Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Songs of the Heart (Ms_Muffintops and Josu_T

Josu_T

Supernova
Luke entered the booth at the radio station. He sat and got himself settled in, ready for another day of work. He did his sound checks and got the first few songs lined up. He took a sip of water and cleared his throat. He put on his headphones and got the microphone into position. He had a quick conversation with his producer and then waited for the count down.

Ten...Nine...Eight...Seven...He took a deep breath...Six...Five...Four...Three... Two...Here it was, another set, another day, another dollar...One...The red light came on. He spoke into the microphone with his deep voice. "Hello all you lovers out there. All you couples out there enjoying that wonderful feeling. To all you singles out there looking for that perfect one to complete your life. To all of you who want to hold on to that lost feeling. This is Luke L'amour. You are listening to the love spot, your place for all love songs all the time. Stick with me for the next two hours and enjoy some of the greatest love songs of all time. I'm going to start you off with a dynamic duo. These two guys really know how to write a great song. Its Hall and Oates with "You Make My Dreams Come True". Followed by The Jackson Five with "Love Song"." He flicked the switch, turning off his microphone and starting up the first song. He leaned back and sighed. He drank some water and ignored the thumbs up from his producer.

The two hours went by as they always did. Luke lowered his voice because it sounded sexier and played along with what the station wanted. He hated his cheesy name. Luke L'amour? Who comes up with that kind of crap? He hated listening to all those love songs all the time. They brought back painful memories. He had no choice though. He was one of the greatest minds when it came to love songs. He knew almost all love songs in many languages. He couldn't do anything else. He also had a contract. It had been signed shortly before the accident. He couldn't get out of it. So there he was, stuck in that booth every day. He also had live appearances that were not part of the radio station. That reminded him.

The song came to an end and he switched his mike back on. "Well, wasn't that nice. You were just listening to a classic Stevie Wonder song, "I Just Called To Say I Loved You". Well that about wraps up the love spot for today. I just want to remind you all that if you are in the area, I will be doing a live set tonight at The Gem. I hope to see you there. I am going to send you off with a truly amazing love song. This is Luke L'amour saying good bye and telling you to keep that fire burning in your hearts. Here is Joe Cocker with the classic "You Are So Beautiful To Me"." He flicked the switch for the last time that night and got up from his seat. He sighed and cleaned up the area. As the song finished he shut everything down and left the booth. He said goodbye to everyone and left the station.

A few hours later he was at the location of his live set for the night. He was setting up all his stuff. It took him a while to do on his own, but he prefered it that way. Once it was all set up he left and went to get something to eat. He had a simple meal alone. When he finished he went for a walk around the area until it was almost time. He made his way back to The Gem and returned to his DJ booth. He prepared his first set for the night and sat back to relax. He waited for the doors to open. This was not his event, he just happened to be the DJ for it. It was just a regular night at the club. He was just the guest DJ for the night.

"Hey Alice! We're going out tonight!", a fogged out voice interrupted Alice from her afternoon nap. It was Friday, and she was now exhausted from her week at school. Her hands ached from holding pencils, charcoal, and paintbrushes all week. She was busy working for a scholarship to go to one of the greatest schools for animation in the world.

She opened her eyes and turned around to see her best friend Jade, standing over her. The two were quite opposite to each other, Alice was sometimes surprised Jade tolerated her, she always considered her the more laid back and boring one of the two. She was no where near is precocious as Jade. But Jade took her in after her dad kicked her out of the house when she was 15. Her father was convinced Alice was just as rotten as the other kids in her school, and proceeded to treat her as such. Eventually it led to a major fight between the two. Unfortunately her dad was drunk, and kicked her out. He was also too prideful and stubborn to take her back in, so she never went back home.

Her feet swung over the side of her bed, as she rubbed her eyes, "Where do you want to go?" Alice asked Jade. A large smirk formed on Jade's face, "My favorite radio DJ is going to be at The Gem tonight! I want to go meet him, get drunk, maybe get drunk with him..." Jade squeaked. Alice cocked a brow, she never got why Jade liked the guy. He was just a deep voice on the radio that played love songs. And his name... L' amour? She found it quite cheesy.

Alice sighed and nodded, "Okay, I'll go", she mumbled as she stretched and stood up. Jade squeaked, "Okay! Let's go get ready! Make yourself hot!", Jade turned her head around looking at Alice, "But not hotter than me", she said with a smirk as she left Alice's room.

