Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

An amazing Adventure (silverknight and the creator)

Aeris looked at him and then pulled him next to her and put her arm around him. "Well, yes, that is something that you will need to work on. I don't plan to hide in your home, and I don't plan to get fat or anything either," she said softly as she looked at him. "Just know that there are other men who might think I am good looking, but I am not interested in them, and I am only interested in you. I have to do my job and well, that causes people to admire me for my natural skills, and my looks, I can't help that at all," she explained softly. Now, I understand what you meant, and that is cute, I feel somewhat empty without you around too, I miss you and being around you a lot. I kind of envy you, you know what you are, I have no clue what I am really, I know what I can do, but what I really am, no clue, given all the things about my past and all."

Salime nodded his head as he figured the story out, she kicked her husband out and he got revenge and then things went down as they had. It was a sad story, and he felt for her, but he knew it was to late to save her from what he could tell. "Well, when you die this land will be empty, most likely someone will come here and take over this land, the population isn't great enough to even stay. The fact you have lasted this long on your power is one of the most impressive things I have ever seen in my life. I have to say, you must of been an amazing woman when you were younger worth courting and your people would be worth saving, but I do not want to go against their ways," he said quietly back, "I think it might be best to leave this kingdom and go and find you a student and then return home so that we can defend ourselves. I would be willing to help you, but to rule a land empty of people would be not so great."

“And I would give a lot to forget most of my past. I only found out what I am, thanks to Zadiccus. My memory of before Simimar came to the Castle was nil but now I know all. Zadiccus restored my memory. I heard a great many things that he said about the three of us. Simimar caught me listening and changed me into a rat. It was then that he found out about our abilities. We had some schooling and were excelling beyond our parents wildest dreams.
Perhaps you should be thankful that you don’t remember everything. Sometimes things really hurt you when you find them out. Just be yourself and enjoy your skills. You are great at many things and I am not. Magic is all that I am good for. The mind blocks out things for our own good sometimes. I only wished that I had listened to Zadiccus.
Would you like for me to tell you of my ship? It is part of my compromise to you. I think that it would work out well.” Sean spoke from his heart but he wanted to change the subject to his compromise. He knew that they should be in the meeting but they also needed to talk about their misunderstanding.

would be not so great."
“That is my problem. I am literally tied to this land. I can not pack up and go. I have tried many times. I just get weak and pass out. My people can not come back into this land after they had children. They have tried to come back. There is a barrier that prevents parents bringing their children inside the kingdom.” The Queen went white with fear and began to visually shake. She barely whispered.
“Take her away now before she too is cursed. It has happened before.”

Mystique stood up quickly and spoke as she felt about.
“Tomel, one of your tomes. Please quickly. There may still be time.”

Aeris nodded her head as she figure he might be right, not remembering her childhood that well might be a good thing, and not knowing her place in the world might be something she could figure out with time and practice and exploration. "Yes, I would like to know about the ship and the things that you have done to it. I am sure that it is a much nicer place then the last time I happened to be on it," she said softly as she figured that he was proud of his work on it, and she figure that she wanted to hear about it as well. If she was going to go with the compromise that would be her new home from that point on after all.

"I see, this is what this situation is," Tomel commented as he looked at the Queen, he paused for a moment understand the deep harm done to the poor old woman from the man who she had he figured once loved and who had betrayed her twice. "Well now, then there are three people who can do this and help her in what she wants to do. Tomel, myself and Xavier. Tomel is a king and has his own issues to worry about and focus on. Xavier is a teacher, and a wondering grand mage, his terms of grand magehood are that he can't ever become a royal leader or any type of leader directly from what I understand. That leaves myself, and I do think tis might be something we have to do," he commented to Tomel and to Mystique looking at the pair of them. "Edward is a great man, but no mage at all. Same with the others."

Tomel looked over and blinked how did Mystique know that he knew how to do that. He shook his head, as he figured Xavier must of told her about the tomes in his training, he and Xavier were co-students under the same teacher and had learned together though, he wasn't on the part of the grand mage himself. He nodded his head and created a tome for the action, that was what she was referring to at the moment. "Well now, this should do the trick for the moment, but you will need Xavier to make something more advance for her, his magic is far superior to my own magic or that of Salime or even both ours combined."

“I only hope that I have everything that you would want.” Sean smiled at Aeris with a hopeful look in his eyes. He moved over to a table and took out a slender wand.
“This is how I can show you here. This is my drawing wand. I can write on things and it will fade away soon after I lift my wand.
This is what the deck looks like……….

This is what at the moment am calling the Scrimmage Floor. It will be mostly for your use. You can put up traps and battle various men or women in mock battles. I can make a special suit because I have dragon skin. It is stronger than any other material. I hope that you will allow me to do that for you no matter what happens between us.

