Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Caldwell's Academy of Magical Talents and Draconic Arts

Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS SEMESTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW PEOPLE. PLEASE COME BACK FOR THE NEXT SEMESTER FOR MORE OPENINGS! THANK YOU!

CHARACTER PROFILE THREAD: http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=60965
Interest & Coordination Thread: http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=60827 Check this thread frequently since it has more info added as we go.

Ok, I am going to start this RP and hopefully I can get enough people to create a new world. This is where I will place any and all information as well as answer any
questions. I also have a wiki site that will have the same basic information. This is the background information of the RP.

Now for the opening of the newest Academy!
In a galaxy outside of The Milky Way and yet it dips into The Milky Way for two months out of the Earth year, is a galaxy was called The Bridge Mix for it was a mixture of unique masses of geodes and meteors that float around the galaxy. It was newly made for magic users or the ones with a Magical Core. In this galaxy is a lonely planet called Safe Haven. It had a warm star called Solaria and a cooler star called Lunaria. They each ruled for 12 hours out of the day.

On Safe Haven was a land mass called Sanctuary. On Sanctuary was a small community of magic users. Most of the magic users were of the common stock. Only one stood out and that one was Lady Violetta. She was given the job of running an academy of magic. All of these people were once from Earth but they do not remember being there except Lady Violetta. She needed to remember for she was to get students from Earth that had a magical core. None of them will be happy that they would be taken from Earth to study for a time. Hopefully they would return for a second semester after they go home. Only time will tell………

Lady Violetta has now opened the newest of the Academy Series. This Academy will have two separate set of classes. They are Traditional Magical Talents Classes which does have modern technical advances that she has created and the new Draconic Arts Academy. There are a few classes that both Traditional Magic Students and Draconic Students will share. You will receive the best education that can be had on the planet. There are many perks such as receiving a pet and/or dragon as well as many other free items.

You can even help create new creatures or be the first team of explorers who will seek out new lands. In these new lands new kingdoms can be made. Will you be the one who set up a kingdom? What other things will entice you to enroll in this new school?

Feel free to fill out one of the following forms and either enroll or be a staff member in one of the best Academies available.

I have set up a Wiki Site for this RP.

http://rp-worlds.wikia.com/wiki/Complete_Contents_of_Caldwell%27s_Academy_of_Magical_Talents_and_Draconic_Arts_RP

I will have all of the information of my classes in it.

What you can see of the Academy at the moment. This is the Main Floor.

This is the Bedroom Floor where Lady Violetta and Ezio's Bedroom Suites are along with all student rooms.

Basic Student Room

How Roisin's room looks like after she has redone it with the things she bought from The Village Stores.

Staff Suite which you may modify. If you want to make your room and add it to your Profile, you may do so.

NonMagical Floor

Staff Floor

Roof Top Classes

More will be added as the RP goes on.

If you have questions, feel free to ask!

'Feel free to fill out one of the following forms and either enro'll to be a student or be a staff member in one of the best Academies available.

Staff positions are Butler, Nurse, and Draconic Teacher.

Name:

Age when entered this world (New Haven: students are between 15 and 19: staff must be at least 25

Loop when entered New Haven: Loop

Family in New Haven:

Dislikes:

Personality:

Room Number: first posted, first served

History:

Rank of the Basic 4 (Fire, Water, Earth, Air/Wind):

1)

2)

3)

4)

Magical Affinity (natural liking or attraction is felt for – may not be available to the student until it is learned):

Personal Tendency: (see chart below)
Pets and when chosen:

Education completed while on New Haven:

Independent Courses taken:

Careers:

Accepted Characters:
Staff Positions:
Head Mistress- Lady Violetta Rose deForest
Draconic Professor- Ezio Vittore Nicastro
Nurse- waiting on profile
Butler- Edward Hastings
(Rooms taken at this time: )
1)
2)
3) Angello Hastings
4) Ashley Calder (Prefers Ash)
5)
6) Anique
7) Roisin Orchid deForest
8)
9)
10) Misa Hastings

Definitions of Magics:

1) Air -- You can manipulate air, creating gusts of winds t

o blow away enemies, or keep yourself alive in worse areas by drawing in clean air to yourself. If used hard enough can wear down even the mightiest of stone.

2) Fire -- You can manipulate fire, adding heat and light to what you do, you both weaken shadows, and melt ice, as well as burn other organisms. However, a strong wind, or ample water or earth can snuff you out.

3) Water -- You can manipulate water, moistening things, doesn't sound like much, but drowning is an unpleasant way to die. You can also wear away at earth, and kill fires. Earth can mix with water to make mud and thusly kills the flow of water.

4) Earth -- You can manipulate the very earth around you, building the best shelters, fortifications, and the most resistant of any materials. But even a simple wind can erode you, or a strong one. And a mighty rush of water can knock you down.

5) Plants -- You can manipulate plant life, easy way to contain another person, wrap item in vines, Also good for finding food, shelter, and other things. You can also communicate with the plants; figure out info from what they have been around. However, all plants can burn quite easily, from fire

The beginning of your new life.....

The beginning of your new life…….Out there on a lonely planet called Earth is some shunned people. Well maybe not really shunned but not noticed very often, kinda strange, weird or simply not understood. Each and every one of the people has something in common with each other. None of them yet know what bonds them together but they, aye that they soon will. The Creator has made a place for these special people in another Galaxy called Bridge Mix Galaxy and land on the Planet called Safe Haven. On Safe Haven is a land mass called Sanctuary and more specifically on Caldwell's Lands. What matters most is that these special people with this ancient core are gathered and placed there where they will be safe once more.

