Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

One Night...Forever Changed (Reydan and LingeringDesire)

Status
Not open for further replies.
She listened to him pour his heart out. Their story was much the same, her knowing she loved him from the age of twelve. Only earlier in the year than he, but not by much. Their movements were slow, his voice soft and her attention was fixed on him fully. She was fully captivated, but not without needs. Her body arched into his, unsure of her actions. Hell, Matt was her one and only sexual partner.

Her tears spilled over as each confession caressed her heart. He wouldn't do this, he wouldn't make love to her like this before walking out of her life. He was such a good man and she felt bad even thinking he would. She caressed his scalp, her nails scraping into his skin lightly. She heard him, but didn't want to answer him just yet.

Of course, she knew she'd told him Maitlyn was his, maybe he just needed it confirmed. But, the rest. She didn't even feel him moving, her intake of breath was sharp and her face shocked. A soft moan left her instead of a reply. Words wouldn't form. Both her heart and mind raced. Her eyes met his, she was biting her lip and tears were streaming down from her eyes.

"I would... I would lie in my bed at night and dream of being married to you, a double wedding with Kenzie and Todd. I dreamed of our kids and growing old together... I would lay there wishing you loved me back." She caressed his face. "Then the night of the party, it was amazing."

She bit her lip, "The night you told me you were leaving... I'd just found out I was pregnant with Maitlyn. I didn't want to ruin your life... I didn't want you to resent me from holding you back... I didn't want to force you to love me when I thought you didn't. I was so scared... but I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner."

She kissed him. "I do think I might be pregnant, but it's early and I don't know how you knew since I haven't told a soul. I am scared again, but now I know you love me and I know you love Mait. I have no doubt that any other cuties we create will be equally loved." She kissed him again.

"You shock and amaze me Matt Browning. You are the only man I've ever loved and ever wanted to love. I'm sorry about the events of the day, but also glad for them in a way." She stroked his beard gently, her light green eyes flitting over his face.

He let her words wash over him like perfumed silk. They were luxurious, calming and soothing his aches and hurts, and he welcomed her touch. her hands were on his face, gentle kisses on his lips, but he could still feel the needing raking of her fingernails in his scalp from earlier. Her love and encouragement were making him hotter for her, harder inside her, and Matt shifted for purchase in the bed, driving his cock deeper into Keeley.

He leaned in, lips to lips, tongue teasing her tongue, and felt her breath hot and keen on his face. He wanted her so badly in that moment, ached for her, like a physical need, and ran his hands up and down her soft curves. She was a dream he never wanted to wake up from.

He drew out a little, gasping at the sensation, and then slid an arm under her back, tangling his hand in her hair and pushing her up from the bed to his waiting lips. He kissed her throat, feeling the breath catch, rise and fall in it, and then slid deep back into her warm embrace.

"I'm going to fill you with babies Keeley Frayne" he grinned, scratching her face lightly with his stubbly beard as he began to fuck her slowly and tenderly. "I'm going to make all your dreams come true. I'm going to love you till the end of my days".

He was getting faster now, his tension rising, and he could feel her body beneath him respond. They were back into wordless passion now, he buried deep within her one moment and then withdrawn for another thrust seconds later. Every sense seemed to be screaming, overwhelmed by passion, and Matt made love to Keeley in a desperate and passionate way that he never had before.

Or maybe had once, two years ago, in a drunken haze.

It was the most perfect release and very soon he was gasping and moaning on top of her, ready to cum deep inside her.

Keeley gasped as he drove himself deeper into he, an almost sigh of pleasure passing her lips at the action of his body. Everything was magical in this moment. Together they could beat the impossible. She moved exactly how he wanted, leaning upwards to kiss him. Groaning as he kissed her neck and plunged back into her waiting body.

She giggled at him as he rubbed his beard on her face. The actions of his body, carefully planned to bring her the most torment/ She writhed and moaned beneath him, his tender words breaking over her like waves on the shore their little town overlooked. "I'm going to love you until my last breath and be the best wife you'll ever have... the only wife." She said against his neck.

Her head fell back a bit to gaze up at him as he began to slam into her. It wasn't like the other times... no. This was like their first night...

Her fingers stroked around his body to pull his chest and hers together as her lips savored the skin along his neck and just under his beard. She gently bit at his neck as she arched her hips up to meet his. It was a beautiful reminder of their first time, the night they made Maitlyn.

Keeley could feel he was ready to cum, her hips pressing harder and moving so she was rotating her pussy around him. "Cum for me..." She whispered hotly up towards his ears. She hadn't cum but she didn't need to, as much as he'd given her in the last few days. Besides, tonight was for him... at least, that was her take on it all.

He couldn't deny her, not the way she whispered her words, hot and needy, into his ear. He felt Keeley's breath on his face, her eyes fixed on his, and he came. Deep inside her. He felt his cock shake and shudder. In fact his whole body shook with effort and he let out an emotional gasp of relief, and release, before practically collapsing onto her.

"My only wife" he breathed, breathless, into the side of her neck as he burrowed against her, nuzzling for comfort. He slept fitfully that night, unwilling to let Keeley go from his grip, his brain aching and tired, tossing and turning over everything. He held her close, his hands pulling her back everytime she moved a little bit away from him. His affection vice-like.

He woke like a child, unsure of where he was, and bleary from sleep. He sat up in bed, noting the sleeping form next to him. The spray of Keeley's hair was across her bare back, a deliciously alluring sight, but Matt suddenly felt...unsure. Unsure of everything. She hadn't exactly lied but....

