Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

School Rumble (Broom and I)

Jana shrugged effortlessly, turning to leave. He could snip at her all she wanted, he did it to himself and now he was just feeling miserable that he figured out he was getting played. There were more important things at stake here than hurt feelings. A Cockroach wasn't expected to see that, perhaps he wasn't as smart as she thought. Oh well, she'd just take a backseat to this one, anyway.
--

"She was going to get Justin set up in the Interrogation Room, Number 3," Adam said, handing her a manila folder. It was surprisingly thick. "Here's some ammo," Adam murmured, scratching his cheek. "...It's not much, actually..." he admitted. "Kid seems to be in all the wrong places at the very best times, started back when he was in middle school, even. Back when South and East were still figuring out terms for their Alliance, just about every single big problem we've had...he's been around. He's been questioned multiple times, but he's never gotten anything dirty...he's been around the block, Mei. Chances are, he's got some good friends that might not be excited about this...be careful." Not that she...needed to be, or anything. But camaraderie and all, right?

Mei took the folder from Adam and opened it so she could skim. She did this all throughout his talk, a single eyebrow raising when she learned he had his fingers in all of their big problems in the past and probably now. So he had been a trouble maker since middle school, huh? Honestly though...if he had never gotten caught, not even once...he was a smart trouble maker. She lifted her green eyes off the paper and looked at Adam when he told her to be careful. "I always am." She responded stiffly, though it was odd someone told her to actually be careful. Maybe her fellow students did care about what happened to her? She figured everyone would be relieved if she was gone.

Mei turned her back and left them to their work, heading over to the interrogation room. Once she entered, she closed the door and walked over to Justin, envelope in hand.

"Wait, let me guess," Justin started with a grin. "You're gonna throw that envelope down on the table, and all my records are gonna spill out of it?"

Jana whistled faintly, tilting her head. "You've been a bad boy, Justin...that's a thick little parcel that my partner has there, guess I should have given you a good roast after all," she smirked. "What'd you find out, Mei?" Well, this was going to get interesting, wasn't it? She was going to see Mei's technique's first hand.

Mei didn't say anything. To be honest, she was used to interrogating alone. Sometimes, silence would drive a man crazy as Mei would only stand there, looking through files and then staring at them. Plus..the room would start getting uncomfortably cold after a period of time, and being that she enjoyed the cold, it didn't make her uncomfortable in the least.

Though she'd do things a bit differently here. Silence and patience would not work with Jana standing around. "Justin...Time. More like Justin Campbell...has a clean record as far as arrests go." Mei told Jana while she placed the folder on the table.

"What a surprise." Justin said proudly with a grin. "See Jana? I have been a good boy."

"In the way that a rat is always a rat, yes," Jana muttered, leaning against the wall with her arms crossed. "That doesn't mean you're free to go, buddy. So shut up and listen to what Mei has to say." Time to see her in action, she was just an observer.

"...you have no record of arrest, but you have been questioned multiple times. Since your middle school years, you've been constantly around trouble. Not in it, but around it." Mei continued after Jana put him in his place. Justin just gave her an innocent smile, waiting for him to continue. "More importantly...recently these troubles that we are having are getting bigger and bigger, and you continue to be there."

"You're point?" Justin asked as he looked up at Mei. Though he didn't have to strain his neck very hard. When she didn't answer, he sighed and then adjusted himself in his chair. "Look, I may be around trouble a lot, but you gotta understand. I'm always out and about, and being one of those people who enjoy being involved in their school, I am always where anything big happens."

"I'm a strong disbeliever in coincidences. Things happen for a reason, and frankly Justin Campbell, you seem to be the source. However, somehow you've gotten away with everything you've done. Until now." The air started getting cold, and Justin just continued to stare at Mei with those innocent eyes. "Even though I specifically have no proof this time..I will be watching your every move from now on. You think that you have connections, Justin Campbell. But me? I have resources, all of which love reporting things to me. Once they zero in on you, they will find out exactly how many pies you've got you're grimy fingers in." Mei walked over to him and stood directly above. Justin's grin just remained on his face.

"They won't find anything." That was his response. The Ice Queen thought she had resources? Justin probably knew them, and he was far more charismatic than she.

"Ah, but even the smallest Ant will find a path underground," Jana smirked. "Rest assured, handsome...just because you're not the cause doesn't mean you won't be around a cause...so you just keep being a good boy, and maybe you'll get a proper reward." Even if he wasn't a lawbreaker, he knew people that did...and he kept himself in the loop, either unintentional or to keep himself safe. But if they kept around him, they'd find something...Jana was quite sure of it. He said he had 'places to be' after all.