The planet has all of the requirements of Earth and some of its technology. Just not the pollution and overcrowding from the vast population explosion that has happened again. Most of the ones who will be taken won’t even be missed which is sad to say. Sure they would be kinda missed if they were good workers or students by parents. Soon they should stop missing them and most certainly the chosen ones won’t be missing all that they will leave behind when they leave. In fact, a Miss Violetta Rose deForrest came over to The Planet just over 3 years ago. She has completed her courses for being the headmistress of the Academy that the Chosen will reside in. She is The First Chosen.

Speaking of The Academy or Caldwell’s Academy of Magical Talents and Draconic Arts, which is its proper name, is a special castle made of special materials. That you will have to find out later after you have arrived. So hurry on with your life on Earth and find that painting of Caldwell’s Academy of Magical Talents and Draconic Arts or you will be late for Orientation. That is not a good way to start your new school year off.

1-Caldwell’s Painting
What normal person sees…..

2-Caldwell’s Magical Painting
What a person with a magical core would see…… The faded writing is very faded and you might even have to get up close to be able to read it…… It says Welcome to The Painting of Caldwell’s Academy. Please touch The Painting to enter Caldwell’s Academy.

YOU HAVE ARRIVED AT CALDWELL’S ACADEMY OF MAGICAL TALENT AND DRACONIC ARTS! The hard way.

You have somehow touched that picture and fell through a long long drop to a springy surface which just happened to be the softest spongiest grass you ever did see or feel. You have not actually hurt yourself but you were quite scared of the fall. Now is when you will meet your Headmistress, Lady Violetta Rose deForrest as she comes out of the Castle in front of you. She is smiling and speaking to each of you in a calm voice.

“Welcome to your new home. Is anyone hurt or bruised? If not please brush yourself off and stand in a line side by side so that I can see what each of you look like.”

Agenda

1) Once you have been reassured and checked over, Lady Violetta Rose deForrest leads you into the Castle and into the assembly room for your Orientation to Caldwell’s.

2) Lunch is served.

3) Next is room assignment.

4) Going to the local store for clothes and supplies for school. We will eat at the cafe tonight.

5) Head back to The Castle to settle in for the night.

Next day’s agenda.

1) Breakfast.
2) Assembly Room for lecture on your new life here at The Caldwell’s Academy of Magical Talents and Draconic Arts.
3) Introduction to the Independent Labs.
4) Free time to get to know each other and start on your Independent Lab Studies.

The following day will be your first full day of classes.

Caldwell’s Academy of Magical Talents and Draconic Arts
Bulletin Board
All Staff and Students! Please check this Bulletin Board frequently. All changes in schedules and weather will be posted here.
Loop 1 Position: The Crossing
Weather for today will be:
Quiet and receptive to new students
This Semester’s Staff:

This Semester’s Classes:
Traditional Magic Courses
Traditional Magic
Sunrise-Basic Meditation
This class is designed to clear the mind and to strengthen it in more ways than one.
1) Elemental 1
Air/Wind Magic
1)Make a small breeze
2)Gusts- short blast of wind that lasts 30-40 seconds
3)Blasts of wind – can last up to 10 to20 minutes depending on experience
4)Create and manipulate wind currents
Fire/Heat Magic
1)Make a spark
2)Small flame
3)Heat something up
4)Fire balls
Water Magic
1)Make water move without touching
2)Pull water out of air
3)Water Spout- a small water devil
4)Throw a stream of water
Earth Magic
1)Trembling- Make ground tremble
2)Rising 1-Make ground rise up into a mole hill
3)Rising 2-Make ground rise up into a hill
2-Plantology and Potions 1
How to plant and take care of Herbal Plants
How to Dry Herbal Plants and Store them
Memorize the Equipment
3-Mental/Mind Control Magic
1) Telepathy – Ability to speak mind to mind of a single creature
2) Telekinesis- ability to move objects or bend objects
3) Levitation- the ability to float
LUNCH!
4-Creatureology
A study of various mythical animals, their breeding and care for your first pet.
Any magic user- depending on the ability and level of magic, the user will be allowed to take care of a creature.
5-Physical Training
Work out to a stronger you so that you can handle more Magic.
6-Our New World
Explore our galaxy as we go through the two loops and understand what good our galaxy- Bridge Mix- does for the Milky Way Galaxy.
TEA TIME!
7- Study Break
8) Independent Study

Draconic Magic Courses
Sunrise-Basic Meditation
This class is designed to clear the mind and to strengthen it in more ways than one.
1) Elemental 1
Air/Wind Magic
1)Make a small breeze
2)Gusts- short blast of wind that lasts 30-40 seconds
3)Blasts of wind – can last up to 10 to20 minutes depending on experience
4)Create and manipulate wind currents
Fire/Heat Magic
1)Make a spark
2)Small flame
3)Heat something up
4)Fire balls
Water Magic
1)Make water move without touching
2)Pull water out of air
3)Water Spout- a small water devil
4)Throw a stream of water
Earth Magic
1)Trembling- Make ground tremble
2)Rising 1-Make ground rise up into a mole hill
3)Rising 2-Make ground rise up into a hill
2) Study Period
3-Mental/Mind Control Magic
1) Telepathy – Ability to speak mind to mind of a single creature
2) Telekinesis- ability to move objects or bend objects
3) Levitation- the ability to float
LUNCH!
4-Creatureology
A study of various mythical animals, their breeding and care for your first pet.
Any magic user- depending on the ability and level of magic, the user will be allowed to take care of a creature.
5-Physical Training
Work out to a stronger you so that you can handle more Magic.
6-Our New World
Explore our galaxy as we go through the two loops and understand what good our galaxy- Bridge Mix- does for the Milky Way Galaxy.
TEA TIME!
7-Basic Care of Dragons
What to expect out of your dragon, how to train and care for your dragon.
8) Independent Study

