Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

An amazing Adventure (silverknight and the creator)

Edward looked at the little puppy and then nodded his head as he could see the appeal in having such a little friend around Mystique all the time. He smiled as he then nodded his head as he took the leash from the princess into his own hand, giving her the time that she would need to go inside and gather up the food for the little guy. He wasn't surprised when Runi got happy. It most likely would be dependent upon the princess rather quickly, as this type he remember hearing were the pets of the kings even of the old kingdom that was once where they were. "I think so," Edward commented in reply as he looked over at the princess. "I think he is hungry and most likely that was one thing that helped you find him, besides your natural adorableness as well, princess," he said kindly as he focused his attention upon her. "Now, how did you sleep, was your trip good on the wagon?"

"Then the hunger drove him out of hiding.... I am glad that I ask what kind of an animal he was and that he was an orphan.My night was fine. I stayed up for a while with Aeris then went to bed with Runi. I like the wagon a lot. It rides very smooth and the bed is comfortable. Runi is a good sleeping companion since he didn't take up much room at all. How was your night, prince?" mystique asked as she broke one of the doughnuts in half.

"I hope to find something that will help me. Maybe even a souvenir to take home. I'll mark it on the map and make a note on it about when i arrive here and what I found here. I am too eager to start so are you ready to go?"

"Well that does make sense, if he was a orphan, then he wouldn't have a mother to give it food, so basically you are adopting a dog. I am sure that Aeris is already at work somewhere working on finding whatever the girl can find. She had been super pumped for this even before we ran into you guys," he explained the two things to her as he then smiled as he watched the little dog eat a bit more and knew that this woman had done a great thing for the little fellow. He then nodded his head at her statement. He knew that it would be great to find something to help his journey as well. "I think that there is plenty of things around here that will look good taking back home. We just have to make sure that we don't take to much as who knows what we will fine in this ancient world around us," he mused as he knew there was a lot of mysteries about the things in this land. He got to his feet, and then handed back the leash as he led her into the ruins, there were ruins of old buildings all over the place. He knew that most of them were overgrown and there was no easy way to get into them at all.

"Come along, Runi. You can sniff about when we get to a stopping place..... I hope that I can find one of the items that I need as well. Maybe even a souvenir of some sort. Perhaps we can even sell some of the items to buy things that we need. Look over here.... There is a door that is half off. Do you think that you could get the door open enough to get inside?" Mystique asked as she tried to look inside the house.

Runi was sniffing along the edge of the grass to see what was there. He found a grasshopper and pounced on it which only made the grasshopper jump off somewhere. Runi sat down with obvious disappointment look on his face.

Edward looked at the thing that Mystique was pointing too. It looked like there was a half open door that was half blocked off by dirt and rocks. It was most likely a important building cause the mount around the door was very large, but the dirt looked like it hadn't been moved in a long time. That told him that most likely something worthwhile would be inside the building. He walked up and put his hand on the pile of dirt and then moved some dirt aside but he knew that this would take way to long to take care of and move out of the way. He noticed the rocks glowing for a moment as it slipped out from around him into the air. He blinked as he looked at the glowing sand for a moment.

His eyes then fell on Salime and blinked. He remembered that this male was one who was skilled with magic, and that was what he could do. Salime yawned as he looked over and put the pile of dirt and rock down with the power of his magic. "Well, now, haven't noticed that door or building before," he mused as he yet out a lawn and then looked at the pair of them. "Now, I am going to head on, good luck in your search," he commented calmly as he looked at them and then headed off.

Edward nodded his head as he walked into the room, he found a old touch which he lit and looked around to notice that this place wasn't small, the halls looked amazing ornate and beautiful, with many rooms that branched off of the main hall. It would take all day most likely just to look though the building and find what would happen to be in the building given that it was both himself and Mystique to look around. There wasn't any other light sources which meant that there was no other way in, which meant it was most likely this stuff had been untouched for years.

Mystique looked inside with awe. Runi was sniffing about to find something that appealed to his curiosity. Mystique kept close to Edward and the torch for so far it was the only torch seen.

On one wall was a tapestry of a dragon and what looked like a nest. It covered most of one wall.

"Edward... Look at this magnificent wall tapestry. I know it is full of dust but I can see faint outlines of a dragon and some kind of a nest........ it looks like it is in a cave where there is a lava tube or something of that sort. There is a lamp on a pedestal on each end. I think that I'll take the two lamps but tell me what you think of the tapestry........"

