Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dragons, Ghosts, Mutants, or None of the Above?

Frogger

Pulsar
Hi there! Frogger speaking, as all of you can very well tell.

As of late, I keep attempting to bring people together in a group roleplay, whether it be in the form of a band, or of students and teachers casting magic within the halls of Hogwarts... and yet, despite my efforts, neither of these roleplays have flourished. It's a shame, really.

So, I bring forth new ideas, which I'd very much like your input on. Speak up, say which one you like the best, so forth and so on. Please do.

Idea #1: Well, how about you read the intro and see where it goes.

A human mother gives a last shuddering breath and a nursemaid places two fraternal twins in her arms. One boy, one girl. She has just enough time to look at them, the boy with a dusting of pitch black hair, mismatched eyes, and pointed little ears, girl with a mob of dark red hair, and pointed little ears, before she smiles at the newborns, shutters, and passed away, her son following just a moment behind her.

The nursemaid lets out a silent tear for her mistress and her son, extending a hand to reach for the twins, but just as her fingers are about to touch them, they begin to glow, a vibrant gold light surrounds the infants. The large room starts to shake and the twins grow brighter, an almost unbearable heat radiating off of them. A massive golden celestial dragon appears curled around again and again around the room. The walls crack and her talons dig into the wall. Her muscles ripple under her glorious scales, her long body shifting constantly. Upon her massive head is a beautiful set of horns, a pure ivory. She shakes and lets out a agonizing scream, sending the already petrified nursemaid cowering and clutching her ears in the corner. A banging at the door to the suite and desperate male voice cries out "Elora!! Nursemaid! What’s going on?! Elora!!"

Suddenly the dragon splits in two, turning into a mass of pure glowing energy, two bright, blinding, white orbs. They thrash around the room before shooting into the heart of each child. The girl takes up a shill, pain filled scream, while the other orb burst back out of the chest of the boy, the dragon's sorrow filled scream echoing with the one of the remaining twin. On the small chest of the girl, a silver celestial dragon appears, tattooed onto her brand new flesh. It crawls across, circling her little torso, and then settling on her backs. The glowing stops suddenly, the child falling into slumber unnaturally.

The room is trashed, the walls practically falling in. The rejected orb searches almost frantically about the room before shooting out the window and into the night sky. A crashing slam, and the door to the room opens, the magic keeping it closed after the beast transformed dyeing out. The voice belonged to the mother’s husband, an elf. He stands, his slight form surveying the scene. The old nursemaid was unconscious in the corner, a small stream of blood from her ears and nose. His eyes find his dead wife; his children laying curled in her dead arms. Both are sleeping, but one will never wake. A scream of anguish escapes his lips and he runs across the room. Touching her cold face he whispers a goodbye. His arms find his newborn children, and he buries his face into their tiny forms.

Idea #2:

Okay, know the older cartoon Danny Phantom? I would love to do similar, or rather, off this concept. The time of Danny Phantom has long come to pass, with him being but a distant memory. Ghosts are running amok in Amity Park... is there anyone who can save the people?

Idea #3:

X-Men Group Role-Play, but a future generation. Enough said.

Idea #4:

There is a conspiracy at hand, between two warring countries. What it is, well... no one really knows, but a selected few. A Princess is at its center... as does the people closest to said Princess. This is a very broad topic, one I am more than willing to discuss at length.

Opinions? Thoughts?

Here is another idea:

Love Never Fails, but People Do...

At least, that's what the legislation says. And what have we to believe in, if not the grown-ups?

╺❖╸╺❖╸╺❖╸╺❖╸╺❖╸╺❖╸╺❖╸

By the year 3000, humankind had long since rectified all the faults it could identify and had come as close to the epitome of a human as they could possibly come through gnomes modified, genetics braided, and embryos selected. Every human became as beautiful, strong, and intelligent as the next. Career choices were easy because not only were they assigned by aptitude, but also provided "pro bono" to each student. Even emotions were studied extensively and could be created or banished at will.

Human society was climbing the highest mountain to the peak. But there was only one thing that was holding them back:ℓσνε.

And so, they fixed that too.

Well no offense intended but none of your GRPs that featured certain fandoms piqued my interests. I really hate Harry Potter. Sad to say that your current selection still doesn't spark my interest. Ok, as far as I know there is already a Marvel GRP set up and I doubt if its gaining momentum. Why not try something more generic? Something that players could easily get acclimatize? I know your Idea #4 is an attemp to rehash one of your current group roleplay.

the idea could be expanded on, but I think it might be to open ended, when people have such open ended rps many times they tend to get lost on how to start or what to do during down time. It would seem you would need something perhaps limited and focused to be successful. Perhaps something that starts out with a few number of key people and opens up, or a rp with a common goal where the rpers have to push towards the aim. Well that is my thought on the matter anyhow.

Hm, what I was thinking of for the mythological creatures school is that they are training to both master their abilities, and to fight. Their country could be at war with another.

hmm perhaps they learn while they defending their country, or perhaps they were learning and now are forced into action as a sort of last line of defense for their country, where each character has a different special ability or skill that separates them from their comrades perhaps?

Oh, that's the thing. There can be just about any kind of mythological creature (though I'll have to put the approval stamp on it), but yes. Also, I like that idea... I was already thinking that somewhere down the road, numerous students are forced onto the battlefield.

That way you can avoid the mundane day to day stuff which I would guess would be were one lost interest from people and group rps tend to go off the tracks, but that is a guess.

Back
Top Bottom