Independent Study Courses and the credits that you will receive:
Auras-1
Basketry-2
Calligraphy-3
Musical Instrument-1

This Semester’s Students Level Course of Study

Lady Violetta was finishing up her notes and class schedules in her office. The Academy is quiet with anticipation which was killing her slowly- not that she could actually die but it just felt that way.
The Crossing had allowed those who would be her staff to find their way their by touching a certain picture somewhere on Earth. By now each staff person should have settled into their rooms and hopefully will be ready to start with the first and final staff meeting before the students arrive.
Each staff member was selected to do a specific job in this Academy and the Magical Core will have taught them what they need to know for the position that they were called for. Deep inside of each of these adults the magic had opened them up to be receptive to new ideas and ways. It is their duty to perform their position as well as they could.......

Lady Violetta was finished and was ready to start the meeting. New Teacher Equipment boxes were off to one side and a chair for each staff person was waiting.

"Shit..." Pain rang from ear to ear, and the acids of the stomach had yet to meet their base. Ezio tossed to one side of his bed, and mindlessly pushed his blanket to the floor. He debated whether or not he really felt like going to the staff meeting. Well, truthfully, even if he wasn't hung over he wouldn't want to go, a staff meeting for teachers sounded incredibly bland. What was there to meet about, really? What textbooks to use? Bleh.

He was already running late, so he needed to make a decision quickly. Staying in bed was the option that was ahead by mile. No body would really notice if he didn't go. Chances were that it would be a waste of time anyway, he wouldn't be able to focus with the nerves in his head vibrating like the skin of a timpani drum. Ezio pulled his pillow over his head and muttered: "Fuck it." His decision was made, or so he thought.

He hit the 'snooze' as opposed to the 'alarm' button on his clock, and as soon as the man closed his green eyes he got the second wake up call that he didn't ask for. Both sets of eyelashes on either eye promptly separated from each other, and with how he was feeling, he wasn't going to be able to get back to sleep again. As he brought his hand down harshly on the clock, it silenced. He snatched his hand back and sat up. "Might as well go..."

How should a teacher present themselves? Well-pressed and dressed? Right now, Ezio didn't really care. He ran his slender fingers through his black hair and awkwardly clenched his glasses in his hand. After getting them situated on his face, he threw on the suit jacket that he wore last night. He had slept in his pants and white dress shirt, so he just kept them on despite the wrinkles and dark stain on his dress shirt. He smelled of cologne and whiskey. Last night was a fun night.

The door of room one closed behind him, as he made his way to where he thought the staff meeting was. He did notice that the room had people in it already, so maybe it was the right place. Not far from Lady Violetta was an empty chair. Ezio was less than graceful when he sat down. He rested his arms on the desk and lowered his head into his cupped hands. He was so focussed on how crapoy he felt that Lady Violetta and the new teacher equipment boxes had missed his attention. "I'm starting to regret getting out of bed..." he announced even though he was surrounded by other staff members.

Lady Violetta shook her head sadly as Ezio came in. She went to her closet and mixed a drink to cure and perk up the disheveled teacher.

"Really now, Ezio, if you can't handle my liqueur, then perhaps you should leave it be. I am glad that I didn't brink out the strong stuff. Drink this straight down if you are man enough to do so." she spoke with a bit if distaste in her voice.

"Those who have received their new equipment may leave. Those who do have their new equipment will find a chair and prepare for my lecture."

All of the regular housekeeping and kitchen staff left with out a word. They knew the rules well enough and being late is totally out of question.

"We have one more staff member to arrive which should give you plenty of time to get more awake, Ezio. Tell me exactly why you over drank? You could lose your position here by doing that." Lady Violetta spoke sternly.

For someone in his mid-twenties, Ezio lacked discipline more than some teenagers. It was no surprise that he had drank enough to be so sloppy at an important meeting. The Headmistress spoke with distaste, but like with most things, Ezio's flippant ego took the stage. He scoffed as he recognized her voice, and rose his head out of his hands and gave her a rather smart-assed remark.

"How selfish of me, really. How dare a lightweight such as myself drink your precious liquer. I should be burned at the stake!" With two fingers touching the from of his glasses he mock saluted her and added: "Forgive me, Lady. And bless your heart for not killing me with your 'strong' stuff, Lord knows I wouldn't be able to control myself..." 'Lady' was stressed in such a way to add time fact that he was just being snotty.

The raven-haired man had filed Lady Violetta away as a 'prude' and treated her as such. While the other staff members heeded her directions and walked out, Ezio leaned back in his chair, having not touched the drink yet. "You've got those janitors whipped, I see." 'Janitors' being the mocking term that he had lumped all of the non-teacher staff under. Ezio saw the position of educator as being somewhat higher than the people who microwaved chicken patties and cleaned toilets, and despite disliking the prospect of his own job, he treated them like underlings. In his mind, they were underlings.

As Lady Violetta spoke to him sternly, Ezio winced in pain as the nerves in his head were on fire. His pain took precedence before anything, and he didn't pay her much mind. His next answer to her was apathetic, but at least partially truthful. "What can I say? I'm a lush, dear." His swept bangs were lifted up by his hand as he rubbed his forehead. "You really can't vent all of your ire on me, the last person that we are waiting on still isn't here. I should have stepped out for a smoke. Who are we still waiting on, anyway?"

