Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Twisted Art [Reyne and Kuro_Netsune]

reynedrop07

Meteorite
To say life was unfair would be an understatement in Raziel Perez's eyes. Life was more then just unfair, it was cruel, mean, cold...and a complex she would never understand. Yet it was her passion to try. To try and comprehend life and beauty, to put it down on paper, on canvas. To use her left hand's ability of drawing until she could do so no longer. Rae had gone through things that would probably damage her in the long run but no one knew except for those involved. She wouldn't dare to try and express her sob story, it wasn't that big of a deal. Alot of people went through what she had gone through and some had it even worse.

She was a young woman, a freshman in college at South Eastern. She had managed to get in with the help of a beautiful scholarship in Visual Arts. Rae was a naturally born artist who was able to draw the most complicated scenes, people, objects, and turn it into a beauty not many could find much fault in. Her ideas were bigger and brighter then most people's.

Yet even so there was something about her drawings that hinted at darkness, as if, you could see the beauty, but there was more. Something solemn.

At the moment though Rae was sitting against the wall of one of the Art Buildings on campus. Above was a large window that looked out for acres over the students. She had sat up there before and the few times she had she caught sight of him. One of the most awe inspiring boys she had ever seen. Working out, rain or shine, he was on the Committee that took care of school functions and problems within the University. She admired him for how he acted, and she longed for that herself.

Dressed in jeans and a button up black shirt with a white lace tanktop underneath, Rae was sitting Indian-Style with a sketch book in her lap, having just drawn out a bush in her boredom as she hoped to catch a more up close sight of the boy she longed to know more of, in the sunlight, sitting where she was, Rae really was a beautiful girl.

She was Mexican, with a golden pigment along her skin. Long, chocolate brown hair spilled down her back to stop right above her hips. Her bangs were constantly getting in her eyes and she wore black rimmed glasses over her hazel orbs which were a myriad of gold, brown, and green. They would change around colors and brightness according to her moods. If she stood up she would only be five foot two with a curvaceous body, ample breasts and round hips, the spanish gene had dealt her with curves and a petite height.

Her full pink lips were parted as she drew, her tongue ran over the lower lip as she focused in concentration until suddenly the end of a boot kicked at her book and she looked up in alarm as a tall man leaned down and yanked her up by the collar of her shirt. "Hey," he grinned, "What are you doing out here you pretty bird?"

Rae froze up instantly, her eyes wide, she panted softly, unable to speak. "Oh come on," he laughed, "You've got to be able to speak, out of all the times I've seen you, you've never said a work. Can you not speak English, is that it?" He slammed her back harder and then pressed his mouth to her throat. "Mmm you smell good though."

"S-Stop," Rae cried, her voice was thick with a Spanish accent, her body trembling as his hands felt over her.

"ow... that fucker..."

was the only silent remark in the empty locker rooms, the lad had finished applying a vandage to his right leg, the training today had been more than he expected and he ended up with a quite large bruise after taking a fall, a fall wich was not his doing, but rather from their group leader

shaking his head, the boy slowly stood up, clad in black cargo pants and the uniform black shirt with nothing but a small logo in the front with his name tag, he sighed out and removed his cap "good thing it's a weekend already, but this will ruin my plans for camping out today.."

shaking his head, he packed up his belongings, just taking a flute on his hand, he flung his -heavy- backpack over his shoulders, not that he carried a lot of books, actually he usually neglected to bring books to the classes, but he had all kinds of training and camping gear wich, like most of the group, he never left home without

as he stood out, he noticed the empty hallways "... about time, school is always better when there's less noise" smiling to himself, he slid on his black glasses and began walking, an attitude wich was frankly ridiculous, considering the lack of sunligt in the hallways, but it was a matter of attitude, preety much hard-drilled into their habits by their instructors

however, as he took the bend that lead to the cafeteria, he heard some rustling, shaking his head, he went over without removing the glasses, all he managed to make out was a figure assaulting another smaller one, he gave a low growl, and on the spot he dropped his backpack wich landed with a loud 'plop' and then he hurried over to the pair, without even asking questions, he swung out his flute, hitting the elbow of the attacker, and before he had any time to react, the lad slid his flute in front of the attacker's neck and with a swift move, he threathened to strangle the attacker with it

the attacker gasped, turned around over his shoulder and gave a nervous laugh, he could have fought back, he could probably have won, but he knew better, -this- one was under protection of the principal and those in his group had almost as much power as a teacher

".... well John.... causing problems again eh?" the lad clad in black stated flatly, pulling the flute at the attacker's neck

"go back to your big buddies and mind your own stuff Mark, I was just helping the little miss here getting up, isn't that right?"

