Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

An amazing Adventure (silverknight and the creator)

Marvin's one eye followed the young man as he worked his way up, he was skilled but he had a good ways to go still to be great. He sat at the base watching the youngster, at least he didn't give up. It was a good bit of work as the higher up the harder it would be to balance, and the smaller amount of error he would have on each level. He remained sitting as he made mental notes about the young man and his abilities. He figured that he was one with his horse, so horsemanship wasn't so needed and thus the thing he needed to work on was handling himself with his feet on the ground. He figured too that the princess helped him with his mental education as he seemed a smart lad so that also was taken care of.

"Yes, east from this point towards a secret cavern in the hills, from there over the hills to the coast where we should be able to find plenty of food and supply to be had and clues to where the things might of been taken. The coastal countries were allies of this one back in the day, and it is most likely that they would of taken some of the relics if not most of them over in that direction," Salime commented as he looked over to the two. "Now, Bessie ran into som mercenaries who were after you all last night. I scared them away and also gave them the wrong directions tell them you were heading west. I think that shock her up. Also I used my snakes, which I think scared her as well, but I am not sure on that."

"I want you to make me a dress, I saw how good you are getting and I would very much like a dress made by you if you do not mind, Bessie?" she asked respectfully, "or if not that a scarf please."

After a while Sean became a bit board and decided to ask if he could come down

"Marvin, how long should I stand up here? This part is not too hard. The hard part was the climbing up. Is climbing down as hard?" he asked.

Mystique looked at the map and studied it.
"May I use the map to make a copy in pencil? I will do the coloring later after I made the basic outlines of the area. I have a great memory but I just wish that I had a photographic memory. I'd lie to find books on how to do magick some day. I love learning.
Knowing Bessie as well as I do, she would have been scared witless and most like became petrified in fear. One reason would have been your snakes- she fears most animals and have only accepted the birds because Ann gave them to her and Runi because he is mine. The second reason is from her past." Mystique spoke very quietly and told the bare facts of the raping and such to Salime.

"So she has a fear of men in general. She trusts her brother completely and she seems to have accepted Marvin." she finished up speaking

"I would like that very much. Could you come with me to the wagon? We can pick out the fabric and I can measure you. I have a few ribbons that Mystique bought. “Bessie stood up and began to walk to the wagon.

((You can make up what ever pattern of lace, ribbons, fabric that you want))

"I thought you were taking a break up there," he commented as he looked up at there and then blinked and looked at him. "to train your suppose to go up and down the piles as fast as possible, it builds lower leg strength as you work and also give you better footwork, standing in one pace doesn't work on your footwork. It is my bad, I should of explained this first, but I wanted to see how you handled going up the pile," he commented as he looked at the younger male work. He figured that this would be good work for him. "normally this is done with poles so it is different but this will work well enough."

Salime handed over the map as he let her look over at it, "I figured as much, one of the merc was scared of it too, but I had no choice in the matter sadly, now, I will remember this for the future, but I am just glad I was able to help keep her out of the hands of those bastards," he said honestly as he looked over at Mystique not one to mix words. "Now, that does make sense, that knight is a bit different and then one should trust their siblings," he commented honestly as he leaned back a bit resting his back against a rock, as Edward continued to work on the meal.

"Yes, that would be great," she commented as she followed Bessie, "she wasn't sure what it would be like to have a dress made for her, but this would be neat. She followed Bessie into the wagon and smiled as she looked at her, "Now, I saw your work from before it was really good, I couldn't ever be so good at making stuff, just destroy it," she said with a soft laugh.

"I understand now.... " Sean climbed back down and nearly slid but was able to catch himself. He kept on working on climbing and descending the pile from different side. Each side was slightly different and after a while Sean began to feel the burn in his calves.

Mystique simply nodded as she studied the map. It was fairly simple map and she could easily make it in a few hours.

"Princess has the fabrics in here. There are quite a few colors and patterns to choose from. This is the drawer that has the ribbons in it. Also I need to know what kind of a pattern I will need. She picked a set of pattern pieces. Here are the different styles of dresses I can make. Do you want a long dress, one to middle of your calf, one that is at your knee or shorter?" Bessie asked.

"Good, you can do it, this is going to help you a great deal, and when your tired, well, I am sure you can talk the little ninja into taking care of you," he said teasing Sean a bit as he knew the situation between him and Aeris, he figured that she would support his dream in any way possible. That was just the type of person he knew she was. He was impressed he had the makings for a good knight and could do a lot of good in time. He figured that hopefully by the end of the journey he would be a true knight ready to take up the official duty for Mystique.