He stood, slipping out of bed so as not to wake her, and moved over to the bathroom. He turned on the shower, reveling in the cascade of warm water that gushed from the pipping, and stood under it. He stood there thinking, as the water warmed his tired limbs, about Keeley. And about Maitlyn. And the possibility that there was a second child. He frowned. He was only in his twenties, for Christ's sake! Was this right? But then again, he thought, leaning against the tiles, he had been so happy. So prepared to love Maitlyn as his own. But she was his own. Keeley had known and kept it from him for two years. If he hadn't come back, would he ever have known? How long would the lie have lasted? He shook his head. He loved Keeley but this was....earth-shattering. And in the cold light of morning he was all at sea in his mind about it.

He hadn't bothered to close the bathroom door and could see Keeley from the shower cubicle before he turned face-first into the jet of water. Still, he hadn't even thought about what it would be like for her to wake up alone after the revelation of the night before.

He came for her, her body so open to him and receptive of his seed. It was an emotional release for her, eyes spilling over tears of joy as they came together. Her mouth sough and found his, kissing him and giving her all to him in this pivotal moment.

Sleep was not good, each time she moved he was pulling her back into the position she just left and at one point he was practically on top of her. She finally got some sleep when she rested half on him and half on the bed. But it was not a long sleep because of Maitlyn.

It had only been afternoon so late evening the child woke wanting food, attention and Daddy. Keeley pulled the door closed to the bedroom, but the child insisted on yelling for him. They needed to go home, they need more room, and most of all, they needed each other. About one in the morning, Maitlyn drifted off to sleep.

Keeley had nursed her earlier so she was ready to sleep when she laid the little one down, stripped down and crawled into bed again beside him. He wasn't so clingy and sleep came easily, she wrapped up in the blankets and fell right to sleep.

Unaware of the turmoil going on inside her fiance, she slept on with a smile on her face as she stretched out in his bed. She woke the instant he left the bed, her smile fading as she rolled to see the look on his face as he climbed into the shower. What had she expected, him to just forgive and forget?

She felt like a fool, she should have known how he would react. This time it was up to her. She had a family to protect and well if he didn't want them then she would be fine without him. Dressing quickly she was able to silently pack her car, gather Maitlyn and leave a note.

Slipping off the beautiful ring she left it to hold the note down in the middle of the table and walked away.

'By the time you get this, we'll be gone. I won't let you run, instead I'll take the lead and get to stepping. I love you, Maitlyn loves you, but we understand that things come and things go, and some things aren't meant to be no matter how much we want them. We will heal and we will move on. Don't look for us, don't come for us. We don't need you coming into our lives and ruining it all, again.

I'm sorry. If I thought there was a better way you know I would have taken it. I'll send you pictures and keep you up to date on things in her life.

I'll always love you.
Keeley

PS: It was false, there is no other child.

It was a long shower. Matt had spent a very long time mulling things over until his fingers were wrinkled from the heat and the wet. Finally stepping out he toweled off his soaked hair and beard and stepped, in the buff, into the bedroom. To find her gone.

She was gone.

His mind shattered in that moment and he dropped the towel.

His thoughts came in pieces.

The empty bed.

The dripping of his wet body on the wooden floor.

The empty crib in the next room.

The bags gone.

His heart aching.

A note.

The ring.

He read it and the tears came, causing the ink to spider and splash across the page as he kept going. He didn't understand. Just didn't understand. Was this some sort of cruel joke? Or a mistake?

Or was this revenge? Was this some sort of calculated revenge on Keeley's part? To draw him in and then sting him, the way he had stung her by leaving, in exactly the same way? He couldn't believe it. Not of the Keeley he knew. But what was this about?

He dressed quickly, ripping one shirt in his haste and chucking it aside, and in minutes he was sprinting down the main street of Hammond's Cove. Seconds later his fist was pounding on Todd's door. McKenzie opened, carrying one of the kids. "Is she here?" he panted "Keeley is she?" The blank look on Kenzie's face told him she knew nothing and before she could even ask what the hell was going on he was on his heels again, running up the hill to her parents' house.

His heart beat so hard and so fast it felt like it was about to burst. He gasped for air. But he wasn't about to just let her slip through his grasp. Not her. And not Maitlyn. And not the other child. He didn't believe her postscript. Not for a split second. He was a churning mass of emotions as he pounded on the door of her parents' house until Mr Frayne opened it up.

"Is your daughter here Mr Frayne?" he said, his eyes wild with emotion, and the little man took a step back in surprise.

This was Matt's last chance. If Keeley wasn't here then God knows where she had gone.

She ran, like a fugitive. Straight to the Hampton's to her favorite aunt who wouldn't ask questions, same as the first time two years before. She turned off her phone and cried the entire way there, same as the last time. It was obvious he didn't want them and it was only a matter of time before he ran, she knew he would never trust her and even though he loved Maitlyn she would always think about that moment his father died. Good sex wouldn't carry them through to a healthy marriage, a hearty life and a secure future.

It lasted a week, well not really a week. Six long days of a screaming her head off Maitlyn, begging for her Daddy and crying her eyes out. It broke her heart each night. She would spend two long hours rocking her daughter as she fought sleep and cried herself to sleep asking for Matt. her own tears ran down her cheek. Her aunt was great and each night they sat and talked about Matt and Maitlyn and her future.

"Sweetheart, you're just a mess. And that baby, she is doing no better than you. It breaks my heart to hear her cry for him every night... so I know it's killing you." Aunt Dee said.

Keeley heard the ice clink in her glass and nodded, it was tiring. "I miss him, each inch of my skin misses him. I just don't want to look like an idiot if he runs again. I can't take it... I don't want to put her through this." She said softly.

