Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

An amazing Adventure (silverknight and the creator)

Sean spoke once again.
"yes she is spirited but she had to be. I remember her from when she was young and running around the royal gardens. We did many things together when the rightful King and Queen were alive. Then the epidemic took her parents and mine which drew us together as brother and sister. I will not tolerate the Princess being hurt by someone who barely knows her. I do hope that you will apologize and make amends with her. She does not show anger easily for it made her uncle even more cruel to her. She will normally hold it inside and let out when she is alone. Bessie does not know this side of her so keep it under your hat so to speak..
And speaking of Bessie, she is a simple girl but very much attached to the Princess. I shall be keeping an eye out on you." Sean spoke as he frowned at the much older man. After all he was only 20, Bessie was 16 and Princess was just 19.

"Yees... the weather is about as perfect as one could want for a trip. I do hope that your night passed restfully. Please excuse me so that I can finish up my packing. I'll see you a bit later." Mystique turned quickly at the voice of the Prince but regained her calm composure as well as she could.

"I see, that does explain a good deal, she has much to learn of this world, as I am sure you do as well, youngster, but my duty is to my prince as your duty is to your princess. I do not take my duty lightly as I am sure you do not take your duty to her lightly," he said as he ate some oatmeal. He figured that the natural defensiveness of the man over the younger female was akin to a brotherly relationship and would explain why he came out to help in the first place. "We do have a common foe at least, for I too wish to see this man who is her uncle dead as soon as possible," he mused after quickly finishing his meal and getting up. "I shall not talk to your other friend of this, that is your matter. As for keeping an eye on me, that would be wise, for I assuredly have an eye on all three of you. " he put the book under his shoulder and held the bowl which he went to wash off before he too finished his work before they left. Marvin had seen much of the world, but despite this he was surprisingly only about 28 years old, Aeris happened to be only 18, Edward was 23, and as for Tomel no one had any idea, but the current guess was 23.

"Well, that would make sense, it was nice to be able to meet someone as nice as yourself to be able to help," he said politely as he smiled, "I have to finish packing up myself, if I don't then the others will think I am slacking to much, and I can't have that," he said with a smile waving to her as he went back and finished his own work. The others returned from their work, and everything for the prince and his people was ready within a rather short period of time as the prince could hardly keep still. He was one who loved to explore and while the mission he was on was serious, this was a great change to do just that. The horses soon were ready to head out, as the prince waited for the princess and her own people to be ready to go as well.

Princess Mystique was hungry but did not feel very welcomed by the fire. She paced the floor in her tent as she ate a few nuts and an apple. She was angered to think that anyone would think that she was an ally of that so called uncle of hers. She just paced the floor and waited until it was time to go,

Sean took a bowl of oatmeal to Bessie.
"Eat Bessie then wash your dishes, Then bring out your belongings and then tend to the Princess's needs. We will be leaving soon. I will have you ride with me, leaving Princess Mystique ride what ever horse the prince has for her. I just hope that she remembers her riding lessons." Sean spoke quietly as he ate some oatmeal. He gave his bowl to Bessie with a warm smile before heading to start taking the tents down, his being the first.

Bessie did as she was told for she did not know what else to do. Soon she too had her belongings out of the tent and next to Sean's.
Bessie then check her hair with her fingers, straighten her body and smiled her best.

"My Princess, it is time to go. I hope that you are ready." Bessie announced as she walked into the tent.

"Yes, yes I am more than ready to go. Please take out the basket. I have made a handle that so I can keep certain items with me at all times. " Princess Mystique announced as she put her shoulder bag around her neck and shoulder. She had some embroidery floss and a needle sticking out of it so that she could do embroidery as they rode. She knew that she would need something to keep herself busy.
"I want the bed roll on what ever horse that I am on. When we can I will purchase our own horses and gear. I wonder if a simple wagon would be much trouble......" she spoke as she picked up her satchel and bedroll. She walked out of the tent as Sean came up to the tent.

Before long Sean had the tent down and packed. They waited for what ever horse they would be borrowing.