Aeris sat down for a moment and thought about it, "I must be honest, I don't really have any dresses so, I have to be reasonable, for this, I will need it knee length so that I can move in it, um something light, like a silk so that it has a softness to it as well," she reasoned also know the material actually was pretty tough too, and of good use to have and practical which was her all the way. As for the color, I think a dark green would be the best, as it matches the items that your brother got for me," she said honestly as she figured that she could be a bit of a help in this process.

Sean went up and down a few more times then he looked around for Aeris.
"Where is Aeris, Marvin? I figured that she would be helping with breakfast." he asked for the only one who was working on the breakfast was Prince Edward. He saw that Princess Mystique was by Salime and Runi was chasing a butterfly. Bessie would most likely be in the wagon.

"There is this green silk but silk will get runs in it. Perhaps a good light weight cotton? I have this kelly green and this leaf pattern that is turquoise green. Or I could make the skirt part the leaf pattern and the top part with dark silk. DO you want pockets? Do you want a swishy skirt? What about the sleeve length? What kind of a neck line?" Bessie asked as she took out her folding dress dummy.
"I could show you some of the Princess' dresses. She has a few nice tea dresses that go blow her knee but I can hem it up higher if you like the style....."

"She is with your sister, most likely talking about something or finding common ground with her," Marvin commented as he looked at the young man. "I figure that now she is working on something, but she was talking with your sister before they went into the wagon," he explained to Sean figuring that he would understand what he happened to be talking about at the moment. "Though, I can tell you, she is the best at the drill your doing, her balance and footwork is better then mine."

"Well now, I think that pattern will work perfectly, Bessie," she said with a smile as was sure this would work perfectly fine as she looked at her, "I want both of those things, actually, and for the neckline I want a low neckline, so that I can show off my body for your brother," she said blushing as she admitted that fact honestly. She had a great body, and she knew it, from years of training but also her natural very nice curves would show with a low neckline. "I think that will do perfectly," she said as she looked at her, "a couple of hidden pocket but no sleeves and then a low neck line and knee length too," she explained to Bessie.

"I wonder what they are talking about. I'll have to work on my foot work. I have seen some traveling circus shows when I was young and one guy was walking on a great big ball. He must have had good balance to do that. I think that I will pop in and see what is going on." Sean spoke in a puzzled way.

"Yes it would look nice on you. Now I can make a shawl that would have one material on one side and one on the other side then a bit of a fringe would make it look a bit more feminine. " Bessie began to draw on a piece of paper. It was a very simple dress because she thought it would be best kind for a first dress. She placed two places for knives in the front behind the hidden pockets. She then did a drawing for a shawl.

"Ok. I have the basic dress drawn out and the shawl. Now I need to make measurements so that it would fit you. " Bessie spoke as Sean came inside. She turned to look sharply at Sean.
"Out you go. We are busy in here."

Sean left in a hurry for rarely did Bessie ever use that voice. He went and sat down by the fire where Edward was finishing up the food.

Edward looked at Sean and smiled, he had seen something he wasn't suppose to see, he was kind of funny, he figure. He started to fill the bowls with the food, it was a interesting but simple meal, a kind of eggs with bacon and ham cooked into the eggs, as well as bits of bread mixed in as well to give it a more round taste. He gave the bowls out as he made sure to leave enough of the food for both Bessie and Aeris when they were done working inside. He figured that it was not going to take that much longer, but also that it was important. "Well, enjoy the food is good," he said softly as he looked around giving out food to each of the people who was around them as they remained there.

"That is good, lovely actually," she commented with a nod of her head as she looked over the drawing figuring it out as she nodded her head a second time. "It will work just fine," she commented honestly as she looked at Bessie. She hadn't been measured before, having never needed to she stood up and stretched her arms out, she knew how one was measured though. Her petite frame other then her curves was nothing to hard to measure, she looked at Bessie with a nod of he head, "ready whenever you are, just tell me what to do and I will do it, your in charge with this."

Bessie got out a pad of paper and a pencil. She then carefully took Aeris' measurements and would ask Princess Mystique if it looked right or not for this was the first time on her own. Once they were taken and written down, Bessie smiled a little bit

"I have all that I need, Aeris. How soon do you want the dress?" she asked as she tucked everything away.

"Mmmmm this is good Edwards. Thank you for making breakfast. Perhaps you would like to give me a few cooking lessons? I have not had the opportunity to cook." Mystique spoke between bites.