Justin glanced over to Jana and just shrugged. "It's none of my business what the people around me do." He then turned to Mei who was still standing directly over him, glaring like a she devil. He straightened himself up on the chair so that he was eye level to her...Justin was actually pretty tall so it was easy enough. "You know, that face is way too pretty for you to be scowling like that. You'll have wrinkles by the time you hit your thirties if you keep that up."

Flirting?! He was flirting with her now?! No. She wouldn't have it. She placed her hand on the back of that chair, and Justin would feel something really cold crawling on his inner thighs and his..fuck!

"Shit! Did you just freeze me to the chair?!" He tried to lift himself up, but he found that his feet were stuck to the floor as well.

"I did. Clearly you aren't taking this seriously. You're going to stay here until you tell us about the student you named."

Mei played hardball, and she thought what she did was a little much? She almost saw something crack in that hard exterior when Justin started being a charming slimeball, she did not like guys very well...did she? She didn't ever make her that mad, that's for sure. But Jana would go with the flow as she stood beside her partner, arms crossed.

"Better talk fast," Jana purred. "Frostbite's a killer for someone your age, my friend. His record is spotless, so we're obviously missing something. Why did you tell us that name?"

Justin was really tired of these girls threatening him. "Look, Ice Queen. I'd be more inclined to talk to you if you didn't threaten me with freezing off my dick." Once he said those words, he saw Mei's face get extremely..ridiculously red. At first he looked away, thinking that she was getting really angry. Though when nothing happened, he turned his eyes back and saw that she was...well she wasn't mad. No, she looked more ashamed than anything.

"I-I would never do something so vulgar!" She told him as the ice suddenly disappeared. Justin was confused. What the hell was that? She kinda almost looked cute right now..well now that ice wasn't crawling up his crotch.

She almost had it...and then she dropped it. Jana chuckled inwardly, but her sigh of exasperation was obvious. Fine, she'd do this her way then. She walked over to the chair...and placed her foot against his chest. The kick was not brutal, but it was not light. Sadly for Justin, all he saw was compression shorts as she walked around, staring down at him as her right arm roared with fire, the flames licking her shoulder.

"I'm starting to get a little pissed off here, Cockroach." Jana growled, the shattered remainder of ice around them starting to melt into sizzling puddles. "You told us the name of a fucking saint, and I want some answers. now. Everything. If you know what he had for breakfast, I want to know. Otherwise, you're going to start wishing you had never met me."

Mei turned away and bit her lip. What the hell was wrong with her? It was a passing comment, one that completely broke her hard exterior. This was...this was because she hadn't been sleeping right, wasn't it?

Justin just stared at Mei with a raised eyebrow. Was it that time of the month for her? Why did she actually make an expression that wasn't an icy scowl? He was so busy watching Mei that he only noticed Jana when she placed her foot on her chest. He started to try to get up from the chair, but by then she already kicked him on the ground. He grunted and then looked up at her, his lips turned downward in a frown.

"Jana," He started as he picked himself up and brushed himself off. "Beating me up really won't do any good, but...I really do need to be finished here so I'll give you something for my freedom. Something. I don't know much about that guy myself, so I can only give you a single piece of information." He paused, and sighed. He was so gonna get it. Justin was sure Nicholas would immediately figure it out if these two caught on. Ugh, that would ruin a bunch of his connections if word got out that he squealed directly to the DC. He couldn't do it.

"I gave you his name, because...that's the name I heard. I didn't talk directly to him, I just talked to a guy who said his name. I can't tell you if he's involved or not."

"And if I find out you're lying," Jana growled, her flaming arm dissipating. "I'm going to do more than toast your junk, buddy. Now get going, before I change my mind." Well, that was an easy enough solution then. They'd just have to explore every single option, and Jana's option? Follow the Cockroach, Mei was probably better at handling someone like Nicolas anyway.

Justin was kind of screwed anyway. The moment these chicks would come up to Nicholas, he might get suspected. He got to his feet, and then walked passed Jana cautiously, staring at her the entire time. "You know, next time you see me, I might not be so nice." He told her before walking out the room.

Mei stared at the boy as he left. She felt so humiliated..she really did. Jana had to take over for her, and it was making her want to pull her hair off. Damn it! This was why she never allowed herself to feel anything. Emotions distracted her..and they made her fail. "Tch.." She sucked her teeth and ran her fingers through her hair as she tried to push her shame an anger at herself to the back of her head.