Alice shook her head as she got up and walked into her bathroom. She stepped into the shower, washing away her sleepiness and the charcoal that stained her fingers. After she got out, she got dressed, chose out a little pink part dress, curled her strawberry-brown hair and proceeded to put on her make up. She was getting tired of this routine, going out to clubs was practically a hobby of Jade's, and she always chose Alice to go with her, probably so she could have someone to make her look good.

"Are you ready?", Jade asked her, appearing in her doorway, waiting for her. She was in a tight black party dress, and her matching colored hair was straight, not a hair out of place. Alice nodded and walked towards Jade, leaving with her. They hopped into Alice's car and made their way to the club.

Luke was given notice that the doors would open in only a few minutes. He nodded and got up. He did a final check of everything and waited. The moment the doors opened he turned on the music. He got the list of the first three songs going and stood there, watching the room start to fill up. He smiled and waved at a few familiar faces and a few he didn't know. As expected, a few fans had come. The majority of the group were not obvious fans though.

The first few minutes went well. Luke was getting into it. He wasn't really enjoying it all, but he made it look as if he did. That was the important thing. People needed to think he was having a good time and enjoying the music. If they didn't think that, then they wouldn't enjoy the time as much. After a while he picked up the microphone. "Well hello everyone and welcome to the Gem. This is Luke L'amour here as your deejay for the night. I will be taking requests over at the booth. I hope you enjoy this next set. Have a good time out there." He sat back and waited for some requests to come in.

Alice and Jade made their way into the now filled room. The music was blaring, you could hardly hear anything aside from it. Jade stood up on the toes of her heels scanning the room as if she were looking for someone. Alice cocked a brow, "Looking for that guy?", she asked her as she crossed her arms. Her friend grinned and nodded, but soon she spotted the booth and the grin on her face grew. "Come on! Let's go request something!" Jade squeaked as she strutted off, going into what Alice called her vixen mode.

Alice followed behind her, shaking her head. What were the chances of Jade getting this guys attention amongst all of these rather attractive girls. Although Jade was notorious for getting the guys she wanted. She lightly sprinted behind Jade, trying to keep up with her friend's eager pace. "Dang girl, he isn't going anywhere.." she murmured as they approached the booth.

"Oh my god, he's hot!" Jade squeaked as she stopped a few steps in front of the booth, looking up at Matthew. Neither of the girls had ever seen his face, but Jade had admired his voice on the radio for quite some time. Alice looked up at him and nodded, he was quite handsome, but she wasn't as boy crazy as Jade was.

"Stay here" Jade said, selfishly not wanting her friend to interfere with her attempt at hooking a guy. She walked right up to the booth. She knew exactly what she wanted to say, it would be charming and direct, and hopefully if Matthew had a sense of humor or liked her looks, he'd go along with it.

"I'd like to request you in my bed, by me" Jade said with a seductive smirk as she got to the front of the line. Alice shook her head and smacked her forehead when she heard what her friend said. Sometimes Jade had absolutely no class.

Luke went through the set just fine and got a few requests that he started to play. He signed a couple of autographs but did not run into any of the super fans that he occasionally met. He scanned the crowd to see if everyone was having a good time. It seemed they were. That was a good thing. He relaxed and set up another set list, including the requests that had been made. He got that going with some introductions and dedications of the requested songs.

Luke looked down at the crowd again and saw two girls approach his booth. One looked quite excited. The other looked like she had been dragged there. He had a feeling he knew what the excited girl would be like. He had run into a few like her before. They were the big fans who did not know his past. He sighed and turned to see a line of a couple of people waiting to give requests. He smiled at them and took their requests, writing them down.

The last in the line ended up being the girl he had seen a moment earlier. He smiled at her. What she said to him surprised him. He paused for a moment, not even sure what to think or say. He looked at her. He cleared his throat and stood up straight. He looked down at her. "Well, I know a lot of songs, but I have never heard of that one before. Do you have a different request? Possibly a song I might have here right now to play?" He hoped that this method of dealing with her would work. He turned back to his gear for a moment and switched over to the next song before turning back to the girl to see if she was still there and if she was, what she might say.