Sean nodded and spoke "Thank you, Prince Edward." the he went back into his personal thoughts. Soon he turned to Mystique

"Princess do you have any spare journals that I may have? I would like to jot down some notes to keep."

"Yes I do. I'll get you one of my spare journals for you after we eat. What do you want it for? Or is it private?" Mystique asked.

"I'd like to keep it private, if you don't mind." Sean spoke as he turned slightly red.

"All right then keep your secrets safe then." Mystique teased a bit.

"Whenever, it isn't a big deal on the time, so take as long as you need," Aeris commented kindly as she looked over at Bessie with a upbeat tone to her voice. "Now, if you don't mind, I am going to go get something to eat, I am rather hungry, and I can even smell the food at this very moment," she added in somewhat sheepishly before taking her leave from Bessie.

"Glad you like it, this one is more advance, it isn't where you would want to start," Edward commented in reply to her, "of course we could work together cooking in the future, just remind me ahead of time of when you want to work with me, and we will get started and work on improving your own cooking skills. "Well, today also I figure we are going to need to pack up and head out. I figure it will give us the best time to where the place Salime wants to take us too. Then we can rest there after exploring for a bit before heading down into town the following day, having crossed the hills to get there." He looked at her for a moment longer, "you know you might need a bathing suit, for the town, it is rather nice and tropical like with beautiful beaches."

Mystique look at Edward in surprise
"A bathing suit? I never had a bathing suit in my life..... I will need to buy it in town then. But I have enjoyed the breakfast, Edward." Mystique spoke as she stood up
"While we are traveling, I want to began copying the map. Plus I want to put this area on the map as well. Come along Sean if you want the journal."

Bessie spoke
"Yes, I am very hungry so I will be out shortly. I just want to finish my notes so that I don't forget something."

Sean looked up from his deep thoughts and spoke quietly

"I'm coming Princess. I'll be back to help with the dishes so be sure to save some for me."

He was still in deep thought of Aeris and how to woo her properly. He wanted to be sure to court her in such a way that she would be his forever......

Aeris walked over and sat down having just missed Sean as she came up. She took a bowl and filled it up and started to much on the food. It was so good, she was so hungry too having forgotten to eat the day before, she was more hungry then normal. It was good that the meal was plentiful cause of this factor alone. She looked up and looked at Marvin. "practice, I know," she commented as she looked at the older man. She still had to practice, still despite her skills. She walked with him over to the stacks. Marvin knocked half of the rocks down splitting them causing them to be much smaller then they were for Sean, so she would have a much harder time balancing and moving.

Edward, and Salime were finishing up as they watched, calmly, Salime figured after a moment that this was just warm ups for the ninja. He laid back and rested his eyes for the moment calmly, as Edward started to clean up the pot, using the water he had left to wash the large pot down and then starting with the dishes, leaving some as requested for Sean to work on when he was done with his own work. He looked up, she was getting really good. Aeris moving like a ninja with perfect balance and speed over the piles, her natural grace was evident, in her motions, Edward couldn't do that well, he was no where near as good as a ninja, but then his skill set didn't require it nearly as much.

Sean went inside with Mystique who noticed that Bessie was busy writing things down. She had her tongue between her lips in concentration. Mystique went over to her desk and unlocked one of the four drawers. She pulled out a black journal knowing that Sean like black very well.
"Here you go Sean." she smiled at him.
"Thanks, Princess. Now to head back to .... wait a minute.... How can I carry this with me to jot things down in? " Sean frowned.

"here is a bag that you can use either over your shoulder or as a fanny pack. You also can add other items in it including a water bottle. I should give one to everyone...... I have more to give away. Now run along and do your dishes." Mystique spoke as she handed Sean a bad with a detachable thick belt and several other strings on it so that it can be anchored in various ways.

"Will do!" Sean spoke as he put the bag around his shoulder and saw that the strings could be tied around his thigh so that it would not flop about.

Mystique walked over to Bessie.
"Bessie, you need to go out and get your breakfast. May I help you finish this project?" she asked gently.

"Aeris wants a dress and i am going to make it. I wrote the numbers down in order but now I am trying to write what they are...." Bessie spoke as she smiled a bit.
"At least I can be something useful." she spoke.
"Here let me write them down on this paper and you can write them on your paper after breakfast, ok?" Mystique spoke gently to her.
"OK. I'll be back soon." Bessie spoke and left to go eat as Mystique wrote the numbers and such on a different pad of paper. She then got out another journal for Bessie to record measurements in for who she does work in. She wanted to show Bessie a shortcut so that it would be easier on her next time she did measurements.