"Mei...can you talk to Nicholas?" Jana said, watching Justin leave. "You're better at handling smart people than I am," she grinned widely. "I'm going to trail our bug, see where he skitters around to.." She didn't have time to console her right now, this was something she'd have to learn. "You gonna be okay, Partner?"

"I'm fine." Mei told her stiffly and then looked at the file left on the table. "I'm going to put this away...then I'll be going to talk to Nicholas. As far as Justin Campbell...if he does even one thing wrong...don't hesitate to arrest him on the spot." After that, Mei picked up the folder and then left Jana by herself in the interrogation room.

Tracking a cockroach? Woo boy, nothing she really wanted to do. But they had to get to the bottom of this, one way or another. As was expected of Justin, he was good at staying mobile and keeping casual. Thankfully, her non-standard jacket allowed her to blend in somewhat. He was a busy little bug, though...from Central, they went down into Green Territory, darted over to Red, and finally stopped at Tiger and Peacock Street, where Red and Blue intersected. The visits were crime, yes...but nothing important to what they were already doing. She almost thought she was wasting her time until he met a trio of Blues.

She leaned against the wall of a nearby building, taking her phone out casually. She looked like she was just waiting for someone, really. The three he was meeting? She didn't know them offhand, but she knew the look. They were experienced combatants, they looked rough and tumble. The kind that likely had a steady record of wins and losses. The one in the middle interested her the most, he wasn't incredibly big looking, but the Kanabo he had was easily as tall as him. A somewhat lackadaisical looking guy, resting against the pommel of his weapon. His hair was loose and unkempt, but he radiated an aura that was not unlike Mei: One that didn't want to be fucked with.

"Took you long enough," Komoku Rokujou muttered, cracking one eye open. "I thought you were the fastest guy around?"

Justin was really dreading meeting this guy. He was really difficult to work with. Though he still had a grin on his face as he approached the trio. He glanced at his phone, checking the time. "Come on man, I said I'd be here at seven and I came at seven..I came...Just in Time."

Man..no one sane would ever make a dumb joke like that, especially with rough looking guys like this. Though, Justin was Justin...he wanted to make the mood a little lighter than it already was.

While Jana followed Justin, Mei had found her way to Blue North using a shuttle bus. She talked to a few staff member at the school and got them to pull this Nicholas Trevlyn out of class so he could meet with her. She assured them that he wasn't in trouble. She just needed to ask him questions. Now that she was alone, she could focus. They had even put her in a private office to give her privacy while she questioned this student.

"...Right," Komoku muttered, closing his eyes again. "So, a little birdy told me that you got a visit from some DC...and you told a few things to stay out of trouble, that couldn't possibly be true, now could it, Justin? Or are you 'Just-in-Time' to see what we do to people who tell stories?" he grinned. "See that? That was a joke, you can laugh at that one. It was pretty good." Jana lowered her phone a moment, casually stuffing it into her jacket pocket. His two cronies were moving to surround the Cockroach. She grimaced faintly in annoyance. Tch...great.
--

"Forgive me for making you wait, Miss." Nicholas said with the smooth opening of the door and a polite smile. He was a radiant boy, to say the least. His uniform was not an inch out of place with the rest of him, and there was not a wrinkle to be found. His hair was also so immaculately slid back, offering her full view of his handsome face. He carried himself with the posture of someone who knew he had an appearance to keep. "But I must admit, I'm surprised that I was called at all...have I done something wrong?" he said, moving to sit down.

Justin's grin faded a bit as his tone became more serious. He really didn't want to get his ass kicked, nor did he want to fight. He hated fighting. Though if he was caught in a lie, they would beat him up anyway. The only thing he could do was try to tell a half truth. "It's not like they can actually use the information I gave them." He said with a shrug. "Look, they were trying to castrate me...I had to give them one thing, and I chose a useless piece of information." Justin's hands went in his pockets as he looked straight at Komoku. Well, he knew he was screwed from the start. Guess he'd just have to fight as best he could and hope for the best.

When Nicholas came in, Mei just stood up and slightly bowed to him before resuming to take her seat. "Well, that's the thing Mr. Trevlyn. I'm not sure if you did something wrong..that's why you are here, so I can ask a couple questions." She crossed her legs and looked directly at this boy. This incredibly neat, approachable, and perfect boy.. "Well, let's just get right down to it so I can get you back to class. Do you know a Justin Campbell? Or his alias that he likes to go by..Justin Time?"