"The expected or rather hoped for nurse, has not arrived yet. So it is just you and me. Drink up or you won't be able to take my lecture of being a role model." Lady Violetta spoke not as harshly. But she knew that Ezio needed to be slightly reprimanded before the students arrive which may anytime.

"Perhaps I shouldn't have served any of the Fairy liquor for an newly arrived Earthling. I won't be serving you any of my DragonBlood liqueur. At least the rest of my Staff have been with me a few years so they do know my expectations. By the end of the semester you too will know the rules like the back of your own hand." Lady Violetta began.

""First things first. ALL STAFF ARE TO BE ROLE MODELS FOR THE INCOMING STUDENTS. FIRST AND FOREMOST RULE FOR ALL STAFF!
Secondly. No smoking allowed in any rooms on any floor except in the Staff Lounge and personal suites. There are special venting systems in those rooms which will allow smoking. All other rooms will consider a hint of smoke will be considered as a fire and the automatic Watering System will be flying in to put out any smoke or unauthorized fires out immediately. They also tend to follow who started to smoke or make an unauthorized fires. They can be a bit of a nuisance if you understand what I mean.

The same goes with all forms of alcoholic, high caffeine, high sugar, and any other drinks that may impair students natural attention span will be forbidden in the same manner as above. I do have a few specially trained Personal Dragons to sniff out such items. They may enter any room in this Castle except Staff Suites and Staff Lounge. They will take all forbidden items by telekinesis.

Next are the basic rules for ALL STAFF AND STUDENTS.

1) Keep yourself neat and tidy.
2) Keep your rooms neat and tidy. Both of these rules pertain to professionalism.
3) Respect each other and yourself.
4) No dissing, put downs or negative thoughts or speech.
5) No fighting is allowed at all. You may be grounded and have your privileges revoked.
6) Try to include as many other students as you can into your daily activities.
7) All students are required to be in class on and prepared to learn. That includes having your wand and PLTs as well as being able to demonstrate your homework or class work.
8) Pets are not always allowed in all classes. If they are not allowed, they are to be in your room.
9) Obey the curfew. No ifs, ands or buts about this. You may be grounded and have your privileges revoked.
10) Ask questions and learn from other student’s mistakes. There are more than enough to go around!
11) If you act like a child, you will be put on a demerit/merit system until you can prove yourself to be professional magic user. You may be grounded and have your privileges revoked.
12) Do your own work and do not try to cheat. The end of the semester you will go through a testing chamber by yourself.
13) Remember the golden rule:
14) Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
15) I will make more rules as I see the need.

Do you have any questions so far, Ezio?" Lady Violetta asked.

Nurse? Lady Violetta was going to make the nurse sit through orientation? Ezio could understand making the teachers go through orientation, but the nurse? He imagined that things would be governed very tightly around here, and because of this there would barely be any need for a nurse. Why would the nurse need a lecture, when the most that the nurse would be doing is handing out band aids?

The average person could see why a lecture would have been important, even for someone who would be 'barely' needed. Having staff all on the same page was a huge part of having structure, which was mostly a foreign concept to the arrogant teacher. His philosophy was to just do what you want, and if he was to adjust to the accepted social standard around here he had a lot of growing to do. Working here at the academy was a much of an exercise in socialization for him as it was for any student.

He huffed, but otherwise kept quiet as the Headmistress clearly laid out the rules. His eyebrows rose over the frame of his glasses in amusement when he heard the phrase "role models". Surely, this woman was not serious. He stayed silent still, taking in what Lady Violetta had to say. This academy had a chokehold on everything from areas to smoke to where to carry soda pop. Again, going back to his lack of understanding structure, this place just sounded like a boot camp to him. Ironically, that was exactly what he needed, he just didn't know it yet.

Ezio simply stared at the headmistress when she finished, running his slender fingers up and down the glass of still untouched hangover reliever. With a devilish smirk, he did ask a question : "Here's a question for you, where am I going to go when I get the boot?" After hearing the rules, he had already decided that he most likely was not going to last here. He chuckled at his own cleverness, and finally got around to acknowledging what was said in the proper manner. "But no seriously, no questions from me. I've got it."

After sniffing the glass of whatever it was that Lady Violetta had mixed, he drank it straight down. His head throbbed again as he gagged on the taste. It burned his throat going down. "This burns more the cheap booze!" He coughed as he spoke, and his handsome face contorted into something strange in reaction to the burning and acidic taste. The glass made a hard 'clink' as it was brought down on the table again and the teacher tried to compose himself.

Lady Violetta raised one eye brow in disbelief.
"Really? On both accounts. I doubt that you don't have any questions and I do have more vile potions than that one.
Let's get you presentable because the students may arrive at any time now. Hmmm....."

Lady Violetta took her wand out of her wand sleeve of her Equipment Belt and swished it several times. She now had a bit of magic swirling around Ezio's body. She then sat down with the wand in her hand. Slowly she nodded her approval.

"Now let's get to the Lessons and Equipment. You will be creating your own lessons but I have some guidelines for you to read.
If you haven't noticed, this world is full of Magic. You will be teaching Draconic Arts plus some Independent Study Classes.
Now do you have any questions for me?" Lady Violetta grinned mischievously.

Anxiety gripped Ash as the cold, sharp needle pressed against his skin. Ash had never much liked the needle. He preferred something he could smoke or maybe a good coke line. Not something that reminded him of going to the doctor's office as a kid. Regardless, to an addict it was worth the high. He shivered as he felt the needle break the skin. This was always the hardest part, his hands would began to shake and sweat. Nervousness swelled at the pit of the teenager's stomach. He pushed down on the plunger.

