Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

This Magic Moment [citizenanon, nightsorceress]

Noah took a few minutes to clean up the sitting room and the kitchen before walking up stairs. He could hear Lily in her shower as he moved to his own room. He considered staying there, but gave up on that after a moment of thought. If she would have him, he would sleep with her. He grabbed a pair of boxers and pajama bottoms and moved to his own shower. He was in and out quickly before walking across the hall to Lily's room.

"I hope you don't mind if I stay here tonight." He called out to her before leaning against the door jam.

Lily didn't wash her hair. She just cleaned herself up a bit and then enjoyed the hot water. It seemed to relax her more making her even more ready for bed. She turned off the water and stepped out of the shower wrapping herself in a terry cloth robe. She heard him call out to her "did you ever think you were sleeping alone again" she laughed as she came out of the bedroom

Noah arched an eyebrow as she called back. "I suppose I might have to one day, but I do hope that is a long way off and only temporary when it happens." He stepped into the room and closed the door behind him. While Lily changed, he turned down the bed. He was a bit sleepy and it seemed that Lily was getting there as well. It had been a long day for him, but somehow longer for her. He turned to watch her from the bed as he went over the recent happenings. He wondered what dealing with Marcus would be like now. Somehow he did not think that him being her official Guardian would change the man's opinion of him. Gloria was a different story. She seemed the consummate professional while Liam would be happy for him and Lily. Such a wide range of people on the council.

Lily grabbed a night shirt and a pair of boy shorts slipping them on. She then made it over to the bed. Noah had turned it down and she smiled and climbed into the bed she the. Reached for him and pulled him into bed with her. "I love you" she said as she kissed him softly before laying down.

Noah could not take his eyes off of her as she moved towards the bed and allowed her to pull him into the bed with her. He returned her kiss and turned the lights off before scooting close to her and snuggling in. It was comfortable and quickly becoming warm. "I love you too, Lily." He said softly before closing his eyes to try and get some sleep.

As he laid down she snuggled in against him. Her arm draped across his stomach holding him. "Goodnight" she said in a yawn and then slowly feel into a relaxing sleep.

Noah woke surprisingly late the next morning. Normally, he was a late riser, but when he stretched and opened his eyes to look around the room he shared with Lily, he was surprised at the amoun of sun that filled the place. He stretched a bit more and lay back on the bed comfortably. Today was going to be a long and trying day for Lily. Perhaps just as much so for him. For now, he could let her rest a bit longer and allow her to enjoy what she could.

She normally would have tossed and turned most of the night dreading the day to come however with Noah laying beside her she felt relaxed like she didn't have a care the world. When the sun started to fill room she started to open her eyes. She looked at Noah who was already awake and she smiled. "Good morning"

"It is a good morning." Noah agreed and rolled over onto his side to face her. He felt content and it seemed like contentment was rolling off of her as well. He smiled and reached out to brush a bit of bed head out of her face. "How would you like an omelet for breakfast since we were so very rudely interrupted yesterday? My treat."

She closed her eyes as he brushed the hair from her face. She loved his touch. At the mention of getting out of bed she sighed. "No I don't want to, because that means that after you make use some omletes, then we have to go to the archives, and I just..." She couldn't finish the sentence she just looked down a little.

Noah could feel the mood in the room drop and he knew it was from her. He leaned in close and hugged her tight. "I know you don't want to go, but it's something we need to do to make sure that everything stays safe." Noah explained though he was certain that no explanation was needed. She knew why they needed to go. "I'll be there with you every step of the way. It's going to be okay."

She drew in a deep breath as she felt his arms around. She buried her face into his chest a moment she keeping him close to her drawing comfort from him. She slowly pulled her face from his chest and looked into his "thank you for being understanding about this and helping me, I still don't want to go but it helps that you are going with" she kissed him softly

"You don't have to thank me." Noah said after breaking from her soft kiss. "I'm here to help, to protect, and to make you happy." He winked. "It's my pleasure." Noah gave her a soft kiss before pulling back and shrugging the blanket off of him so that he could get up. The sunlight was warm and inviting as he moved to his feet. At the side of the bed, he gave a long stretch. "Let's get moving, we can stop by and see your uncle on the way back and share any pertinent information we come across."

