Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

After School Study Session (Eldrithe and RobBase086)

Eldrithe Whisperwind

Super-Earth
Getting ready in the morning was always an easy affair. Lacy Holland was quick when it came to showering and basic cleaning; she didn’t like wasting time in the morning. Lacy isn’t an extravagant woman, she doesn’t own name brand or sexy clothes; something you would expect a twenty-six year-old to wear. Instead, she wore baggy and practical, something her grandmother would make or adorn. Dried off, she quickly sifted through her small closet and picked out a long denim skirt and a white long-sleeve turtleneck blouse, paired with simple gray flats. Brushing her frizzy auburn hair and pulling it into a sloppy ponytail, she grabbed her cheap $10 purse and papers and headed out. She wanted to get to work early to double check the tests her students took the day before.

The drive to Fields County High School was simple. Lacy didn’t have to fight morning traffic like most of the City’s population would have to endure, Since she had left so early. Pulling into her parking spot in the empty parking lot, she grabbed her papers and walked towards the building. “Hello Miss. Holland. How are you this morning?” Inquired the janitor as he was sweeping orange and red colored leaves off of the sidewalk.

“Good morning to you too Mr. Hainsly. I’m doing swell, thank you for asking.” She replies with a smile as she reaches out for the door handle. “How are you?”

“I’m good, I’m good. This weekend my grandbabies are flying in to see me. It’s been a year since I have seen them.” He says with a beaming smile, the wrinkles around his eyes creasing into crow’s feet.

“That’s fantastic. Tell your wife I said hello. And give my best to your kids and grandkids. I better get inside; I have papers that need grading. I’ll see you later Mr. Hainsly.” She said as she opened the school doors and headed inside.

“Oh, I will Miss. Holland.” He said as he waved her off.

Inside of her classroom, room 204, she sat down in her leather chair and scanned through the chemistry tests for a second time. All the grades she had given the first time were correct. Not like she would mess up the first time around, but it didn’t hurt to double check just incase. Twenty minutes till 8am, children started shuffling into the classroom. Lacy smiled as the students grouped up around their friends and discussed about random things that were happening in their lives. Once the bell rang, she stood up from her chair and wound her way to the front of the classroom to the dry erase board. “All right children, please sit down in your chairs. Class has started. Today we are going to learn about chemical reactions.”

Eldrithe Whisperwind said:
Getting ready in the morning was always an easy affair. Lacy Holland was quick when it came to showering and basic cleaning; she didn’t like wasting time in the morning. Lacy isn’t an extravagant woman, she doesn’t own name brand or sexy clothes; something you would expect a twenty-six year-old to wear. Instead, she wore baggy and practical, something her grandmother would make or adorn. Dried off, she quickly sifted through her small closet and picked out a long denim skirt and a white long-sleeve turtleneck blouse, paired with simple gray flats. Brushing her frizzy auburn hair and pulling it into a sloppy ponytail, she grabbed her cheap $10 purse and papers and headed out. She wanted to get to work early to double check the tests her students took the day before.

The drive to Fields County High School was simple. Lacy didn’t have to fight morning traffic like most of the City’s population would have to endure, Since she had left so early. Pulling into her parking spot in the empty parking lot, she grabbed her papers and walked towards the building. “Hello Miss. Holland. How are you this morning?” Inquired the janitor as he was sweeping orange and red collared leaves off of the sidewalk.

“Good morning to you too Mr. Hainsly. I’m doing swell, thank you for asking.” She replies with a smile as she reaches out for the door handle. “How are you?”

“I’m good, I’m good. This weekend my grandbabies are flying in to see me. It’s been a year since I have seen them.” He says with a beaming smile, the wrinkles around his eyes creasing into crow’s feet.

“That’s fantastic. Tell your wife I said hello. And give my best to your kids and grandkids. I better get inside; I have papers that need grading. I’ll see you later Mr. Hainsly.” She said as she opened the school doors and headed inside.

“Oh, I will Miss. Holland.” He said as he waved her off.

Inside of her classroom, room 204, she sat down in her leather chair and scanned through the chemistry tests for a second time. All the grades she had given the first time were correct. Not like she would mess up the first time around, but it didn’t hurt to double check just incase. Twenty minutes till 8am, children started shuffling into the classroom. Lacy smiled as the students grouped up around their friends and discussed about random things that were happening in their lives. Once the bell rang, she stood up from her chair and wound her way to the front of the classroom to the dry erase board. “All right children, please sit down in your chairs. Class has started. Today we are going to learn about chemical reactions.”

Bill a tall slender kid with short black hair, brown eyes, and glasses came into the classroom as he usually did. He had a crush on Ms. Holland ever since he started there as a freshman in high school 3 years ago. He just enhaled and smiled fantasizing about how beautiful she was. He was the straight A student in his Senior class. Bill was just 17 1/2 years old and ready to turn 18 before Christmas break. Bill was no athelete who could do sports, but he was a bright student who was very smart. He sat up front with the smart kids while Drake Stephens and all of the popular kids sat in the back with the cheerleaders. Drake had placed his leg out on purpose to trip Bill up. Bill did trip and fall to his hands while his books and papers flew every where in front of him. "Hey watch your step Billy! You are very clumsy!" Drake said to him laughing about it. Bill got up cleaning and dusting himself off as class was starting up.