Next is the Storage Floor. The rooms are large and roomy enough for large loads. Plus it is spell locked,

This is the Living Floor. So far I have only used the Kitchen.

This is the Bedroom Floor which is totally unfurnished. I have not used it at all.

This is the Laboratory Floor. This is where I mostly live. Also, where you were kept captive. I keep that room as it is so that I can remember what you went through.

This is an interesting floor in my opinion. I can study the currents, creatures and such life.

Tell me honestly, could you live on my ship? I am working on one last feature, making it fly through the air so that I can stay in my home while we travel and you can have your adventures. Will it be suitable for a child to live in? What can I do to make it more livable for you?” Sean looked at her with a worried look on his face.

“I quite agree with you, Salime. You are the one who I picked to take my rightful place. I will willing give my Kingdom to you if you are willing to take care of what I am leaving you. Will you vow to keep this kingdom in the best shape possible, rule fairly and care about the land? Will you learn from my mistakes and the mistakes of others before me? Think of what you will vow to do for this land and any people that may come under your rule.” The Queen looked tired and old. Her voice became shakey.
“Come with me and see what you will be inheriting. “

Mystique smiled at Tomel. She telepathically spoke to him.
~~If I remember correctly, you make tomes for the wagon….~~

"It is a most impressive bit of work you have done, you have made a interseting place to live that is easy to see, I am very impressed by all of it," Aeris commented as she looked over each and ever piece of paper that happened to be in front of her flipping though them one at a time as she looked over everything that was there. She then looked at Sean again and saw the worry in his face as she smiled. "Yes, it is the type of place I would be able to live and raise my family with you on," she said as she leaned closer and kissed his cheek softy for a moment. "It is a very lovely place, you did a great deal of work, and I am looking forward to this future with you, away more now honestly, not that I wasn't before," she admitted resting her head on his shoulder knowing that this would be good, so their child would be able to see the world and get a idea of what was out in the world and they would become better well rounded too.

"Of course, I am willing to do so, I mean it would be a fool who made a promise without the meaning of carrying it though. I don't think that it would be wise to do anything but help out these people and lead them to a new future. Though I am sure that things will be different then before, I am sure your legacy will be much stronger with this action. I vow, I will protect and do everything I can for the people of this land," the eleven wizard promised. He followed the queen as she left the room, he wasn't sure what she wanted to show him, but he would humor her for the moment at least. He figured that the land would need work and would need to find a way to grow in a short period of time then was normal. He would find some way to make the kingdom strong again, it just might take time.

-Oh, yeah I forgot about that back then, that was forever ago- the elven king replied blushing a bit as he thought about that and how embarrassing that it was to forget such a simple thing. "Well now, you have grown a lot sense the scared princess who came to my lands, you are growing into a impressive woman, and I am glad to see that you are improving so much."

Sean slipped his arms around Aeris’ waist with relief.
“Thank you Aeris from the bottom of my heart. The only thing that I ask is not to bother the laboratory. I have a few projects that I am working on. I had hoped to have it finished by now but I have had a few setbacks like having to come here. I am not sure that I am really needed here. There is some kind of a triangle procedure that I am to take part of. Do you know anything about it? I have kinda not paid attention to what is going around me lately.” He whispered softly as he held his lovely lady close to him. He had his eyes closed and was wishing that they were somewhere else than here.

“I know that you may feel like I am a bit dotty but I must follow this part through and hand over the keys to you. If this transference is not done properly, the land will become a barren wasteland. Or at least that is what I have been told.” The Queen spoke solemnly as she walked down a long twisting flight of stairs.
Once they were downstairs, one could see several small cells on either side of the wall. A thick wooden door was on each cell. Only one cell was open and if you was to look inside you would see a wooden block against one wall with chains at head and foot, a set of chains on the opposite wall, a block with a hole in it that lead to a lake below and was used as a toilet for it had a metal grate in the center. On the door were a tray where food was placed on and a small sliding window. The only light was from the window in the door.

