Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Star Wars Episode VII

MellowYellow

Pulsar
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erLk59H86ww[/video]

So, first teaser is out, what do you all think?

Personally I'm pretty psyched. The SFX alone in those few shots just look gorgeous, and from my understanding they're using both practical effects interspersed with some CGI, rather than just going the prequel-trilogy-route of CGing the fuck out of everything and leaving it all fake as shit...

And hell, it's Abrams. He was able to make me interested in Star Trek of all franchises, so I have faith he'll do Star Wars the kind of justice it's own fucking creator couldn't. Thank god they wrested control from Lucas...

Lucas was ambitious, he just sadly never followed through on the original installments and when the last three came out, it was just ehhh.

I'll give it a shot, Abrams does seem to be really good at keeping the original feel while putting his own stamp on the work so we shall see.

Ambition wasn't the problem, the problem was that nobody even remotely tried to train in that ambition or just straight-up tell Lucas when he had a fucking stupid idea. Unlike the prequel trilogy where people were willing to bring up issues they had with the script, instead he was surrounded by sycophants all too happy to let him run things into the ground.

I'm beyond excited for this and think they have the right idea going for them as far as pretty much everything goes. Having Abrams at the helm is just going to make it all the better because the guy has experience in the genre and knows how to, well, direct. *ahem* <.< But basically, the guy does know what he's doing. He's been doing this--and successfully, I might add--for a good, long while. I'm a long time fan of a lot of his stuff so my faith in this runs pretty high. Couple that with the trailer giving everyone a taste of what is actually going on and, well, I think it pretty much speaks for itself. So, I think we're going to finally get a nice taste of how SW used to be during SW 4-6, but with dashes of what can be done now as shown in SW 1-3...a perfect blend. : )

Very cool. Sith light saber looks... different. Millennium Falcon rocks as usual. Personally I was half hoping Disney would take a risk and steer Star Wars in a completely different direction away from the original series, lots of lore/stories worth exploring. Still looking forward to Episode VII now.

Well anything's possible. The Expanded Universe stuff has all been stricken from the movie canon, so they can conceivably go any possible route with this new trilogy. Though I kind of hope they steer a little bit away from the standard Jedi/Sith conflict and bring in some other force. Maybe not the Vong, but... eh, something.

The Vong would have made a great trilogy I think, but compressing a 20+ book arc into three movies wouldn't be a good idea either. I have high hopes for the new trilogy because of Abram's experience with portraying a sense of grittiness and realism. I think that was what made the originial trilogy much better than the prequel. I can't wait to see how the Empire turns out in the new installments.

I'm so excited about this! The teaser just looks so awesome! And that lightsaber design is possibly the best I've seen!

Back
Top Bottom