"Is that right," Komoku said idly, his club slowly shifting to rest on his shoulder as he opened both of his dark green eyes. "So, you saved your own ass because you're not man enough to deal with the consequences of being a rat, how typical." he muttered. "Unfortunately, Justin. That piss poor excuse isn't going to work, what you're doing is fucking everything up...and well, I'm kind of a perfectionist, see?" he said, his smirk slowly spreading across his lips. "I don't like loose ends...so I'm afraid you're going to have to be cut off."

Ah, crap. Jana was already heading down the alleyway. Especially now that his lackies had drawn their blades. She cursed in annoyance, drawing one of her Jian in a smooth motion. Shit, shit, shit.
--

"Who doesn't?" Nicholas chuckled. "He knows just about everything that you need to know about things you shouldn't," he smiled. "I would dearly hope that the DC wouldn't arrest someone simply by hearsay? Much like it would be rude to call you the 'Ice Queen'? an insulting moniker for someone who so dearly respects order and peace."

Justin sighed, his grin fading. "Is that how it's going to be? That's fine...I would rather be killed than become a eunuch. Though honestly, I'm not ready to die." Justin knew that he would probably be able to take down the two lackeys. It was Komoku he was worried about. Justin was good, but Justin...well he had his reasons why he didn't want to fight. He liked that no one knew what he was capable of. Now people would know if he survived. "Lets get this over with." He said as he turned towards the boy to his right and the kicked his foot high in the air, sending an electric shock straight towards him. He was going to make the first move if he would be outnumbered.

Mei raised an eyebrow at Nicholas. Was that supposed to be a compliment? "I don't care what anyone calls me, so long as they know what I stand for. I'm not here to arrest you, Nicholas. I just want to know why I heard your name to begin with. Justin is a worm. I would not expect someone with such a spotless record and perfect grades to even know his name at all. I didn't until I ran into him this morning, talking to a group of boys who attacked me and my partner." Mei's gaze was unwavering as she folded her arms. "How do you know him?"

Idiot, Idiot! That first hit connected, but Komoku got a wild grin and took a step forward, his club jutting forward. It would have hit Justin, if Jana hadn't shoved him out of the way. Her arms crossed over her body as a rush of energy overtook her, and then a massive explosion tore into her body and sent her sliding back into the wall so hard that it cracked the brick, her body smoking with a pained grimace.

Great...a Combustion user. Perfect.

"Looks like your girlfriend is smarter than you are," Komoku sighed, resting his club on his shoulder.
--

"He's the most reliable at getting messages out," he said easily. "Messages that would be considered unlawful, regardless of their intent. My only interaction with him was to propose a gathering of people at Central, to peacefully protest the methods of the Disciplinary Committee by challenging the Principal, which is well within the rules of the Mandate, correct?"

Justin's eyes looked over to Komoku as he tried to connect that club with his body. Shit...he couldn't get out of the way fast enough! Though suddenly he was..flying out of the way. Someone had pushed him. But...who was dumb enough to get in the way of Komoku?! He quickly recovered and turned just as Jana was hit with the explosion, and he just watch as she flew back into a wall in a smoking mess. "Damn it..why the hell are you here?" Justin growled, stepping in between Jana and the brute as if trying to protect her. "Hurting a lady..an innocent one at that just doesn't sit right with me." Justin gave him a defiant glare as he got into a defensive fighting stance. He couldn't get hit, but luckily he had some long ranged attacks he could try.

"Yes, that's correct." Mei said stiffly as she tapped her index finger against her arm. "Though attacking Disciplinary Committee members is against the rule of the Mandate, Nicholas. Can you explain why your peaceful protesters drew their weapons and started a fight with us?"

"Go fuck off somewhere safe, Cockroach." Jana muttered, spitting out blood as she slowly rose out of her defensive posture. Komoku scratched his chin idly in interest. Hm, maybe Nicholas was right...there were some durable people in the DC. Interesting. He liked the look in her eyes, he grinned widely at that, pointing his club at her. He was going to enjoy this.

"Listen to the lady, little pissant...this is a fight between real warriors, not some coward who runs at the first sign of trouble." he smirked widely.
--

"Unfortunately, the best intentions can attract the worst people," Nicholas sighed, hand running through his slicked back hair. "Many would see my cause as a means to violently protest, but I assure you, I have never intended for anything to happen to DC members, you are simply doing your job...a byproduct of a system that is far too lax."

Back
Top Bottom