"And you don't want to put the other baby through this too..." Her eyebrow rose when Keeley looked at her strangely. "That is why you are here, isn't it?" She asked.

Keeley shook her head, "No, I tested... there is no OTHER baby..." Her voice broke on a sob. She wanted another baby, another reason to go back to him. Another chance to make it all right.

This was the conversation she relived as she sat on Kenzie's couch. Maitlyn squalling, she had thought Uncle Todd was Matt, the instant she realized it she screamed at the top of her lungs. "I just can't do it anymore... I want to run to him but I'm scared he'll just shove me away... I can't do that... I can't do that to her." She sighed.

"And the test is positive this time?" Kenzie asked, bouncing Maitlyn on her knee. So far she'd kept Matt in the loop, even letting him know that Kelley was back in town. She wasn't sure he'd come over or if he even wanted to. .

"They go back and forth, positive, negative... I think it's too early to tell. I made a doctor appointment for tomorrow so I can find out for sure." She rubbed her belly and bit her lip.

"Is that what you think is best right now... a baby?" Todd piped in. "I think it will stress my brother out and make him run. We just lost our father, then he finds out you lied about Maitlyn and then you leave him. What now you're back and having his baby! I call bullshit! Leave my brother alone you little tramp. I even doubt Maitlyn is his, I think a blood test is in order!"

Keeley and Kenzie gasped, Maitlyn laughed and clapped her hands.

Before either female could respond Todd was opening the door. "I think you should leave, my brother needs stability and not... not whatever the hell this is." When she didn't move he yanked the door open and yelled at her. "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!"

Keeley, wide eyed and sobbing, ran from the house with Maitlyn screaming in her arms. She buckled the child into her car seat and slid behind the wheel. She didn't turn the car on, just sat there with the doors unlocked sobbing. Maitlyn doing the same in the back seat. This was a huge mess, a huge fucking and disturbed mess.

It was a week of....nothing. Of pain and of worry. Kenzie kept stopping by, informing him of Keeley's movements, but he came to dread every visit. Because he knew that, each day, she wasn't able to tell him what he wanted to hear. That Keeley was coming back to him. Towards the end of the week she stopped coming over, loathing the depressed silences and moody glances he gave her, and instead kept up her flow of no-news by text. Not that it mattered. She had nothing to say. He didn't mean to take it out on Kenzie but, really, she was the only Frayne girl there. So she was the unfortunate recipient of his sulking and brooding.

It had mainly been a week of busying himself in work, indulging in netflix, and reading the texts from Kenzie and the note from Keeley over and over and over. He knew them all off by heart. Not that it helped. It was also a lot of sleeping on the couch in front of the tv. He couldn't bring himself to go back to the bed. The bed that she had left.

Todd had dragged him out just once. On Wednesday night he was low, really low, and Kenzie had sent Todd over to take him to a bar. In turned out, though, that there was a hockey game on and the mixture of beer, sports, and a lack of spousal supervision meant that it was more of a break for Todd than it was for Matt. Unable to sit through another slurry tirade about how Keeley was a "total fucking bitch, y'know, always been so fucking stuck up", Matt had excused himself and headed for the bathroom.

It had been whilst he had been out of the room that it happened. Todd's eyes lingered on the busty brunette perched on the stool next to him. She was flicking through her i-pad contents idly, a bored look on her face.

"Thing'll turn ya blind" he'd said, trying to be cocky and charming.

She had turned, looked at his flushed face, his ring finger, and arched an eyebrow. As if he had stuck to the bottom of her high heel. "Tell me, buddy," she said, with a sarcastic emphasis on the term of familiarity, "Anything actually happen in your arse-end of a town? I'm a stringer for People Magazine...."

"Th'gossipy one" Todd slurred in at that point "My wife readsh that. Load a rumors and lies".

"Yeeeahhhhh" the woman said, clearly pissed off, "My car broke down and I'd hoped, at least, to find one little side column story in this backwater whilst I waited. Maybe something I could stick in page fourteen to get my editor off my back." She waved an annoyed hand. "But nada!"

"I don't know about page fourteen" Todd said, in a stage whisper, "but I got hot news for you". Ignoring the woman's incredulous scowl and his own conscience screaming at him to stop, the drink-fueled man continued. "See, my brother had this crush in high school and they had a one nig....."

The woman leaned in more and more intently as he poured out the story.

Matt returned, ten minutes later after having tried, and failed, to call Keeley from the bathroom to see Todd chatting with an attractive woman by the bar. He rolled his eyes. Bad enough he'd have to drive his brother home, but did he really have to prize him off some tart as well? As he drew
nearer the woman looked up.

"This your brother?" she asked. Todd nodded. She held up her i-pad and snapped a picture of him. "Sorr-ee" she trilled in a flirty voice "I have a blog about New England fashion and your brother was telling me about your amazing local-crafted jumpers! So 2016 in the making!"

Matt looked down at the jumper. It was an old maroon thing knitted by his Mom. It had a picture of an otter, or as close as his mother's rough needle-skills could come, on the front. He looked up puzzled but the girl was gone. He turned to Todd. "Uh...come on. Lets...lets get home" his brother mumbled.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!" Todd roared, as Keeley and Mait pushed past him. He stepped out onto the street after them. And froze. Splashed across the 12 am bus was a banner advert for PEOPLE Magazine. It was two photos flanking a big headline. One photo was of Keeley and Mait. The other was his brother in that otter sweater. And splashed between them were the words, in huge capitals, "My Highschool Crush Kept Two Pregnancies from Me!" He froze. As did Kenzie who had rushed out after him. As did Keeley looking up at the bus from the carseat.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!" screamed Kenzie, who knew a guilty husband when she saw one, "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!"