The idea of a wagon had been on the mind of the female ninja as Aeris went out, she happened to find one that was broken down. She went and looked for Tomel and asked him for help fixing it up. It would put them behind on time, but it would give them more room for supplies. It was a nice one and they could use it with repair. Aeris went and found. "Sir Sean, I managed to find a wagon that was broken down by the river and abandoned, I was wondering if you could help me go and fix it up, Sir Tomel is already heading that way to fix the wagon, and it would be a big help to have your help at it as well," she asked him kindly and then looked over at the prince, and told him of the situation.

The prince nodded as he looked at her and headed off to help, taking his supplies and limited tools they had to fix up the wagon as best as we. The prince looked at the eldest of the people and nodded to him, a communication, that he would stay and watch over things as the prince went and fixed the wagon. When he got there he found the way in need of some TLC, but the wheels and the axels looked in great condition. He went over and started to use a hammer to hammer back in lose joints as he wanted to make the wagon as save as was possible for the time being, they could find more wood or other things to fix it up better if they found a town in the desert to trade them goods.

Aeris and Tomel were working hard as well, each of them doing different things. Tomel was using his axe to cut down some wood and use the wood to replace bad spots in the wagon. Aeris at the same time was fishing, gathering up and catching fish that could be used for food later that day if they were not to find any food. Each had their role and purpose and each knew what that purpose happened to be at the moment. It was a great show of how well the small group naturally worked together.

Mystique over heard what Aeris spoke to Sean about and nodded her permission. She found a comfortable spot to sit and wait while they fixed the wagon. Bessie was not too happy about not leaving since she got up so early. She walked away but Princess Mystique called out
"Don't go too far, Bessie. There are wild animals out there."
Princess Mystique began to do some embroidery on her shoulder bag not paying any more attention for she knew that Sean could do what ever work that was required of him. Bessie would not wander far because she was afraid of all animals.

Sean quickly took out his hammer and small axe from the saddle bags then headed down to where they others were working but he gave Marvin a warning look as he went past the man. Once he arrived everyone was busy so he felt that it was best to ask what to do.

"I have a hammer and a small ax. What may I do to help here?" he spoke calmly as he looked at the wagon.
"If we are to go through a desert, how will the wagon fare in the sand? Wouldn't it sink?"

"That is a good point,, but this isn't a dune desert, then it would be pointless," Tomel commented with a nod of his head, "this is a flat desert, there are no dunes and the sand is hard, and compact and has the constancy of salt as well, from what the reports about it said, the wagon should do well, which is more then I can say about us if we are under the sun for to long, the earth will work as a mirror heating you up from both sides," he explained as he looked at him and then motioned him to help fix the seat. "We will need to have this ready as fast as we can, if we can travel outside the hottest hours then perhaps we can get over easier," he added in as he continued to work.

Marvin noticed the woman walking off, she seemed the least likely to be in this group, and the least knowledgeable from the princess' party. "Princess," he said calmly, "my apologizes for earlier, it was to blunt with my words, these years of fighting and war have hardened my words and me a great deal," he said giving the best apology that he could. "now I am going to follow that helper of yours, I have a bad feeling that she is the type to get herself lost and I am guessing she grew up in your capital correct," he asked as he looked at her before turning and leaving to track and follow Bessie to make sure the female didn't get herself lost.

Sean nodded in understanding, He was just a serving boy but he picked up a lot of information that not everyone knew about.
"I see..... I never been out of the land so I did not know." he spoke as he began to repair the seat. He wished that he had something to make the seat smoother but perhaps a blanket would suffice for preventing splinters.
"Tell me more about where we are heading. It would be helpful to know so that I can be prepared for what may happen."

Princess looked up from her needle work and spoke softly before returning to it.
"I accept your apology."

Bessie decided to walk just a little ways then turn back.. She was not looking for anything specific, just picking up a pretty rock here or a shell there. She wanted to take off her shoes and stick her toes into the water like she did when she was young. But now that she was all grown up, she never had any fun.. There was always something to be done for the Princess but most of the time she did mind it. She just hated to get up so early in the morning. And the Princess always had some animal that would be wanting something to eat. Not that they ever had much to spare when it came to food for that uncle was barely feeding them. She hated them because all they did was eat and make a mess for her to clean up. She bent over to pick up a stone then threw it back down.

