Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

RP: The Perfect Drug ( Horror_Show & Dimitri-klyff)

Horror_Show

Supernova
A young girl slowly stirred from unconsciousness. Her eyelids were heavy and her muscles felt like weights. Trying to keep her eyes open only resulted in temporary blindness from being initially blinded by the bright lighting. In the distance she could hear the noise of machines beeping and going off, the sounds coughing and people walking back and forth. Everything was too busy to keep up with.

The young female was dressed in a hospital gown and was draped with warm hospital linen. She had a couple IV’s hooked in various places on both arms along with monitors attached to her chest and head. A blood pressure cuff was on her forearm and both arms were bandaged tightly. Her face had one big gash that had been stitched up and covered in a bandage. Shadows were underneath her bloodshot eyes that were now dilated from sedatives.

tumblr_lug73rbvaj1qb0spno1_500.gif

It was only hours before that she had tried to commit suicide. She had remember screaming and punching the bathroom mirror with her own hands shattering the glass. Flashes of the glass falling in slow motion could be visualized, as her hands were already busted and bleeding. She scrambled up a blood shard of glass and in quick strides kept cutting her forearms with big thick gashes. She leaned against the toilet seat ignoring the burning sensation of the cuts, as blood was everywhere.

The bathtub was overflowing with water and she just had to crawl into the tub and finish it. She struggled and barely pulled her body over the edge and collapsed into the water making a small wave as water spilled over the edge flooding the floor even more. The clear water quickly started turning shades of pink and red. She didn’t even try to break to the surface as she let her body sink to the bottom looking up at the ripples. That was until Phil came in screaming and cussing and ripped her from the bathtub. He was hysterical not knowing what to do. He had called the ambulance and they got there immediately.

large.gif

The smell of sterilization was thick and she exhaled feeling nauseated. She saw a nurse outside of her room speaking to somebody. In her sedated state she tried to listen carefully.

ER_Treatment_Room.jpg

“When can I see her?”

“I’m sorry Mr. Johnson but only the staff and immediately family is permitted to see her right now.” A nurse spoke softly and politely ready for the fire of the older male who was Zoey stepfather.

“What do you mean immediate family? I called the fucking ambulance…. she is my daughter. I have the right to see her. What is this nonsense….call her mother.”

“Sir as soon as we can. We will let you see her but for right now she needs rest.”

Zoey didn’t understand what was going on. Why didn’t they want Phil to see her? Did they know the real reasoning beside her suicide? She imagined Phil used her mental diagnose and episodes against her which was documented but it didn’t cover up how she was a victim of Phil’s sexual harassment and had been for awhile.

Thankfully the psychiatric doctor on duty this weekend who did two weekends out of the month as volunteer toward his internship was in charge of Zoey. Soon as she was admitted he had her wounds clean, bandage and stitched and gave her some sedatives but only after he read the report of her crying for Phil to stay away from her as she was taken to the hospital. He ordered a rape kit and since she was already unconscious it wouldn’t be discomforting to get it done and it confirmed she had been raped. Luckily he also noted she was on the birth control injections but it only led him to suspect she was being neglected by Phil. He just needed her to verbally confirm it and actions could be taken to protect her-self.

Zoey tried to sit up as she heard Phil raging outside until another man came up. She could only see silhouettes behind the closed door and curtains.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEbxw2wY0Pk&spfreload=10[/video]

There was something about being a doctor that scared the shit out of him. He had been in med school for years now but every single time he wakes up, he wonders if this was indeed the life he wanted for himself. At one point in time, he wanted to be an entrepreneur. He wanted to own a business, his own business which he planned to be a multi-million international business which all powerful people would be swooning over for. Unfortunately, that was a thing of the past and it will only be a thing of the past, a figment of his young imagination. His father said it would look wrong if he, a successful doctor known in the medical field for his outstanding researches and possible instant cures for the mentally ill, would have a son that didn't continue his legacy. And that was the primary reason why, despite still being in medical school, Damon already inherited Michaels Rehabilitation Hospital; a world-renowned rehabilitation center built up by Damon's father, Dr. William Michaels, himself. Every kind of treatment done in the facility was created by him and they provided the kind of treatment that was sought-after by many powerful people in all aspects of the globe. It was close enough to his teenage dream, but not quite as well.