Sean walked out and over to Edward.
"I hope that you have left some dishes to do. Then I will see Marvin to see if there is any other things for practicing with. I always wanted a hanging sparring dummy. Then I could use a blunt edge sword or a wooden sword to fight the dummy."

Bessie food a bowl of food set aside for her. She sat down to eat her bowls of eggs and meat. She poked at it and noticed cubes of bread in it. She picked a cube up and looked at it from all sides as if she was trying to see what it was. She finally did eat it and then smiled happily as she finished her breakfast.

Edward looked over at Sean and then handed him a couple of dishes, "Well now, I think that this is a bit of the dishes, I did most of them, but here you go," he commented as he handed her the dishes and then thought about the statement that he made about training bags. "They are helpful, but honestly, till now they took up to much room to use, I would suggest using a tree, if you get another piece of wood, or blunt sword, use the tree as your practice target," he suggested to the young male as he gave him a small smile as he looked at the young man. "Now, Marvin is watching Aeris do some of her training this morning, she is working on her skill, normal practice and he is most likely training as well," he said as he pointed in the direction that the couple most likely happened to be in training on various things.

"Thank you for breakfast. I have to go and get some work done." Bessie spoke as she gave Sean her bowl.
"Ok, Bessie. See you later." Sean spoke s he took the bowl.

"I should go over to see if there is anything else that Marvin wants me to do. I'd hate to hurt the trees with my practicing. Perhaps their bark won't grow back or what if they get some kind of a parasite in the open bark" he asked as he washed the few dishes.

Mystique made a copy of what Bessie needed to put down for each of her customers on the first page. She then get the dressmakers dummy out and sat it up so that she could put the measurements on it. The various parts of the dress were in a box. In fact Mystique had all of the basic parts of clothing making in boxes with a label that said what it was for- male or female then a size. She put the box on Bessie's bed for when she came back.

Bessie walked inside and looked at the box and Mystique explained everything to Bessie who kept nodding her. Mystique then took out a second journal to write the instructions in so that Bessie would have them. Bessie was going through the parts of the different kinds of dresses and pulled out what she thought that she needed. Together they worked on the new dress for Aeris.

Edward nodded his head as he could tell this was something important to the young man and didn't press him upon it at all. He nodded his head and let him go find those who he was looking for at the moment. "Well, Salime, it seems as those the two of us, get to pack up the tents," to which the red clad mage nodded his head as he got to his feet, putting his book away as they started to pack up their limited amount of supplies into their saddlebags, and the packhorse as well. That night who knew where they would sleep, so best be prepared quickly so they would have more time to look and would be able to leave quicker should they need to do such at thing.

Marvin at this moment was sparing with Aeris, it was a odd little match, for Aeris was far to fast for Marvin to hit, but Marvin had the element of strength over Aeris allowing him to use his expert defense to block Aeris' strikes, the match was something like a cat and mouse affair with dodge and strike some quick, some slow, always changing paces. The both of them wanting to get a drop of an edge over the other. Each of them moving at different rates trying different tricks they knew against the other, in a rater endless stalemate as it would seem to anyone watching the two of them spar. It was a interesting thing to watch, and should Marvin stop to watch, he would most likely learn more from observation of their skills then anything else that he could do that day.

Sean walked over to where Marvin and Aeris were sparring. He stood a little ways away to observe them. It was very interesting sparring session.

Bessie was busy with placing various pieces on the material then cutting out the pieces. She had them pile into various piles. She would run a basting seam along the edges then try it on the dummy to check the fit. Then if there was a spot that needed adjusting she would do the adjusting. Once the rough dress was totally basted but be fore the hem was set, she would try it on Aeris. She would then see where to add pockets to hide knives in.

Mystique was busy on her desk making a rough copy of the map. She kept comparing the two and once she had the main roads, places of interest and points of location, she would give the map back to Salime. She would then add her own touches and color it as they went. That way it would be her own version of the map.

Aeris dodged one of the strikes extremely close when she heard something, which threw her off just enough, she soon lost her balance and fell backwards, as she fell backwards unfortunately for the blonde her foot got caught on a vine and the ninja let out a little yep, as she then cursed herself out loud for making such a simple and stupid error as she had done. She notice that Marvin was over pretty quickly checking on the foot that had hit the snag on the vine.