"Ms. Holland shall I come today after school to do a little work with you in the lab?" He asked smiling at her. Willing to help her out in anything that he could do. He loved being around her and felt that he could learn a lot from her when she spoke to him about formulas and theories. The bell rung and Bill hurried to his seat so he would not miss anything that Ms. Holland was teaching the class.

A frown etched across Lacy’s face as she turned around in time to witness, her student, Bill tumbling to the floor. “Drake, you better apologize right this instant!” she scolded. He just looked at her and gave a cocky smile. This angered her. “Drake, if you put as much effort into school that you do into torturing your classmates, you would be excelling. Do your parents know your failing chemistry?” She snapped, crossing her arms. A chorus of laughter and “Ooooo BURN.” echoed around the filled classroom.

Switching her attention to Bill, she walked up to his table. “Are you alright young man?” she asked, her face softened with concern. If Drake hurt him, she would have a serious talk with the principal and the failing jock’s parents. Lacy smiled at Bill’s question. “I would be delighted to have you in the lab after school. If there’s anything special you want to do, let me know.” she tapped his desk with her right hand. “Just make sure to let your parents know I will be keeping you.”

“Alright!” She hollered while walking up to the dry erase board, her brown hair flinging across her shoulder. “Now that everyone is settled down. Like I have said already, today’s lesson will be about chemical reactions.” Exasperated moans of detest from the students could be heard. “Don’t be like that. Chemical reactions are not that difficult. First off, what is a chemical reaction? A chemical reaction is the change of a substance into a new one that has a different chemical identity.” With a black dry erase marker, she writes everything down on the white board. “You all better be writing this down. There may or may not be a quiz on this later.”

For the next half hour, Lacy talks about the different types of reactions. “A Single-Replacement Reaction can be represented by the following equation…” The end of class bell rings “Oh, is it that time already?” she asks, disappointed that she wasn’t able to finish. Sounds of screeching chairs and chattering students envelope the room. “Ok class, tomorrow we will finish talking about the single-replacement reactions!” she yells above the noise. “Oh, and Bill. I’ll see you later!” she hollers while waving at him, a warm smile spread across her heart shaped face.

A frown etched across Lacy’s face as she turned around in time to witness, her student, Bill tumbling to the floor. “Drake, you better apologize right this instant!” she scolded. He just looked at her and gave a cocky smile. This angered her. “Drake, if you put as much effort into school that you do into torturing your classmates, you would be excelling. Do your parents know your failing chemistry?” She snapped, crossing her arms. A chorus of laughter and “Ooooo BURN.” echoed around the filled classroom.

Switching her attention to Bill, she walked up to his table. “Are you alright young man?” she asked, her face softened with concern. If Drake hurt him, she would have a serious talk with the principal and the failing jock’s parents. Lacy smiled at Bill’s question. “I would be delighted to have you in the lab after school. If there’s anything special you want to do, let me know.” she tapped his desk with her right hand. “Just make sure to let your parents know I will be keeping you.”

“Alright!” She hollered while walking up to the dry erase board, her brown hair flinging across her shoulder. “Now that everyone is settled down. Like I have said already, today’s lesson will be about chemical reactions.” Exasperated moans of detest from the students could be heard. “Don’t be like that. Chemical reactions are not that difficult. First off, what is a chemical reaction? A chemical reaction is the change of a substance into a new one that has a different chemical identity.” With a black dry erase marker, she writes everything down on the white board. “You all better be writing this down. There may or may not be a quiz on this later.”

For the next half hour, Lacy talks about the different types of reactions. “A Single-Replacement Reaction can be represented by the following equation…” The end of class bell rings “Oh, is it that time already?” she asks, disappointed that she wasn’t able to finish. Sounds of screeching chairs and chattering students envelope the room. “Ok class, tomorrow we will finish talking about the single-replacement reactions!” she yells above the noise. “Oh, and Bill. I’ll see you later!” she hollers while waving at him, a warm smile spread across her heart shaped face.

Drake listend to her and did have that smile on his face that she hated to see from him and then responded back, "Of course my parents do not know that I am failing your class. My parents have money and I know that I will do well in this class." He said with a cocky attitude. Bill smiled when his favorite teacher was concerned about him. "Yes I am fine and that is great that you would like for me to come in after school to work with you. I cannot wait!" He said with excitement as Bill was the only student paying attention to his chemistry teacher.

The sound of him typing away at his lab top with every word she was discussing about a chemical reaction and all. The rest of the class were bored out of their minds as she spoke about chemistry. There were a few students who were listening along with Bill as she spoke. The popular kids began to run off into different directions as they headed to the next classroom for the next class. Bill was gathering his things all together. "I will see you after school today for our project." He said smiling walking out of the room.