Across town Matt had just finished shaking the hand of the letting agent who was taking the shop-apartment back off him. He wasn't sure what the meeting with Keeley would bring today, or even if she would show up. He'd asked Kenzie to have her meet him at their bench on the headland. Kenzie would come and take Maitlyn if Keeley felt uncomfortable meeting with Matt on her own. He wasn't sure what the outcome would be, but a week without contact from her had left him feeling pretty hopeless. Selling the shop back to the agents was a good start whatever the upshot. If he and Keeley patched things out then good. If not then, really, his two reasons for staying in Hammond's Cove had left his life in one twenty-four hour slot. He hadn't made up his mind about Maitlyn yet but...

He looked up and saw....Maitlyn. He frowned. Her face was as big as a manhole cover, grinning out at him. In Keeley's arms....Then he realised it was a picture. A huge picture, copied from her facebook profile, on...the...side of a bus....and...he was there.....looking confused....and the....ca...pt....io....n

The cup of coffee he was holding dropped to the floor and shattered over the tiles as he stared in horror at the passing bus. Then he took off at a run towards Todd's house.

Keeley started her car and was preparing to take off when a passing bus caught her attention. Matt in a silly sweater peered at her from the side of the bus. Maitlyn squealed, "DADDY!" Barely processing the words she cut the engine and clamored from the vehicle in time to hear her sister scream at Todd.

She felt sick to her stomach, is that what Matt and Todd thought of her? Did they think she was a liar and kept Maitlyn from him? That she would keep another child from him as well? Her stomach retched and she threw up in the grass strip between her car and the sidewalk.

"I did what fucking needed to be done. No one messes with the Browning's and gets away with it!" Todd said sipping his beer smugly.

Kenzie knocked the can from his hand, it hit the porch and rolled. "No, you jack ass. Does Matt know about this?"

Todd picked up his beer and downed the remaining contents, "He does now!" He pointed to the lanky figure running down the street towards them.

Kenzie scrambled off the porch to help her sister. Maitlyn still screaming for her Daddy from inside the vehicle. "Why did Matt and Todd do this... I didn't.. I didn't mean to keep Maitlyn..." Her eyes lifted as Matt came into view.

Kenzie was getting Maitlyn out of the car when she saw him. Maitlyn too, kicking and fighting to get to the man she knew as Daddy. "No... no!" Keeley said grabbing Maitlyn. "I can't believe you would do something so low... so underhanded and cruel." She gestured in the direction of the bus. Maitlyn still squalling.

"Keel... Keel... Matt had nothing to do with this. It was Todd." Kenzie said.

"And you believe him? Siblings stick together... you of all people know that." Keeley said, struggling with Maitlyn.

Matt almost barreled into all four of the struggling figures. Two Frayne girls, bright red hair seemingly aflame with passion, Todd lurching, half triumphant, half mortified and all drunk. And Maitlyn. Little Maitlyn. Screaming for him. Pounding her fists on the glass. On her Aunt. On her Mother. And Keeley's face. He had never seen such wild desperation and pain.

"STOP"

He screamed the word. Filling Hammond's Cove with his voice. Everything froze. Passersby stopped moving. The sisters stopped struggling. Todd staggered back against the wall of his house. Even the air seemed to stand still, stopped in its tracks.

Only Maitlyn seemed to move in Matt's panicked vision. Her little fists uncurled. Her tiny fingers wiggled. And her face shone. "Daddy" she said, softly now, reaching for him. And slowly, as if in a dream, he reached over and lifted her from the two women's hands. Up, into his arms, her tiny fingers reaching for his beard.

"Notter" she said, prodding the poorly but lovingly sewn creature on his chest.

"That's right darling" he said softly. "Notter". And he kissed her curly head as she giggled. He knew in that moment he would not give her up. Whatever happened with Keeley he loved Maitlyn too much.

He looked at the three adults. They still seemed frozen. "Inside" he said, strangely zen, and they followed him in. They all gathered in Kenzie and Todd's living room. All four of them, forming a little square on the carpet. He placed Mait in the armchair.

He couldn't look at Keeley. Not yet. Too many things to do. He looked instead at Todd, his face still flushed with triumph.

"Sorry about this doofus" he said softly.

"Wh...." Todd didn't even finish the sentence before his brother's fist connected soundly with his jaw. He slumped, grabbing his face, into the couch.

"Holy shit that hurt" Matt said, time seemingly unfreezing as he shook out his aching hand.

"Matthew Patrick Shelley Browning!" said a shocked voice from the door and his mother, scowling, strode across the room. "Don't you rough-house with your brother here!" She flicked his face with her finger, something she did when they were small squabbling kids, and he winced. Even though she'd had to stand on tiptoes to do it. Keeley's parents filled the corridor behind her.

The three grandparents moved almost as one into the room, collected up Todd and Kenzie and Maitlyn and ushered them out of the room. They closed the door behind them. His mother, turning, scowled one final time.

"You fix this, the two of you. I'll not see my grandchild paraded through town on a bus unless she's May Pageant Queen. Do you hear me?"

"Yes ma" he murmured, all of thirteen for a moment, and she closed the door.

He was alone with Keeley. She looked like a cross between a deer and a lioness. Ready either to skitter away or to pounce on him.

"I've missed you".

It was all he could say. The distance between them seemed....insurmountable....despite being only a few feet of faded carpet.

Keeley froze with her sister, watching as Matt gently retrieved their daughter. The moment was beautiful, she wanted to freeze it in time and keep it forever. Her tiny finger touched the animal on the front of his sweater. She knew in this instant, the child she'd raised on her own could be lost forever. The only thing Keeley provided was breast milk at the moment. Her heart clenched and she turned her body into her sister's.