Worse, Damon was tasked to maintain his own private facility and his father tasked him to treat patients there who are too far-gone. So far, Damon didn't have problems with anyone mostly because they all had their own worlds. The most that Damon did was to strike up a simple conversation with them which will eventually be forgotten anyway.

Today, Damon expected some sort of day-off. He had his nose stuck on piles and piles of books and papers for his upcoming major exam plus he had to study some of the records of the patients in Michaels and his own facility which was just quite near to his apartment. He also had to study his father's latest research about bipolarity and other multi-personality disorders brought about by PTSDs or extreme depression. He found it interesting though quite frightening at the same time, how some people would actually be conscious about the actions of their "other personality" but they are helpless and unable to fight it. Damon's father is now conducting a research about that and a possible treatment to stop something like it from happening.

He sighed and massaged his throbbing temples. All the papers and the readings were giving him a headache.

Damon set the important documents aside and just as he was about to throw himself on the bed to catch up on sleep, his phone vibrated. It was a call from Michaels Rehabilitation Hospital.

"Hello?" Damon answered. "Yeah, I'm not really busy right now. Is there a problem?" There was a pause for a while as the person from the other line narrated what was happening. A chaos in Michaels, apparently, about a man who was causing a scene in the emergency room because he wanted to see his stepdaughter who, they assumed, he raped repetitively in the past. "Alright, I'll be right there. Give me ten minutes tops." The call ended. Fortunately, Damon lived near the necessary facilities as well, as requested by his father. These were, after all, the things he needed to fulfill.

Once he got there, the man was still cursing out everyone in the hospital including him. He introduced himself as the owner of the facility but the man didn't give a damn at all. He still demanded to see his stepdaughter but Damon assured him that he will, soon enough, one she's well enough to see people. He told the man that seeing her stepdaughter now might cause a greater decline to her health.

He also told him that if he didn't stop, he'd have to call security.

That put an end to the man's rampage.

Damon asked the nurse-on-duty about the case of the patient. He handed him a folder of her records and Damon scanned through them for a while. There were a lot of things to process and it looked like she just came in.

With his keycard that had access to everything and every room in the hospital, Damon allowed himself inside. There were wires all over the girl's body and a hand that, despite the intricate bandage, there were already red spots on them. He set the folder and his messenger bag aside, headed to the side table, took the clean bandage, and gently took her hand. Slowly, he unwrapped the old bandage, cleaned the wound carefully, and wrapped the clean bandage around her injured hand. He looked at her for a while and though she looked extremely drugged and dozed-off, Damon knew she could see and hear him.

"Hey there," He greeted. "My name is Dr. Damon. You are..." He took his folder again and checked her records. "Zoey? Is that correct?" He smiled at her even more. "It's a lovely name for a pretty girl, so hang in there, alright? You'll be better soon."

Zoey was still awake but fading in and out of consciousness as a male doctor was delicately dressing the bandages on her hands. Pain medication and sedatives were regularly administered through her IV’s periodically so she was comfortable. It didn’t take long for her to notice his distinct psychical features. He was extremely attractive; his facial features were strong and angular.  He was tall, lean yet muscular, broad shoulder with dark hair that was neatly slicked back and parted. He had thick eyebrows with intense chestnut colored eyes that hid behind thick-rimmed glasses. He was dressed in kaki pants and a nice oxford collard shirt with a white lab coat pulled over. Her eye’s was still adjusting so she couldn’t make out his name on his badge. She leaned back swallowing a mouthful of spit as her throat felt scratchy. She didn’t recall most doctors being this ridiculously good-looking but wondered if it was still the drugs.  

Her head slightly nodded as he asked her name and she leaned back trying to scoot back against the bed. He bent over grabbing a remote control looking device that was attached to the hospital bed and pushed a button making the top part of the bed come upwards so she was laying in an upright position.  She wondered where her stepfather was as she remembered hearing him outside in the hallways moments ago or had she faded back out? 