"Of course," Tomel commented as he looked at Sean, "I was born in this land, long ago," he commented as he looked over at the river for a moment. "The land was once beautiful, but it was cursed by a wizard who turned the great lake into a desert, without the lake the great city fell and became ruins. That is where we are going. There are still small spots along the way where their are oasis, place where we can rest and gather water. The place is pretty much empty minus a few small settlements that were first created by the refugees of the great capital. You will fine all sorts of animals and birds, but other then that, it is mostly a barren place that as I said has been cursed for a very long time," he explained calmly as he looked over at the younger male. "I was born in one of the refugee settlements, which is why I know this story."

Marvin took a rock as he walked up towards Bessie, he wasn't great at social interactions, so he had to really try at it. It just wasn't his way anymore. He walked up and tossed a rock skipping it half way across the river. "Well, hello, it is a beautiful river don't you think," he said doing his best to make small talk with the young woman as he stood there. "this river goes a long distance and a long way from here in the mountains from which it starts is where I was from, where my father and grandfather and so forth were born. My father would take me down to the river each day and we would skip rocks like this, a simple but fun thing," he said a half smile on his lips as he thought back to past times. "You have done a good job watching your princess, it is most impressive, it seems she trusts you a lot, which says how naturally good of a person you are."

Sean enjoyed the story that Tomel told. By the end of the story, he had the bench fixed.
"That was very interesting story, Tomel. The bench is finished. Perhaps you can tell me more stories of your travels perhaps one day. I like hearing about places that I never been to. What needs to be done next?" he asked as he stood up and looked at the wagon.

"Yes. I like the sound of water. I like the rain too."Bessie spoke simply as she watched Marvin 'skip rocks' across the river,
"That is my duty now that I am grown up. I must do what Princess Mystique says or I'll be in trouble with Uncle. I don't want to be in trouble with him.
Did your father .....did you have fun with your father?" Bessie asked as she tried to skip a roundish rock which naturally sank. She choose another round roundish rock and concentrated before trying to skip the rock. She watched the rock sank just a few feet from the edge of the river. Disappointment showed in her face as the rock sank.

"Thank you, if you wish, I shall share more stories with yourself and your party any time that you so wish, it is no problem with me," he said as he finished up the last part of fixing up the wagon. "What we need to do, is to gather up the stuff and put it in the wagon carefully making sure to manage our space the most, so that their is room for those who are riding in the wagon, and we need to bring the horses across the river so that we can harness them to the wagon they can pull the wagon, it should only take two horses to pull it, if we keep it light," he explained as he stepped back from the wagon brushing himself off.

"I will go get the horses, if you two can get the other stuff," the prince called out as he headed back to the camp ahead of the others to gather up the horses, he could harness them while the others did the other parts of the work.

"Well, I hope that you enjoy doing your work, when one does something out of only fear, then it never turns out so well," he said mater of factly as he tossed another rock. I think your princess trusts you, and you don't have to worry about being in trouble with your uncle any more and after this, I promise, that you won't have to worry about that scum anymore if things go well," he said as he looked at the river a moment longer, "yes, a lot of fun, we enjoyed our time together, he was a good man, a strong man, and a brave one," he said honestly as he looked over at Bessie, "a far better person then I am, honestly," he said as he watched her, "not bad, rather good for a start, took me two years to learn to skip a rock at all."

Sean hurried to get Shadow loaded up and saw that Marvin was talking to Bessie. He glared at the man.
"What is Marvin talking to Bessie about and why?" he asked keeping his temper reined in.

"I haven't the foggiest notion. I doubt that any harm will come out of the two talking. Are we ready to leave?" Princess asked as she finished with her design. She began to pack up her floss and needles before standing up.

"Bessie! Come back here! It is time to get ready to leave. You need to attend to the Princess." Sean spoke sternly with his hands on his hips.
Bessie turned to look at Sean's face to see if she was in trouble or not. In her eyes, Sean looked very angry and she quickly turned to Marvin,
"I must go and attend to my duties to the Princess!" she spoke quickly then hurried to the Princess.

The Princess was criticizing her embroidery work and making sure that the stitching was tight but not taut. It was of a phoenix bird in full plumage. Reds, yellows and oranges were the main colors but the beak was pure black as was the eyes and legs. It was on the flap and all that was left to do was to sew the flap together so that the threads would be secure inside it. Mystique planned a lining with pockets so that she could organize everything but she was out of material at the moment. She turned to Sean and spoke quietly as she gazed at Bessie nearly running.