“A gruesome place in there. You may explore it after you have taken over the Title. This door is where we are heading through. You will be the first male in over 75 years to enter here.” She pulled out a large ring of keys and selected one with a large eyeball. She unlocked the door and turned around.
“This is Salime who is taking the title. Salime, this is the All Seeing Eye and guardian of the Laboratory. You will see what is in store for you.” The Queen spoke as she turned and lead him into the room. It was nothing fancy or out of ordinary in the room.
The Queen led him across the room without stopping. A smaller door stood before her. She took out another key with a skeleton on it and open the door. She then turned to Salime and held up the key.
“This is Salime who is taking the title. Salime, this is The Skeleton Key that hides the secrets of the castle.” She spoke as she led him into a room with many torturing devices items. There were cells in here and of various sizes. Several Iron Maidens, Aa set of water torture where there was a central vessel of water and four beds with straps designed to hold people down while the water dripped relentlessly onto them, Thumbscrews were lined up on a table along with other devices, the racks were lined up on another wall and many other atrocities were organized with a direct path to a small door that the Queen nearly ran to for she hated this section of the dungeons.
Once she arrived at the door, she picked out a red key and open the door to a darken room.
“This is Salime who is taking the title. Salime, this is the key of Danger.” She spoke with tears streaming down her face as she was forced to look back on the torture chamber. She turned slowly and fearlessly walked into the pitched black darkness. As she reached a certain spot in the room, an eerie red light began to glow.
She walked straight to a bowl and took off the cover.
“Look into the bowl, Salime. It is the Bowl of Life. It can tell you what is going on at a specific time. But be aware that because of outside influences, things can be changed for the better or worse. By seeing into the future, you can change it. By looking in the past, you can see what has happened. By looking at the day, you will see what is going on around on around. Use it wisely and cautiously.” The Queen stood on a metal plate and was silent for a minute then placed the keys on the table next to her. Her eyes closed slowly as she waited for Salime to take the last step to ownership of the title. If he did, she would internally combust and turn to ashes. A hidden book would land gently besides the keys with instructions of how to get to the inner most chambers- The Chamber of Secrets which could make him the most formidable sorcerer of all times. She had lived for over two hundred years and was weary of being a Queen. It was a boastful jest that she had made and now maybe she could finally rest. She could face her vengeful husband with the news of a new ownership of his castle. She would even call out ‘Haides Kerberos Matchitehew, I am coming to see you once more. Be prepared!’

“So will you get Aeris out of here? If she is pregnant like she thinks she is, she may even lose it. If she has not already done so.” Mystique spoke in a demanding way yet she had a hint of fear in the back of her voice.

((Her husband was seen as a jovial host that was witty. He ruled with an iron fist but very few knew of his torture chamber and those that did see it, never came out of it for they were given to the piranha of the lake below. Usually, as they were dying or half dead.
Haides means "unseen."
Kerberos means "demon of the pit."
Matchitehew means "he has an evil heart."))

"Well now, I don't know anything about it, so you are cooking up stuff that you want secret okay, that is fine," she replied as she looked at him. "I trust you enough to not go into your little shop of horrors or whatever," she said teasing him at the same time as it was just to easy to do. "I know it involves you and your sister and Mystique, um Sir Xavier told me about that, but other then that I don't know anything other then that it is super important to the future of the world. It is part of the reason why Xavier decided to teach the princess the arts of magic that he knew, but I am looking to going to that ship with you and spending time with you alone there again and just relaxing you and I like a couple."

Salime looked at the rooms, they were filled with things that he would have to remove or change or use magic to clean up as soon as was possible, he guessed this was why the king had been kicked out. He knew that he had to be more careful in picking the woman that became queen someday and not just end up making the same mistakes. He had seen such things before and he was a man of a strong will as well. He walked following her quietly as she walked though the areas. He looked at the various items as he listened to the queen as he made his way to the final room before the Chamber of Secrets. he looked at her and then the bowl of life for a moment seeing the past, as he then walked over towards the key. "Well, may you find peace in that next life," he said before picking up the key as he saw her turn to ashe as she had told him would happen. He looked at the instructions to read them.

"It will be okay, Mystique, do not fret so much, Xavier knew about the curse before hand, it isn't like he is some rookie. Given the state of the two of the mages now, it is easy to say that he is the most powerful mage alive at this point, he prepared Aeris for this curse and set it up so that she would be able to come here without losing her child. He was my fellow classmate but he is far superior to me in the ways of magic, plus if you feel it the curse had been lifted anyhow," Tomel said as he felt the curse leave the land as he looked at the princess knowing that she must of felt it as well. "Salime has taken the spot as the next king of this land, I figure I shall have to help him to fix up the castle now," Tomel added with a laugh.

“I’d like that very much. The crew are ones that I kinda made. But they only obey me. I’ll inform them that you are simply an extension of me and are to listen to you, because you are part of me. I already warned them that if I was fortunate enough, I would bring you with me. I hope that you don’t mind me saying that, sweetheart.” Sean spoke softly.
“Perhaps we should go back to the meeting and when we can leave, we will go to the ship/ There we can talk more?”

A book of instructions floated down out of nowhere. It settled down on a podium which glowed with a soft light. The book opened up and a voice came out of the book.
“Who is my new master? I am here to serve you, as a Grimore of Knowledge should obey the one who has the keys to the castle. Has the old owner given them to you out of her own free will? No coercion, no mind altering drugs or other means of persuasion?”