Better soon? What did that mean? Would she be released and have to go back home? That was the last place she wanted to go. Right now she was dreading not getting the damn task done. She was supposed to be gone, non-existent so she didn’t have to deal with anyone’s bullshit, especially the pain and harassment from Phil or her ignorant blind mother. 

tumblr_mish28yPHE1r1bzmzo1_500.gif

“Why wasn’t Phill allowed to see me? Will I be released soon?” She asked carefully. Zoey was unaware the doctor was aware she was a victim of both sexual and psychical abuse on top of mental illnesses.  He would notice how calm and collected she was even in her battered state, how she would protect herself and the man that deserved nothing but time in prison. 

ahs202-05.jpg

Only when Zoey opened her eyes did he realize that she was absolutely a stunning girl. Damon couldn't quite pin his thoughts down as he wondered how someone so drugged and so lost could look so beautiful. There was something about her pale face, her almond-shaped eyes, and her straight blonde hair that captured his attention for a few minutes. Just as he admired her, he heard her asking about a man named Phil. He figured that must have been the man too desperate to see her.

And probably the man who was responsible for some of this mess.

He fixed the tubes of her IVs so that they won't intertwine before he checked her records again. Filed by the intern nurse were observations of possible rape which was reported by the female nurses who initially checked on Zoey. There was a sudden uncontrollable urge to protect this girl. If the man was indeed responsible for it, Damon didn't want him near her.

"Excuse me a moment," Damon said. He smiled at her and gave her a gentle pat on the shoulder before exiting the room. He headed towards the nurse desk where the intern was and informed him to tell security to never allow the man causing the scene earlier to ever come to the hospital until Zoey was discharged. Once the order was commanded, Damon went back to the room of the girl.

"Sorry, Zoey, something came up," He said. Damon set the folder of Zoey's records aside and pulled a chair beside the bed so that he can sit down beside her. "Phil won't be seeing you for a while due to reasons you might not want to talk about now." He smiled at her, took her bandaged hand, and gently held it with his own. It was an action that was far too forbidden for him to do but he felt it was a necessary gesture. He couldn't imagine, at all, what the girl was going through but he knew any form of gentle gesture could help her now especially that she was all alone in the room. Come to think of it, why was she alone in the firs place? The thought angered Damon immensely.

"I know the drugs are taking effects now, so, tell you what, you rest now and maybe we can talk some other time, okay?" He told her with his voice so comforting yet deep and husky, as he gave her a smile a friend would in times of trouble.

Zoey was able to open her own golden eyes just a little wider trying to fight the sedation. She wanted to coherent enough to communicate with the doctor. As he leaned over adjusting her IV’s she gulped watching his forum over her. As she caught her breath he patted her back and quickly excused himself. She scooted herself so she could sit up more to try to look out the windows but it was impossible. Within minutes she was relieved to see him walk back in to her side. He pulled up a seat and sat beside her, almost to close for comfort and gently took one of her bandaged hands in his own. They were sore and stitched but the way he ever so slightly caressed them felt soothing. Was he supposed to even have psychical contact with her? She questioned it because she wasn’t so fond of men being in close proximity, especially Phil but this felt different or it was the sedation talking.

They must have used a rape kit and had proof Phil had sexually abused her. She was so use to the reality of it. It didn’t faze her but the thought of what he could do to her was still a little terrifying. She was quiet but her eyes could speak a million words of pain and concern. As he commented on the drugs taking effect she leaned forward feeling a little dizzy but slowly let her eye’s meet his. He had beautiful eyes captivating, intelligent, deep and dark, dark with dominating secrets. She nodded shyly and felt weird and let a bandage hand comb back a few strands of her hair that was total mess and untamed.

“Will I be here long?” She asked calmly.

If there was a part of the body that betrayed the truth, Damon thought it would most probably be the eyes. As Zoey moved around, Damon looked at her eyes directly which spoke of so much tiredness, perhaps done by the drugs or perhaps done by life itself. He wanted to help her so much as she adjusted herself but upon remembering that she may probably have a rape background, he thought such rash actions would only end up freaking her out or adding up to her trauma even more. Instead, he just sat there and observed her eyes as she withdrew her hand slowly from his to tuck away a few strands of hair. Despite her distressed look, Damon still saw how beautiful she was.