Jade cocked a brow and smirked, "I wasn't talking about a song.." she said as she glared at him. She was determined to get what she wanted. Alice shook her head, obviously the guy was trying to nonchalantly turn Jade down, she didn't blame him. She walked up to her friend and grabbed onto her arm, "Come on Jade, just request something and lets go... he's busy.." she mumbled to her. Jade instantly pulled her arm away snaring at her, "You're not my mom!" Jade snapped at her, "Just go sit down, we'll come find you in a second." Jade knew Alice was right, and she figured she was getting turned down, but she was persistent and felt the need to keep up her composure. She turned back to Matthew and smiled, "You honestly don't want to join me?" Jade put on an innocent pouty face, changing up her game.

Alice sucked her teeth and rolled her eyes before turning around and walking off to go sit down somewhere. Jade may have taken her in, but Alice did not deserve to be treated as such and be forced to follow her around while she hunts for a guy she'd simply fuck then dump once she got to know him. She sat down in a corner on a cushioned chair. She contemplated leaving Jade there, but she was too nice to do so. She could never understand why Jade always got the guys when she all she was interested in what was in their pants, and lacked the ability to be faithful.

Luke sighed. Unfortunately he had known she wasn't refering to a song. He was about to turn and try saying no in a different way when her friend came up. She tried to convince the first girl to leave. The girl's reaction surprised him. She got angry at the friend and yelled at her. She had no manners and no class. She simply turned back to him and asked him if he was sure. She tried to use facial expressions on him.

Luke stared down at her for a moment. He cleared his throat and leaned down toward her. "You know what, I think I have a song I can play for you. Hold on a second." He turned to his music and quickly found the song. He set it up to go on next. It was "Maneater" by Hall and Oates. Once it started he let her hear what it was and then spoke loud enough to emphasize what he needed her to hear, but quiet enough that no one else would hear him over the music.

"I was going to be polite, but what I saw you do disgusted me. You treated your friend horribly. You don't deserve friends that good. You have no tact. First you approach me with a cheesy pick up line. Do you even know much about me at all? I bet all you know about me is my voice. Did you know I'm a widower? Yeah, my wife died only a few years ago. What makes you think I'd want to go fuck a cheap slut? So I turn you down nicely. Then you mistreat your friend and come back at me again. I tried to let you save face, now get out of here. I can't stop you from listening to my radio show, but I don't want to see you at any of my shows. Am I understood?"

He turned back to his music and set it to run the next few songs without him needing to be there. He then stepped down from his booth. It took him a minute to find her, but he found the girl's friend. He looked at her sitting there. He smiled slightly. "Hey, I'm sorry your friend treated you that way because of me. I've seen more than a few schoolgirl crushes. All because of a voice on the radio. Anyway, I hope you are ok. No friend should treat another friend like that. Well, I should get back to the booth. I just wanted to appoligise for your friend since I am fairly sure she will not do so herself." He smiled again and turned to head back to his booth.

Alice looked up at the man that was speaking to her, it was the DJ that Jade had been pursuing. In the background, she could see her friend stomping across the dance floor towards the bar. She knew the night would not end well, and she knew somehow it would turn around on her and it'd be her fault somehow.

She looked back up him and gave him a small smile, "I'm sure she won't be bothering you... for now", she said as she returned her eyes to Jade who now had a drink in her hand and was giggling at the bar with a guy. She knew Jade would most likely not be coming home with her that night. She didn't mind. She looked up to see if Luke was still there, but he had returned to the DJ booth. She let out a soft smile, she was flattered that he had taken the time to come talk to her and apologize for Jade.

Her eyes scanned the entire club. It was dark, hot, loud, and crowded. She loved to dance, but tonight she was far too tired to do so. She looked down at her hands, her middle finger was still stained with stubborn charcoal. Alice rested her back up against the wall as she started to people watch while just enjoying the music.

Luke made it back to the booth and stepped up. He started another play list. He really felt bad for the girl. She needed a better friend than the one she had. While the other girl had not left, she had not bothered him again. If she did, he would have her removed, but he'd leave her alone. He sighed and sat back. He prepared another set of songs and took a few more requests.

The night went on. It eventually quieted down to mostly paired people and he played more romantic songs. He started to feel less and less happy as the songs reminded him of the good times in the past. He sighed and hid behind the booth more, focusing on setting up song lists. He made and remade lists. He took a few requests, but focused on the music, trying to escape from his thoughts, to escape from his past.

For some reason he happened to glance toward the wall and saw the girl from earlier still there. He was surprised she had not left already. He didn't see her obnoxious friend, but she might be among the people on the dance floor. He tried to figure out what was going on with the girl. He started to think about it as a way to escape the negative thoughts. He often wondered about people, trying to avoid wondering about himself.