Mystique paused to feel what the Castle was feeling and suddenly she smiled.
“Yes, Tomel, you are quite correct. I get these feelings and there is nothing yet that I can do about them. Seerism runs in the family but rarely is there a true Seer. I only get inclinations and they are new to me. I am not at all sure of those feelings unless there is a sudden feeling of dread and I wish that I did not have any of the Seerism.
I hope that the Castle is not too bad and easily fixed up. Perhaps we can finish up this meeting. To me it is …… useless to include me since I have no skills or thoughts of war. I don’t want to see one either.” She spoke honestly.

"Well, good to know, we can go when we are done here and I can get used to being on your ship as well," Aeris commented with a nod of her head in agreement as she smiled. "Well now led the way, Sean, I am sure the meeting won't last much longer then it has, but we shall see when we get to the meeting room. I am sure they can come up with things other then the basics that we don't need to deal with.

"I am Salime, and I can assure you the Queen who came before me was of her right mind when she gave me the keys to the castle," he replied honestly as he heard the voice from the book. He moved towards the book and was curious about the book, his curiosity was something that was rather natural to the elf wizard. He was curious about this castle, but he was sure that he would find ways to make the kingdom around it better then it had been before, he just had to work on his plans. If he did any less he would be letting down the queen who came before himself.

"This land will take time to improve, it will time to become something new, something different, but Salime is a good man and a very good mage, not the greatest ever, but he is as good as me at least," Tomel commented as he looked at her, "I am surprised that it is Aeris and not you, my dear princess that is with child, I figured you would have one at this point," he said teasing her a bit as he looked over at the blond elf princess. "I guess, that is a good thing, but I do admit it is a bit of a surprise."

Sean stood up and held out his hand as he prepared to leave the room.
“You may be right, my love. But we won’t know for sure until we get there.” He spoke with a smile and was just simply glad that they were back together. Together they would rule their own world in their own way, in their own time and in their own home.

The book spoke once more.
“I am the Grimore of the Castle. I have magically recorded the events from the time I was invented over 500 years ago. The main problem of locating items from me is that unless you want a specific Item of Interest, it is best to ask for General Item of Interest. While I can multitask, it takes time for me to find all of the information that you ask for. If you want something fast, ask for one item at a time. I will bring that information up and while you read about that information, I will search for the next request. You may also command me to hold the information until you get back but anyone that gets into this room can read it as well. The decision is up to you.
You can also make new commands for me to follow if you ask the correct questions.
I store many spells, potions, curses and blessings.
I can remember many things from past owners.
I can only tell you what is written in my pages which are not exactly seeable. The way it is done is to speak what you wish to record. You can change your own pages but not pages from other owners. You can have written pages if you find a Book Worm. The Book Worm can do the writing of pages quickly and easily.
Do you have any questions for me?”

“Why would I be with a child? I have no desire to become pregnant until I feel the time is right. Right now we have an enemy to defeat or at least subdue to where he or she would not be a nuisance to society.” Mystique looked puzzled.

"Well then let's us go back and see what is up," Aeris commented as he looked at him and gave him a smile as she got to her feet and helped Sean up as well. She held his hand as the two headed back to the meeting room as she felt better about things.

"Well, most of the time we don't plan to have kids it happens out of a moment of desire and passion. I figured you would of have a few of these moments by now. I guess you haven't felt the need for such desire or passion," Tomel replied honestly as he dropped the subject as he saw the embarrassed look on his face as he remained quiet for the moment.

Salome looked at the group as he returned and smiled," well it is all taken care f but I am going to need your help all of you to improve this land and repair this castle and make it better than it is at the moment," he commented to the ones gathered including Sean and Aeris who had just returned to the room.

Sean was happy that Aeris was willing to compromise and felt much better which showed in how he carried himself. After they entered the room, he looked around. The first thing that he noticed was there was a change in the atmosphere, the Queen was gone.
“Or perhaps we happen to have tighter control on our emotions? Anyways, we shall take care not to indulge in such pleasures yet. We have a long life ahead of us yet.” Mystique smiled as she murmured and slipped her hand into Edward’s hand.
“What would you like for us to do? I have learned crafts and have gained many abilities since I started my education. “Sean asked as he noticed Zadiccus sit down looking very pale. He became very worried looking as he gazed on Zadiccus.
“It is time young man to prove that you have mastered the last lesson I gave you.” Zadiccus barely whispered.
Sean stood by his side with his hand on Zadiccus’ shoulder.
“I understand, I am sorry to see you go, my teacher, my mentor and my friend. Go in peace and I will do you have asked. Rest in peace, Zadiccus Sean Zolinger. Rest in peace.” Sean spoke softly.