What more if she's completely okay and happy?

The thought was too sudden in his mind that he, himself, got surprised by it. He dismissed the thought and focused on the now instead.

"Well, I really don't want to strain you so much right now, Zoey, but yes, based on the lab reports and observations I've read, I'm guessing you'd be staying with us for quite a while." Damon glanced around at the room again and wondered if it was a necessary question to ask why no one was here with her and no one visited her (other than her very own rapist) but he figured a lot of patients were left completely under their care because the parents found it hard to accept what their child's going through. Damon decided to dismiss the question.

Damon took the folder of Zoey's records again and skimmed through the papers filed inside. "You've just been admitted," he remarked. "My apologies, Zoey, I may be making you tired. Take a good rest now and I'll see your progress tomorrow, alright?"

He gave her a smile again before standing up and extending his hand to the girl. "I'm Dr. Damon, by the way. I'll be closely monitoring your progress. Oh, and don't worry, I've already informed my staff to keep that man, Phil, away from this room. As long as you're under our wing, you'll be protected. That, I guarantee you." He shook her hand gently and then he left to head back home.

----

Throughout the night, Damon set aside his other medical works and his reviews for the upcoming board examinations. He held Zoey's records close to him and read every single word filed on the reports. He traced back and analyzed possible events that could have led to the decline of her mental health and he tracked the kind of behavior she had been experiencing for the past year or so. If his dad were to see this, he knew what the man would instantly tell him:

Admit her under your private hospital.

---

The following morning, Damon rushed to the hospital the moment he was dismissed from class. He arrived at Michaels in the early afternoon and instantly headed to Zoey's room. He found her fast asleep. Damon couldn't help the smile forming on his face when saw the great improvement on the physical color of the young girl. She looked a little less pale now, and the dark circles around her eyes were lightening slightly.

He shook his head to stop himself from staring at the sleeping beauty and proceeded to check on the readings and levels on the monitors instead. Truth be told, this was a nurse's job but he insisted that he'd do it. As quietly as possible, he took down notes.

Before she knew it Zoey was stirring awake as Dr. Michaels was back in her room checking her monitors. She didn’t question him checking her monitors thinking nothing less of it. His charming smile greets her. She is memorized watching him like one would watch a rare dangerous predator. How could this older man have this effect on her? She had never even had time to properly go through puberty before her mother met Phil and he started secretly depraving her of her dignity and innocence. After it began she had no desire to seek out boys or girls, it didn’t matter. Sex was nothing but a weapon. She had never even been attracted to the opposite sex and thought if she ever did get free she would only trust females. But this doctor was different, he was ungodly beautiful but she yawned protecting her inner thoughts and gave a weak smile back. Her stomach growls and she realizes she is starving.

“Are you hungry? I can have a nurse order you a tray….” He walks over to the other side of her bed as she is sitting up brushing her bedhead hair out of her face. It keeps falling back sheltering her eyes.

“What I wouldn’t do for a cheeseburger and a coke.” She lazily jokes and is stretching her legs from underneath the covers. The doctor out of nowhere vanishes and she is left confused wondering if she said something wrong. She then felt awkward and had that feeling of fear when Phil got angry when she did things he didn’t like and didn’t notice it. It always resulted in more physical and unbearable sexual abuse. She ignored it. He was a doctor, he wouldn’t hurt her, and it was his job to get her better, right? He quickly retuned saying nothing of before.

He checked her bandages and all her stitches, which were on her hands, arms and forehead. His hands moved so fluently and gracefully as they worked. A nurse came in carrying first aid material but was stunned when she saw he was already doing it. She nodded politely as he dismissed her and left.

“Was she supposed to be doing this and not you?” She asked curiously as yet more strands of messy hair came to fall in her face as she peered up at him. She got lost in his gaze and felt her breath stop. He also noticed and stopped only momentarily to give her one of his gorgeous smiles.

“Breathe Zoey.” He says checking her pulse. She flushed brightly wondering if he knew why she was like this.

