Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Moving Again!

Vekseid

Most imposing inkwell.
Administrator
A few hours before this posting, the server reached a load of 32 as it thrashed swap.

In non-technical terms, this server is no longer big enough for both Blue Moon and Elliquiy.

I just purchased another package to host Blue Moon and other forums on. That means three things.

First, I would like to thank the people who have supported Blue Moon financially. It's a great help when people support the place and the community here. Again, send me a private message if you want to find out how to donate or create a subscription.

Second, I am going to be actively looking for trustworthy people who are technically inclined - or wish to be - to handle the other sites on this server (Blue Moon Roleplaying, Lunar Radiance, World Enough and Time, Personal Role Playing, and Sex is Normal) from a technical standpoint. Obviously, the right of first refusal goes to the appropriate staff of said communities, but (particularly with SIN), I do need to offload some of this work.

Third, since these sites will no longer share a machine with Elliquiy, I am not going to be so blindly paranoid - and will be open to selling accounts on the server, for people who want web hosting and would like to support Elliquiy, Blue Moon, etc. financially in the mean time. Note that you will, explicitly, be hosting on a server with adult content (duh).

----

The move itself is going to be largely transparent, but may disrupt things for a few days for some people. It won't be for a bit since I want to spend some time familiarizing myself with the new distro and cPanel (want to learn them to get over some potential employer worries that I don't know CentOS -_-)

Thank you for your attention.

It's reached 54 since then at times... anyway.

Roughly two hours after I make this post, the site here will be going down, and I will be moving this to the new server. Lunar Radiance and other sites will follow.

After that's up and running and I fix some issues, Trygon will have nearly complete control over there, though he's still learning the basics of how all of this works. Since it too has a dedicated IP address, I can just point to the IP over there from the site here, and it should be all good.

If you can see this, you're on the new server.

Going to be quite slow until the search index is built. Also, tweaking cPanel is new for me so some things may be jittery after that.

cPanel is 'tarded. How do people live with this?

Anyway, it's handling fastCGI horribly, will try to fix it prontosauce.

Back
Top Bottom