Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fixers (Beautiful_Disgrace and I)

"I've never done it before...but I'm assuming you want me to do it before I break her out. Fine." Aernir knew where the chip was..his skull still had ghost pains from when he got his completely removed. He was glad she allowed him to smoke, and paying for a good air freshener was not a big deal. Aernir really didn't spend his money unless he had to. He had a minimalist life style.

"It'd make it easier, chances are they're going to realize something is up when they notice her ID isn't transmitting...but it will make it easier for you two to get out, they'll have to try a little harder," Luce murmured. "...So what's the big deal with you and this girl anyway? We've helped all kinds of people that probably deserved better, you've been sort of focused on this since we got the job again." she said, turning onto Corporate Highway. It was a little bit of a drive to Golden Heights.

Aernir tapped his chin in though, feeling the shadow of a beard that needed to be attended to tomorrow morning. He was a clean shaven man most of the time...if he ever got whiskers he was probably in a depressed mood. "...I really don't know what it is. Maybe she reminds me of someone in my past. Or maybe I just want to help someone who really doesn't deserve to be trapped in a a cage. She has the will of someone who isn't a rich girl...perhaps I just feel a certain connection to her soul..."

"...Or you think she's hot and you want to fuck her retarded," Luce said, her expression as blank as the windshield. "A connection with her soul, really? You're really going to tell me that? You talked to her for five minutes and had her on your shoulder. That's all you need for a 'soul' connection?"

"You wouldn't understand." Aernir said as he leaned his head on the seat. He didn't know why he told things like this to Luce..other than the fact that Aernir really never spoke to anyone else. His outside connections were sparse. Anyone who he'd want to talk to knew him as someone else, someone he wasn't anymore. "She's definitely someone I'd want to fuck. But that's not it...I want to fuck a lot of girls. Even you." He told her casually after taking another puff of his cigarette.

"So you're romantic and stupid, got it," Luce smirked. "What, you feel she's a 'kindred spirit'? Someone whose better off being a Fixer instead of her current life of being a rich snob that gets her adrenaline rush from casting fireballs?" she muttered. "Like people willingly want to do this kind of shit?"

"I willingly do this shit, Luce. I didn't have to become a Fixer, but I did. We all have our reasons. You don't have to have a certain life to choose to be a Fixer. Just the right motivation...and Ashlotte doesn't want to waste away, protected in the walls of a big house. She wants to explore her power, and put it to use. That's a good reason, and I enjoy it." He put out his cigarette and stared out the passenger window. In truth, there was something else. He had a feeling that he just couldn't put into words.

"...I feel like there's a 'but' here," Luce said idly, changing lanes to hit their exit. "C'mon, what the hell is eating at you? You're always sputtering shit out of your mouth, but now it feels like you're not telling me something." He blathered about everything, so she didn't quite like it when he started keeping secrets.

Aernir grinned, surprised at how well Luce could pick up on subtle cues to know when someone was hiding things. "It's nothing I can put in words, Luce. Maybe the damn witch cast a spell on me when she was on my back."

"Or maybe you just like feeling half naked women on you," Luce snorted. "Are you sure you're getting a deeper meaning when instead you just had an erection?" she said dryly. "A woman looks at you without contempt and you think it means she wants to bend over, Aernir. I doubt she's interested in the spiritualist yakuza assassin type."

"You know, I couldn't tell. She didn't seem attracted to me, but she also didn't seem disgusted by me either. Anyways, you can think what you want, Luce. If she opened her legs for me I wouldn't say no, but if she doesn't I'd still want to help her as much as I can. Because I feel like that's what I should do. Something deep down in me wants to help her out." He paused and gave her a side glance. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you're jealous of her." He smirked.

"Oh, totally," Luce muttered. "Because the first thing on my mind is wanting some scrawny Asian dick in me. Please, the last thing I need is to throw up during sex." she said, moving toward Golden Heights. "Don't give yourself so much credit, the last thing I think about is your dick." Men, always about sex...ugh, disgusting animals.

"So defensive."Aernir muttered, though he was still smirking. Luce always seemed to be uncomfortable about sex, but so ready to talk about it. "So you don't even find me slightly appealing? Not even a little? And I'm not talking about my dick. Come on Luce. Don't tell me Wizard is your type of guy." He was really teasing now...but this was as far as he'd go. He didn't want to make her uncomfortable. Well..too uncomfortable.