Moments later another male aid came in with a bag of fast food. Her eyes lit up as she smiled it. He nodded at the doctor and put it on the bed and set a large fountain drink on the bedside table. He made someone go get her actual food. He quickly finished dressing her wounds and let her grab the bag. She looked up at him stunned.

“You didn’t have to do this….”

Damon functioned like a robot for some unknown reasons just because Zoey was a lot cheerful and more alive this morning. In fact, when she made that supposed joke, he ended up exiting the room and calling for delivery. He figured it would be better to spoil her with her food cravings than to have her mental health decline again.

You didn't have to do this, she remarked. Yes, he didn't have to do it but he wanted to and his reason was simple.

"Let's just say," he began as he pulled up a seat and sat down beside the bed. He set aside his clipboards and folders to free his hand. "I can sympathize to where you are now. And, well, personally I'd prefer seeing that you're well and not suffering. Isn't that the goal for doctors? To see their patients are doing okay?"

Right after finishing his statement, Damon felt his phone vibrating from his pocket. He took it out and when his dad's name appeared on the screen, he gulped discreetly and answered the call with full confidence and calmness.

"Hello? ... Yes, Mr. Michaels... Yes, I'm in the hospital right now... Oh, yes yes, I've heard of the case..." There was a long pause. "Okay. I'll fix the papers and start the transfer immediately.... Yes, Mr. Michaels. Thank you. Have a good day."

He tucked his phone away and turned his attention back to the girl. "Sorry about that," he told her. Damon, for a while, became silent. Their eyes met for a brief moment and Damon kept their gaze fixed, none of them daring to break the connection for quite some time until Damon cleared his throat and looked away.

"So, umm, Zoey..." He said. "Can you tell me more about yourself and how you're feeling today?" He fixed his glasses and pushed it up on his face through the rim. Damon flashed his usual smile, leaned down on the metal sides of the bed, and waited for Zoey's response.

Zoey quickly opened the bag and pulled out a hamburger wrapped in a wrapper. Slowly she unwrapped leaving it in half the wrapper and took a few bites. Dr. Michaels would mentally note her appetite and be satisfied she was eating and such a trauma. That was a good sign or it could just mean she was good at dis-associating herself when neglect or abuse occurred. Zoey washed the bites down with a few good sips of soda and grabbed some fries from the bag. She felt embarrassed as her pale cheeks her a little flushed but that wasn’t going to stop her from devouring the food.

She had a mouth full of food when he asked her how she was doing. Her eye’s watched how he pushed the rim of his glasses up over the bridge of his nose and changed his posture. She swallowed another bite-full and slurred a drink of soda wiping her mouth. It was hard to describe how she felt. It was clear he wanted to know how her mental state was and for now it was guarded.

“I’m ok….I guess,” she shrugged looking up at him, “you’re the doctor. You must kind of know yourself.” She gave a faint smile and leaned forward digging out more fries from the bag.

“If you’re wondering where my so called family is I wouldn’t worry yourself over.” She said seeing a paper of emergency contacts from his vanilla folder. She was munching on a fry not looking the least bit phased. “My mother is pretty close up my step fathers ass and well you can see how he is…. never really been to close to any of my other distant family.” She said. She knew her mother was probably worried sick but she wouldn’t make a move with Phil already hovering over everything and since Phil was forbidden to see her she wonder how nasty this was going to get.

“Do you have proof he fucked me?” she said rather bluntly taking another bite of the hamburger as if them words or the whole act of her being sexually abused didn’t make any sort of a reaction.

"Well, yes, indeed I'm the doctor and the psychologist but I'm not the type who'd dictate how you're probably feeling because, well, it's best to know where the person is coming from first," Damon explained to her. He kept his position and his disposition constant throughout their little conversation but he mentally took note of how the girl was acting around. First, he noted how she acted so normal despite the idea that she was just recently under suicide attempts the day before. He noted how normal her appetite was despite being slightly drugged and how she can respond so normally and bluntly despite everything.

"To be honest with you," He began as he set his folder aside again. He noticed how she glanced to it once in a while and figured that it might border how they spoke to one another just because it would seem like he was all too doctor-type, one who is only interested in the case of the patient and not the patient herself.