Inside they traipsed, all in a row. Keeley sinking to the couch, pale and withdrawn. Only moving when the violence started. Shielding their daughter from the boys, sitting on the carpet before her. Her eyes watched him, taking in the pissed off look in his eyes. It was clear he knew nothing about the advertisement. Maitlyn clapped her hands and yelled, "SHIT!"

Keeley's mouth opened but nothing came out. And rightfully so an actual adult stepped in. Forgotten was the fight and she held back a laugh. His full name, it was something he was teased for a lot of the time. She loved the names, they suited him. For a moment, she'd forgotten she was pissed off at him. Not until her own mother pulled Maitlyn out of her arms.

"DADDY!" She cried. "Notter! Notter!" She could be heard hollering from the porch where her grandmother held her to her chest, trying in vain to comfort her.

It was deathly quiet in their house, she wondered where the kids were but didn't say anything. She wrapped her arms around her middle and stared at her feet. She honestly missed him too. "I missed you too... I've been sick with worry and Maitlyn... she's been crazy without you."

Lifting her sad eyes to him she looked him over, they both looked pathetic. "I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow... I never lied to you... for you to tell Todd and him to tell whoever... that's crass and just low... I don't deserve this treatment." She bit her lip. "I ran before you could have the pleasure of it... I saw the look on your face when you left the bed... Nothing I can do will ever allow you to forgive me. I know this, but I don't need my name drug through the mud too."

Her eyes were so hurt. So full of pain and emotion that he just wanted to die. Wanted the ground to open up and swallow him whole. He paused, not knowing what to say. All he could hear was his heart beating and Maitlyn squaking for him from the front porch. For them.

He gulped. Throat dry.

He didn't know what to say. What to feel. Should he feel guilty? Angry? Ashamed?

All he felt was love. Love for this woman who had burned him so very badly just now. As he, inadvertently, had burnt her two years before.

"Why Keeley?" he said in a small voice "Why just go? Are you really able to stand there and tell me you were able to so precisely read my face? That my expression left you with no other choice? Why not wait and talk an...." he ran a hand through his hair. "I'd just lost my Dad Keeley. I needed you. I wasn't going to run....I could barely manage without you. I needed you. And YOU ran. It was...was like being hit by a freight train I....." a tear trickled down his cheek.

"And that thing on the bus...." he shook his head. "You know how shy I am....That couldn't have been me. Wouldn't have been me. I'd hoped you think better of me than that".

"You were gone. Just...gone. Like you'd vanished from my life. Faded away like mist on the morning sun. Gone forever. With....with our child".

It felt strange to say that out loud.

"I love you Keeley Frayne" he said, tears bold on his cheeks now as he stared at her from across the carpet. "I adore you. I worship the ground you walk upon. I don't need to forgive you. I just need you to let me love you".

He wanted to close the gap, to step over to her, but he couldn't. He was trapped in place. He just looked at her with pleading eyes.

She turned her head, unable to look at him. Had she really done this out of spite? Walk away with Maitlyn and leave him. She nodded, "It was the same look on your face when you went to the showers two years before. An eye opening, heart shattering honesty that I knew I couldn't deal with again. I panicked... She's so attached to you and it's been less than a month." She said wiping her hands on her jeans.

"I can't... I won't put her through that... I won't put any of my children through that..." She said softly. "You needed time to process, to mourn and you cant do that with us under your feet." She buried her head in her hand, she couldn't bear to see him cry. She wanted to go to him, hold him and tell him everything would be alright. But, she didn't know if everything would be alright.

"I could kill Todd..." She said, muffled in her hands. He was right, she'd been gone and wanted to vanish. No, it wasn't as punishment for those years before... it was to spare her the embarrassment of facing the same thing down the road. Already one child was there, they didn't need a second one adding to their stress, although it looked just like that.

"I wasn't gone forever, I just needed time and so did you. Things were out of control. I should have told you about Maitlyn the instant you came back... but I couldn't and I didn't want to. I wanted to protect her." She sighed and looked up at him. "God, you don't know how many times I tried and failed to tell you. It ate me up."

She couldn't take it anymore, crawling across the carpet she rubbed her fingers on his eyes and dried his tears. "I love you too, and that is why this hurt so much more. I'm trying to do what's best... but I don't know what that is anymore. I don't know If I can let you just love me... I'm a mess and apparently I want to hurt those I love."

She shook her head. Maitlyn had settled, only babbling for Daddy. "I'm scared Matt, I'm scared I'm pregnant again, I'm scared I will lose you and I'm scared I'll disappoint you. I can't live up to the girl you worshipped, I'm not her."

"It was a lot to take in" he murmured, watching her face, his own burning with emotion. He could see her point but.... "You should have stayed Keeley. Stayed to talk about it. I...I...."

Then she was crawling across the carpet, sea-green eyes awash with bright tears. Her breath came in little hiccups, her chest heaving. Tears were darkening the top she was wearing, and splashing onto his jeans, as she pulled herself up to where he was sitting. Kneeling between his legs, their heads level as he leaned forward in the chair to come together with her.

Her fingers, ever-so-small, were on his face. He closed his eyes, weary, surrendering to her touch. It was...calming. Exquisite. He had yearned for it all week and to just have her fingertips pressed to his cheek was magical to Matt. He let out a ragged sigh of relief.

She was trying to push him away, despite their foreheads pressing against each other, trying to let him down gently with her words.