"No," Luce replied dryly. "And stop fishing, before you get bit. I'm not a notch on your bedpost, nor am I some 'conquest' for you to stick a flag on." she said, fingers tightening against the wheel a moment. "Spare me your attempts at charm, it just dries me like the Sahara." That wasn't the sort of thing she did, not anymore.

"If I wanted to charm you, Luce...I'd probably be full of bullets right now. Not everything is about sex, you know. If you did find me appealing I'd ask you on a date. You know...dinner? Movies? You mean a lot more to me then a notch on a bed post." True, Aernir did bring home women from time to time...ones that he picked up from a bar or something. He had needs though, everyone did. Someone like Luce though? Well he would romance her before thinking about jumping into bed with her. She really needed it from what he could tell.

"I'm not the type," Luce said, slowing to park on the sidewalk near Golden Heights as she moved to the back to get her dufflebag. "Look, I'm not here for touchy feelings and fuzzy friendship, I'm here to kill people and do the right thing on a paycheck," she said dryly, unzipping the bag. It was probably a guess and a few greased palms to wonder how she got a Zenith Peacemaker...but she sure seemed please to have one as she settled a fat, heavy magazine into the well and chambered it with a satisfying chunk of the bolt.

"So you go do your thing, I do mine." she said, stuffing the extra magazines into her vest. "And we go home all happy and feeling good about ourselves."

Aernir sighed and watched her dig into her bag filled with goodies and then took off his seatbelt. "Whatever you say, Luce." He looked over and could see the gated community in the distance. It was time for him to get out and make his way over there by foot. He didn't want them to know there was a second intruder, so it was easier for him to be on foot. "I'll see you soon. Good luck, not that you need it. Oh, and give me a two minute head start. I'm fast but not that fast." He said as he opened the door to the van.

"Got it," Luce said, checking her watch before rummaging through the rest of the bag, a MAC-50 would be a good back-up. Her job was just to cause some hell, killing some rich mall cops...well, who cares, right? She racked the bolt on compact submachine gun and holstered it to her hip. Fucking Aernir always had to dig into her brain, like there was anything worth salvaging...feh. Long as he didn't get his stupid ass killed, suppose it didn't matter.

As soon as Aernir got out of the van, he closed the door and took off. His speed definitely indicated that he definitely had some alterations done to his cyberware. He made sure they used the lightest, sturdiest type of material so he wouldn't lose any of his natural dexterity. In fact, he was much faster than before. Of course, the downside was that his legs weren't as strong as traditional cyberware, but for what he did, he didn't need strength.

Just before he got to the gates, Aernir saw a guard who was patrolling outside of the gate. He used the shrubbery outside of the fancy community for cover. Luce wouldn't be take too long to make her entrance...

That was two minutes, so Luce shifted it in gear as she pulled off the side of the road. There were a lot of potential ways to go about this, sometimes subtlety was good...other times, direct intervention was okay. The only problem is that Princess's parents would know them the moment they saw, if they knew what they were here for...who knew, but them just being here would tip them off.

Wizard, chances of Aernir getting in without me making a noise?

Low, very low...they already know your faces. We can't exactly fix that part. But Luce, this is going to be really bad...Corporate Police might be on you, you know that, right?

Sounds fun, Luce purred. Look, just make sure they get out, alright? We're getting paid to do a job, so let's do it. She said, slamming her foot on the gas as the Van picked up speed. The guard barely had time to draw his sidearm before he got clipped, and by clipped...his arm snapped viciously as he shrieked in pain, clutching his horribly twisted arm as the van crashed through the gates without so much as a dent.

What are you going to do? Wizard said warily as Luce slid out of the Van, shouldering her Peacemaker as two security guards came out with weapons raised. Two rounds, one went into the chest of the guard that blew through his body armor and exploded out the back in a spray of gore, and the other took a shot in the throat that severed his neck and sent his head rolling down the pavement. She glanced over to the house across from the Van Agteran and smirked.

Being a distraction, she said, heading up the steps of the house. Why not have a little fun while she was at it? She had some time until the cops.