Mark glanced over at the girl, he gave a look over his glasses at her eyes, her scared expression said it all, he shook his head, then turned around, holding the attacker firmly

"look John, you have three to walk away, if you get in troubles once more you'll be kicked out for a week, is that what you want?"

with that, he shoved the boy forward, panting, the angry attacker just shrugged and walked off, this was not something he'd forget, but now was not the time

glaring behind his glasses, Mark clutched his flute tight, it was a cheap recorder flute but it was all he had, and now it seemed to have a few cracks on it, without turning around to face her, he just cassualy asked "... you okay? if he did anything to you I'll go and take care of him right now" though, for most part he was acting out of duty

and to be honest, with his leg so bruised and body so tired, he'd have a hard time if he attempted something at this point

Relief flooded through her body when the attacker at her throat was suddenly pushed away and held off by a young man dressed in black. Rae wanted to slide to the floor and crawl up in a corner in some where but she didn't. And now that she was here, alone, she realized just who it was who had saved her. So his name was Mark? She'd never bothered to read name tags of the force in the school who fended off bullies from helpless girls like her.

Yet now she couldn't be more grateful to him for helping out. At his question she could see he really didn't view it as a big deal. He did this all the time. She wanted to say more but all she said was, "No. I'm okay." Which was a lie but eh, technicalities.

Getting her sketch book she bit her lip, and without much of a word she walked away. Rae realized it was rude of her to do so but she was sure he wouldn't care. He had other things to worry about then her well being. Yet as she walked she looked over her shoulder, torn between wanting to thank him or running away. It was embarrassing in all honesty. Would life ever just leave her alone? That moment she realized it had thanks to Mark. She was really going to need to thank him soon. But how?

duty duty duty...

he knew that if he had neglected saving her and someone found out, he'd be in trouble, yet, he loathed it how often he had to pull guys off other girls only to find out they where just a fighting couple and both would end up pissed off at him, that being the reason for his sharp indiference

glancing over his shoulder, he gave a sigh, she was out of his field of view ".... she was cute at least" he sighed out and went on, the usual bus had been long gone, so he decided to just go to the school's theather and rest there, eventually his cousin would come to her rehersal ... at 7pm, five long hours from now, shrugging, he limped his way over to the back of the theather and picked his spot, it was by a tall column with a ladder that led to the catwalk above the stage, he liked that spot because it was warm and cozy -and- few had access to that area, however, in his distraction, he had forgotten to close the door to the backstage, leaving it half open

he just stretched down, using his backpack as a pillow and closed his eyes, taking his damaged flute, he began playing Blue Danube, he always liked the echo of a soft waltz bounced off in the backstage but today the tune was slightly off key seeing as the flute had been damaged

Rae could curse herself for her flighty ideas, just what was she thinking, following one of the authorities in school just to bring him a sign of her thanks. She sighed as she held the boxed lunch and a pack of cookies close to her side. She had seen him enter the theater and wondered why he would go in. When she slowly went in she only heard music and for a moment she was content just listening. It was a pretty tune and she wanted to hear more. Her eyes uplifted and she found what she wanted.

Winding around the back she went up and saw the door was open. Within moments she was there and unsure, he seemed like he could be content being alone for hours, was she so sure he'd be pleased to see her? Well, no turning back now.

Coming forward her soft voice sounded, "Hello?" She bit her lip before nervously saying, "I just wanted to come and um, give you...this," she handed him the food and said, "Thank you. For saving me earlier, uh, I should have been more polite, I apologize."

"what ...?" he dropped the flute and sighed out

"you know you'e not allowed to b-"

he gave out a quiet gasp, looking up, he noticed the girl from earlier, or at least he thought so, now, without his glasses, he gazed over at her form, she was fairly preety, at the moment his eyes where preety used to the darkness, so he could see her in full detail but he might have been a bit hard to see all dressed in black in the dark backstage

"... well, thank you..."
he gave a groan when he got up, it was obvious his leg was not all that good

"oh, don't worry... it's just ... duty..." he slowly reached for his backpack and began to dig out for something "... anyways what did you do for him to bother you?" he took out a little lamp, setting it down on the floor, pointing up, he turned it on, the little beam of light flooded the place, helping him notice the peculiar color of her beautiful eyes, a smile formed on the corner of his lips "... well, might as well, I was getting hungry anyways.... want to join me? but please, keep your voice low, I'd get in troubles if they find out I let someone in..."