"No...no Keeley no...no...no...no....no" he said, his words clashing with hers. He sounded like Maitlyn, not that he cared at that moment. Keeley was his entire world. "No".

He cupped her face in gentle palms. "No Keeley. Don't do it. Don't. I can't let you leave. You know what I decided in that shower? You know what you would have heard if you'd waited?" He stroked her cheek at that, making it clear he wasn't criticizing her. "You'd have seen me come out of that bathroom with a huge grin on my face, slide into bed with you and make mad, passionate love. Again and again and again. All morning. Until our oldest child wanted us. Then we'd have got her up together, fussed over her, and taken her on the trip to the Doctor's." He ran a hand through her hair, his other thumb wiping a tear from the end of her freckled nose. "Don't you dare tell me that girl I loved is gone, Keeley Frayne, because she's been in Hammond's Cove this whole time. Yes things have changed, our lives are so confusing that they've made some sort of local drama, but the way I feel for you, for Maitlyn, for the two of you. That hasn't changed".

"Please Keeley" he pleaded "Don't shut me out. I need you. I love you".

Her eyes teared up, more spilling over her tanned and freckled cheeks as he pulled a perfect Maitlyn. It made her heart yearn even more for him, which was a bad thing and she wanted to pull away from him more. She wasn't the same girl he'd fallen in love with years before. She tried being that girl and had once again seen the rejection in his eyes that morning. She couldn't handle it.

Guilty eyes flitted up over his face, she swallowed hard. His hands felt good on her face, tilting her head into his gentle hands as her tears fell. She nodded, slightly. No, she didn't... she was certain it would have been him telling her he couldn't do this... that he couldn't be the man she needed him to be for their child and possible children. That he was overwhelmed and couldn't handle it. That was what she thought she would hear if she stuck around.

She sobbed, her shoulders shaking as he told her what she'd missed out on. It was sweet and something she would have loved to hear. However, she didn't believe it, not a word. the look on his face when he left his bed that morning was the same he had when he left it the first time. She couldn't relive that hurt, the pain he'd caused her then. She turned her face away from his hand, his touch.

She stood, slowly. "No... Matthew... you just think you are in love with me. I want your love, the love you would give me if Maitlyn wasn't in the picture. Not the guilty kind of love you feel because she is in the picture."She said softly, wrapping her arms around her self to ward off the sense of safeness he made her feel when she was near him.

"You think it is your duty to love me, that you are doing the right thing by marrying me." She said walking a few steps back, "It isn't." She swallowed hard, barely looking at him, "That is why I kept Maitlyn to myself. I... I love you so much. Too much to rob you of your choice of choosing me... I wanted the love I have felt for you since I was 12 to be returned to me and... and I saw the fear on your face a week ago. And two years before that... they are one and the same... I couldn't live with myself."

She was crying and sobbing, tears running down the gentle swell of her freckled cheeks, and he wanted to rush to her. To take her in his arms and hold her until it all went away.

But he couldn't. Her words were stinging him, pushing him away. They made no sense. Could she really feel this way? Could see really mean to push him away, to deny how he felt about her, on the basis of his expression?

"Don't the past two weeks mean anything?" he said, desperate now, his voice cracking. His own tears were pricking the corners of his eyes. He studied the pattern of the worn carpet between them, willing the distance to close and them to be able to hold each other, but unable to force his awkward limbs to obey.

"Keeley please..." he gestured wildly with his hands, panic and fear of losing her heavy in his heart. "Keeley. You are my choice. I didn't come back out of duty. I didn't...." he paused, trying frantically to find the right words.

He sucked in a ragged breath of air, watching the little woman wrap her own arms around her protectively. Her eyes didn't meet his but he knew, for the moment, she was listening.

"When I first met you in the High Street I just wanted things to not be awkward. Nothing more. But then you came over to the opening and you were so...gorgeous. And feminine...and sparkling. I...I fell in love with you all over again. I know you're not the same girl as before. I'm not the same guy next door. We've changed. Its been two years. But is it really so hard to believe that I could fall in love with you in two weeks? That I could come to love the woman I met in the street that day with her child?"

He tried to catch her eye. "Tell me you can't believe that. That if you put Maitlyn, our past, all of our connections to one side, that if you and I had been strangers that day we wouldn't have ended up in bed together a few nights later. If you can look me in the eye and tell me that wouldn't have happened, that I couldn't have fallen in love with you as a man loves a woman, I'll leave right now and I won't bother you again".

It was a desperate gamble, one final roll of the dice, but it was all Matt had left. One last try to hold onto the woman he loved.

She couldn't stop the tears from falling or her heart from breaking. She heard the pain in his voice and felt it all the more inside her tiny body. She loved this man with all her heart and no matter what she did she was afraid of losing him. The past few weeks were amazing, waking up in his arms, sleeping in his arms, being a little family. But, it was all for naught since he didn't know that Maitlyn was even his until the end. The end which had been crushed in a single look.

"Don't leave..." It was all she could say, it was so soft that she was afraid he hadn't heard her even say it. "Please, don't leave..." Her eyes lifted to his. Still she stood in the middle of the floor. her body trembling for fear of pushing him away. She couldn't live with herself if she pushed him away and didn't allow him and Maitlyn the chance to bond.

It wasn't a matter of steps, but a matter of seconds before she was in his lap. Head buried in the crook of his neck and her arms wrapping around him, holding him tightly to her. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry. I love you so much... so very much and I can't do any of this without you. I shouldn't have walked away... or ran away. I should have stayed and talked instead of running out on you. But, I couldn't... the past came out of no where and urged me into action."

"Just hold me and tell me you forgive me... for all of it. Maitlyn and leaving... please." She stuttered against his neck.