Meanwhile Runi sniffed and sniffed until he found a small scorpion. He whacked it with a paw with mad the scorpion angry as it righted it self up. The scorpion charge at Runi who yipped at it. Mystique turned her head towards the puppy to see what was the matter and saw the scorpion with it's deadly tail raised.

Quickly she grabbed the puppy up and called for Edward

"Edward! I think that is a scorpion.... help me please!"

Edward was about to head and deal with the lamps and use the fire from the torch to light them when he heard the sound of Mystique which grabbed his complete and full attention right away. he moved and stepped and toe kicked the scorpion killing the little thing in the process. He knew finding such thing was expected, so he knew that they were going to have to be very careful. "It is okay, just be careful, there most likely are more of those around, where there is one, there are multiple," he said calmly as he went over and lit up the lamps which luckily still worked the rooms would require everyone to look though he figured, but it seemed that Mystique found something that caught her eye already.

He looked over it and paused, "it is well made, very well made, I am sure that it has some deeper meaning or something behind it as well," he mused as he then motioned her forward into one of the rooms, lighting a pair of lamps near the entrance, he found there were countless books online the walls, in decent condition. There were many small things and larger items of note some rather shinny as well. There was much to look at in this single room alone. He looked around quietly, his eyes looking at the books which were written in some strange and unknown language that he had no clue about.

Mystique carried the shivering pup who was very content to ride in her arm while she carried a lamp. She kept an eye on the floor just in case of more scorpions happen to be about. When Mystique walked inside the room that Edward lead her into, she gasped not just in surprise but in delight.

"There must be several hundred books of all kinds! I wish that I could take them all home and place them in a grand library. So much information at the fingertips hidden in some language.......

Look at this, a ceremonial scene. It looks like an embalming process.... each room has the same kind of tiny artifacts but the bodies are in various stages of mummification..... Like it was a demonstration model for scholars. And a tomb that is being built and it turns around.... this is so nice. Do you think that this place could be a learning center?" she asked as she kept moving along the line of scenes of a burial.

"Yeah a lot of them for sure," Edward said as he looked among them, there were so many of them, "I think this was some type of learning center or record center at least," he commented as he looked though the books. He picked up a book and looked at a old man of the area, the area looked nothing like this map any more, but it showed where numerous cities and towns were, and rivers that must of disappeared long before this moment. "It is to bad we can't rid any of this," he commented as he thought about it for a long moment. "maybe we should mark this place and find a way to leave word to Tomel that these are here so that he can take them. If there is anyone who knows the language it will be him."

The red clad Salime walked in looking at the books and walking over and reading it, having come to check up on the pair, "this is a book of ancient right and this here is a book you might want, a book of the history of the land and the magical crown of kings and other such relics," he said looking at the book for a moment. He looked at them. "your right, you should have Tomel and his men look though this, but I do know how to read this language, ever person born out here has to learn how to read and write it when they are young, well any civilized people out here anyhow."

"Bessie has several birds that travel to Ann. I think that perhaps we could send word in that way. Tomel should at least see this if not actually own it all. Let me take Runi back to the wagon and talk to Bessie. I'll be back as quick as I can." Mystique spoke as she left the two alone in the room. She took the one lamp so that she could see her way back inside when she got back.

About an half an hour later, she came back with a flask of water and some bread to nibble on in her backpack.
"I am back. Bessie let me use one of her birds to send word to Tomel. I did not mention where we were but that it was something of interest to him and his people. I think that he can figure out where we are with the clues and he knew the general direction we were going anyways.

Did you find any other interesting things while I was gone?" Mystique asked as she looked at the demonstration scenes once more.

"I think that your right, giving to much information would be bad just encase this stuff were to fall into the wrong hands, who knows what type of stuff is in here," Edward commented in agreement with the princess as he looked around more looking at the small things mostly in the room, looking for some clue to a larger central room perhaps. His eyes scanned diligently as he worked his way around the room, moving slowly but surely as he made sure not to over look something that might be small but important at the same time.

"Mystique," Salime said tapping the princess on her shoulder as he held one of the books that he had noticed on the shelve waiting for her reaction to him tapping. "This book, I think you will want to look at," he said handing her the book. The book was old, with the same language, but there was a picture of a old monument that was in her homeland, but in this book it was relatively newly created. "Now this books has to do with your lands, and your kingdoms past. I was thinking that perhaps, maybe it would be something that you were looking for. It was written by these people but there is a area where the two languages are put together to make it easy to decode I guess your people's language."