As Alice started to people watch, she lost track of Jade. She was no longer at the bar. Alice stood up and started to wander around the place looking for Jade. As much as she was angry with her, she still felt the need to look out for her. Elbows, backs, and legs bumped into her as she worked her way through the crowd looking for her. There was no sign of her friend. Eventually, she decided to take out her phone and call her. She moved back to her corner as she started to dial her number.

"Hello?", Jade answered.
"Where are you?!", Alice snapped.
"I met a guy. Just go on without me, I'll be back later tonight or in the morning"
"You left me here at The Gem?! What the hell! We haven't even been here that long, you dragged me here!"
"Hey! You didn't have to come!"
"Oh like you would have let me say no?! Who would make you look extra skanky then?!"

After Alice said that, she was hung up on. She dropped her phone into her purse and let out a frustrated groan. She was now left alone in this place and ditched by her friend who apparently was only interested in getting laid.

Luke's eyes scanned the crowd casually as he did his work. He constantly caught them returning to one person. He found himself looking at the girl every couple of minutes. He felt bad for the way she had been treated. He watched as she made a phone call. It felt a little strange that he was watching her, but he was curious about her.

The phone call did not look as if it went well. She seemed a little dissapointed or annoyed. He decided to try cheering her up. He got another song going and stepped down from his booth. He went over to her with a small smile. "Hey there again. I couldn't help notice you have been ditched. I can't help but feel partially responsible for you being here since I think she brought you here because of me. So I would like to first play your favorite song for you, and then ask if there is anything I could do to make up for you being stuck here on your own."

Alice looked up when she could hear a familiar voice speaking to her. She looked up and once again, it was the DJ that Jade had pursued. She sighed and shook her head but then giggled thinking about Jade's chain of thought and the irony.

They had came here so Jade could catch the attention of this Luke guy, but instead, here he was talking to Alice. But unfortunately it was only out of sympathy.

She stood up, patting down her free flowing dress, and looked him in the eyes, "Really.. I'm sorry for my friend's behavior. It was classless and disrespectful of her to come up to you like that, especially when you're working" she said sincerely. Now that she was face to face with him, she happened to notice how handsome he actually was. No wonder so many girls liked him, he had a voice and looks. But she wasn't planning to become one of his adoring fans.

She then felt a buzz coming from her purse. She picked up her phone and looked at the screen. It was a text from Jade, "i might need u 2 bail me out this guy collects star wars stuff!!!" it said. Alice smirked and giggled and closed her phone. Jade would have to put up with the guy.

"In all honesty.. I couldn't ask anything of you. I'm used to it, and I'm glad you didn't fall for her lame lines. She would have just screwed you for bragging rights" she told him with a half smile.

Luke looked into the girls eyes as she appoligised for her friend. It was something she didn't need to do. He smiled at her. Up close she was quite pretty. If his life was different she would probably be the kind of girl he would be interested in, but things were not different. She could be perfect for him and he would probably not do anything about it.

He watched her look at her phone and then giggle. He wondered what was funny. It was none of his business though. She declined his offer to make it up to her. He grinned and laughed a little at her comment. "Well, no one would have believed her anyway. Anyone who really knows about me, any real fan, knows I don't screw anyone. I don't even go out with anyone. I've heard lines much better than her's too. Anyway, why don't you come back to the booth and tell me a song you want to hear. Anything you want." He smiled and turned to go back to the dj booth.

Alice flashed a smile to him and followed him through the crowd. A couple girls stared as she entered the both with him. She looked down at the crowd, it had a nice view of the place, she could see everyone. It was like an ocean of people, she was surprised she managed to walk through that crowd.

She stepped aside giving Luke some space, "I hope you don't mind me coming up here... I wanted to see what it looks like from here..", she said softly with a slight blush, completely noticing he didn't exactly invite her into the booth. "B-but, I guess you could play Ready for Love by Cascada, if you have it.." She bit her lip in slight embarrassment.

Luke went back to the booth and stepped up. He set up another song to play quickly so the music didn't stop. He then turned to see where the girl had gone. He was a little surprised to see her in the booth. He listened to what she said and smiled at her. "Don't worry about it. I'm afraid you can't stay up here for long though. It isn't professional. I have the song, I'll get it set up for you." He turned and searched through his music, finding the song. He set it to play next and turned back to smile at her. "There you go. It will be on next."