Aernir waited a little before he took off. Security's attention was on Luce right now, so it was easy for him to infiltrate the gates. The guard he had seen earlier was too busy screaming and crying pain to notice a second intruder. If he wanted to not get spotted, he'd have to take the long way to the Van Agteren estate. He also kept to the shadows. For a nice community like this, it was poorly lit on the edges. No doubt he'd have a little bit of trouble getting into the house. Everyone was going to be alert knowing someone had driven a fucking van into the place in the middle of the night.

Wizard..did Ashlotte give us a back door? Or am I gonna pick a door here?

Working on it... Wizard said after a moment before replying. The door to the back, next to the pool is unlocked...I don't know for how long, you might want to hussle. I'd like to do this before Corporate Police arrive. Ugh, I knew this was a bad idea... Always the paranoid one, Wizard. But for good reason, when you had a crazy bitch like Luce. She was crashing windows, slipping through the living room to the screams of the people inside. Ugh, screamers...she hated screamers.

Ignoring them for the moment, she made her way upstairs with a faint hum, breaking down doors to check out what they had to take. The funnest part was just making rich people squirm, she never got tired of that.

Hauling ass then. As if Ashlotte expected them to make such a scene on their arrival. He found the Van Agteren estate, jumped the fence and then slowly opened the door. It wasn't locked, so that means no alarms should have went off. Closing the door, he had now infiltrated the silent, dark home. Upstairs...Ashlotte had to be upstairs. He heard voices coming from down the hall way though. Luckily for him, big houses had lots of cover.

I'm in. He told Wizard as he waited for the voices to pass. Her father and mother were up, wondering what all the noise was about. He heard their front door open. Perfect...they were probably trying to see what was going on.

Okay...getting a bead... Wizard murmured. Alright, up the stairs, there's going to be a door the very end of the hallway. That's the signal I'm getting, get that ID chip out and you guys can get out of there. Shit, the silent alarm was tripped, one of his monitor screens was flashing. And uh...don't want to worry you two or anything, but the Corporate Police is on it's way.

Make a few rich people wet themselves, stick a few pigs while I'm here...day keeps getting better and better... Luce purred, heading back down the steps. A few more cops decided to do something, they probably shouldn't have. She ducked when a few rounds tore into glass and she rose her Peacemaker out and fired, the sound indoors was horrendous. The people were clutching their ears as she advanced outside. Chunks were being blown off the security guards as the nearby sirens started to pick up in noise.

Get your Princess, Aernir. Luce said, moving toward the van as police cars began to move in. The first one didn't get past the gate when Luce opened fire, the massive .50 Beowulf sinking into the grill of the car and stopping it dead as she traced the rifle up the hood and put one through the chest of the driver, the other one got out...but only to have his arm blown off in a spray of red. Luce smirked, ejecting her empty magazine and smacking a fresh one in.

"Not so fun when it's even, is it, pig shits!?" she said, slamming the bolt home for another thirty rounds of fun.

Aernir rushed to the door and opened it, finding Ashlotte sitting on her bed in her pajamas. Well, pajamas was a bit of an innocent word since she was in a practically see through night gown. He could see every curve she had. "Nice to see you, Aernir. I was hoping you'd rescue me again." She purred, making Aernir raise an eyebrow as he walked over to her and pulled out the nifty tool that Luce had given him.

"Hate to ruin the mood, Miss Van Agteren, but-."

"Rayna. Call me Rayna from now on." She interrupted him as she moved her hair to the side and knelt her head down. It seemed like she knew exactly what he was about to do. He nodded and then went over to her, but before he pushed the needle into her scalp he hesitated.

"This is what you want, right?" He asked her softly. She laughed a bit.

"Yes...it is." She told him. So with that, Aernir pushed the needle in, making her wince as he destroyed the chip in her skull. Now she had no identity. He then picked her up and looked at her window. No doubt her parents were coming back to get her to safety with all the chaos outside. He opened it, greatful that it was one of those horizontal opening windows and then jumped out of the second story. He hit the ground hard, but his legs would withstand the pressure.

Got her. Coming back to you, Luce. Now he had to figure out how to do that. The damn walls back here were too high to climb.

Back
Top Bottom