Mystique turned to Salime and to the book he was holding. Gently she took the old book and opened it up. The pages were split down the middle. One language was on the one side and the other side had her own language.

"Thank you so much, Salime. I have no knowledge of these people but the language is the language of my people. The Seahorse statue is still there not far from my window in the tower. I think that I will take this book and study it.. I will make a copy and give the original book to Tomel." Carefully Mystique put the book in her backpack and took out the water and the bread.

"Anyone want some water or bread to refreshment? I thought that it might stave off hunger and we do need to keep hydrated as well. "

Salime figured that he would get to know the princess on this trip as well as the prince and the others. He didn't know them at all really, but he figured that as he helped he would get to know the group. He nodded his head as he figured that she would want to keep it, but also that it might help her on her own quest that he heard she was on. Perhaps some of the information about the location of the items that she was looking for was in it. He wasn't sure about that, he would have to of course read the book before he knew rather or not that information happened to be true or not.

Salime took a bit of bread and munched on it as he turned and looked at Edward working away as if nothing had been happening, moving around looking around as if he were trying to solve some great mystery that was in front of him. "I heard from Tomel, that Prince Edward tends to be a bit one tracked sometimes, that he focuses in on something like a um hound and seeks it out above all else, I guess that comment was quite true," he mused to Mystique as he watched the young man worked his mind most likely in his own world as he searched the room. That could be a good thing and a bad thing to be so driven, good in that you got stuff done, but bad in that you tended to forget to do some things too. That was the advice he heard from Tomel about the prince before he left.

He suddenly heard a rumbling small but growing before a wall moved, he blinked, it was a secret door, that was what Edward was after finding the door led into another secret room. Most likely the room that the most important things in the whole ruins were stored away, perhaps so that they wouldn't be stolen by anyone and protected till someone returned to collect them. Who knew but he had a feeling that this moment was a big one, with the unknown truths to be discovered inside the mystery room that was now open to them.

Mystique was listened to Salime as she nibbled on some bread and looking at the fine details of the scenes. She was simply fascinated by how much work went into the scenes and she was sure it was very accurate. She was now at the pyramid section where it how the pyramid was being built. There were a great many tiny figures and each one looked slightly different from the others in each scene but each figure reappeared again in the next scene as the pyramid was built. The last scene was a totally finished pyramid that was waiting for its new occupant. Every detail was so perfect that Mystique could not hardly believe it.

When she heard Salime speak of Edward being so one tracked minded she blushed and spoke.
"Sometimes something just seems to be unbelievable or there is a hint of something not right or perhaps there is something more that one can not....."

The noise stopped what she was going to say and she walked over to where Salime was standing rather quickly for she was not sure what was going on until she saw the wall opened up. Mystique let a a gasp of total surprise and spoke

"Edward, please do not go inside unless there is something to block the door open! I do not want you to be locked inside somehow.... and be careful!"

Edward looked over at Mystique and then nodded his head as he then took and moved something in the way of the door should it start going down. "I will be back in a moment or two," he commented as he looked over at her giving her a warm smile as he headed into the room. As he walked into the room he could see every treasure was in the room. The room was priceless with numerous things that were made of goal, and many things which seemed to have magical effects to them as well. Edward smiled as he knew that Tomel was going to love to discover the treasure. He knew it would help him to unify his people as it would show them that he was a correct about their glorious past. Edward found a golden sword and walked out holding the golden sword to show Mystique the sword.

Mystique's eye went wide open with complete surprise

"Edward! Is that a golden sword? A sword of pure gold...... That is a priceless treasure in itself. What all is in that room? I wish that Tomel had come with us now....... I wonder if he got the message yet....." she spoke as she gazed at the bright sword.

"Edward, this is so exciting to find such treasures. I never had so much excitement in my life....." Mystique spoke as she walked over to Edward. She slid her arm around his waist as she looked at the sword.

Edward nodded his head as he looked at Mystique and then at the sword which had funny writing on the blade, it glowed slightly when it was taken out of the sheath but it was impressive. "Now, there is a lot of other stuff in there, perhaps there is something that you could use or trade with or something," he said as he looked at Mystique giving her a half smile as he put the sword to his side. He would ask Tomel about this, but he figured he wouldn't see his friend for a long while but he knew his friend would have the place guarded and protected, but one item for himself wouldn't kill anyone. He figured that this was turning out to be a impressive day. He looked at this princess and could see the amazement in her eyes easily it was so cute to see, he smiled for a moment before putting the sword up. "I figure this is all I need for this whole visit her, personally."

