Let's check things out here. I'll be okay. Are you going to be okay, Lily? I know it's an emotional day."

Lily felt bad for Noah why would her father take his memories, there had to be a good reason. "I will help you however I can with your memories." She then kissed him and smiled. When he asked her if she was doing ok she shrugged "it helped that my parents were here but it was also hard saying goodbye again."

"Thank you, Lily." Noah returned the kiss and walked with her as she spoke. "You'll see them again. They said as much and you can feel it. If you stop and think about it, you know you'll see them again. This is just a small moment that you'll be away from them." Further and further they moved until they came to stop before a door that seemed to be impossibly large for the small building they were in. When he focused on the door, it seemed to stretch and fill the areas in his vision, but when he looked through his peripheral vision it seemed like any other regular door.

"I know your right, I know they promised to come again just hoping its sooner rather than later." She explained as they kept walking. When they arrived at the door she just looked at it "wow" she said softly "can you feel the magic coming from that room. I am a little nervouse to open that door."

Noah let out a soft whistle as he felt the magic of the door pulsing. He could feel the magic on the other side of the creation, but for now he was focused on the impossible right in front of him. He reached out and let his hand rest on the door. Through his eyes, it was a heavy oak door with wrought iron supports. Large metal rings hung near the center so that it could be pulled open. Despite the metal construction, the ring felt warm under his touch and while it was terrifying in its power, the magic did not feel hostile or cold to him.

"I think..." Noah paused and searched for a word, but could not find a way to express what he was thinking clearly. "I think it likes us."

So what if he was giving magic thoughts and feelings. Who was he to say it could not do those things.

"Or more likely, it likes you and just me by proxy." He corrected himself. It may have been a figment of his over active imagination, the magic of the door seemed to hum under his touch in agreement.

Lillian looked over the great door. She seemed frozen before it. Her eyes slowly moved to Noah who was touching the door she was afraid for him at first but nothing happen. She moved closer and now stood beside him. A shakes hand reached out for the door handle but she didn't push it open. She looked to Noah now "part of me is t ready to know what lies behind this door. It's always been some great mystery what if I am not ready or able to protect it"

Noah turned to look at Lillian as she spoke, but he did not remove his hand from the door. He nodded, knowing the feeling of not knowing if a person was or was not ready to move forward in their life. "There's no way to know for sure if you're ready without going forward and testing yourself, but I believe in you, Lily and I'll be with you for every step of the way. You can do this."

She was amazed at how confidant he felt in her. She did not have nearly as much belief in herself. She looked at the door again her eyes fell to the handle. she was gripping it firmly her knuckles were turning white. She drew a breath and then pushed it open. She suddenly feel strong powerful magic, protection spells, oozing inside the door way. She could feel her family legacy's woven into those spells. It was the oddest sensation she ever felt. She looked at Noah now.

Noah smiled encouragingly. He did not look into the room just yet as the powerful magics washed over him. He wanted to look. What would the Archives be like? What magics lay hidden within? Noah tore his gaze away from Lily and glanced. What he expected was not what he saw. There was a single table that seemed to be made of a heavy, dense wood. On the table lay a large, thick tome. It seemed much too big to carry. IT radiated magic.

"Go on, Lillian. This is your birthright." Noah urged.

She looked and saw the large book just sitting on the table as she looked through the door. Her heart raced in her chest as she drew her gaze back to Noah. She knew needed to move and with deep breath she finally entered the room. Moving cautiously to the book. Her hands rested on the table. And then she tried to open it but the book wouldn't open. She tried again and still do not budge. "Noah maybe this isn't my birthright I can't open it"

Back
Top Bottom