Well, ideally, it should be that he was interested in the case only, but who's judging him now.

"I'm not really that worried about the idea of your family visiting you and being with you. I've had a lot of cases wherein our nurse and staff are the ones taking care of the patient and, my dear Zoey, I've got you covered throughout your stay here," he said, smiling gently at her as he spoke.

The next question took him aback though, but it was a question he'd have the honor to answer. "We have proof that you were fucked, so to say, and forcefully at that. I figured it might be that man, Phil, who was creating a scene at the lobby yesterday. There was something quite off with the way he acted. He wanted to see you not out of genuine concern but out of something else. I thought it was the fault of any man out there so I guessed it would be better to keep any man out there away from you for a while." He playfully raised his hands in a surrender position though his smiled widened as he did so. "Except for me, unfortunately," he said with a chuckle. "But I assure you, Zoey, my intentions are pure."

When he put down his hand, he still kept his smile but his voice became serious. It was time to talk about matters that needed to be talked about.

"Say, Zoey," He began. "Today might most probably be your last day here because I will be having you transferred under my private rehabilitation center, one that I spearhead myself. In that way, I can personally oversee your recovery."

Zoey leaned back still slurring on her fountain drink and her mood shifted as he addressed her comments on Phil. She knew in the back of her mind Phil would do anything to get to her, to have her and do what he pleased. He had a way of being manipulative and overbearing. She had grown accustomed to it, normalized it. She rubbed her head and tilted her head looking up at the doctor.

“He will just find a way to me…. I’ll eventually be released. Its ok. He won’t kill me…. though me trying to do that myself…well you know the chances of that.” She said pulling the covers up over her more and she saw Dr. Michaels face change dramatically, he got serious and intense, so intense it was almost frightening.

“You can file a restraining order. I will have someone from the station here in no time. We have proof. You will never see him or anybody you don’t want to ever again. You are under my protection Zoey….no one will hurt you ever again. I’ll personally make sure of it.”

Zoey was captivated by him and nodded in submission as if taking orders but it was comforting. Her inner self was screaming joy because she hated Phil and her family, especially her mother for loving a man of such sickness.

Then when he mention a transfer she looked back up at him. His own private rehabilitation place. She knew her insurance wouldn’t cover it.

“I don’t think my insurance would cover a private stay….its very limited—“ but she as cut off by him waving his hand as if money wasn’t an issue and with him it wasn’t. She nodded and rubbed her neck with her bandage hands.

“So would I be a ward of the state?” She asked knowing she was still seventeen.

“Not entirely…you would be under my care under my custody at my place. I would be your legal guardian….its all paperwork. Your in charge of yourself to a point.” He said.

"Give me a moment, Zoey, I'll just make some calls to finalize everything." His voice was domineering but his face spoke of an entirely different expression. His voice held power and certainty but his face held gentleness as if he wouldn't even hurt a fly. Damon got up from his seat and went to the farthest corner of the hallway where he talked to his father about Zoey's move.

"Dad, I'll be taking her in... no, not in the wards.... yes, dad, I know what I'm doing... I'm bringing her at home..." he sighed. "Yes, dad. I know her case is common... no but... yes, yes, I understand... there's just something different about her as far as what her records say and if her case is something I can fix then it's another glory to your name." Of course he lied and bluffed about that last statement but he needed to get his father to agree. Besides, the man's too busy to check out the validity of his claims anyway. "Yes, dad. I'll take care of everything."

He hung up and went to the lobby to prepare Zoey's discharge from the hospital. He told his staff to charge it under his name and not under the insurance the girl was under because he knew, at some point, he'd have to let her go and she might need the medical coverage more than her need for it now.

When everything was fixed, Damon headed back to the girl's room and offered her his brightest smile. "Everything's fixed, Zoey. For the next month, you'll be under my care and my care alone." He opened up the closets and saw how empty it was aside from another set of clothes just enough for today. There was a note on it from the girl's mother who must have visited at the wee hours of the night. Damon did specify that no man is allowed to enter the girl's room so they must have let her mother slip in. The note was simple. It said: "I'm so sorry, baby. I love you. -mom" Damon became frustrated with it so he decided to discreetly slip it inside his pocket and not let Zoey see it anymore. Judging from the way she spoke about her family, he figured she wouldn't care much about the note anyway.

"You have a change of clothes here, Zoey," He said. It felt rude to hand it to her so he simply left it inside the closet. "Other than that, the closet's bare. I'll take you to the mall today and pick out some clothes that's enough for a month." He closed the closet and looked at her. "Dress up now, alright? The hospital's a very depressing place and it won't do you good. Come on, we have a long day ahead."

Damon exited the room to give the girl her privacy.

Zoey was surprised at the change of events happening. Relief passed over her that she wouldn’t have to go home. Going to prison or death seemed better options than having to go back and live under the same roof as her mother and Phil. She was also scared that this was only a supposed treatment for a month. A month was a long time for Phil to get angrier, and hungrier for his absent step daughter. She watched the good doctor leave and stood sitting upright in the bed. Crawling out from underneath the hospital sheets she walked over to the closet grabbing her clothes.

She frowned seeing the outfit and knew her mother must have stopped by. Her poorest effort and showing she cared when she should have left Phil a long time ago. She felt even worse for her mother because she was also a victim of abuse and was so far into it she was a lifelong hostage to that horrible filthy man.
Carefully she slipped out of her hospital gown and into the more casual clothing. Luckily enough her mother gave her a thick cardigan sweater which could hide most of her arms. The sleeves were long enough to cover most of her hands. She slipped on white converse that were old and dirty and left her hair down but combed it and stood there patiently waiting on the hospital bed fumbling with her bandaged hands.

Her life was changing dramatically and change was scary. She had a mixture of emotions and the fear of going back to Phil ruled out all the others. She remembered his words earlier and gulped.

"We have proof that you were fucked, so to say, and forcefully at that. I figured it might be that man, Phil, who was creating a scene at the lobby yesterday. There was something quite off with the way he acted. He wanted to see you not out of genuine concern but out of something else. I thought it was the fault of any man out there so I guessed it would be better to keep any man out there away from you for a while."

Zoey would then visualize his hands motions as he surrendered trying to prove he was safe and would keep her safe. For some reason her thoughts wandered. Was it possible to want more when you were abused? Did she even know how to have regular emotions? His words still played across her mind.

"Except for me, unfortunately," "But I assure you, Zoey, my intentions are pure."

Zoey listened as he lightly knocked on the door to enter.

While the girl changed, Damon worked on the papers necessary for her stay. He signed her hospital discharge papers and billed everything under his name. He also talked to some of the nurses who took turns in watching over her and checking on her records to get himself updated with her progress. So far, so good. He wondered what he'll end up encountering throughout this probation period of her in his very own home?

"Zoey? May I come in now?" Damon waited for a few more seconds before welcoming himself inside. The sight was enough to stop him in his tracks. Every single time he steps inside this room, a new Zoey awaits him. The first time, she was still extremely drugged yet beauty still radiated all around her. The second time, she looked a lot better and was in an energetic mood to devour fast food. This third time, her colors were slowly coming back despite still looking pale. The casual clothing she wore looked extremely nice on her like one of those models on fashion blogs.

"Well umm," Damon cleared his throat. "I've fixed the necessary paperwork already and now we're good to go. If you're still feeling weak, we can always get new clothes later on. For now, what we need is to get you out of this place." He assisted the girl out of the bed and allowed her to use his arm to steady herself. On his free arm, he held the small bag her mother left with clothes which would only last her for about three more days, he assumed. Damon assisted her all the way to his car where he allowed her to take the passenger's seat while he placed her back at the back seat. He drove away in silence.

The drive only lasted for about ten minutes of pure urban scenery. With Michaels Health Center stationed at the heart of the city and Michaels Rehabilitation Center just a few buildings away, there really wasn't anything highly interesting with the drive.

Damon Michaels lived on the 16th floor of one of the most prestigious condominium buildings in the city. He parked the car on the 4th floor where his parking slot was before leading Zoey up to his unit while thinking of a way to break the monotonous air their shared. What else was there to talk about with a (beautiful) patient if he didn't want to bring up unwanted memories? What else was there to talk about while they walked side by side? He shrugged and dropped the attempt. The last thing he wanted to happen is to get emotionally invested and attached to a beautifully broken patient who was maybe 8-10 years younger than he was.

When they got to his 3-bedroom flat, Damon assisted her to what would be her room. It was a guest room of some sort, one which didn't hold much life to it. He apologized for the lack of life it held and hoped it would feel alright with her. "You have the freedom to stick up some posters or whatever, if you want. I mean, feel free to uhh... turn this place more into your personality because you'd be staying here for a while," He said, hoping to compensate for his lack of life in his home which he rarely spends a lot of time in. Fortunately, at least, he can keep it clean. Zoey's room then was composed of a simple queen-sized bed, a study desk, a night lamp on the side table, and its own closet. The walls were simply cream-colored and the sheets on the bed were light blue. It had two pillows on it, a thin blanket, and a slightly thicker one. "There is a bathroom just across the door." Damon points on the door right in front of the room. "My room is the one at the end of the hall but I'm only there during the late hours of the night. I am mostly in my study or in the living room. There's wifi, by the way. No need to worry about that. Even a guy like me needs internet in his life. Oh, and there's a TV set in the living room. You can watch there. I have no problem with the noise." Damon looked around and let out a sigh. He wondered how the next month or so will be like with this girl?

"Please let me know if you need anything else," He said eventually. "Today, I will let you rest. We will begin consultation tomorrow. But Zoey, if you feel the need to tell me something about what happened, or anything at all, please just approach me anytime." With that, he smiled at her and let her be in her room to give her time to adjust and to give her her privacy.

It was an awkward drive to the Dr. Michael's condo. It was completely different scenery than what she normally saw. Her mother and stepfather lived an hour or so out into the sub-burbs. She had been lucky enough for the bastard to find her in time before she could have died, though at the moment the decision was meant not to let her survive. The city was so much more different, it was alive, but in such a different way. Towering buildings, shops and businesses everywhere, the streets were crowded with traffic and people was everywhere, it was almost suffocating. She kept quiet the entire time.

At first she had thought she was being transported to a private institute owned by Doctor Michaels but as she realized she was staying with him alone, she felt weird. Anything was a blessing to get away from the where she lived, away from home. In the back of her subconscious she was scared of being hurt, scared of being a lone with another man. Then again during her complete stay in the hospital he had done nothing but make sure she was taken care of in any way.

Her mind also slipped into thoughts about how living with him would push boundaries and maybe she wanted that. Something about the doctor was inviting, comforting, almost dangerously intoxicating. She knew in her state of mind she was simple a broken mentally ill teenager and she knew it was wrong to explore any kind of sexual feelings and avoided them because of the pain. She had not once ever felt pleasure from sex but that was a whole other world of horror’s to get into.

She timidly and quietly acknowledged his flat and thought It was very nice, very modern and spacious. Her room was comforting but dull. She would take being safe over living in hell with Phil so it was welcoming.

“Thanks.” She said and looked around the bedroom.

“I think I’ll take a nap.” She was half lying and half not, she was always lethargic from the medicine and her depression, plus she was still healing from her injuries, the mental injuries would be there forever, scars from the deep wounds of her home life.

As she was settling down, she kicked off her goes and rummaged through her duffle bag for more comfortable pants and of course her mother hadn’t thought of that. She was looking around at the guest room. The doctor came back in and she looked up at him.

latest

He had a weird wrist band, it was made of cloth. It looked like an athletic walking tracker. She held out her hand willingly as he wrapped it around her wrist. She then realized it was light but had monitors inside of it. It was to monitor her vitals constantly and keep track of her, so he knew where she was at all times, even when he was at work. He also had a special security system so he could lock the doors and only have the code to get in and out.

970e544fed0013e9e3765f62830d3db6.jpg

“Do you have any shorts I could borrow? My mother didn’t pack me any.” She said. As he momentarily left to go get her something she sat on the bed bouncing just a little on it to see it was soft, much nicer than the bed she had at home. As he came back in with a pair of his sweat shorts she took them and headed over to the bathroom across the hall to change.

Back
Top Bottom