Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

An amazing Adventure (silverknight and the creator)

"first this is a land of magic, and a ancient city is where awe,are going," Edward commented, as he looked at her, "I am looking for a magic staff myself said to be in the ancient ciy. I am sure that we will find one of these things there," he commented with a smile as he looked at her trying to cheer her up as he gave her a kind look.

"Yes, the singing sword, the sorcer's stone are in the ruins, or that is what my parent told me before they passed on," Tomel said putting the tomes on the tank. " all of those things I am sure are in the kingdom as I have read about each of them before in my studies," Tomek,commented as he sat down and looked at the others. " they hold a great deal of power, I am guessing your uncle wanted to take over many more lands with those items. Basically using your desire to prove yourself as a way to set you up."

"I agree with you. But are you sure that you wish to marry me, Edward? it is not like we are in love or anything yet. I wouldn't want you to regret such a choice. Uncle needs to be curbed and if possible killed. I have heard that he has a laboratory that he practices in. I am very nervous about this." Mystique spoke as she considered her options.
"Let's think about this a bit more and go eat. The food may even be cold by now."

Sean smiled as he listened. Princess Mystique had a good head on her shoulders and a very independent nature. She would figure out what to do after she gets all of the answers and information.
Bessie was thinking about her work upstairs.

"I am more then fine with it, I believe you are s most amazing woman, Mystique, and I believe with time that I will fall for you," he commented as he filled his plate with food and joined Aeris, Marvin and Tomel, and Marvin who were already sitting and eating there share of the food contently as they each greatly enjoyed the prince's food. He figured the choice was hers and he would be fine by it no matter her choice.

Azeris and Marvin both ate quietly as did Tomel. The three had nothing to add to the conversation at the moment as each was both to focused on eating and for the moment none had anything productive to add to the conversation either.

Bessie sat down next to Sean after she got her food. She ate well enough but she had hoped that the princess would asked about Anna.

Mystique smiled as she put some food on her plate. She had a few questions and she wanted to ask them so she had time to think on what she was told.

"Tomel, I found a heavy wagon that seems to be very solid. I'd like to have it if you were able to make the tomes. Also do you know of a maid named Anna? She helped Bessie with a few things not that i know exactly what yet. I was debating as to hire another maid but I am leaning towards not having another one. I don't want to possibly have someone else that would be in the position of being hurt.
Plus the fact that I am not sure about food supplies and replenishing the food." Mystique spoke calmly as she looked about the group that she would be traveling with.

"The tomes are on the table in the other room, they should work well enough to help," he commented calmly and then chuckled lightly at the next statement by the princess and the mention of Anna " Anna who works for me isn't really a maid by trade. She keeps my place clean in exchange for free rent. She is a exile from some place and she is a skilled white mage and trapper as well. I think she volunteers down at the hospital for free," he commented and the let out a sigh. "I might not be able to go with you. I might need to rally the local tribes to defend this broken kingdom. Your uncle is making troublesome noise along our border. If I can't go I will find someone to take my place."

Mystique was completely surprised by what Tomel said.

"Then Simimar is really being a pain in the hind quarters. I am so terribly sorry about your kingdom. It seems that evil is following me about. Do what you need to do for your kingdom, Tomel. I'll manage without you for the most part but I will certainly miss you.

I am glad that Anna is a good person. I am not sure what a white mage does though. But I have seen some of her work if you don't mind me saying so.

The only thing that I will ask of you, Tomel is help me get the wagon ready by showing me how to use the tomes and getting horses for my wagon. Then teach me how to drive the wagon. I just wish that I could do some kind of magic but I have not been trained for much of anything." Mystique spoke earnestly.

"I am sure we will meet again at some point princess, do not fret that, and I will make sure that your uncle doesn't send any troops after you this is must people's land and we can protect it against scum like him," he mused as he looked at her and then got up,and took a time, " just put the times on the outer walls and under the wagon, it should be easy and the horses are in lot d of the stables, enough for your journey and the horse are special ones stronger then the average one due to their long heritage," he explained.

" Anna connects herself directly with the power of nature and uses it to heal,people,using her self as a medium for the power changing it into healing arts, if you wanted to know, white mages are rather unique anymore but so,are all mages. I will show you how to drive it tomorrow though, just be prepared."

"Thank you Tomel." Princess Mystique smiled as she finished her meal. By now Bessie had finished her food, placed her plates in the sink along with Sean's.
"I guess that is all that I can do today and I am getting very tired."

Mystique stood up and placed her dishes in the sink and began to wash them quietly. She had much to think about and she knew that she was bringing danger with her no matter where she went.