Zadiccus gave Sean one last smile as he whispered
“Step away, my son and receive my essence.”
A grey mist began to form as Zadiccus closed his eyes one last time. His body sagged as the mist left the body. Sean looked softly down at his former mentor as his body began to become a mist. Once the last of the boy was a mist, Sean quickly pulled out a jar and opened the lid as he softly spoke
“Beannacht maith mo mhúinteoir, mo meantóir, mo chara. Is mian liom d'fhéadfaí tú fanacht ach a rá leat go gcaithfidh tú dul. Beidh i mo chroí a bheith i gcónaí ina áit do tú go dtí deireadh Ama. An chuid eile i síocháin, mo mhúinteoir, mo meantóir, mo chara. Tagann An chuid eile i síocháin go dtí go Deireadh Am.”
The mists slowly moves to the open jar. Once every last hint of the mist was in the jar, Sean closed it and puts it in his cloak without speaking a word.

"Well yeah, I can tell, you are better at controlling your impluses then most of us," Tomel said as he looked at the two of them, smirking as he saw Edward's face turn red from just holding her hand. Maybe he wasn't ready for it either, and he hoped the two got closer as he was sure they were going to need each other in the future. He knew that he had seen a vision of that child that told him, that it was very important they did get together and were happy with each other at least long enough for the little girl he saw was born. Tomel looked at his former servant and smiled nodding his head a good job to him.

"It would seem that the end of the last generation has finally fully happened, Sean, you will be extremely important cause your teacher was. The three great mages of their day are all gone. Man, I feel old," Xavier said softly with a bit of sadness in his voice. "Well, now, we can work for the work with you three, Well not yet, Mystique isn't ready yet, she had to undergo a trail to be prepared for her spot as the the third member, a kind of test for you and it will enable you to become a master despite the fact that I am not dead nor am I going to die any time soon," he informed her as he figured that was important. "You can take a person to help you on your trail, but only a person."

Aeris took Sean's arm as he was done, "are you okay," she asked with concern in her tone as she looked over at him softly.

Mystique smiled softly then spoke….
“Perhaps we should get to the meeting. Such things can spoke of later when we feel that it is more appropriate timing.”

Mystique then turned her attention to Xavier and what he was speaking of
“Would you go with me, Edward? I trust you more than anyone else. Not knowing what to expect and not as knowledgeable as you, are the other two reasons.” Mystique looked up at Edward.

Sean nodded then spoke to Xavier for he was a bit confused
“Xavier, who and what are these three members? Zadiccus never said anything about three members of any kind. What is the significance of the number three? And shouldn’t we be talking about and planning for this war that is sure to come?”

Far away in another country, a good looking Queen was looking over her kingdom in her lonely tower. She had that visitor once more but was not able to attend to his needs. Her men turned him away several times. This time however, he was met by the Palace Wizards. They escorted him to a small house where he could rest until the Queen could attend to him. It had been a full three days and she needed to go down the garden path. She went to her chambers and changed her clothes.

Edward took Mystique's hand into his own and gave it a comforting little squeeze as he gave her a warm and kind smile as he figured she would want support and would need support for her advancement as a mage. "I will stand by your side no matter what Mystique," he said before leaning over and kissing her cheek softly, "You are my sweet, and I will protect you even if it means giving up my life to do so," he declared honestly as he moved closer to the princess and then stood up and looked over to Xavier, "point us the way, and we will be off," he told the mage as he was ready to head out on this adventure or path or test for Mystique.

"Well, Sean, the number three is important cause, well cause three is the number that was important to the old timers and well, there has always been three great mages, The last generation of great mages you meet two of recently, Zadiccus, and the Queen once were friends, Zadiccus served the queen long ago, before she married if what I was told was right. My master, Sirocco was another one, and the three worked together to bring some order the the world. My former master died and I took his place. I am not close enough to have a connection to anyone especially mages, and I don't believe in fate, so I gave up the responsibility and left the challenge or test as a way for someone to aquire the the abilities of the third great mage, I am well still a great mage and I kind of broke the system, so there will be four great mages, but only the three can combine their powerse to become even stronger. You, now Salome is like me, not connected to you, so for the three, he too will have to find someone worthy to teach and take the test to be able to be part of the power of three, and then there is you Sean who has strong connections already."

Xavier pulled out a old tome and threw it on the wall creating a portal to a unknown world, for Mystique and Xavier to go to and explore and for Mystique's test to happen in.

"So, you keep your window up still," Marvin commented as he looked over to the Queen who he had come to visit. He sat in the window seal and slipped in dodging a fire ball thrown at him as he gave her a half smile. "Our son, how is he doing?"