"There was no need to scold Bessie so much. There was no harm and i was here to watch over the situation."
Sean just looked at the Princess before speaking

"I do not fully trust Marvin. I do not know why but I just don't." he spoke quietly.

"Do not ruin the trip with a set mind. Perhaps he is a better man than either of us know or understand about." was Mystique's quick reply.
"Bessie, dear, please get our belongings ready to go. I should think that the Prince will want to leave right away." Mystique spoke calmly.
"Yes, Princess." was the short reply.

Sean simply watched the ladies gather their things and kept an eye on Marvin as he worked loading up Shadow. Soon the three were ready to go.

Edward worked on the horse, making sure they were harnessed correctly as he knew that it would be something important. He left the gathering of their things up to Aeris and to Tomel. Each returned and quietly set about gathering up their things. Each one focused on their work and not paying any attention really to what the others were doing.

The one exception to this was of course Marvin who was talking to Bessie, he nodded his head as he heard her statement and waved to her calmly before he too went and helped gather up things. He could feel the eyes of Sean on him as he worked, but he said nothing as he knew that the kid was worried and very much protective of the princess and Bessie as well. He wasn't bothered by it, and figured it was just a natural reaction that any male in his situation that wasn't at least complete scum would do.

Aeris bowed to the princess before she helped carry her things to the wagon on the other side of the crossing for the river. Aeris calmly put the things in a specific order, she knew how to manage and arrange things, oddly she had been trained for this, mostly so she could carry the maximum amount of weapons possible, as she finished she bowed again, "Princess, you and your handmaiden can ride in the wagon, I shall as well to guard you as we travel," she said with a polite tone, she had been picked to do so, cause she was the lightest of the warriors and could handle such a role cause of that, plus she could handle the horses easily so she would be driving the wagon.

Edward, Marvin, and Tomel all got saddled up as they waited on Sean, "I will go on ahead a bit to scout things out, I will meet you at the first arrange location," Tomel commented as he took off ahead of the others riding his white horse quickly across the landscape knowing the direction.

"Then lets follow along, remember don't push yourself and we should be at the first resting point before midday," the prince said before the caravan started out.

Princess Mystique smiled at Aeris and spoke kindly.
"Very well then. I shall be glad to ride with you for you were once of my people. I only wish that I could repay you for your grief that uncle caused you and your family."

"At least we shall ride in a somewhat dignified way.' Bessie muttered. as she climbed into the wagon and found a seat. She sat there with nothing to do in her hands.

"Bessie, do find the cloak that you were wearing when we left. It had several holes in it and they need to be mended. I need you to look presentable. After all you are my personal maid. Also you should allow me to enter first. Have you forgotten your manners?" Princess Mystique scolded gently as she climbed into the wagon. She placed her shoulder bag on the bench next to her so that she could work on some embroidery.

Sean mounted Shadow after stowing everything away in it's pocket. He rode up to the Prince Edward and Marvin.
"We are ready, sir. i have recheck the area to make sure that nothing was left behind. " he announced as he looked sternly at Marvin. He still was a bit miffed about Marvin upsetting the Princess.

"Well now a seamstress as well as a princess that is impressive my lady," Aeris said respectfully as she drove the horses, this wasn't that hard of work, but it was somewhat boring to her. Her eyes looked over to Bessie as she could tell the young woman looked out of place and most likely feeling useless. "Lady Bessie, if you want, I can show you how to drive these horse, then if I have to defend the wagon, you can drive the wagon while I deal with whatever problem we have," she said looking over towards Bessie. She figured that it would give her something to do and that could cheer the woman up a bit. "Well, it is okay, it is not you who did the deeds princess it was your uncle who killed my family," she said as he continued to drive the horses. "Most of us here were affected by your uncle in some negative way, so yes, he must be stopped."

"Well, this trip should be rather boring I hope," Edward said as he lead the way, following the tracks that Tomel left before them as he knew the way, but this would help a great deal. He rode with the others keeping a kin look out as they entered the desert, the warmth of the day was just starting as the sun was still rising over the flat hard ground. It would be a hot day, then again every day was hot here and one had to adapt to that simple fact or they would be in a ton of trouble. He rode forward calmly figuring that the others didn't have anything to say, and enjoying the peace and quiet that the desert provided that moment. It would be a long ride till they got to the first watering hole, he knew then they would spot wait till evening move on to the second one before they stopped to rest.

Princess Mystique smiled as she spoke.
"One must do something to relieve the boredom of not having anything to do. Plus the fact that I did not have anyone else to talk to but Bessie or uncle who could not abide idle hands. Everyone had their own worth and that worth was based on what you were able to do and how well you did it. I have made many a thing that he required for the main castle. I do not remember how many tapestries I have embroidered for him. Mostly hunting scenes with his likeness being the one to find and kill the hunted creature. I am not sure that he could even ride let alone be the one to deliver the killing blow on a horse. I can draw quite well for I had to make many a drawing sample before he was satisfied with the final copy which he had one to compare with and I had the other copy. I'll admit that he was generous in paper and ink."

Bessie snorted then spoke rudely
"I wouldn't have anything to do with an animal unless it is cooked and on a plate."

"BESSIE! That was quite rude. Now apologize to Aeris immediately." Mystique spoke very sharply to her servant.

"She did call me a lady so I am not a servant any more. Now I do not have to apologize so there." Bessie threw back.

"I could have you out there riding a horse if you are not careful with your manners." Mystique declared firmly then turned back to Aeris.
"I am terribly sorry about my servant's ungrateful attitude. She is really afraid of all animals though I do not know why and hates to clean up after them. My main concern is that she is getting very rude and unladyish. Please forgive her even though it is I who ask forgiveness for her."

"I can ask for my own forgiveness. I am sorry about how I spoke to you, Aeris. No thank you about driving the horses." Bessie spoke in a bad temper.

Sean rode in silence but his brain was taking everything in and his keen hearing heard the discussion in the wagon. He would talk to Bessie later. She was beginning to be quite a handful for some reason. Her hatred of animals and her mind set were the 2 worst things about her and he did not know just what to say to Bessie to make her behave as a proper servant should.

Aeris was somewhat surprised by the reaction for the woman, more the degree of the show that she didn't like animals more then anything. She had to wonder if somehow she ended up on this trip against her will, or cause she had no other option that she could fall back on. Either, was, she would find that stuff out in time and there was plenty of that ahead of them. She nodded her head to both the princess and to Bessie as she looked ahead the whole time. "It is fine, I am a ninja, a warrior and I have heard many worse things, do not worry, it isn't a big deal, and that is fine, I was only trying to think of a avenue to help you deal with your boredom," she mused as she looked.

This was going to be a different trip, she wasn't used to escorting women around like them at least. "Well now, if you run out of material, the large box has all the sample herbs, also the box in the bag to the right has the instructions on how to mix up medicines and such in case we need it," she said looking back telling them. She figured neither had a clue about medicine or how to make it, but she figured saying so would harm anyone at all. The worse that could happen would be for them to snap at her, and that wasn't a big deal.

"Also Bessie, do not look under the blanket, it might freak you out," she said calmly as she know knew something about woman, and knew she would in fact freak out when she saw the pig rat under the blanket, it would be a show for sure, but they didn't need that in that moment. She whistled and the trained mouse slipped from under the blanket and went into the back of Aeris top and rested around in her large pocket of her pants.

Bessie decided to be quiet for a while and worked on her cloak. She also knew that she should be more careful with her clothes but then she couldn't feel as carefree as she wanted to be. She had the dream of being a royal kind of a person. Not a Queen but something like a lesser princess who could do as she wished. She really was on the naive side because she was never exposed to the real world around her nor did anyone want to educate a simple minded maid.

However, Princess Mystique loved animals and smiled as she saw a rather large mouse type creature run to Aeris.
"I suppose that was a pet of yours?" she whispered softly with a grin.
"I do enjoy animals a lot. Most are harmless and like to have any attention that they can get.
I need to teach Bessie how to read and write but she says that she has no use for it. I think that it would benefit her greatly if she could at least read and write the basics. Not anything like calligraphy which I can do easily. Drawing is one of my hobbies as is embroidery work and tapestry. I have made many a tapestry which uncle either sold or kept. I just can't interest Bessishe wille in of the lady like occupations at all. She feels that she will one day be free to do what she wants. I just don't know what she wants to do when she won't say what she wants to do in the long term.
I have a couple books about herbs to grow for the common home in my satchel. I have a book about various animals but half of the pages are missing. I have quite a bit of paper and will write about this trip. I also would like to copy the map. Have you ever seen one of those lap desks that clerks have? I'd like to get one that opens up and has a few drawers and a tray for my inks.' Mystique chatted easily as she did her needle work.

Sean was mostly content with riding but he was wondering about obtaining a map of his own.
"Prince Edward, how does one obtain an accurate map of places? I plan on collecting all that I can on this trip. I might need them at a later time."

"Well hopefully she can find her path in life, freedom is rather pointless with out purpose, well at least that is how I see it,"Aeris commented in reply, "reading and writing are important and my father rather drilled penmanship into me when I was a wee lass," she said letting out a small chuckle as she reached into her pocket and pulled out the little creature. "His name is Carrot, I know strange name but I found him in a carrot patch."

She let the princess look at and hold the adorable little rodent as she sat there for a second. "A full desk will be a hassle but maybe a half desk or something would work, not sure. Then have no clue what we will find out here really only Tomel knows and well he isn't around at the moment."

"That map comes from a copy from out great library, the library in our kingdom goes back hundreds o years and is one of the largest buildings in the kingdom. My great grandfather would have people turn over there. Books copy them and then return them when they came to the kingdom. Cause of this our library is super large. It though also took a lot of time to find it cause of this problem," he explained the best he could as he noticed the first rest point was close ahead of them.

Bessie snorted she noticed that a critter was handed to the Princess.
"You get some kind of a nasty illness from handling it. if you ask me."

"I didn't ask you, Bessie. Aeris, Carrots is quite gentle. And so cute with his whiskers and wriggly nose." Mystique spoke as she held him for a minute before handing him back.
"I don't want a regular type of a desk but a nice lap desk. Here I have a quick drawing of the one I have drawn many times in my work basket."

Mystique put the needlework down to retrieve a folded up picture.
http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i325/TheCreator7/400-%20Props/Desks/PrincessMystiquesLaptop_zps2a1bfd12.png

"I wonder if there was such a library at our castle. That uncle of hers hates to see people read or write. It is wasted on peasants is what he says. He could have given the Princess a copy of one most likely but felt it would be wasted on a female even if she was not a peasant.
I do not understand why some people are that way. There is no hope for that so called man." Sean spoke with a certain hardness that he rarely used.

"Thank you, he has been a good companion on my adventures," Aeris replied as she took the little one back putting it into her pocket with a bit of bread to snack on as well. She though about this lap desk that the princess wanted and paused for a moment, "that would make a lot more sense if it was that way," she mused as she stopped the wagon under a tree, " well everyone out and stretch, we will rest here till evening, also if you want some sleep now wouldn't be a bad time for that."

Edward nodded his head that sounded like the man that he had heard of before, and that was far from a decent leader of men. "My family has always demanded that we read and write, each generation has expanded the library. It is seen as the great source of light for the kingdom. " many schools for all classes are yelled so it is more like a school in some ways as well as a research center as well. I think that when people don't know things, they are easier to control, and it is seen as a waste of time that a man can be using to win glory in war and bedding women, that I think is how your uncle thinks."

"I have enjoyed our chat and it was a quick trip here. How long will we stay here before moving on?" Mystique asked as she put her drawing away and her needle work. Bessie was at her back, glaring at the Princess.
"Bessie, if you do not behave, you will be riding the next part of the journey on horseback. I am not joking about that either."

"I think that I would prefer to ride a horse instead of being cooped up in the back of a wagon all day with nothing to do." she retorted.

"I shall arrange for a horse for you to ride on then. But I am ready to let you go as my personal maid. Upon which you will be on your own to provide your own comforts.' Princess Mystique spoke a bit annoyed with Bessie.
"Aeris, is there a spare horse for Bessie to ride? She is determined to be on her own and I think that I do not need a personal maid that badly."
Bessie eyes lit up brightly with happiness when she heard that she was no longer the Princess' personal maid.

Sean laughed lightly then spoke
"You are right about that. He looks at the best looking women around and plucks them up to work as his servants, willingly or not. Then he does such as things as pinching and feel them up. He then decides which will visit him later. Usually more than one. if you are in his favor, he might even allow you to bed one of his womenfolk. Then he chooses one for his honored person."

"It was my honor princess," Aeris commented with a nod of her head as she heard the quest, and then nodded her head again,"yes, the one we were going to let you ride, or borrow when you first asked," she replied to the question before getting down from the wagon. "I will get you some water if you wish, I am getting some for myself," she added as she headed to the small spring that was nearby to fill up her container with water.

"Sounds right, well such actions always end up doing far more harm then good even for yourself, but I plan on showing him the harm part someday," Edward said confidently as he tied off his horse and got down. He noted Marvin getting down and pulling out a book and taking notes in it, he figured he was planning something for the future. The mind of that man was something he didn't understand in the least.

Edward walked to the wagon and looked inside to see Mystique inside, "how is riding in a wagon treating you?"

"That would be wonderful, Aeris. Bessie, you are no longer in my service. You will need to provide for yourself and your own needs from now on." Mystique spoke calmly even though she felt like she was letting an unknowing trouble out onto the world.
Mystique turned to a voice close to her and smiled when she saw the Prince.

Bessie was gathering things to put in her basket and satchel. Not all of the items were hers but she began to pack them anyways.

" It has been a very nice journey so far. Bessie has decided not to be in my service any longer, however. I can only hope that she isn't going to be a bother to anyone. How have you been faring so far?" Mystique asked softly.

Sean dismounted and checked out Shadow. He wanted to be sure that Shadow was in decent condition before allowing him to drink. Sean began to hum as he worked.

Aeris smiled as she filled the water up, the princess was a interesting person, as she had hoped. The young elven ninja was most impressed and hoped they were able to help her more in the future. She hoped that it also didn't cause problems, but even she could see that Bessie was something of a wild card from her time around the two of them. She watched her from her spot pack the things, and knew she most likely would be leaving them to find her own path. The fact she stole other things told Aeris she had low character.

Aerie smiled and bowed as she looked at Sean, "nice horse you have, I can tell you take rather good care of him," she said respectfully before bowing and heading back towards the princess to give her her share of water.

"Well given that she is," he said pausing before looking at her put things in her bag, "taking random stuff, my bet would be she takes the horse and we don't see her again soon," he mused as he looked at her. He figured there was not many other course she would take it was obvious that she didn't want to be here. "My trip as been nice, and pleasant, granted it is just starting so I am still super excited at the moment."

Sean spoke warmly to Aeris as she walked towards the wagon

"Thank ye. He is main companion."
He watched the elven lady walk with great interest. She was very graceful and quite elegant. But he also knew that she would be a deadly foe and very accurate if what he had heard about the elven race was true.

"She is a klepto. i'll reimburse you for what she takes. Just let her be for the time being, please. She also is afraid of all creatures and being alone at night. She is slightly touched in the head which is why she was given to me in the first place. But she can learn various things if she sets her mind to. She is a bit hard to handle right now for some reason. Probably because this is the first time she has left the castle let alone the kingdom. I wonder what she will do when it is time to mount the horse and ride it by herself." Mystique smiled mischievously.
"You could make her do penance for taking things.. Which is what I do. But don't use force or physical punishment. She can withstand a lot of abuse. Another reason why uncle gave her to me. He couldn't handle not being able to beat her to make her to do his bidding, what ever that may be......" Mystique redden slightly for she knew or at least thought she knew why her uncle wanted Bessie.

"If she does comes back to me for employment, she will have to be able to accept certain conditions. I am a bit tired of her sassy talk lately and her determined way of wanting her own way. I just am not sure what to do for her. My number two problem at the moment with uncle being number one.

"How long will we be staying here? Aeris said until evening. Is that like sunset?" Mystique asked in her attempt to change the subject.

Bessie was struggling to pick up her satchel which wouldn't close. She sat down to puzzle out what was wrong. Her face had a frown and a concentrated look on her face. She knew that used to close but it won't now. And she could carry her satchel and basket of food both............

Back
Top Bottom