"Prince Edward, that was a very good dinner. I thank you very much for preparing it. I am sorry that we are losing Tomel but he does need to take care of his territory. He would make a good king when he is able to make a stand for his kingdom.
Now that is said, I am glad that you think that I am an amazing woman. I just think that I am an independent woman who knows what she wants most of the time even though she doesn't know how to get whatever it is that she wants.
By that, I mean that I have always been fascinated with magic and would like to know more of the earth magic. Elves had Earth magic so long ago or so I was told. I want to find out how to get it back once more.
Will you still want me if I studied Earth Magic? I may even forget to eat if I am busy......" Mystique's voice trialed off into a soft whisper as she spoke for she did not want to let the others what hear what she was saying to Edward.

"Then I shall make sure that you eat and cook for you Mystique. Your willingness to learn and work to your goals. Your dedication to your friends, and how sweet and kind you are. Mystique, I would be more the honored to have you as my bride. If I didn't think I could fall for you I would ask you such a thing and wouldn't of put it forward towards you. I have no problem helping you with your goals, and ideals," he commented kindly as he looked at her. "Plus your already the most beautiful woman I ever laid my eyes upon."

Aeries smiled as she looked at the prince and snuck,away as she needed to start her patrols of e house to make sure everyone was save during their sleep. Tomel also took his leave to,rest before he got the wagon the next day, and Marvin he blinked as he heard the info presented but said nothing to anyone before he too headed to bed tired from a day of long work.

"Thank you, Prince Edward. I have seen many men and I do consider you to be very handsome and you look very strong as well as capable.... I have very little social skills but I will do my best to make you proud of me when i do become your Queen. " Mystique's eyes were bright with excitement as she looked over to Edward.

"I am glad that we have this trip to get to know each other and form a strong bond so that we can stand up to uncle. Together we shall defeat him and Tomel will be our first ally. We shall make many allies and become stronger together. Maybe we can even find more strong people to assist us in our endeavors.

I want to thank you for supporting me in my dream of possibly learning more than what I ever could be. I know that with your support, I will achieve more than what I can alone.

Since the whole house is quiet and I am tired, I think that i shall retire for the night. Tomorrow will be a big day for all of us. I would like to do a couple things before sleeping so that my mind is satisfied with the day's work." Mystique spoke warmly.

"I am sure that you will be the most remarkable of queens, as you are a remarkable woman, who had a great deal of interesting things about yourself. Plus, you are very attractive, and beautiful," he said as he looked at her closely, he knew that he had to make a statement here in a way to show his attraction to her. He slipped his hands around her waist, most likely he knew surprising her. The next thing, if the first thing didn't surprise her, he was sure would take her completely off guard. He leaned in slowly and kissed Mystique's lips softly letting his lips press firmly against her own lips for a good long moment. When he pulled away from her, he had a small smile upon his face as he looked her dead in the eye. "Well, I am headed to bed myself, I shall see you in the morning sleep well princess," he commented with a almost grin on his lips.

Edward felt confident about what he did, and that it had been the right move, he turned and walked away without looking back, all confident in his ability to kiss her and the impression on her that it would have, which he was sure was a positive one. He headed to bed quickly the smile still very much on his face as he slept. This was a day with a moment that was as meaningful as any he had ever had in his life. He knew that long term, that his proposal and kiss of the princess would have a great impact. He was confident to that it would be a good impact upon his life.

Mystique was not expecting Edward's hands go around her waist and gasped slightly when he leaned down and kissed her on her lips. He lingered for a long moment but somehow it felt right. Not dirty or bad in any way. Her legs did unexpectedly become weak but that could be part of fatigue setting in. All of the excitement that day had made her heart race for surely it was nothing to do with a simple kiss. Or his words that he spoke.

When Edward stood up once more, Mystique sagged against the wall and looked up at Edward in awe. How can a few words or a kiss make her feel so weak? His hands were strong and sure but not hurtful.....

"G-g-good night Prince Edward." was all that Mystique could say as she pressed her hands against her legs to control the shakiness of them.

After a few minutes, she went up stairs and went inside the room. She picked up her night wear and spoke quietly

"I am going to get ready for bed and I suggest that both of you to do the same thing."

After changing her clothes, Bessie and Sean had put away their things so that everyone could soon be asleep. Mystique simply went to the bed and laid down, closing her eyes as she did.