"Alright tell me if this hurts," he asked as he pressed his fingers against her foot carefully measuring and testing her foot, he needed to see the severity of the damage, and how bad it was. He looked at the blonde who nodded her head as he touched it and then moved his hand away, "a sprained ankle, rather mild, but one anyhow," he informed her as he let out a sigh, "Well, you will need to rest up for the next couple of days, no running around like a ninja or anything like that," he said sternly to the blonde who reluctantly nodded her head in agreement, it was obvious, that she was still pissed at herself for the error then anything else.

Sean hurried over when Aeris fell.
"At least it is only for a couple days, Aeris. Let me carry you to the wagon and I won't take no for an answer." he spoke firmly as he knelt down and slide his arm under her knees.
"Now put your arms around my neck and I shall lift you. Ready, ok?"

Bessie and mystique were so busy and concentrating on their on project that they heard nothing at the moment. Runi yipped and walked out to the wagon since the door was open.
Mystique got up and spoke as she went to get Runi. That was when she noticed Sean getting ready to pick up Aeris. She watch carefully and called to Bessie

"I think that Aeris hurt her ankle some how. Please find something that can she can rest her foot on."

Marvin move a bit away to give room for Sean as he could tell that he wanted to help the young woman. He watched for a moment and then went to go find Salime to get him to use his magic skills to help out Aeris as much as possible with the injury. He knew that Salime's knowledge of magic would help a good deal, and that he knew more about medicine then he did if nothing else.

Aeris nodded her head as she put her arms around Sean's neck, resting her head against his shoulder as she did so. It didn't hurt so much, as she felt embarrassed for messing up, she was used to getting injured but honestly, that she hadn't goofed like that in a good while. "I am ready," she said softly wincing once but she felt generally rather safe with Sean so close to herself.

Sean picker her straight up and kissed the top of her head before walking to the wagon where he was meet by Mystique and Bessie.
They had a box placed next to the bench and it had a soft firm pillow on the box.

"Aeris just lost her footing and twisted her ankle. She will be ok in a couple days. There you go, dear." Sean spoke as he sat her down on the bench and adjusted the box.
"How is this situated? "

"I wish I had a cold pack but I can heat some water up a bit and add some salts to help the swelling and the pain a bit." Mystique spoke as she went inside and made a small fire in the small brick stove.

Aeris sat there with her foot up as she took a deep breath, and then looked at Sean, "it is fine, thank you," she said softly as she leaned against the bench a bit resting as she looked at her foot, and shook her head just a bit. She figured that it was a foolish move on her part, but she hated not being able to get around even for a few days, she was used to being on her feet and active, the couple of days were going to be a extremely large challenge for the young woman. She notice Salime walk into the wagon with a book under his shoulder and walked up to the young woman as he looked at the ankle, "I am here to wrap it up," he said as he took some bandages and put them on her ankle skillfully wrapping up the angle of the young woman before standing up. "There you go, "um Miss Princess, it will be best if you rewrap after heating up the foot of course," Salime commented as he looked around for a moment. "Well, we are going to be moving out soon, Sean can you either tie your horse to the wagon or give the reins to someone to take if you are needed to drive the wagon today."

Sean nodded as he spoke
"Yes i can do either one. Shadow will actually follow the wagon if I told him to. Let me go check and make sure that everything is packed and ready to go."

Mystique came out with a thick vinyl sheet and a bowl of hot water.
"Hmmmm, perhaps we shall soak it later since Salime has it wrapped up so neatly. Thank you Salime. I'll pour this in a bucket for later.
Do you want anything at the moment, Aeris? I could give you some beads to string if you would like to string beads or you can simply rest."

Bessie went back inside to work on the dress. She was not the type to dwell on hurts.

Runi jumped up and leaned against Aeris to comfort her.

"I think that everything is ready to go. You and Edward had everything packed up. Shadow is tied to the back of the wagon." Sean reported as he walked back to the wagon.

Aeris looked at Mystique and then shook her head, "I am not good with such things, I think I will just rest for the moment, actually, it will be a chance to catch up on my sleep at least," he commented honestly as he looked over at the princess before she looked over at the others noticing that Bessie was going back to work, which was good, she was happy that she seemed happy to make the dress. Aeris slowly rested her eyes as she remained quiet for a good moment or two before drifting off to take a small little nap.

Edward, Salime, and Marvin were packed and headed out, leading the wagon down the path, leaving the ruins as they headed over the sandy plans that were between them and the hills to the west of where they were. Each of them riding in a type of formation to cover each other and to watch out for the wagon as they guarded the wagon calmly moving along the path, following the old path that Salime knew rather well and was now marked in Mysique's map, it would take till the following night when they would arrive at the hill where it wouldn't be as hot.

Back
Top Bottom