Mystique smiled at Edward as she thought about how good he looked with a sword.

"Actually I already have taken a book that Salime found. It has information on my kingdom. I love the scenes but I wouldn't dare take them. But perhaps I could find something else in the room to keep. I have planed to copy the book for myself. Please follow me inside so that I can see what is in the room." she spoke as she headed to the room to see what was inside there- more out of curiosity than anything else.

Mystique walked into the room and looked about. There were so many things that she could hardly believe it. She kept her eye out for one of the four items that she must have to retain her kingdom. As she looked about, Mystique saw a cache of weapons. She walked over and looked through them. Towards the back of the swords was a sword that was very shiney and had tiny gemstones sparkles embedded into the silver sheath. Mystique pulled out the sword and the sword made a sound as if it was singing as it came out.

"Edward... this sword is so light and I can wield it easily. Do you think that Tomel would mind if I took it?" she asked as she looked at the ancient runes carved into it.

Edward looked at the sword and nodded his head as he looked at it, he then smiled as he thought about something, "I was more wondering if there was anything here that would fit those things that you were looking for perhaps," he asked as he looked at Mystique, he knew that she was looking for certain things good that her uncle had asked for and he figured they all had some connection with this place, and at least one would be found in the ruins of the city. This seemed like the best area for finding such a thing if they were going to find them anywhere at all. It was ideal cause there was such a wealth of things found there already and the rest looked as thought it had been picked over as it were over the years that or was protected by magic spells that Tomel most likely had set up over some things in the ruins and he didn't say he set up such spells to protect th things that Mystique was looking for if his memory served him correctly. He walked over and out of the room looking around the room at the books, for a moment before he picked up one of the journals that caught his eye and looked at it before putting it back. "I think I am done here, myself."

Mystique smiled softly as she pulled out the sword once more. It rang with a gentle musical sound. It was as it it was singing in her mind.

"Edward, did you hear how this sword sounded as I pulled it out of its sheath? It was as if it was singing in some magical way. I am sure that this is a singing sword if I ever heard one. And listen when I swing the sword......" she spoke as she held up the sword and checked to make sure that no one or anything was in the way.

Mystique swung the sword a few times and then did a few pokes with it. As she swung the sword the sword's sounds changed and the pokes made the sword sound as if it was hitting a bell somewhere. She gently placed the sword into the sheath once more.

"If this is a singing sword, then it is one of the items that I needed to find. Now I need some sort of a belt so that I can wear it around my waist. Even if it isn't the singing sword that uncle wants, it is a singing sword that I want and feel that it is right for me to take it. Almost as if it was made for me. The weight feels perfect and is well distributed through out. It looks very sharp as well." Mystique explained.
"I am ready to go as well. Perhaps I can read more of the book titles one day but I am not feeling the urge to explore here any longer."

Sean was exploring a different area and was finding a variety of small trinkets that he kept for some reason. There was some gold coins in one of the houses and a very nice cloak with a clasp on it. He put it on and walked around to see what else he could find that would be useful for the journey.

Edward looked at the sword as he looked at Mystique and then blinked as he remembered her saying that. He nodded his head, "Yeah, I think that is right, I had forgotten them, well, it is an amazing sword and I think that it should serve you well in case of something going rather bad," he mused as he was glad that she had some type of self defense for herself. He figured that it would beat anything else she could handle, and she said that it was light enough for her to use. "Now, I think we have made a good find or two, so we should go for sure," he commented as he motioned her to follow him. He walked by Salime who he motioned him to follow them as they headed out of the building into the bright sun as he looked around for a moment.

Marvin was resting at the campsite keeping watch over it as he wasn't interested in looking around the ruins, he was keep watch, just encase something bad happened and someone had to defend their things and goods. Marvin was sitting on the bench of the wagon staying out of the sun as he looked over the tents including his own where they would sleep that night most likely. He knew that after this they would have to head off in some other direction, which he didn't know. He wasn't worried cause he was more focused on getting the mission done at the moment, and they would find information that would lead them into the direction that they needed to head to at this place.

Aeris was working inside, having found a few minor things mostly old coins and old weapons that had been left in some buildings that she gathered up so that she could spend that night looking though them and figuring out which of them would work best for the young woman. Aeris was working ever sense day one, and still very energetic but she was soon getting tired from the lack of sleep as she had not slept over a day leading up to that moment. Actually she was thinking about heading back to rest and soon would be heading back to head to the camp to get rest.

