Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fire and Ice Re-Written (Between Tasinga Nightwolf and EverUndine)

She wept as she laid there, Deanerys Targaryen, the Khaleesi of the Dothraki tribe her husband ruled. Though now it seemed she no longer had a future here. Her son had been born ugly and dead and her Khal dying as well most likely to join him in the great heard in the sky. Her Sun, her Light and her joy had all been stolen from her in a single moment. She did not know what to do other than to cry. She knew it was not what a Khaleesi should do; she almost could hear her brother, Viserys, laughing at her. He would be mocking her make sure she understood how much un-like a dragon she was. She did not care though, everything she had learned to love in the last year of her life had been stolen from her like a passing wind. She wished she could go and demand the ancestors to give back her husband to her.

It was the damn witches fault. She had taken the wench in believing she would be good for her child’s birth; however she had been proven wrong. All the dreadful things had started to happen after that woman was near the tribe. It had to be that witch’s fault. She felt her tears leaving as anger flooded her body. She was still in her tent, dirty from the child birth, blood staining her thighs and the ground around her. Deanerys looked at the faces in the tent, her three maids there, a wet nurse and another slave. Her dead son was wrapped in clothe and placed in a straw cradle. Later after she had decided she had grieved long enough his body would be set aflame and his spirit would join the others in the stars. She knew she would have to decide in a moment what her own fate would be.

Most Khaleesies would go and join the crones at the Mother Mount, there they aged and offered their wisdom to Khals and Khaleesies alike. Deanerys had no desire to join those old ugly hags. She though had only one other option, to join her husband in death if he was truly gone. Though deep inside she felt he would not wake from this sleep. He had fallen asleep from the illness infecting his body. Even if he lived and stayed in the strange death like sleep she knew he would not want to stay like that. Drogo would want death before he became a man cursed to be in a sleep like state. She wanted to get up and just run. Her legs, back and even her sides hurt though as if she had been run over by her horse after being flung from it’s back. No she did not know what to do yet other than make a silent plea to the ancestors to somehow help her.

He had fallen into fevered dream and everywhere in his mind was she. His Khaleesi, moon of his life, his Daenerys. He had known she was beautiful but she was so much more than that. She was a true Khaleesi and she would bring forth his son, the Stallion that mounts the world. She gave him more joy than he had known in his entire life.

Together, he knew, they would cross the poison sea and take back the Westerosi crown that was rightfully hers. Or perhaps they would stay in Essos, riding across the Dothraki sea. He knew none of it mattered as long as she was there by his side. He would protect her with his life.

As he came back to the world of the living he could hear the moon of his life weeping and it made him wrestle his way out of the comatose state he had been in.

"Jalan Atthirari Anni..." He moaned, the soreness of his body returning to him as his eyes fluttered open. He reached toward his wife, wiping the tears from her cheek.

"I will cut off the head of whoever has given you cause to weep."

(***lets just pretend all of his dialogue is in Dothraki already haha)

(sounds good lol same for her.)

Deanerys was stunned at first when he touched her though she quickly forced herself to stop acting like a child and stop the tears. She swallowed then said. “I failed you my love….. my sun….. I have shamed you. The child…. Your son…. Still born. I failed.”

She was fighting for breath and had to force herself not to start crying again. They had not even named the child. Deanerys was half afraid he would be mad at her half ready to welcome his wrath for losing the child. He had a right to be mad it had been his son, the stallion that was meant to mount the world. Though now because of her weakness that day would never come.

His eyes as always were hard for her to read, the dark brown now black in the lighting of the dark tent. Night had come time ago and there was nothing to hear other than the soft murmurs of the servants in the tent who were waiting their orders as always. Deanerys almost wanted to take her wrath out on them and to make everyone pay for the loss of her child. Yes, her child, the burning of a mother was in her and the rage at the loss she now felt.

The Khal pushed himself onto his elbows, it was all he could do. He could still feel the fever in him, although it had calmed significantly he was still weary. This was his own fault. Had he been awake and well enough to grasp his arahk in his hand he would have cut down the sky to save his son. But he was asleep, weak, he had let his wife down and now their child was dead.

"We will have another," he tried to console her, "There is no shame in this. Ask your handmaidens, they will say it is known"

He grabbed Daenerys' hand and kissed her fingertips. Her shame should be his, it was his responsibility to protect her and the child and he had failed to do so. Even worse, he had let a simple wound knock him from his horse. He was no proper Khal anymore. And if he was no proper Khal how could he protect his Khaleesi.

"This is my doing, Moon of my Life. I should have been able to protect my son."

Deanerys let her lips waver into a smile a little and looked at him. “No, it is alright my Sun and Stars. I am just thankful you are with me now. I don’t want to be alone.” She went to move, but her limbs still were stiff. One of her handmaids stopped her and said. “Let us clean you Khaleesi. Then we will leave you be.” Deanerys nodded her head to the woman and relaxed as they used hot water to clean her. Then carefully they helped her undress and get into a clean robe to stay warm. Her eyes though had changed she looked angry. She stated. “Tie and gag that witch and put her outside the camp. This is her doing she took my child and she will be dealt with at sunrise.”