She wanted to pull him back in bed with her, but she knew it would only delay what she knew they should be doing. She slowly got out of bed "alright let's get this over with" she grumbled "I am going to shower and change." She headed to the bathroom and stripped stepping into the shower

A quick shower in his own bathroom and a change of clothes into jeans and t-shirt (Noah had no idea how formal the council would be, but knew he could change it later if need be) and Noah was in the kitchen putting a small breakfast together for the two of them. He was more concerned than hungry, but knew that it would be a long day and did not know when the next chance to eat would be. He put two omelettes together as he waited for Lily to come down to meet him. It was strange, he mused, nearly unlimited magical abilities and he continued to cook and do things the old fashioned way. Noah set the plates out and poured a bit of juice and water for each of them.

As he waited, he went over scenarios about what would happen when they arrived. Truth told, he had no idea what they were walking into and the thought put him a bit on edge.

(Just a heads up, going out of town for the weekend, so I"ll be away from my pc. Didn't want you to think I'd run off :) )

Lily reclutantly got out of the shower. Wrapping herself on a towel she dried her hair she didn't want it to look a mess. Then she went into her bedroom and looked at her closet. She didn't know why but she didn't think her skinny jeans were appropriate to wear to her parents grave. She picked out a skirt and a blue top and slipped them on. She then went to her vanity and fixed her hair a bit more leaving it down but pushing it back with a head band. She then slipped on a celtic cross necklace her father had given her many years ago. Looking herself over once last time before going down stairs.

She entered the kitchen and smiled at Noah "looks really good, thank you for cooking breakfast"

Noah glanced up from the food as Lily made herself known. He smiled. "I like that necklace." He complimented before setting her food dwon in front of her as well as the juice and water. He pulled his own food up and sat next to her at the bar. Noah hmmm'd for a moment as he tried to find words to encourage and help Lily. He knew what was about to happen was a huge step for her. There really were no words for him. Noah reached out and gave her hand a reassuring squeeze and gave her another soft smile before turning back to his plate. "I hope you like eggs." He teased. So far it had been the only thing he had cooked for her.

Lily smiled and sat down. She squeezed his hand back, she needed him by her side more then she thought he knew. She took a bite of her eggs and smiled. "These are really good." She then took another bite.

Noah finished the breakfast in silence after a quick smile at her words. He was glad she enjoyed it, but both of them had more pressing matters on their minds and the quiet breakfast was just putting off what they were both sure was going to be a busy, hectic day. When they had finished, Noah collected the dishes and put them away.

"Are you ready to go?" He asked. "What's the best way to get there?" They could prolong the trip further by taking a vehicle of some sort, but a direct, magical transportation would get it done easily. "I don't mind driving if you give the directions."

Breakfast was over quickly and quietly as not much was said between the two. Would could be said after all. When he asked if she was ready she of course wanted to says no but just simply nodded her head. "We are going to the cemetery once there we will go to my family crept. I am suprised you want to drive figured you would be itching to try out your magic."

(Sorry about the delay never got the email notice that you replied)

"I like cars and there's no reason to rush this." Noah said. He had his whole life to try his magic. There was no reason to push Lily into anything more uncomfortable than she already was. A car ride would be a good buffer between them and what they were setting out to do. "It might be good to decompress after and a car is great at that." He gave her a soft smile and laced his fingers through hers before tugging her towards the garage so they could hit the road.

She was a little taken back by his words. He was just so understanding of this. "You are to good to me" she said as she followed him to the garage. "Which car will it be today" she smiled she knew he enjoyed the car collection, and she was glad she hated to see them just sit there.

Noah looked over the assembled cars with barely concealed interest. They were all fine rides, but he wanted something a little less flashy, but that was hard to do in a garage full of vintage muscle cars. He finally decided on one of the few black ones. A late sixties model Charger by the looks of it. "That one'll do." He grabbed the keys and walked her to the car before letting her in. When he had sat at the drive seat, he nodded a bit. "Let's get to it. The sooner we start, the sooner we're done and we can hit the pub."

He had no idea if they would be in the mood to drink afterwards, but he suspected she might.

Noah pulled out of the garage and headed towards their destination.

She watched as he looked at the cars, she knew he loved them all would end up driving them all. She was glad he enjoyed them. When he did pick one she smiled and walked over to the car climbing inside. When he said he wanted to go to the pub after ward she looked at him "what you think just because I am Irish I need a drink to deal with my problem?" She tried to give him a dirty look but couldn't she giggled "cause your right"

Noah chuckled at her accusation. "Need might be a strong word for it, but I do know it helps." they pulled into traffic and Noah directed them along towards their destination. "That and it might be good to talk to your Uncle."

Not only could the man comfort Lily, but he might be able to shed some light on what they find. "Who knows, maybe I'll get to hear you sing again."

Back
Top Bottom