The next morning was nice as it gave everyone a chance to fix their body clocks from the trip from the desert to the city. Edward started to cook early, as he knew just how many people to cook for, and that he had enough to use to cook for everyone. He was in the kitchen cooking up a small storm, he was making French toast from the eggs and bread that was in the kitchen, a lot of it too as well as the rest of the ham that he had not cooked up the night before. It was going to be a good way to start what would most likely be a rather long day for each of them. He knew that it wouldn't have the bombshell change the day before had, but he knew everyday here on out was potentially a very important one.

Aeris was outside at that time, throwing her knifes and training herself, she and threw her knifes at a target about 10 meters away from herself, hitting the target pretty much every single time. Her eyes trained on the target as she would pick out points and hit them with her knives. She even put the target she had on a rope to swing it to cause it to move. It was practice, and something she always need to do. She knew that danger could be on this trip at any time, and that she was going to very much need to be ready to face it at anymore if it should arise.

Marvin was up looking over his notes as well as checking his gear, he knew too fighting might happen, and he had been in some already. He hadn't talked about it, cause it seemed a minor thing for him, but he had to double check his armor to look for any flaws that could be dangerous to him in future battle. He had seen Tomel head out to go and talk to some people, and he knew that the half demon would only send someone he thought could handle themselves in the days ahead. He trusted the opinion of the powerful leader as he had been the leader of their mercenary troop for years and brought them all together in the first place.

Sean was up early and out on his own running which he did for his own training. He did have any weights or the punching dummy but he did his best to get stronger. And if he worked hard enough then maybe he would still be able to earn his knighthood. He never wanted Mystique to know how much he wanted to go but yet he had to do his family duty to Bessie. One he would do something for himself.....

Bessie was up and dressed early as well. She knew that for some reason Mystique did not sleep well but not why. She simply quietly dressed and began to work on the dress from the day before. She was hoped that Anna would come today so that the two of them could talk.

Mystique woke up and headed to the bathroom to clean up and get ready for the day. She was out of sorts for she had too many bad dreams of what could happen. Not that she feared the bad dreams but the thoughts would linger in the back of her mind for a time. Once she was dressed and her hair well brushed, braided then coiled on top of her head. She made sure that she had her note book was in her skirt pocket. Next she sat down and made an entry in her diary and a shopping list.

As the smells of food drifted to the bedroom, Mystique's stomach growled.

"It is time for breakfast, Bessie. I am going down. " Mystique spoke as she stood up.

"I'll be down soon, princess." Bessie replied as she threaded her needle.

Mystique walked to the kitchen and smiled as she looked at Edward cooking.

"Good morning, Edward. Breakfast smells good."

Edward's eyes looked over towards Mystique as she came down, it was good to see her again this morning, and he was glad that she was in a good mood as well. He nodded his head as he motioned over to a plate filled with French toast, "get your share, and sit down, I am sure you are hungry, and well, we have a lot to talk about I would guess," he commented as he finished up his cooking. He smiled as he went and found his two companions on the trip, both came with his pretty quickly, Aeris having worked up a appetite from training, and Marvin hungry from the fact he had missed dinner the night before, the three of the found their way around the table each taking their own seats.

"Well morning Miss Bessie," Marvin said politely to her, "good morning Princess," he added in as he took his share of food and started to eat it. He was normally a somewhat quiet person and reserved, he was a man of thought who liked to listen more then to talk. He was a man of planning who would support an man of action like the prince extremely well and had done so for quite some time.

"Well, this does look good, thanks," Aeris commented, the young elven female couldn't cook a bit, so being around Edward meant she wouldn't have to worry about that and could depend on the fact she would get good meals, a fact she liked a great deal. "Good morning Bessie, Mystique," she said kindly to the other two.

Mystique smiled as she took a plate and filled it with food and sat down at the table and Bessie did the same.

"Good morning to one and all. I hope that everyone slept well for I think we shall have a lot of work to do today. Bessie, I will need you to help me get the wagon cleaned. You can work on the dresses on the way. I have chosen a rather large wagon and if you want to be my maid, you will have certain chores to do each day. Think on it today and we can talk more later.

Where is Sean? I'll need him to help as well. A lot of water will be needed and scrubbing too." Mystique asked as she gazed about the table.

"Good morning, Marvin, Prince Edward, Aeris..... All right Princess Mystique, I will help with the cleaning and work on dresses on the trip. I don't know where Sean went. Some where he can do a long run. He still wants to be a knight for some reason.....Thank you for making breakfast, Prince Edward." Bessie spoke simply.