Relief spread through his body, spread by a vein in his arm. The heroin traveled through his blood stream sending an intense feeling of euphoria to his brain. A feeling he would share with everyone around him. A grin grew on Ash's face as he pulled the syringe from his arm and let it drop on the bathroom floor. He really needed to stay away from this stuff. He couldn't afford to add herion to his list of recreational drugs with his current financial situation. This was Ash's third time using something that required a needle. Every time he told himself it would also be his last. Maybe this time it would be true.

Ash went through his normal process of hiding the drug use. Hide the needle, wrap the wound, hide the make shift bandage with his long sleeve shirt, etc, etc. He then stood and made his way out of the bathroom.

Ashley was at an art gallery for a showing with a girl he'd met a couple of weeks ago. This was a fairly common experience for him. People would immediately like him, quickly grow attached and then he'd disappear before their feelings could get hurt. He constantly felt like the hero of an RPG, where everyone else was NPCs whose sole purpose in existence was to make his life more interesting. Truth be told he hated that. Of course part of him enjoyed the power but for the most part it just felt unfair. Those NPCs should be able to have lives and stories separate from him. If he wasn't so afraid of being alone he likely would have isolated himself a long time ago.

Stepping on to the showcase floor was brilliant, made even more so by the effect of the drugs. Ash decided to not meet up with the girl just yet. She needed time to interact with potential clients, those people would be a far more important part of her life than Ash would be. The teen skimmed the paintings along the one of the walls. Some were amazing depictions of battles and landscapes. Some were perfectly abstract representations of emotions that drew you in. Others looked like a child had thrown paint at a canvas and was now trying to sell it for 120 quid. These ones always made Ash chuckle. He knew, chances were, someone was gonna buy that piece of crap.

There was one painting in particular that caught Ash's attention through. Truth be told it wasn't that impressive in comparison to the work around it, though definitely better that your average person's work. It was a rendering of a what looked like an academy floating within the clouds. "Pink, yellow and blue? What an ugly choice of color scheme." Truth be told, Ash had no idea what it was that fascinated him about this painting so much. He looked around for an artist's name only to find it had been anonymously added to the showcase. While searching he found an engraved plate attached to the frame, covered it dust. "Why didn't they dust this before showing it?" Everything about this painting was suspicious. The teen quickly glanced around to make sure no one was watching him then roughly blew the dust off of the plate to reveal the word written.

Welcome to Caldwell's Academy of Magical Talents and Draconic Arts. Please touch to enter.

Ash raised an eyebrow. What an odd engraving. Nonetheless, the drugs having beat away the better part of his self control, Ash reached forward and placed his hand on the painting.

He was immediately met with a falling sensation, a sensation that he would describe as "awesome!" Ash had gone parachuting once and loved the experience. This felt very similar. Nonetheless, about a second later fear gripped him as he realized he didn't have any landing gear. Then he felt the earth catch him. Catch was definitely the right word. It was as it the ground had reach up and gently put him down on a solid surface. As he lay in the grass he swiveled his head around to look at his surroundings. Only one thought was in his mind.

"What the hell am I tripping on?"

Suddenly the mischievous smile left Lady Violetta's face and spoke in irritation.

"Damnation! Excuse me expletive but we have our first student on the Fall. Please follow me with your best manners intact." she commanded.

Lady Violetta stood up, took one look in the mirror, a swish and she was satisfied with her looks. She placed the wand in it's sleeve and put her cape on before heading out the office. She literally glided through the hallway to the front door.

"Student on the Fall, Lady Violetta." Hall Clock chimed.
"Thank you, Hall Clock." she replied as the Grand Doors swung wide open for Lady Violetta.

"Welcome to Caldwell's Academy of Magical Talents and Draconic Arts. I am Lady Violetta and I am your Headmistress. Now are you hurt in any way?" she spoke literally warmly. (she projected a bit of extra heat towards the new student is what that means)

Scanning his surroundings from his laying position Ash noticed a building that looked an awful lot like the academy in the picture. He blinked a couple of times before closing his eyes and returning his head to the ground. He tried to remember if he had taken any hallucinogenics. Nope. At least not today. This was all a little too weird. He figured he could just lay here and try to sleep off the high.

The footsteps were rushed, seemingly almost panicked. Ash could hear it all, the opening of the buildings door, the approach of someone. He kept his eyes closed. No reason to freak out.

"Welcome to Caldwell's Academy of Magical Talents and Draconic Arts. I am Lady Violetta and I am your Headmistress. Now are you hurt in any way?"

The words brought with them a warmth, similar to the feeling one gets after a glass of whiskey. "Welcome to Caldwell's Academy of Magical Talents and Dragonic Arts? That was the same thing the picture said wasn't it? Ash took a deep breath before separating his eyelids and revealing his dark green irises. He sat up and shook out his auburn hair, it's length just long enough to cover his ears. In front of him was an authoritative looking women wearing a cape. She reminded Ash of a magically charged supervillian. He let slip a chuckle before responding to her question.

"Not physically. Though I can pretend to be if you'll kiss it better." He gave the lady a wink and his aura sent out a touch of lust. It was weird, he normally couldn't feel the emotions of hallucinations but this Violetta was radiating irritation. There was no way this could be real though.

Lady Violetta push the feeling of lust away and frowned at the young man in front of her.

"Do not approach me with that emotion again, young man." she began sternly.
"Now stand up and introduce yourself properly. I am beginning to think that there is no longer any Earthlings that have any common courtesy, sense or modesty. If you are to become a good Magic User or good Dragon Rider or Explorer on this new world, you will need to show more respect not only to myself but to all staff and all fellow students."

She looked critically at the young man and wondered what kind of a life style that he came from. She then crossed her arms as she watched him and her foot began tapping impatiently.

Ash stood, a smirk resting on his face as this hallucination chided him for a lack of modesty. "C'mon, admit it, you could use a good la-" He stopped himself as his libido suddenly dropped and the sense of frustration from the headmaster rose. The realization hit him a lot harder than any drug could have. "You're real."

Nervousness and confusion filled his aura and project outwards. Shaking his head the young man began apologizing profusely. "I am so so sorry. That was an incredibly inappropriate comment." While Ash wasn't the most respectful person in the world he did usually know his social graces. A rush of questions filled his mind. Where was he? How'd he get there? Was his surroundings real. How was this lady able to circumvent his ability? Did she know what his ability was?

As the questions filled his mind he accidentally blurted one out without thinking. "Are you really wearing a cape?" He frowned. He hadn't meant for the question to sound as rude as it had, he had just wanted to know if he was really seeing the cape.

Clearing his throat and putting on an award winning smile Ash regained his composure and introduced himself. "Name's Calder. Or Ash. Either way. And I have no clue what's going on."

Ezio had plenty of fairly legitimate questions, but he wouldn't risk 'losing' by asking any of them. Besides, now there was something more important at hand than this little mental tussle of theirs anyway. When Lady Violetta had used magic to make the teacher more presentable, she had made an error that Ezio could not shake himself from.

His green eyes blinked as the magic swirled around him and changed his clothes. The black silk suit that he had been wearing had been replaced with the 'ugly cousin' of clothing materials- cotton. His new suit was very similar to the other one, but it was fucking cotton. "Nobody but socioeconomic rejects wear cotton!" Ezio immediately removed the jacket of the suit and tossed it onto the chain next to him, upon realizing what he was wearing.

The pants and dress shirt were cotton too! Ezio's snobbishness would not allow for him to remain in such an ugly, common fabric for much longer. He looked up at Lady Violetta when she swore and instructed him to follow her, but he shook his head. "No way, woman, I've gotta go change!" Who really cared about the student when he had cotton scratching his skin with its unrefined texture?

Both teachers entered the hallway at the same time, but they went to different places. Ezio disobeyed Lady Violetta's wishes, and headed straight to his own room to change. He had passed out in an empty student room last night, but now he was in the correct place. Frantically, he all but ripped the closet door off of its hinges and grabbed the first suit that he could get his hands on.

Lady Violetta nodded as she frowned at Ash.
"Do you remember seeing a picture of this Castle with a silver plate that says 'Welcome to Caldwell's Academy of Magical Talents and Draconic Arts. Please touch to enter.'? And did you happen to touch it or bump into it by chance?"

Her mind wandered to Ezio and his comment about cotton clothing. She could change all of his clothing to cotton with a simple spell and she did not have any luxurious fabric clothing in the General Store. Silk is not appropriate for classroom work- particularly when he will be working with creatures. That man had a lot of things to learn yet. Yes, a lot to learn....... Maybe it will be more fun to let him suffer when one of the creatures happen make a mess on his fancy smancy clothes. After all he will be getting a dragon egg to raise.....

That brought smile to her face.........

The teen glanced around a minute before giving a slight nod to confirm the woman's suspicions. The nervousness melted away leaving behind only confusion. Confusion was good. Confusion meant adventure. He walked forward, bypassing Violetta and heading towards with the academy at a relaxed pace.

He was sure his pushy mannerism would soon grate on the Headmistress' nerve. A large part of him was looking forward to pissing off teacher's again. There was a bit of worry that sat in his gut though. Staying in a place like this, that meant being surrounded by a lot of people. A lot of people he could potentially hurt.

"So magic portal I'm guessing?" He spoke as if this was an everyday occurrence. It honestly wasn't that far off from his average shroom vacation. "And you guys just kidnap random people from and drag them here where they are forced to learn magic?" Excitement began building in Ash's chest. This was like finding a new drug to experiment with. He around suddenly to once again face Violetta. "Sounds fun. When do we start?"

"Your are right about the portal. Well you were warned by the label on the painting. And if it was dusty, it is not my fault. If someone was to use a feather duster which is an inanimate object, the picture would not sense an active Magical Core. But since you are here, you have a magical core, you might as well learn how to use your Magical Abilities.

There is one other teacher but he is busy at the moment. Rest of the staff rarely show themselves. They are the kitchen staff and Castle Housekeepers.
Let us go over towards the Porch. There we can chat a bit while we wait for more students. Tell me about yourself, please." Lady Violetta spoke encouragingly.

Ash rolled his eyes. "You should probably come up with a safer recruitment system. You got magic. How hard would it be to put an anti-dust charm on those paintings?" Confidence and excitement pulse out around him, his arrogant and adventurous spirit being shared with anybody nearby. Enthusiastically he made with way towards the porch with the headmistress.

Rather blatantly Ash took out a small packet with white powder, poured a tiny amount into his hand and then proceeded to suck it in through his nostril. The powder burned a bit and left him feeling like he needed to sneeze but it also served to calm his nerves and weaken the emotional aura surrounding him. Ash used his index finger to wipe away any residual powder on his nose before again addressing Violetta.

"What do you want to know? I'm not a very interesting person Vie." The casual shortening of the headmistress' name was intended to aggravate the tightly wound woman. Ash had decided his first task as a student of Caldwell's Academy of Magical Talents and Dragonic Arts was to get a good, honest rise out of his new headmistress.