Alice smiled at Luke and nodded, "Thank you" she said softly. She then stepped down out of the booth, feeling embarrassed for going up there. It was a stupid thing to do. Her phone was now filled with text messages from Jade.

"hello???"
"where are you??? i need a ride home!!!"
"im here in the bathroom i told him i had to poo"
"omg he still wants to do it!!!"
"fuck you im never going out with you ever again ur so unrelyable!!!"

Alice giggled as she read them all. She was interrupted when her light was blocked by a guy standing in front of her. The guy was tall, average looking, and seemed to have something in mind by the looks of the smile on his face. "Hey there, I couldn't help but notice you were here alone. Why don't you come have a drink with me at the bar?" the guy asked her as he crossed his arms, looking down at the petite girl.

Alice cocked a brow and looked up at him, "No thanks. I don't know you. And if I didn't like being here alone, I'd just leave.." she told the guy coldly. She was planning on leaving soon anyways, and she did not feel like dealing with a male version of Jade. She crossed her arms and stood up walking away, leaving the guy standing there feeling shot down. She sighed realizing how pointless her entire night had been. She was tired, alone, dressed up and no where important. But the night was a success because Jade got to go home with someone.

Luke watched the girl leave the booth and go out among the crowd again. He smiled. She seemed nice. Her song came on a moment later and he watched her to make sure she was happy. A guy had approached her and he seemed interested in her. She dealt with him fairly easily and left him there. He laughed to himself. She was definitely an interesting person. He wondered if he'd see her around. He found himself partially hoping he would, as long as her friend was not around as well. He continued doing his work though, trying not to think about too much at all.

Alice decided it was about time to leave. If she was lucky, Jade would not be coming home that night, and she hoped so.

She made her way through the hot crowded building that never seemed to empty at all. She turned her head getting one good look back at the nice guy she had met that night, the only decent thing that had happened that day. She smiled and waved wondering if he'd see the friendly gesture, but didn't mind if he hadn't.

The drive home was short and peaceful, and like she had hoped, the house was empty. Her phone was now filled with even more texts, all insults and complaints from Jade. She turned out all of the lights, enjoying the sound of silence. Usually on a Friday night, Jade would have friends over, or a guy, or she'd be stumbling around drunk. A sigh came from her lips as she thought about it. She wished she could move out, but she couldn't afford it, so she was stuck putting up with Jade.

After changing into her night gown, she dropped down into bed and pulled the covers over her. She stared at the ceiling wondering if the club was still as alive as when she left it, she was almost certain it was. Her eyes closed as she slowly drifted off to sleep, it didn't take her long at all.

(How should they meet up again?)

Luke looked up and saw the girl leaving the club. He smiled when he saw her wave. She was gone and he started to get his mind back under control. He realized that he hadn't learned her name though. He figured the chances of seeing her again were fairly small, so it really didn't matter too much. He shrugged and got back to work.

A few hours later things started to finally wind down. He took the last requests and got the last set started up. When the time was finally up and everyone had left, he spent another half hour cleaning up his stuff. He got it all packed into his van again and left in the early hours of the morning. When he got home he just left his stuff in the van. He went right to bed and collapsed while still in his clothes. With a single yawn he drifted off to sleep.

((I am thinking that they just happen to meet at a random event of some sort where he isn't working and neither would know the other would be there. I am thinking a few random encounters before anything really starts to happen between them.))

Alice woke the next morning with an angry looking, sleep deprived, Jade standing over her. She bit her lip trying to hold back the smirk that was trying to form on her face. She sat up and propped herself up on her elbows. "So... have a nice.. night?" she asked, trying to hold back a big smile.

The angered look on Jade's face did not decease. She put her hands on her hips and snapped, "What kind of friend leaves her friend at some guys house and doesn't come to her help when her phone is filled with text messages asking her to come get her! That weirdo could have been some crazy axe killer!"

Alice didn't react. She got out of bed, stood up, and walked into her bathroom. She didn't even acknowledge the girl in front of her.

"Hello! I'm talking to you!" Jade said quite loudly, following Alice to the bathroom door. Alice was feeling a bit annoyed now. Her first peaceful Friday night of sleep had ended and her weekend life went back to the way it always was. She turned her head with a cold stare.