His arms ached for her. But he said nothing. Just held her. Held her for the longest moment, letting her sob into his neck. It was catharsis. Pure and simple. There were tears on his cheeks, mingling with hers, dripping onto her hair as she shifted her small frame against him. Forgive. There was nothing to forgive. Would she never realise that? No matter. In that moment Matt Browning swore he would spend his entire life proving to Keeley that she had nothing to be forgiven for.

Gently, but with a strong insistent edge, he slid an arm under the crook of her legs. He saw Keeley shift, her blood-shot eyes look at him questioningly, and said nothing. Just pressed his lips to her forehead in a calming gesture. Then he stood. He had her in his arms. Cradled the small frame of his fiance against him. Felt her slender form curl against him. He held her for a moment, letting her adjust, and then began to walk.

Matt walked out of the room, past the confused and anxious faces of relatives, past his mother who met his eyes and cradled Maitlyn to her and began to whisper about spending the night with all three grandparents, and passed Todd and Kenzie. He carried Keeley in his arms, out of the Frayne house, down the whitewashed steps of the porch they had spent hours on together, and down the crazy paving of their garden path.

One leg, then another, and he was over their whitewashed fence, unable to fiddle with the little waist-high gate. Then he was walking the few short yards to the Browning house. The door was open, his mother clearly having rushed over to see what was happening, and he stepped inside. Carried Keeley across the threshold. The hall carpet was soft beneath his shoes. The staircase squeaked as he carried her up the stairs slowly, one at a time, kissing her head with each little jolt of a step. She must know where they were now. Where he was headed.

He pushed open the door, edged them in, and crooked it closed with a foot.

The ceiling was hung with model airplanes, suspended from the ceiling with fishing cord. Charts and maps and plans covered the walls like haphazard wall paper. Cut from magazines and photocopied from books and brought back from holidays and hand drawn. All except the wall by the bed. This was covered in dozens of photographs of four young people. Two girls and two boys. In some, arranged in the centre, it was just one boy and one girl.

Matt sat onto his bed, kicking off his shoes, and finally brought Keeley to rest on top of him. They lay there, on his childhood bed, and he stroked her hair.

"I love you" was all he said, green eyes on sea green eyes. "I love you".

She took his silence as forgiveness, he held her and together their tears flowed. It was a release of everything they each held in and feared. Soon he was up, her questioning look was not answered, but she really didn't need it to be. This was the man she loved and trusted with her entire being. Her body curled and conformed to his, arms looping around his neck as he held her. Maitlyn didn't yell for Daddy, just a soft "No" as they passed.

Her breasts ached but she would be fine. It was when they were in the yard she knew where they were. A house she'd been to, many times. Up the stairs they went, a smile gracing her lips as his pressed to her forehead with each step. By the time he was to the top she was laughing. His room was their destination, though she wasn't sure why.

Many times she'd wanted to climb in his bed with him and force herself on him... knowing now, if she had things would have been much better. But the past was gone, they had the future to look forward to. She was glad his room never changed, Todd had half naked girls and cars plastered to his ceiling... but Matt had maps.

She settled on him, she wore jeans and a soft tee, she moved to kick off her shoes and looked at the pictures covering his wall. Their faces all smiling back at her. He did love her. Her gaze shifted to meet his. "I love you too." She smiled softly, "Do you know how many times I wanted to crawl into this bed with you and say that?" She asked him softly. "I have missed you so much."

He leaned back into the pillow, sighing contentedly as she settled onto him. "You have no idea how often I dreamed about you climbing into bed with me as a teenager" he chuckled, stroking the small of her back with a lazy hand. "No idea. Although, I doubt I'd have known what to do as a teenaged boy".

Their younger selves looked down on them from the wall, waving and smiling and laughing. He pointed one out. "Do you remember that concert in Boston? Kenz and Todd wanted to go and dragged us along. I don't know why. Clearly they just wanted to make out the whole way there and back. But you wore this amazing green dress that you had from dancing in that Summer Fair thing. And you wore one of my leather jackets over it." He chuckled at the memory. He really had been one for leather jackets. Glad that phase had passed. "You looked so beautiful. Do you remember what you said to me on the drive home? With Kenzie and Todd pretending not to be making out in the back seat and us in the front listening to the radio?" he paused, interested to know if one of his fondest flashes of memory had stuck in her mind also.

"I missed you ever so much" he admitted, guessing it was obvious. "I love and adore you. Come back to me. Live with me again. Lets make new memories together. Turn over a fresh page."

He craned his head in, pressing a kiss to her lips, whilst his hand wandered southwards to the delicious curve of her ass. "Although....I don't suppose you fancy showing me precisely what I missed out on back then do you?" he teased. His hand cupped her buttocks, squeezing tenderly, before wandering up to run a finger along the waistband of the jeans. He wanted her now, suddenly. Wanted to take her tenderly in this bed. Wanted a new, fresh memory that had nothing to do with their past. Just two people making out together. Matt and Keeley.

"I'm sure you would have figured it out... I didn't exactly know what to do either. You were my first... my only.." She said softly. Happily following along in his flow of words. She remembered the concert and the dress and his leather jacket. He'd offered it and she gladly accepted. "I don't remember, I think I was trying to get up the courage to make out with you... but that never worked out."

She blushed, her head lifting to look down at him from her perch on his chest. "Why don't we, live with our parents and look for our own place. We will find out tomorrow how much room we'll need.." She said lifting her ass to press into his hand.