"I am glad that you are willing to help Bessie. All of us have a lot to talk about and plan for today...." Mystique took a bite of the french toast.
"Mmmmmmmmm....... Edward this is the most delicious french toast I have ever tasted in my life! So light in texture and yet so eggy......I will need to learn how to cook like you do. Would you teach me how? "

Sean came in and walked over to the stove and got some french toast and simply ate it as if it was a sandwich. He didn't speak for he was in deep thought.

"Now that everyone but Tomel is here. What do we need to discuss?" Mystique asked as she kept eating and enjoying the food. Her mind was so full of ideas and thoughts about so many things that she needed to talk but she wanted to talk to Edward alone. Who knows when they will be alone.....

Edward of course wanted some alone time with the princess too, he had nodded his thanks for her comment, and of course he would help her learn to cook, but he also knew that he could handle the cooking duties for the moment at least.

"Well not to much really, most of it is up to you I would guess on some choices you need to make for your group. I found out a few things, one that there are a number of booby traps around the ruins, apparently these people fixed it so that you will get yourself killed if you don't go into the ruins in the right way. Luckily, I managed to gain a map of the right way to go in," Marvin commented as he looked at the others putting the map in front of them holding it as it looked somewhat complex, "that means that you will have to follow closely though this area, if you were to do that, we shouldn't have any problems, but if you follow badly, then things might go south really fast," he informed her as he looked at Mystique mostly know she was in charge of this wagon.

"Secondly, after we go there, it has been advised that we head west the desert is less dense there and we can find some rest in some hills form the heat, perhaps even some old caves that could provide shelter from the heat as well. We will need to make sure to bring a good amount of water to be save, just encase there isn't any place to get water from along the way," he added as he made his points in a row. "I am sure that we will find other clues perhaps there as well, we will have to figure them out as we get them, as we can't preplan what they will be."

"Good, Marvin, now I am sure that we can find ways to make the food last longer, I will cook in such a way," Edward commented as he knew they had to make their rations last longer then normal. "Also remember this is unknown land which few people visit even the natives here avoid it," he commented as he had a serious tone to his voice, "you want to be careful as we go, so that we avoid a lot of possible pit falls."

"Yes, and we will stay close to your wagon, princess," Aeris added in as she looked over at her, "that way we can give you cover as we travel, your the biggest target and the slowest one, so if we stay close we can split off and counter strike or divert danger hopefully."

"We can store quite a bit of food in the wagon and water as well." Mystique spoke as she gazed at the map. "I think that with your permission, I will copy the map so that I have a copy of it as well......."

Sean walked over to where the map was and he began to study the map.
"How wide is the road in that area? What kind of a margin for error is what I am looking for. And it would be a good idea for Princess Mystique to have a copy of the map just in case of something should happen and we get separated. I think that you should practice a few things if we have time, Mystique. I don't want to scare you but if you should need to protect yourself, then you can. I also want to see this wagon to make sure that it is as sturdy as you think it is. Just as a precaution, you know." Sean spoke.

Bessie was getting quite bored and was finished with eating so she began to wash the dishes while the others talked.

"Trust me, Sean. It is about as sturdy as any wagon could ever be. Tomel had to make a few tomes so that it can move easier. Very thick walls of Sequoia wood. This kind of wood resists rot and pests. Plus the floor has a fire brick on it." Mystique came back with in her own defense.

Sean only nodded to show that he was listening.

Edward looked up and blinked for a moment as he let the two of the have the disagreement about things between them. He didn't have to reply to anything as Marvin looked up at the same moment and then waited as well for the conversation to stop. His eyes focused on the both of them as he sat in his chair. "Well, the roads are wide enough for the wagon with about 8 feet of extra space from the details of the wagons I have seen. I will leave the wagon up to you all, but the tomes will work very well to lighten the object, Tomel is very good at what he does and he worked rather hard to make the best tomes possible for your princess," he commented calmly as he explained the situation as best as he could.

"Now, as far as the map, yes, you can make a copy of it, this is a copy of it actually, I made last night, so I will need it back before we get going, but feel free, the copy is as detailed as I could make it and should work perfectly fine," he explained as the prince handed over the map, knowing he would of said pretty much the same thing as Marvin, though even he didn't know that it was a copy of the original. Though that made sense the map looked old and most likely was culturally important to Tomel's people. He looked at it up at Sean. He paused for a moment, "Sean, if you don't mind me asking have you ever been fitted for any type of armor or weapon to use. I think it might help a great deal in defending both Bessie and Mystique."

Sean looked at Marvin a bit sadly and in surprise.