“I am glad to have you as a friend, Edward. There is much that I admire in you. I believe in what you say and do. Let us depart quickly.” Mystique asked as she slipped her arm around his waist.

“How any sets of three great mages are there at one time? Is it like the older set teaching a younger set for when they pass on? And will I need to take such a challenge? What else can you speak of the Great Mages and how I have strong connections? “Sean spoke with a frown as he put his hand on the container in his cloak. Just what did Zadiccus get him into this time?

“He has grown and is well. He excels in the swordsmanship and what they are calling the Nimble Arts of Movement. He has very good sense of balance and his eyes are quick to see things that most men do not see. He does well in wrestling as well.
His mathematics, languages, history and such are above what a normal boy would know. He is very much interested in the world and what is happening in it. “She spoke softly as she walked into the room. She had not expected the thumping of her heart to start once more. She walked across the room with grace and dignity of a Queen.
“He can carve animals and has some magical talent developing. He loves a good game of chess. He eats as if he has a hollow leg.” A soft chuckle could be heard.
“Now I have a question to ask you. Why have you come back here?” the Queen turned to look at Marvin with hurt in her eyes and the loneliness was hidden why back in her mind. But it was there for anyone who had the ability to see them.

"Mystique, as I tell you this, know this, I love you, very much, and wish to make you as happy as you can be, and well make our lives together as good as possible. I am not that great of a man, and just a normal man, but I will do what I can to make you as happy and able to reach your dreams as I can," he said looking at the blonde elf whom he loved dearly. He smiled as he looked down the path, he looked at the ground, looking for any footprints but found nothing sadly, "Well down the path we go, I will keep a look out for things, I am not as good as the others, but I will try to see if I catch something as we go."

"one to three, matters how many are needed and if they are able to find successors or if other great mages are born with natural talent, but your connection to Bessie, and Mystique is known and should be known to you. You are connected by friendship and live, your fates or what they would call fates are somewhat connected, You fell in love with the chief ninja of the prince and the princess the queen, and your sister well anyhow, you see my point, there is a connection between not just you, but the people who you are drawn to as well," he pointed out. "Zadiccus, well, um a lot, he defeated a dragon, he saved a princess of old, and he build a whole kingdom before he retired to live the life he did souring in his old age from what I know."

"Sounds good, I am glad I left him with you, I know you will raise him to be a good man," he said looking at her softly, as he took a deep breath, "I have learned a lot recently, been around younger people who showed me a lot about not giving up and making up for past mistakes," he commented actually thinking about what he had learned from seeing how Sean dealt with Aeris. "I came technically to ask for a meeting between you and the grand mages who wish to talk to you, actually Xavier who wants your help. The real reason is cause I want to make up for the mistakes I made with you," he said as he took a step towards her and pulled her into his arms. "I have never not loved you, I have never kissed another woman since I left, I wish I could be with you, and raise our son with you, but I know this is to much to ask, and shall not force such a thing upon you."

“Thank you my love. You do not yet know how much I love you. One day you will realize just how much I do. I’ll keep an eye out as well as we go. “Mystique steps inside the opening. The birds were flying about and chattering while rabbits and squirrels played their games of tag or hide. As far as Mystique could tell there were no outsiders around.
“I am not sure what my testing will be but let’s meet the challenge that is waiting for me.” Mystique spoke softly as she moved forward into the woods.

“It is all about the association of the wizards that I have with…. those who are greater than I. Perhaps I am to back Princess Mystique with Bessie by my side in this future war. I can’t imagine a war let alone even think of being in one. But there is a war coming. Zadiccus showed it to me in a bowl of silver watery liquid. It was horrible.” Sean spoke softly as his arm sought out Aeris’ waist.

“Oh Marvin. You know that it is hard for me to think logically with you holding me like this. Give me some room to think and I will answer you.” Violetta put her hands on his strong chest and paused only for a few seconds before she pushed against his chest gently. She soon changed her mind and laid her head on Marvin’s chest.
“Just what do they want to speak to me about? I have not spoken with them and have not spoken with Xavier since the two of you left. I have not had time to do as much I would like with my magical skills. I have had to do much delegating since you left. I have three mages who do the work that I used to do. Most of my time is occupied with the running of this kingdom, warring with the dwarves, pushing trolls and orcs back and those Geryons that have appeared….. they are basically nearly impossible to stop.
A domus infestation and yes I know that you are lurking in the shadows. They are some of the worst pests that I have ever known.
I have plenty on my plate without concerning myself with those grand mages. They are bound to be pompous and overbearing. I would not have the patience to deal with them.” Violetta spoke then raised her head suddenly.
“Come with me to see our son. I believe that Sir Reginald will be sending him through his balancing paces which he delights in. He loves a good challenge. He is working on a mixed rock pile at the moment. He will also be going through his obstacle course before he is allowed to clean up for dinner. We can talk more later after dinner. This is my favorite time of the day and the time I look forward to everyday. The only thing that has kept me going these days.” She spoke softly as an older male spoke to a younger male who was in his early teens could be heard outside the window.