She nodded at him, his hands on her body was something she craved. "I want to... I have missed the way you feel and the way you touch me, your skin on my skin and the way you kiss me.. all of that." She rose up on her knees, straddling his thigh as she lifted the shirt over her head. No bra, only bare skin. She lifted his hand to trace her ribs and on up to cup her breast.

"I only want you tonight in this bed, no rush and no running away. We can take a shower together in the morning and then make breakfast together or head over to my parents house for breakfast with Maitlyn." She fingers stroked his chest and lifted his shirt up to his neck as she dropped to place soft kisses on his skin. Little nips and licks of her tongue mingled with the little kisses she dropped on his flesh.

She had remembered. His heart filled with joy.

Then she was on top of him, tugging off her little cotton t-shirt, and as those magnificent breasts came into view, nothing else mattered for Matt. Now was just the time for he and Keeley. She guided his hands along her smooth curves, and he smiled lovingly up at her. He loved the way she allowed herself to relax around him when it came to her body. When they had first slept together, after his return to the Cove, she had been nervous of her figure, anxious of the soft curves motherhood had given her. But he adored them. His hands met her breasts, cupping the tender flesh, and instinctively his fingers and thumbs toyed with her nipples.

"I want you" he replied "I want you in this bed and I want you in the shower and I want you making breakfast in only my old shirt. He took her hands and placed them on the hem of his jumper, lifting off the bed to allow her to tug it off his frame. He had nothing on underneath and he pulled her back in for more kisses, reveling in the feel of her breasts pressing against the muscles of his chest. His hands caressed her back, tracing the line of her spine down to the waist of her jeans, and then traveled inwards around her hips.

He was hard now, pressing against her crotch with his own, shifting slightly as they dry humped each other and made out. But it wasn't the frantic carelessness of teenagers. It was loving and careful. Every movement savored and enjoyed to the full. He broke the kiss, letting her sit up a little, and his fingers were on the buttons of her jeans. They came apart teasingly slowly, his teeth nibbling his lip in frustration as he watched her eyes for reaction. "Lets make love" he said, running his hands up and down her thighs with careful attention, stroking her affectionately as he waited for the inevitable shift in position that would be needed to get their trousers off. "I..." he flushed, sounding like a corny rom-com. "I want to remember how you feel and how you taste and how you breath all over again."

Her nipples leaked as he worked them to stiff peaks. She smiled down at him, all those places and more. Keeley knew she could fulfill that entire list easily enough. Sighing in satisfaction as his hands began to move all over her. She knew she was adored and the nerves of their first time was long behind her. It had been over a month of them frolicking in between the sheets.

Her soft breasts pressed to his hard chest, leaving a bit of a milky trail. He didn't seem to mind and she felt him hard beneath her. Her hips rocked herself on him, not in a frantic horny teen way. But in a slow, sensual "I want to blow your mind" adult like way.

She slid her hands along his chest, to his stomach as she sat up. Her own fingers toying with the waist band of his pants. She mirrored his actions, slipping the button through the hole and tugging at the zipper. Her lips curled up in a smile as he suggested they make love. She nodded and slowly began to shift her body off the bed so she could remove her jeans. His hands caressing her through the fabric felt good.

His words paused her. "I know exactly what you mean..." She said, finally standing and tugging at her pants and panties. Both leaving her body so she was bare. Her sandals were at her sisters place, though she was certain her parents took them when they took Maitlyn home. Keeley helped Matt when she finished. Her lips pressing a kiss to the flared head of his cock as she sat on the edge of the bed, him standing.

He was already hard, but she wanted him to know she loved doing this for him. Her tongue flicked along his length as she ran her nails along his thighs and around to his ass cheeks. Hoping to stoke the fire in him like he had in her.

He felt her little fingers on his belt and buttons, chuckling as her actions copied his. "Little copy-cat" he grinned, rubbing his nose to hers and kissing her lips tenderly. "Little devil". He was free and clear of his underpants within seconds, his hard cock bobbing at the soft brushing of her fingers, and he felt a thrill of excitement run through his body. He wanted her so very badly.

Matt groaned as she flicked her tongue along the length of his shaft. He was already hard, desperately so, for Keeley, but now his cock jerked and stiffened still further as she began to tease him.

He reached down, brushing her hair from her face, looking down at those teasing sea-green eyes as she began to suck on his shaft. He guided her head gently, hand nestled in her soft hair, as she worked on him. He felt his toes curl on the carpeted floor and shuddered. For someone who had never had another sexual partner she really was incredible. He was aching for her, the tip of his cock seeping a little pre-cum onto her tongue, and he let out a low sighing groan of pure pleasure.

He didn't know if she wanted to just toy with him, to get him aroused, or intended to work him to climax with her sweet little mouth but he was more than willing to find out.

She felt his fingers in her hair as she opened her mouth and began to suck on his cock. Her eyes flitted up to meet his, a loving gaze. Keeley felt him guiding her, gentle fingers in her hair as he let her use her mouth to provide him with pleasure. His flavor coated her tongue causing her to moan.

His sounds were music to her ears, so she repeated the same action. Drawing her lips around his head harder, her tongue flicking over the head of him. It wasn't that she was incredible, she was just in tune with him. Keeley was a Matt expert and if she re cognized that he liked it she repeated it.

Her hands stroked his thighs and gripped at his ass to pull him in towards her as she worked. Her little tongue stroking over as much of him as she could as she bobbed her head on him. She wasn't sure what she wanted as an end result, however, she did know she wanted to bring him pleasure and that was the only goal she had in mind for him.

When her jaw became tired, she simply stroked him and placed soft kisses on his stomach, thighs and along his cock. Her aim was to please him fully, to make up for her running away and to prove to him that she had no intentions of ever leaving again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom