Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Love of Emerald Isle

Kikora

Banned
Banished
Kaura finished the last of her morning chores, one of the few tasks the lady of the house asked of her in exchange for her stay. Appropriately enough for her species, she was put in change of tending the gardens, a simple task for her that she enjoyed.

She straightened with a smile, looking at each blossom. She was finding the Irish home a dream, beautiful enough to steal her breath away when she paused long enough to look.

It took just moments to put away her gardening tools and brush the dust from her skirt, carefully adjusting it before grabbing a basket to head into town. She wanted to do some shopping before it grew dark, and the sun was well past it's highest point. Kaura gave a sigh, and pulled out a low hat, plopping it on her head as she set into town. The dark hat sat low enough on her to hide the pointed tips of her ears, the deceptice shadow helping to disguise the slight slant of her green eyes. Elves were beyond rare in this country, paticularly her breed, and she learned months ago that she could avoid unwanted attention by hiding her Elvish features.

She walked the way, through the thickened woods surrounding Madam Enya's mansion, into the town below. There were faster and easier ways to travel, but she prefered the calm walk, even if it took far longer.

Derrick shifted through the fores "Well, twas quite a haul it seems" he mused to himself as he threw a jingling bag of coin into the air. He was a rogue a... provider of services (for an afforodable price t'be shure) and he had just made quite the deal with a Client... not that the client was too well of for it. His his blue eyes closed, a hand running through jet black hair as he walked the quiet forest path... noting the approaching footsteps he stiffened slightly, but relaxed when he saw their owner, a slight thing and not at all a threat.

"Gmonring to ya lass" he said with a bright smile "And what brings ya out t'these neck of the woods"

Kaura blinked as she saw a man walking long the same path as her. An eyebrow rose as she watched him quietly for a moment. She wondered what the human male was doing in this forest. The path led up to her Ladies home, which most people did not go to visit. "Good evening to you sir." She said in her elegant Elvish tone. Most humans couldn't place it she knew, and faking the irish accent was simply silly on her tongue. "I am heading into the town. May I ask what you might be doing here?"

"Just travelling fair lass" he said as he took a bow, smiling at her as he walked a little close, synching step with her. "And we shure don't have many o' your kind round these part" he added, noting her accent (It pays to know who and what you are talking to, t'beshure). "And what brings you down this path lass?"

Her eyes widened a fraction as he hinted that she knew she wasn't human. It was not as though he knew, but it was suggestive enough all the same. "I am a charge of my lady Enya." She said cautiously, pausing in her steps for a moment to raise an arched eyebrow at him. "And might I ask, sir, what do you take me for?"

He continued to walk "I take ya' for some company on this lonely path" he said simply "But if I'm to be such a burden I can go my own way" he added, padding along as he hummed a tune to himself.

She shook her head slightly. "I do not mind company, Sir, but were you not heading up, and I down?" She asked, starting her walk again. "Though, you never answered my question, what do you take me for?" She brushed her hat up slightly, watching him as she passed, her angular eyes watching his every movement.

"And I replied Lass, Your good Company" he said as he walked with her "Tis it such a crime to desire a gab on the the way to town?" he asked "And what do you take m'for?" he asked in return, ears pricked for movement

"It is no crime to wish for company along the path." Kaura responded evenly, ducking her head slightly as she pushed the cap down once again. He was avoiding answering her question, which was well enough on its own. "Now now, you said you do not see many of my ind around this town. Is it such a crime todesire to know what you meant?"

"I meant the elf's lass, you have the tone of their kin" he said simply "Not that I mind, I find they tend to be quicker on the uptake... much more fun" he said as he flicked a coin and caught it "I can see why you keep a low profile though"

Both of her brows rose slightly, and she openly stared for a moment before tilting her chin up and sighing softly as they went. "You have a quick ear to place my accent so quickly." She admitted at last. "Not many humans hear it, certainly not often enough to know it so very quickly." She watched him out of the corner of her eye for a moment, thinking. "And how do you know of my people, sir?"

"I've travelled t'world" he said simply "As you can tell I aint from round these parts" he said with a smirk "I traveled with some of your kind when moving through the grand forests" he chuckled softly "It pays to know about people you meet, so I learn fast" he added

"My people do not meet many outsiders." She laughed. "Perhaps you met a side species and ours is close enough that our accents are simular." She flashed him a quick smile, amusement on her face, "I does indeed pay to learn the people you meet. I am Kaura Vertae, may I ask you name, sir?"

"Derrick" he said simply "Just Derrick" he chuckled "I know, it took me a week and alot of coin to even get to talk, let alone agree safe passage" he said as he walked "Then again I probably didn't leave the best impression"

"Derrick." She said with a smile. "If it was my people you conversed with, it might be for the best. I fear they can be quite stubborn and arrogant. It is best to cut ties when you can." They emerged from the forest, and Kaura smiled up at the suns warm rays for a moment, sighing softly. "Would you like to join me in town?"

"Eh you get a few drinks in em they tend to calm down... they can't hold em though" he mused with a grin "Twould be a pleasure" he said as he offered her his arm, matching step with her once more

She laughed. "Obviously were not working with out Elders." She told him, and raised a sharp brow at his arm before walking his his side, both hands on the basket in front of her. "With any luck I wont meet any more travelers, I do not want word getting out that there is a mythical Elf in town."

"Mythical maybe, though Im sure you get more attention for your looks lass" he said with a chuckle, slipping a hand into hi pocket as they walked

Kaura laughed at the one, "Yes, I suppose that might be true." She said with a shake of her head. "Life outside my village is quite different than I am accustomed to, and I find human men are far too tactless in their affections for my taste." Her smiled died off a bit as she shook her head slightly. "I would not want to tack anything else onto that, or risk having someone try to claim me as a prize to be won."

He chuckled "Tack away" he said "To call a woman a prize is to show how little you understand about them" he said with a wry smile

"Is that so?" She questioned, "Perhaps you are right, but I do not think I would like to find out. There is much at stake with my identity, and I would not risk it for the sake of romance." She stayed silent for a moment, as if in thought, gazing up at the sky with a distant expression as she considered. Certainly her experiences iwith human men were... Less than positive to say the least, but she was already being poked at at the mansion for her views on sexuality.

He raised a brow "Then what if your identity is already compromised with that person?" he inquired with a curious expression "Surely with that man there is nothing to lose then"

"Perhaps." She said still looking off distantly before shaking herself slightly. "Perhaps not." She looked over at him, smiling warmly for a moment. "It would depend on the man I suppose, but to be honest I do not think so."

He raised a brow "Well tis your choice" he said as he walked with her "So tell me about yourself" he stated, letting his hands rummage around in his pockets before relaxing, obviously holding something important

She smiled, grateful he didn't push the issue, and gave him another bright smile, usually rare for her, but he seemed to coax them out often enough. She noticed him clutching something but shrugged it off, not pressing that issue. "There is not much to tell, Derrick, You know already I am an Elf, and obviously not too typical to be living with humans." She smiled. "Think of me as a researcher, or perhaps a rebel. Either way, I do not hold much love from the leaders of my village either."

Back
Top Bottom