Not often cold, this one of her few times she would be cruel. The camp would see just what happened when you hurt their Khaleesi and shamed her Khal. Turning to Drogo she started to run her hands over his long braid. She stated. “You are still the strongest Khal and all the other Khal will learn of it. They will learn to shutter and run at your name.”

Drogo tried to sit up and grunted from the extreme amount of effort it took. This was not a good sign. He was sure others would try to claim the title of Khal and if he was so weak he could barely sit up how could he protect Daenerys. Even imagining someone hurting her in any way made him want to make heads roll. He looked under the patch of dry grass covering the wound on his chest. The wound was black, but it was a black that seemed to be fading. That at least was some good news. His eyes turned back toward his Khaleesi as she touched his braid. His hand caressed her milky white cheek.

"I am proud to call you mine. No other Khaleesi would have been able to hold back other would-be Khals."

She was born to rule, of this he was sure, now more than ever.

"I cannot protect you, I've lost my strength," he felt such shame in the words.

She looked at him as he spoke of his shame. Deanerys then leaned over and said to him. “Relax my Sun and Stars. There should not be any shame in your voice at this time. You should your power by showing that even death could not take you where many other Khals would be long gone because of how week they were.” Deanerys then got up grabbing a cloth and hot water washing the wound slowly and carefully to make sure she did not hurt him in any way.

That vile witch had done this she was the reason that Deanerys’ beloved was feeling shame. The more Deanerys thought of that witch the more she wanted to just go out and cut her throat. No she would do things right. Once her Khal was recovered he would decide what to do with the evil woman though Deanerys wanted nothing more than to see her burnt alive or pulled behind a running horse. The woman deserved no less.

Daenerys' touch soothed him in a way he could never describe. She was the only woman who could touch his very soul. He grunted with pain at the contact of the wet cloth, this small wound would soon heal and he could enact revenge on the witch woman who killed his son. Drogo ran his hands through his wife's long silver hair, she was such a rare jewel. He had always known her brother was a bit touched in the head, he had been glad to kill him.

He was feeling stronger already, his attempts to sit up had been less than fruitful thus far but he tried once more. This time it was no less difficult, but with his Khaleesi there he felt he had the strength to do more than he had thought possible. He grabbed her wrist, pulling her closer to him so that he could kiss her petal-soft lips.

Deanerys was a little caught off guard by his move when he kissed her. One moment he had been too weak to sit up the next he was pulling her him. She smiled though sinking into the kiss her hands going up to his shoulders and resting there. Smiling up at him as she pulled back she ran her hands along his arms and chest her eyes never leaving his face. “You will be able to show your wrath soon enough my dearest and then no one will stop you from taking what you want. Not even those bastard kings a crossed the sea of death. All will learn to shutter and flee when they hear you coming.”
She spoke truth because the dragon spoke truth. The dragon did not lie and she was the dragon. Her brother had been a lizard wanting to be a dragon and her eldest brother long dead had died defending his honor. So she was the only dragon left but not the weakest by far.

Her words instilled a hope in him that he had never known. Drogo could do anything when it came to Daenerys and he knew she would do the same for him. That's what made her perfect, her devotion to the people was admirable, but her devotion to him? Immeasurable. "When I regain my strength we will cross the poisonous sea together, we will take back the land that should be yours. We can rule everything under the stars together, Khaleesi." He kissed her again, more forceful this time. He needed her so badly, he was glad that he had survived so that he could put another stallion inside of the beautiful woman before him.

He was about to lean forward when a sharp pain shot through his abdomen. It seemed as if he was possibly over-exerting himself. His hand hovered over his wound and he shut his eyes tightly, waiting for the pain to pass.

Deanerys looked at Drogo as he went to lean forward and then saw the pain in his face. She stopped him then having him lay back down. “First we must gather as many troops as we can the King’s army is great and the sea crossing is sure to kill some people. I would rather have you rest first and foremost my sun and stars.” She could sense his need for her and added. “There will be plenty of times for you to have me but rest is needed now we will wait till the sun rises and deal with the witch.”

Drogo reluctantly let Daenerys guide him back onto his back. The Khal held her wrist gently in his large hands. "It must be slow, moon of my life, it must be painful. You must show the people what happens when they cross a Khaleesi." The look she gave him was one of determination and righteous anger, he knew there would be blood to pay for the betrayal. He knew that he would have to get back onto his horse once again, they would need to treat with Meereen and Yunkai and all the other cities of Essos in order to gather the army they would need to take his Khaleesi's home back. He would provide her with anything she wanted.

Deanerys smirked at her Khal saying. “You do not need to tell me how to punish those I wish to. You forget my brother may have been weak but he could do horrid things to those he wished. I too can do just that. For I am not just the moon but I am a dragon and no one betrays a dragon. Not without feeling the fire eat them.” Her eyes looked like that of a wild blaze in them as if just the thought of the witch burning made her happy.