Bill returned later once school was over with to find the lab set up for him and the chemistry teacher to begin their work. "I am ready to do some work. What are we that we shall be working on today?" He asked Lacey in excitement about the project. Bill did not know what to expect because he would be making sure he could soak in as much as he could from the project.

Sitting at her desk, Lacy delicately typed up and organized tomorrow’s homework sheets. With a smile, she taps the stack of papers on the wooden surface. “All ready. Now, where is Bill?” The last bell for the day had already rung, so he should be here soon. Bill was a sweet kid. There weren’t many kids interested in what she had to teach, but he always seemed eager to learn from her. That made her happy. As a teacher, Lacy felt like she had done her job if she could get at least one student to appreciate chemistry, to learn something new.

Five minutes flew by and the young man had finally shows up. “Well hello there. Good of you to show up.” She says while pushing herself up out of her chair. “Now, today is going to be a special occasion. Bill, you have been excelling in my class and you always seem eager to know more. So I have a surprise for you.” She heads over to the large front table that’s covered with meticulously placed lab equipment. “Now I understand that we weren’t supposed to mess with the lab equipment for a couple of more weeks. But I felt like you are ready to get a head start on the rest of the class.” She explains.

Heading over to a locked wooden cabinet, Lacy withdrew a small metal key from her pocket. With a pause, she turned towards Bill. “While I get the chemicals out, I need you get put on an apron and goggles. Safety first.” She giggled with excitement. Finally, a student that she felt was worth teaching. Focusing back on the cabinet, she unlocked the bolt and proceeded to extract the desired chemicals. But there was one that she couldn’t find. “Where is the sodium carbonate?” she whispers while sifting through the bottles. In the back, there’s an unmarked bottle filled with a clear liquid. “This must be it. I wonder what happened to the label.” She says with a shrug. Placing the chemicals on the table, she puts on a pair of goggles and an apron. “Alright. Today, you’re going to learn first hand how chemical reactions work. Won’t this be exciting?”

Sitting at her desk, Lacy delicately typed up and organized tomorrow’s homework sheets. With a smile, she taps the stack of papers on the wooden surface. “All ready. Now, where is Bill?” The last bell for the day had already rung, so he should be here soon. Bill was a sweet kid. There weren’t many kids interested in what she had to teach, but he always seemed eager to learn from her. That made her happy. As a teacher, Lacy felt like she had done her job if she could get at least one student to appreciate chemistry, to learn something new.

Five minutes flew by and the young man had finally shows up. “Well hello there. Good of you to show up.” She says while pushing herself up out of her chair. “Now, today is going to be a special occasion. Bill, you have been excelling in my class and you always seem eager to know more. So I have a surprise for you.” She heads over to the large front table that’s covered with meticulously placed lab equipment. “Now I understand that we weren’t supposed to mess with the lab equipment for a couple of more weeks. But I felt like you are ready to get a head start on the rest of the class.” She explains.

Heading over to a locked wooden cabinet, Lacy withdrew a small metal key from her pocket. With a pause, she turned towards Bill. “While I get the chemicals out, I need you get put on an apron and goggles. Safety first.” She giggled with excitement. Finally, a student that she felt was worth teaching. Focusing back on the cabinet, she unlocked the bolt and proceeded to extract the desired chemicals. But there was one that she couldn’t find. “Where is the sodium carbonate?” she whispers while sifting through the bottles. In the back, there’s an unmarked bottle filled with a clear liquid. “This must be it. I wonder what happened to the label.” She says with a shrug. Placing the chemicals on the table, she puts on a pair of goggles and an apron. “Alright. Today, you’re going to learn first hand how chemical reactions work. Won’t this be exciting?”

Bill was just walking in when he heard the teacher that he had a crush on greted him as he came into the lab. "Well hello! I am so excited to be here! When can we get started?" He was excited and it showed. "Oh WOW! This is so awesome! Thank you so much for helping me to grow and learn! I will definitely put on the protective gear for the lab here." He assured her as he placed the gloves, eye ware, and lab coat. He watched as the his chemistry teacher remove what they will be using from the closet that was locked up and secured. "Yes this is extremely exciting! Oh! Chemical reCtions huh? This will be quite fun!" He said to her.

Bill waited so patiently while she set up everything and assisted her. "What will be the first thing we will do?" He asked her being curious to what they would be working on. Bill knew that some chemicals were unstable to handle and could kill if mixed wrong. "How much of this chemical or that chemical shall I mix? About how many tests are we doing today?" He watched her alsomixing to show some of the chemical reactions. "I will be back. I am going to the restroom." As Billleaves the lab. He was gone for several minutes and then returned to find his chemistry teacher passed out on the floor going through a transformation. He was scared and did not know what / to do. "Are you ok?" He asked not hearing anything from her.

Back
Top Bottom