Rae's eyes flickered with worry when she heard his groan as he got up. Something wasn't all to right with him physically but his words kept coming before she could ask any hard hitting questions. Coming over to him she sat down, biting her lip she shrugged. "Nothing," she answered honestly. "I was sitting down, drawing, um...waiting for someone," she blushed, "When he just kicked my book out of my hands and pulled me up by my shirt, he ripped off two buttons jerk," she muttered. "Anyways he just went on and asked me if I spoke English, said I never spoke much. I guess he was harassing me, I don't know. I've never really seen him around before."

Looking to him she smiled, dimples sank into her cheeks and she wondered why she gave him such a sweet expression but she wanted to anyways, it didn't bother her.

"I'm not hungry so you can go ahead, I just wanted to make sure you know how I appreciated it."

There was a beat of silence before she said, "I've seen you before, outside of the art room. Working out, whether it was raining, snowing, hot....I was actually kind of hoping to catch you outside again. I wanted to talk to you and ask a question. Ah," she paused, "Hey is your leg okay?"

"drawing, huh?" he got up, biting on his lip, he tried to appear as calm as possible as he avoided limping while he walked "oh..." his voice trailed off as he headed to the entrance and he simply closed it firmly, with an audible click, he had set the lock again, and then he made his way over to her, his expression seemed stern, as if angry but it had been actually the pain from the leg

"no, it's okay, just a small bump while training but it will be okay" he sat sideways, slowly gazing over at her, she -is- quite cute, he thought to himself as he reached over to his backpack "two buttons huh? that jerk, he's already in trouble for bothering other girls" after a while, he took out a little matchbox, wich gave a disctint rattle "want me to repair that for you?" he blinked, then a blush formed on his face, it was common among the guys to do that kind of stuff, but to ask a cute girl to take off her shirt just like that? quickly, he shook his head "well I mean, if you bring it to me later that is" he looked away, gazing at the food

"really... you draw huh?" he set the matchbox down and reached for the lamp "are you in technic drawing or architecture?" he gave a slight shrug "seems a bit odd to be drawing out like that, but do you mind if I take a look?"

at that point, he had forgotten about her question to him, he was certantly not very used to dealing with femmes, but if any, the darkness helped him relax a bit "... and if you ask me, you speak english very well, I w-well, like your accent, it's .. nice"

At his offer to fix her shirt she arched a brow up high in curiosity. A small smile brightened her face at how he quickly he tried to go back and fix what he said. She inclined her head to him and then shrugged a bit, thoughtfully she said. "Maybe tomorrow, if I see you, you can? I mean I have a tanktop on so it wouldn't really be too big a deal if you want to." She hesitated though, she didn't want to strip off her shirt with an OK from him. Who knew what sort of ideas he could get into his head. Even if he was the "good guy" she just never quite trusted creature with male body parts.

"Oh, uh, yeah I draw. It's how I got into this school, by an Art scholarship." She shifted, the light of the flame that was going was barely enough for her to gaze at him with but well, it would do for now. He really was a handsome young man and what she longed to do was run her fingers through his hair and pick out each color that could be very well used in painting him.

Getting her messenger bag she then got out her drawing book that had some dirt on it from earlier, handing it over she said, "Uh...I'm not sure if they're very good." Despite how talented she was she always put herself down. "There's some mistakes here and there..."

At his comment to her accent she smiled, hopefully, "Really? You like it?" It was indeed a thick, tilted accent that hinted at her Spanish background quite well. "Hm. I used to hate my voice, to be honest, I felt that it set me apart from everyone else, especially in this school, there aren't very many Mexican people...but, I suppose that is okay. You're here so it's better...I mean people like you are here so it's...better."

"really now? then, well, if you don't mind, I could fix that for you, of course, the buttons I have might not match with yours, but it's better than running around with a damaged blouse right?"

there was a bit of an awkward silence, he looked up, hearing some of the doves fluttering before settling in, he then gazed down at the floor, his attention was taken however as she handed him the sketchbook

nodding, he set the lamp next to him as he started shifting trough the pages, wow, not a single blank in all the drawings, even if they where just pencils, every corner had some texture or elaborate pattern, fields, animals, even people portraits, several dark backgrounds, he glanced over at her hands, then at the drawings, at some point, he took his damaged flute and mimicked holding it as a pencil, he seemed perplex, then nodded "left handed huh? you seem to have a slant in all your drawings and you leave smears from your hand, have to be careful with that" he gave half a smile, then blinked once, that was rude! critique without comment?

"... but I must say I am impressed, you pay so much attention to details, you don't just draw, you bring your thoughts to life in paper, I can see why you got your scholarship"

he closed the pad and handed it over back "I like how you draw portraits, have you done more people? there's lots of potential in that field" he whispered almost indiferently as he sat back, slowly, he started on a cookie, taking his time to savour it "... good..."

Taking back her drawing book she blinked, was it really that obvious she was left handed? She guessed she would have been offended if someone else had told her she had better watch out for leaving smears behind but they didn't really know each other that well...but he did make a weird comment. How had he known? Her brow twitched a bit in though and aggravation before she sighed. "Thank you," she smiled at his compliment. Looking him over she bit her lip and then said.

"Actually, um, yeah, I've done alot of people." Some of them were the same person and that just got plain boring, "Which was why I was hoping to get in touch with you, Mark." She gulped, "I really would like to...draw you next. I have a huge project coming up soon for Art, at the end of the year I need a big painting and I was hoping you would allow me to use you as the subject. It isn't for any weird reasons other then the fact that you have a nice, delicate bone structure and a good form of body. I guess...that does sound kind of weird but I'm honest to goodness only asking because my hands are itching to draw you. If you'll let me?"

"now now as a joke that was good..." he gazed over at her, rudely pointing the lamp slightly towards her, but when he saw her expression, he turned the lamp back up, and after his fingers fumbled, he turned it off

"... that's no joke right?" he stood there in silence, his eyes quickly adjusted to the light, then he gazed from side to side "... well that was fairly unexpected, but, are you sure? I don't have that much to offer, I mean, there are better looking guys..."

he looked over at her "this is not just for saving you, is it? because if so, trust me, you've done enough for that" he gave a nervous smile and slowly sat down, truth be told, it was hard for him to keep standing in his current state

Rae flinched when he turned the light at her but she kept the look on her face until he realized she hadn't been joking at all. "No, this isn't for you saving me. I've honestly been...noticing you outside of the studio lately and you've caught my attention. I was going to draw you anyways but you moved too much for me to really get a capture on you and I didn't want to use your face without your permission. Now if you do agree the first few sessions I'll just be drawing you so I can make sure I can perfect your shape and eyes. You have a very expressive face and I um, I like that."

"Oh don't say that, you are very good looking, please. I'll pay you if I have to. I mean believe me I've tried going with other people for the project but no one appeases me. Not like you. I don't ask for very much of people but I do need this if I'm to have a piece of art work in the gala come Winter time."

Rae sighed, "If you can't do it I understand, I just had to ask before I moved on though...hey are you sure your okay? I meant what I said about yours expressions, and right now you look like you're in pain."

he looked up and down at her, nodding, for most part, he didn't had a -need- to get paid, his family was quite well acomodated so he didn't had any real needs, and then on the other hand, she did got in thanks to a scholarship, so maybe she isn't doing all that well, he looked over and sighed "no it's okay, you can draw me if you want, I guess, it won't hurt anyone if you do, well, I -am- in a bit of a shock, it will be a honor, and I hope to be able to stand up to your expectatives..." he gave her a faint smile "for someone with such a sublime and smooth handle of texturizing and perspective, I know it will be a fun piece to watch" he slowly knelt over his pack, placing it all inside

"so when do you want to begin...?"

Slowly she relaxed, happy that he had agreed. Well good that was settled then she exhaled slowly and her shoulders released the tension she had been holding as she smiled. He spoke about her art like he knew what he was talking about. There was definitely something more to Mark that she couldn't quite put her finger on, but she liked it. Rae smiled gratefully, "Thank you so much."

"Mmm...I guess tomorrow? Or whenever you're next free? I don't want to take too much of your time since you have The Committee, as well." She sat indian-style as he put up things and she looked down to the drawings in her book. "And no worries about you trying to live up to expectations or anything like that. You've already proven yourself."

"oh yes, tomorrow is fine, I don't do much on saturndays and what plans I had, well, i canceled them out much earlier so don't worry"

he gave a nervous smile, he was actually wwanting to go camping but with his leg like that...

"why don't you go to my place? I'm preety sure it will be more comfortable than school, and we can be more at ease, what do you say?"

as he spoke, he reached for his pack, taking one of his class notebooks, it was obvious he didn't took very good care of them, it was quite beaten up, bent and it seemed more thin than normal, he ripped off a piece just like that and wrote his address, one of the fancy living sectors, and handed it over to her "other than that... well, right now I wont be going anywhere, my cousin comes to dance practice at school in four hours from now and she wont finish until hour and half so..." he shrugged and sat down, mimicking her at first, but then he just laid back

Back
Top Bottom