Bessie had fallen asleep and she had forgotten why. She sat up and felt a deep throbbing pain deep inside of her. It was not a physical pain but a deeper more than emotional pain. She did not know why or understand where it came from. It was even deeper than when Sean left so long ago.
((Geryon-According to Hesiod, Geryon had one body and three heads, and was part of The Tenth Labour of Heracles ))

"Well, I am sure things will work out as they are suppose too," Edward commented as he looked ahead following a path with his eyes for a moment or two. He then smiled as he looked at what he could tell was the enterance to a maze, it was cute, a large oversize corn maze. It fit the man who made it, his whimsical nature and how he was able to think outside the box but also enjoy the moment from what he could tell. He smiled as he looked over the corn and he figured inside of the maze were the puzzles as well as the fact they would have to get though the maze, and the prize they were after was inside of the maze. He figured that Mystique could handle this, he had a lot of trust in her and her skills and ability to figure out the mysteries of the maze.

"Yes, that is correct, your power is one of the ones that will be needed in this war, it is going to be a hellish war, which will cause all sorts of problems on this planet, and one which the world will have to unite against a overwhelming evil," Xavier commented as he looked at Aeris, "one that might last till my own replacement takes over to myself, a child who hasn't been born yet, but who will be born to my last student, the child of the student of Zaddiccus, and the lost elven princess," he commented as as he noticed how Aeris moved close to Sean.

Marvin held Violetta close to himself as he knew he had to help her, he looked down at her and kissed her forehead gently, "I will stay, I am not needed anymore by the Prince, or my students, they are all prepared to last on their own. I know that soon, Xavier can return to help finish our son's education," he commented as he looked at her, having this dark elf in his arms was something amazing, how he missed it, and missed her so much. "Now, let us go see this young man, I wish to see him, and meet him finally, I think that it would be best to get to know him. I shall help you with your and the kingdoms trouble, I am not so bad at handling trouble people and things," he commented with a smile as he kept her close to himself.

(Nothing big, just a maze with a few simple traps that will require her to use her tome skill and elemental magic to pass them)

“A maze…. How delightful which tells me that it may be more to it than it seems. Let us see what lies inside. Sometimes there are surprises inside so we must be careful. It will be interesting I am sure……” Mystique murmured as she walked towards a blind corner.

Sean looked at Aeris in surprise as he just realized what he found out.
“Did you know or sense the gender of the baby? I kinda wish that I didn’t know because now I want to protect you more, Aeris. Not that a baby boy could do more than a baby girl……..” he finally stammers out.
“Not that you aren’t capable of taking good care of yourself and the baby, but I want to take care of you and the baby. Make sure that you have what you need, want, desire…. Its gonna be hard on me I’m afraid……”Sean stops speaking before he says something wrong and simply kissed Aeris fully on the lips as his hand slid into her hair……..

“Then come but don’t be surprised when our son’s mouth drops wide open when he sees a strangers arm around me. Sire Reginald has done his best in training Albricias Marvin.” Violetta spoke gently as she guided Marvin out to the Training Grounds.
“Good day, Sire Reginald, Albricias.” Violetta spoke softly.
“Good day, Queen Violetta. I see that you have decided to come back, Marvin.” Sire Reginald bit back his bitter words as he notices Marvin.
“Good day, Queen Mother.” Albricias spoke in a formal tone to show his resentment in seeing a male who was too close to his mother.
“Prince Albricias, you have always wanted to see your father. Marvin is your father and he has come to see you. Your lessons will suffer for the next few days. I will let your tutor know this fact. You will however take your final exam in the morning before your break.” Violetta spoke gently.

“Yes, Queen Mother.” Albricias spoke quietly and firmly as he stared at Marvin.

((Albricias in Elvin means Elf Ruler and Marvin means Son of Merfin or Merlin in Welsh/Old English. Reginald means power of judgment. I use 20,000 names as a reference book for names. ))

The next area of the maze was deep with lava down the whole lane, it was meant as a test for element transformation that she would of learned, it wasn't nearly as hard as a task as it might seem, but it was one that was needed for Mystique to advance. Edward blinked looking at the distance, scanning the area for a possible path to pass on. his eyes saw one, but it would take him carrying Mystique across on his back. "Okay, put out the flames if you can and get on my back, hold on tightly when you do so," he commented to her.