Mystique nodded knowing that Edward would be most likely right so she put her wonderful sword in the sheath. She then put on her backpack before taking a last glance at the models she adored.

"Stay safe from harm. I'd sure like to see them again. I never had a doll house and you are kinda like a doll house....." she spoke to the scenes.

She quickly followed Edward back to the wagon.

Bessie was busy with her sewing all day and made sure that Runi was taken care of. She did make a rag rope for the puppy to play with and hide a few bites of food around the wagon so that the puppy could sniff them out.

Sean was walking back towards the wagon when he saw another interesting building. He decided to go inside just for a few minutes. He looked about to see that there was just a table with book on it. He looked at the book but he could not read the writing. Under the table was a box with a few bags and a tray that had various compartments. In each compartment were coins. He looked at the book again to see that it could have been an accounting book of some kind. He looked inside the bags to see a lot of coins of gold silver, bronze and copper. He wondered if he should take the coins or leave them. He finally decided that it would help Prince Edward and Princess Mystique more than some thief.

Sean put the tray inside the box and picked up the box. It was a bit on the heavy side but he could manage it. He left the building and headed back to the wagon. As he walked he saw a figure bent over something. Then he recognized that it was Aeris. He smiled at the sight. Aeris' hair look so beautiful in his eyes and was her crowning beauty. The sun shone on it which made it shine. Sean simply wanted to go over there and feel her hair to see if it was as soft as it looked. But he knew that would not be the best idea. However it would do no harm to go over and see what Aeris was doing.

“Hey there, Aeris! What kind if treasure did you find? “he asked as he sat the box down on the ground next to Aeris then he knelt down beside her. His heart was pounding with excitement of being close to her and he could only hope that she could not hear his heart beating so fast.

Edward looked at the group who was working at the camp site as he found his own tent and worked his way to sit down at it as he relaxed a fair bit. He paused for a moment as he put away his new things that he had gotten from the find that day. He took out the map he had making notes about the things that he had seen that day, as well as what was in the ruins of this once great capital building. He then started to look at the map to try to figure out where the group should head off next. He was sure they needed to figure out this decently soon as he wasn't sure what direct to go yet.

Aeris was looking over a barrel and then heard a voice as she got to her feet and turned and smiled as she saw Sean nearby. The blonde elf, blinked as she reached into her pocket and then showed off the knifes that she had found, they were in great shape and beautiful as well. Aeris was confident that she would be able to use them if she was able to use them if she had to fight someone. "I found these, as well as some smaller things actually," she said honestly as she looked at Sean giving him a smile as she was sure that he had been able to find things during his own search. "Um, do you mind if I walk back with you," she asked honestly as he figured that this was a chance to spend time around the young man.

Sean smiled warmly at Aeris.
"I would love to have your company, Aeris. I found a few trinkets that i'd like to show you and I also found a place where it must have bee some kind of a treasury because there were all of these bags of coins in a box. A tray with coins in it was well. What are the rules on finding things in a place like this? I did not find anyone around besides us."

"Hi Marvin. Anything interesting happen while we were gone?" Mystique asked as she went up the steps to the wagon.
"Has Aeris been back yet?"

Runi began to yip and wanting her attention. Mystique picked up the puppy who licked her face which made her giggle.

Aeris nodded her head as she walked over to Sean carrying her bag that she kept her new finds in as she walked over. She was a bit shorter then him though pretty much the same height as the male. As she walked, she listened and nodded her head. "That will be helpful, I am sure that the princess will be able to use those to pay off any debts she might have to Tomel and make a good deal of money from dealings with him in the future," she mused as she looked at him, "That and trade with the other small outposts for goods, as those things I think will be worth a lot of cash around here," she reasoned as she walked close to him, as she liked being near him. "So, curious, are you going to buy something for a girl back home?"

Marvin looked over at Mystique as she asked him the question, pausing his shook his head, "nope, nothing at all, I think some sand moved with the wind, but that is it, it is a rather quiet and simple day," he commented as he looked over at her and then shook his head, "No, she has not returned, she is very much into finding old relics so most likely she will be out for a bit.." he explained pausing as he noticed her, "it seems she is walking with Sean back," he said surprised by that simple fact that Aeris would be simply walking like that with a guy, it wasn't really her way at all and kind of stuck out for the adviser to notice.

Back
Top Bottom