"I was fitted once under uncle but a few things happened that i prefer not to speak of in front of the ladies but I was told that it was best that I did not become a squire or knight. I would like to still be a knight one day but I have no money to put towards the training. It does cost a lot so I am told. One day, I shall attempt to become a knight once more....." he spoke in a firm way.

"Perhaps there is a way for you to start your training now. If I know anything about Marvin it is that he does not speak without a reason to do so. I can pay for your training if you would be willing to be my personal knight and protector. It will benefit both of us in my opinion." Mystique spoke quietly as she wrote in her note book. When Mystique had things on her mind, it would bother her untill she had listed them in her notebook so that the things will not be forgotten.

TO DO:
Bessie will clean the wagon while I copy the map twice.
Have Sean talk to Marvin and Edward about knight training. I will also need to speak to Edward about it.
Check the wagon over and make sure it is properly cleaned.
Stock the wagon.
Pack and load items on the wagon, organizing as I go.
Start preparing lessons for Bessie
Buy what supplies are needed

Marvin looked at the young man and shook his head, "Well, now, your a interesting young man, but you need to look at things in the bigger picture. Mystique, I have connections in this town who owe me favors," Edward commented as he looked at Sean and figured to hit this one as it was needed at the moment. "I would like for my future wife to have the vest protection possible, and I think you will make a great knight. You have the right fire in your eyes. "you will get your armor and the weapon of your choice, and I will pay for it. As for your training, Marvin here will train you, he is the person who trained me to be a knight, and I am sure that he can train you to be a better knight then I am," Edward finished up.

Marvin looked at the young man and nodded his head, "Yes, that will be fine, you will have a lot of work, but you have potential to be something that is impressive," Marvin commented as he looked over at Sean. He figured that the young man needed to push towards his goal, and if he did, it would help the whole group out a lot to have another strong sword in their mist. Plus, he thought the young man had the temperament to be impressive and strong and a good honorable man and knight who would add to both of their kingdoms.

Mystique smiled happily as she listened to the men talk. She felt that things will soon be better. She would only need to keep an eye on Bessie who seems to be in a better shape than before. She would need to speak to that Anna and see what kind of a person she was. But for now it was time for Sean to speak his mind.

Sean smiled broadly as he heard the news. He then straightened his back and stood as straight as an arrow.
"Thank you for allowing me to be an apprentice to knighthood. I will do my best to serve both Princess Mystique and Prince Edward and will learn as quick as I can. What kind of weapon would be the best for someone my size? Tell me what I need to do and I will do whatever it takes to become a good knight."

Marvin looked at him as he thought about this for a good moment, the weapon and the man had to fit together, otherwise both would not achieve what they could. his eyes scanned the young man, he wasn't a mountain of a man, and he was pretty fast too. He thought about it for a moment before he figured out himself what would be best for the man to use. "Well, now, I think the best type of weapon would be a light weapon with range, something that you can use for defense and attack, without having to rely on heavy armor," he commented as he looked at him. "I think a trident would work great, if you use it right you can stop attacks, have range on people and be very deadly. Plus I am sure I can get one made for you. I think you would do best with chain armor and not plate as plate I think would be to heavy and would take away your advantages in quickness," he mused to Sean.

"Hmmmm.... never thought of a trident. Light chain armor might be best for Shadow as well. Shadow is young but is not used to much weight except mine. Actually, Shadow and I have not had much time to ride together.
What about the ones that will pull the wagon? how many will we need? We will need to have spare parts to fix the harness or the wagon as we travel.
Perhaps we should go get the horses or oxen then get the wagon....." Sean spoke as he thought out what he felt was best to do first.

"That way, Bessie and Mystique can get what they have ready to be packed in the wagon once it is properly cleaned and aired. Or should I get fitted first so that the armor can be made while we retrieve the wagon. Marvin, which would be the best?"

"Good question, but there is a part of the situation that you have to take into account, Sir Sean," he said as he looked at him, "Tomel, promised one of his people to help, and Tomel was getting the oxen for the wagon. That means that the new guest will take care of the oxen, to complete Tomel's last assignment. For you it would be best to get your gear, bring your horse as well, it will be important that you both are prepared. The new help will drive the wagon, and perhaps Prince Edward as well, and Aeris from time to time as well. Perhaps bronze armor would work too, it is lighter then normal armor, but it will all be up to you and what feels best for you," he explained to the younger male. "Princess, Prince, we shall take our leave, I am sure you two have much to talk about as well," he commented calmly as he bowed. He motioned his new apprentice to follow him as he headed towards the blacksmiths shop to find the best gear for Sean.

Back
Top Bottom