"Nope, neither actually, it is what your teacher told me once, Sean, long ago when I was young," he commented as he looked at the mage, "plus it is a unborn child, that means it could be this one or a future one who says you only have but one child ever," he said kidding the two of them just a bit as it was to much fun not to do so.

Aeris was blushing a good bit as she felt Sean's arm around her waist, the white haired young woman wasn't used to being protected so much, but she was starting to think she might not mind it as much as she once thought she would. She was taken off guard by the kiss as she returned it, slipping her arm around Sean as she let the kiss linger, somewhat showing off, but also just enjoying the moment that he was having with Sean and the closeness between the two of them.

"Well, your mother is correct, I am your poor father who has treated you poorly so far in life," he said honestly letting go of Violetta as he looked at Albricias, he could see a strong young man who had grown up, a man who was impressive. "I do not even ask you to think of me as your father, asking such a thing would be incorrect, I am sure Sire Reginald has done a far better job raising you with your mother than I could ever have done," The one eyed knight commented as he looked at him. "I will also feel pride when I remember a day long ago when I lost this eye protecting your mother," he said pointing to his eyepatch, "but that was long ago, you were not born yet then, now you are a young man, and I bet as serious as your mother too," he said softly.

Mystique knew that she would have to cool the lava either by water or by ice. She had to do the choosing so she chose water because she was able to handle water more easily. She began to pull out the moisture out of the air and holding it in a ball. The ball grew and grew until she could no longer hold it. She gave the ball a great push and it landed on the lava path that quickly cooled and solidified.
“Let’s go Edward!” Mystique spoke as she watched the path sizzle and cooled into what is called ‘pillow lava’ or in other words quickly cooled and harden lava.

“So you don’t know what child of ours it will be? Nor which generation? Just that it is a female. I think that there are too many possibilities out there for you to determine which child it is to be. Let’s just say Que sera, sera and leave it be.” Sean spoke as he held Aeris close to him.
“What is your opinion, my sweet mate of mine?”

“Perhaps so, sir. But I am myself and no one else. How long ago did you leave my Queen Mother? How old was I? Why did you leave us and the Kingdom?” the young man looked deep into Marvin’s face, searching for answers that confirmed what he had been told.
“You did not want to be a King?”

“Yes he is very outspoken and very serious person. Yet he has his good side as well. How are we to address you now that you are back in the kingdom?” Sire Reginald asked.

Queen took a couple steps back to see what would develop between the three of them.

Edward followed as he looked at her and then worked his way to the otherside of the lava and led ehr along the trail, he was impressed by what he has seen, her skills were most impressive. The path continued as they got to a second test, this one had a piece of paper two of them which would require the proper use of a tome to move the wall, and then pass by. Edward couldn't do much here, but he figured that Mystique would better understand the situation that was before her then he did. The dark haired prince looked over the wall carefully, "I think there is an anti magic seal or something on the wall, to prevent cheating perhaps?"

"Well, um we will see when we see," Aeris commented blushing contently, she wasn't worried about it, whatever the child was, it was. To her, it would be special no matter if it was a little boy or little girl, they were going to be her child no matter what and that made them super important to her.

"You may address me however you wish, I am no one important, I have made many errors in my life, far to many to count," he said with a humble tone to his voice as he looked at the young man and smiled just a bit as he looked at the young man. She was pressed up against him a bit as she smiled feeling comfortable where she was.

"Now, true, let time sort it all out, for it will all work out, fate may change, life can change, the course of stars change, anything is possible, but I am sure you know this too," Xavier said with a smile as he looked at the ground. "I am going to have to go soon, when Mystique gets back, hand her this ring," he commented handing Sean a beautiful blue ring, "and this is the tome with the information to use the combination connection magic," he explained handing over the scroll a moment later.

"You were six months old when I left," he said honestly as he looked at him, "I left well, cause I was a idiot, and I didn't think I was good enough for your mother, which I am not. Marvin is my name, I didn't raise the prince, thus any such title is not needed either," he said as he looked at him. "I was scared of responsibility, and having to do something outside of my comfort, and no, being King wasn't ever my goal in life. I wanted a simple life, one of fighting and heroics," he explained. "I was a mercenary for such a life, before that I was a simple farmer's son, nothing special, nothing regal. After I left, I went to battle with a man who know rules a human kingdom. He had killed two royal elven nobles. All that was left was a little girl about your age. I took her on my travels and raised her, earning money though working for various Kings and Queens, fighting wars and taking quest, the last mission for Prince Edward. This quest or mission has been eye opening, I have seen by seeing the foolish acts of a man who perused my adopted daughter's hand, the errors I had made. I think perhaps even at my age, I can still learn from great errors in my past

Back
Top Bottom