"What kind of friend takes her friend to a club just so she could get hot? What kind of friend tosses her friend aside so that she doesn't have a third wheel? What kind of friend leaves her friend at a club so that she can get laid?" Alice said, first starting out quiet, then gradually getting louder. "You asked for it Jade! You willingly went to that guys house. I swear, sometimes you should have blond hair.."

She slammed the door shut not waiting for what Jade had to say. Soon the bathroom with filled with the sound of the shower running. She had yet another long day ahead of her. She planned on going downtown, by herself, to pick up some art supplies and do some shopping.

Luke woke the next morning at the regular time. He was a little tired since he had been up late, but he got up all the same. He showered and ate breakfast. He then looked over his schedule for the day. He had his radio show as always, followed by an event down town that he would just be attending. It was a nice, relaxing band performance at a local bar. He was sure he would enjoy it. It would be a nice calm evening.

He spent the morning doing a little bit of research on some music. While he did not like his job, he knew he needed to stay informed. He worked until lunch time. He then got in his car and went to the station. He parked and went next door to a restaurant and had a nice meal. He then went to do his show. It was the typical two hours. He mentioned the show the night before and made some jokes. He made one joke in particular about a certain girl who had approached him during the night.

When he was done the show he left the booth and returned to his car. He drove downtown and spent some time there hanging out and relaxing. When it came time for the band performance he went and had some dinner quickly, before going to the bar. He got himself a nice seat and just sat there relaxing and waiting. When the show started, he watched and listened, enjoying the music.

Alice took a shower, ate breakfast, and headed out for her day. She was sent off by a cold comment by Jade, "I don't want to see your face around this place today". Alice shook her head, "Yeah yeah yeah" she murmured as she got into her car and drove off.

She went to her favorite art supplies shop and browsed and bought herself some new paint brushes and paints for a painting she was planning on doing soon for her finals. She enjoyed afternoons like this. It was just her, doing what she wanted.

After getting what she needed, she spent the rest of the afternoon just roaming around the downtown area doing leisure shopping, she had some spare money to spend, so she thought she'd treat herself. She bought herself an outfit and a matching purse to go along with it. As she wandered downtown, her stomach started to growl, and she noticed she had skipped lunch, now it was going on dinner time. She stopped in front of this one bar and peaked inside the windows, it seemed a band was performing, but did the place serve food? She was partially more concerned about getting food, but if she could get dinner and a show, the better. She examined her reflection in the window noticing how blandly she had dressed that day, she wasn't exactly dressed to go into a place like that.

She smirked as she walked into the bar, straight through into the women's bathroom, where she would get changed. She put on her new outfit and shook her hair up, making herself look as if she had actually gotten dressed to go out. Out she went, into the bar that was filled with the music of the band that was performing. She found herself a corner where she watched the band.

Luke watched as the band went up on stage. They introduced themselves and then went into their first song. It was a nice rock tune. Luke closed his eyes and let himself get lost in the music. The minutes passed as the band played. They were good young talent. If they got the right break, they might make it some day. Luke might end up playing their songs some time. He opened his eyes and applauded the band as their first song finished. He was surprised when he thought he saw someone he knew passing by and going to a back corner. He looked back there and saw the girl he had met the night before at the Gem. He smiled. He hadn't expected to see her again, and especially not so soon. He didn't go over to her though. He just let her enjoy the show. They might talk later, but he didn't want to in the middle of the show.

A waitress walked up and asked Alice if she wanted to order something. She ordered a basket of fries and a drink and settled with that, she was distracted by the band playing. Further up in the mildly crowded bar, she spotted Luke from the night before. He seemed to be enjoying himself, and at peace, so she decided not to bother him. She smirked when Jade came to mind. Jade would be quite angry if she found out Alice ran into him again.

But then, his eyes went her way, she quickly looked away hoping he didn't see her watching him. She leaned back in her chair, at an attempt to hide herself. After a couple of minutes she sat up straight and continued eating, listening to the band finish up their last song. The band had only played a few songs, but Alice enjoyed listening to local artists, especially when they had a great sound to them.

About half way through the show the group stopped for an intermission. Luke decided to get up for a drink. He went to the bar and got himself a cola. He then noticed the girl there. He decided to go say hello, at least for a minute. He walked over to her with a smile. As he got close he waved slightly. "Hey there. It is nice to see people out enjoying local musicians. I saw you here and decided to say hi. I also realised that I never learned your name."

Back
Top Bottom