She got up then walking over to her eggs and pulling the white one out she held it saying. “There will be a day the world remembers my family and the wrong done to it. They will all pay for not aiding in my family’s cause but instead betrayed them like the selfish rats they all are.”

The fire in her eyes ignited the flames within him, he loved her, his dragon. He forced himself up again, grinding his teeth through the pain. He knew he had to recover, but there was no reason he couldn't do so with a little more dignity. He would show his people that, not only was he still alive, but he was still able to defeat his enemies.

"I will be by your side, I want to see the witch burn," he got to his feet though not without a struggle. He leaned on the table her dragon eggs were on and grunted. He would ride again if it killed him, he was determined not to leave his lover's side ever again. He couldn't stand the idea of leaving her, if he were to die another would try to take his place. They would try to claim Daenerys as their own and they would not be kind to her.

He was stubborn she gave him that much credit. His pride was why though and she could understand that. Deanerys could understand that though, a khal had to have his pride. Looking at the egg once more she then looked outside the tent the night was dark with clouds not even the great herd in the sky could be seen. They were morning with her and Drogo. Taking her robe she went to a guard outside the tent and ordered a large fire to be built by sun rise. When he looked at her questioning her eyes turned cold making him just nod in understanding.

Drogo always liked that powerful stare she had, his Khaleesi, so fierce. He was eager to dispose of the hag who had tried to kill him, the woman who killed his son. He would watch her burn and smile when she screamed. The Khal reached for his Khaleesi, grabbing her hips and pulling her back into the tent with him. "I wil put another stallion in you, we will spite the witch. She can see just how powerful we are together before she dies," he whispered in her ear, placing his lips on her neck, kissing a and gently biting.

Deanerys smiled up at him as he held her and said to him. "Just relax I will give you a son soon enough you need to rest." She kissed his cheek. Then she moved to the next room of the tent and started to get a bath ready. The hot water would help her relax plus it always felt nice.

The Khal laughed, it rumbled through his chest like thunder. "I've rested enough, I woukd eat something before I see the witch burn. I want her to see how her attempt on my life failed." Drogo watched as his Khaleesi prepared a bath for herself. He watched as she revealed her milky white skin, her pale hair cascading down her back. He marveled as she dipped her body into the steaming water with a grace he'd never seen in another being before he'd met his sultry Dragoness. He walked towards her, stumbling only a little, before kneeling by the side of the bath and tracing the soft curve of her cheek down her throat with her calloused fingers. "No one could take me from your side, Daenerys."

Deanerys looked up at Drogo and nodded her head when he mentioned watching the witch burn. She then turned to one of her maids giving a quick order for the finest horse meat to be ready. “My sun and stars in hungry therefore you should know to get food right away.” Her tone was sharp almost angry in a way. The maids knew that she was not trying to hurt them but remind them of their place.

When Drogo spoke of never leaving her side Deanerys spoke back with. “Good thing my Khal for if you did leave before I was ready I would have to kill any man who tried to touch me.” She might have been smaller than most, but she had been learning to defend herself.

He could smell the food before it even entered the tent. The aroma of cooked lamb made his stomach rumble, and his mouth watered as he saw the leg of lamb brought to him. He had never been so glad to taste lamb and to be alive. He devoured the leg in only a few minutes and he immediately felt stronger. One of Daenerys' women brought a paste to him and applied it to his wound, it had a cooling effect and he sighed audibly in relief before sending her to aid his wife with her bath. He was eager to see the lamb woman burn for what she had done to his family. For the first time it really sunk in that his son had been murdered before he had the chance to draw his first breath. It shook him to his core and he was determined never to let anything like that happen again.

Deanerys looked up at him as she got out of the tub. Her maid brought her a robe and she put it on. Then going to the bed she started to comb her long hair out. Looking around the tent she noticed the sun was coming up. The sky outside a deep red almost purple as the sun hit the clouds. She then said to him. "You never have sat still for long have you my dearest. Though if you do not rest you will not heal. You should learn to at least not be so eager right now."

Drogo huffed, his wife knew him well. "How can I stop being eager for the death of the woman who murdered my son? I will be eager if it suits me. But i will at least agree to rest some. I cannot sleep but I will sit and keep off of my feet and my horse. I need to be in the main tent, I need to show my people I am still worthy of being their Khal. Other Khals will want to take my place, they will want to take you and they will not be kind. If I show them that I am still alive and able they will think twice about coming to claim my place as their own."

Looking at Drogo as he spoke Deanerys could only think of how he sounded like the stories of her oldest brother. The last true dragon of her family dead when she was still in her mother. Her face blazed with anger some thinking about that. The damned people whom had started the war had taken him from her like her mother. She would see them all burnt to hell and then be a queen that was fare but just over all her people. She remembered the stories she had been told that the family whose symbol of the stag was jealous of her family due to the fact some women loved the prince and they wanted more power. So they had started calling her father a mad and cruel king forcing sides to be taken. They would rule the day they had harmed her family and people.

Back
Top Bottom