Anique stood up and switched off the alarm clock. She looked around and found a note from her mother stating " Get your own food by working. No food today". She sighed and went to bathroom. After taking the shower and dressing herself, she looked herself in the mirror. " The same old clothes and nothing new ... Why am I living?". She found nothing and stepped outside her home. Walking on the road, she looked at the other kids who passed by her laughing, ridiculing and enjoying.
She was crying within .
But it's the life as it is. Reaching the school late again with empty stomach, she could not think of any excuse to avoid detention. " Oh great". But lucky for her, the school had organised a museum trip . She was kinda happy since she never saw anything like it. A bus ferried all the students to the museum. A teacher was in charge of all the students.She went down from the bus and saw the big building. Stunned by the strange appearance, something motivated her to leave out her peers and walk straight inside. Like she was lost in something. Mesmerized by the artefacts and the beauty of the museum, her attention rose to a strange painting. "Welcome to Caldwell's Academy of Magical
Talents and Draconic Arts. Please touch to
enter.". Repeating those words as she read, she hesitantly touched the painting unconsciously.
Something happened...

She felt she was sucked in by some strong force. All went white and cloudy.She felt like she was dreaming.She slowly opened her eyes and found herself on the soft spongy grass. It was really strange. And the same building which she saw in the painting stood before her. " Where am I? What is this place?". She could not believe where she was. " Ah Teacher....Robert, Danny..".She called names of her peers but no one was there.

Ezio slammed the door of his closet shut after grabbing a dark grey silk suit and white dress shirt. It was not his favorite outfit ever, but anything was better than cotton. The vibration of the closet door hitting its stationary place caused a few of the pin up posters on his wall to float in the air side-to-side before landing gently on the floor. The posters were held up on the boring white walls with tape, and most of the images were innocuous enough, the average model smiling and posing in skimpy swimwear and undergarments.

The teacher fumbled around and practically ripped the crappy cotton suit off of his body. He hit the side of his armoire with the side of his body. "Shit!" He yelled as he wriggled out of the cotton pants. Awkwardly, he held his foot up one at a time and took off the socks white cotton. White cotton socks, in Ezio's opinion were too cheap and ugly to be worn with anything. "No fuckin' excuse for these crimes against footwear!" With the cotton dress shirt also tossed aside, he dressed himself in 'proper' clothes.

Socks pulled out of the armoire, black cashmere. Dark grey suit pants and jacket made of fine, pliable silk. White silk dress shirt. This was how one was supposed to dress. He slipped his black dresshoes back on, and sighed heavily in relief. He didn't bother with a tie, ties were for important events where one wanted to look 'impressive'. Spending all day surrounded by horny little brats was NOT a tie-worthy event.

His pack of cigarettes had disappeared with the black suit that he had originally been wearing, but his entire bottom drawer of his armoire was dedicated to 'cig storage'. Little smack sounds were subconsciously made by his mouth as he anticipated the taste of menthol. Ezio's brand of choice was Eve, specifically, Eve Light 120.

Nicotine and booze were his vices, and boy did they grip him something fierce. Ezio opened a pack of cigarettes and shoved one of the flower-printed cigarettes in his mouth before brining a shaky hand up to the cigarette's tip to light it. Fire was only good for lighting cigarettes and cooking.

For the next hour or so, his nicotine fix was sated. He tucked box of cigarettes in his dress shirt pocket, before exiting his room. What should he do now? Perhaps try to find Violetta? Nah, he was low on brandy. Sarcastically, he remarked: "Can't be low on booze! Lady will understand."

He reached into his shirt pocket to enjoy another cigarette before headed to the shops. He exited the school, and lit another Eve Light 120 as soon as he reached the outdoors. Standing on the porch of the school's entrance, he smugly puffed his fashionable cancer.

Lady Violetta turned to Ash with a frown upon seeing him sniff what was most likely cocaine. A small dark blue dragon came flying up to Ash and flapped it's wings quite hard. Any kind of drugs were blown away but the dragon still hung around Ash but making sure that it was out of Ashe's arm reach.

"Please say hi to Blizzard. He is one of the Castle's sniffing dragons. He sniffs out drugs and tobacco quite well then teleports them away. There will be no Mind Altering items on this Planet. It hurts the brain's creativity by killing the brain cells.

I painted the painting but I did not magically enhance it. The Creator did the Magic Enhancement to the paintings.
Also do not shorten my name which is Lady Violetta. If you do so again, you will have a demerit given to you. Then each time the demerits will double for that offence. I do hope that you understand very quickly for doubling tends to get to be very expensive and you will begin to lose privileges." Lady Violetta spoke firmly yet there was a definite frostiness about her that cold literally be felt.

Another student landed on the Fall and was confused. Lady Violetta smiled as she looked to her. She glanced back at Ash.
"Think on what I have just told you. Excuse me for I must greet another student.

Welcome to Caldwell's Academy of Magical Talents and Draconic Arts. My name is Lady Violetta. I will be your Head Mistress here. May I have your name and tell me if you are hurt anywhere, please." Lady Violetta spoke as she walked out to the new girl.

Suddenly a bright red dragon flew up to Ezio and began to spray him with water. A bright blue one flew up on the other side and began to spray water on Ezio as well.
Lady VIoletta sighed with aggravation. then spoke

"Really now, Ezio. You are as bad as the students. And I did warn you before coming out to meet the students. So I feel that this is totally your own fault that you have ruin that fancy suit. I also spoke to you about proper clothing by Magically giving you a new appropriate suit. When we go to the Village, you may choose any of the cotton suits there. Use your good silk, cashmere and fancy things when it is appropriate or you will have all of your suites ruined before we head back to Earth. Now let's see if you have enough ability to try to be a good role model. I just wish that you had been at this morning's Staff Orientation." Lady VIoletta scolded the man with a serious frown on her face and her hands on hips.

"Students, this is Ezio who is suppose to be a teacher but I rather doubt that he will survive the first semester." was her final comment.

Smoke filled the teacher's lungs with every little breath of rolled tobacco. The blood vessels in his body constricted upon receiving the lethal concoction that made the cigarette's recipe, resulting in that little lightheaded, pleasurable feeling that made smoking so wonderfully popular. At the most, Ezio could have gone an hour or so without a cigarette before that vaguely powerful compulsion that was addiction drew his fingers back to the carton. However, why not have a little smoke before heading out to town? Not much to do around the academy anyway, there wasn't any rush.

Ezio would never allow himself to admit that his smoking was an addiction. He was too 'strong-willed' for that. Smoking was something that he liked to do along with the consumption of alcohol, nothing more, nothing less. The underlying issues that fed his need to 'escape' with those bad habits were swept under the rug. Ask him about why he did those things and he'd just say that it was what he liked. He even responded this way to Lady Violetta earlier. Ezio was 'fine' and 'doing' what he liked. He refused to believe anything else.

What he did not like was dragons. Dragons were "Comtemptable lizard-dogs!” which is what he yelled at the two dragons that had soaked his new change of clothes and what's worse, put out his cigarette. To add insult to injury, Lady Violetta had once again taken it upon herself to chide him like a fidgeting choir boy. "Hah!" His eyebrows were raised in both anger and amusement- "Regardless of the situation, fuck cotton. I'll sooner beat a lame man with his own crutches, than suffer the irritation of the poor man's fabric."

There were students nearby, but he didn't care. Be a good role model? It didn't matter. Little shits do what they want no matter what they have demonstrated to them. He glared at the youngsters with a sort or apathetic judgement. It was an outward body-language signal that was intended to read: 'fuck you, kids.' His discontent wasn't really their fault. Ash and Anique had nothing to do with him getting drenched, but when Ezio was less-than-happy, he took it out on anyone.

"Indeed, I am Ezio, but to the sprogs, I will be addressed as Mr. Nicastro. I would say that I am pleased to make your acquaintance, but I have been caught at a bad time." 'Sprogs' being the demeaning term for the students in reference to their young age. His unofficial introduction to the students was dripping in spiteful sarcasm, he really was not looking forward to having to deal with them or ANY student for that matter. He cut both students with narrowed green eyes that showed his unfair contempt for these strangers. He wanted to be left alone.

He brought his hands up to fix his shirt collar, a futile action as it was droopy and wet and was no longer stiff. "Are we done here? I'd like to go change for the second time." Asking whether or not he was finished with meeting the students was a formality. He was going to just leave and change clothes whether they were finished here or not.

"Never mind leaving us, Ezio. I can dry your clothing very easily." upon which Lad Violetta took out her wand then swished it twice then pointed at Ezio.
"Please apologize to the castle dragons and to the students or you will be unable to speak for a while."

Meanwhile back on Earth in a rundown orphanage in a poor area, was a young girl who was allowed a trip through the dusty for it was her only wish for her 15th birthday. A maid was sent with her to keep an eye on what she took because the headmistress was not feeling well. And if the headmistress was there the following events would not have happened.

Roisin walked into the attic eagerly with the maid who just wanted to rest while Roisin poked about.
"Now choose a satchel that suits you and fill it with goodies. What ever goodies you can fit into the satchel, you may keep. I am going to sit here and wait. But you have only an hour to look at things." the maid spoke as she sat down.

"Yes m'am. Thank you....." Roisin spoke as she went over to look at the various satchels. Some were way too big for she would not be able to carry it to her new room which she would have all to herself. A special privilege that the head mistress granted her for her birthday in addition to her trip to the attic. A medium size satchel that was a dull grey was what Roisin chose.

As Roisin wandered through the attic, she opened trunks and move the trunks about but put them back in their place. She thought that something was calling her. She followed the faint voice but tucked away a few things as well. She found a small trunk with a porcelain doll inside as well as a few clothes which surprisingly fit in the satchel. Another small trunk of clothes that would fit was tucked inside and so was a tiny tea set in a wooden box. She moved on for there was not another toy that attracted her interest.

In the clothes area she only found a cloak which she put on and fastened with a broach that had a scene. A rainbow that ended in shamrocks and a pot of gold was at the end of rainbow. She moves on to where there were a few paintings. Perhaps there would be a nice painting for her new room......

Roisin looked through stack after stack of old paintings and feeling more excited by the minute when the maid called out to her

"Where are you? It is time to go...."

"Just a few more minutes, please. I am looking at the paintings and I am almost done." Roisin called back.
As Roisin found a painting of a castle in the clouds, the maid came upon her

"Come on now or both of us will get trouble......" the maid eyes grew wide open and then ran off for at that exact moment, Roisin touched the castle painting which pulled her inside, satchel and all!

As Roisin fell, she felt giddy and spoke out loud
"This is just like Alice in Wonderland! I wonder if Iam awake or asleep..... OUCH! Damntion! I must have slid through the whole world and...... into a new one?" she spoke as she looked about herself.

The air seemed cleaner and the sky brighter. She turned her head too see a large castle or rather the castle in the picture! There was a small group of people on the porch of the castle as well. SHe held tight to the handle of the satchel and stared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom