Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

School Rumble (Broom and I)

"What do you mean?" Komoku said curiously, head tilted. If there was one thing that he had felt more than a little defensive about, it was...that. People had told him, and her...and both of them what they 'meant', to Turuga. That the murdering dog Komoku was with the prim and proper Mei was having a child. What did that mean for the child? Why didn't people mind their goddamn fucking business?

"I'm going to look different...and feel different. My hips will be wider, my breasts will get bigger...and my stomach is going to blow up like a balloon. Sex will be embarrassing." If he had shown any sign of defensiveness, it went over her head. She glanced up at him, her eyebrows furrowed. "I just hope...you're still going to be attracted to me."

"...You're kidding, right?" Komoku said, whatever defensiveness he had dropped like a rock. "How could anyone not find you attractive, especially pregnant? You're going to look fucking hot, stop being stupid, Mei." he sighed, hand on her head to shake her like she was a bad dog. "Honestly, where do you get these dumb ideas in that pretty head of yours?"

Mei frowned, feeling a little embarrassed. "It's not dumb," She began as she pushed his hand away. "It's just..I never really was conscious about my appearance until just recently. Now my appearance will change soon, I don't know how it's going to make me feel. Or anyone else, for that matter. I just wanted some reassurance. Preferably without the insults at the end."

"Mei, no matter how you look, I'm not going anywhere," he said dryly. "You're beautiful, having a kid is going to make that even better. Stop being dumb," he smirked, tugging on her cheek. "You're stuck with me for good, hell or high water."

She was stuck in a weird place between irritation and happiness. Her smile was probably off, especially when he was tugging at her cheek. "Always have to be mean even when you're nice...." She gently pulled his hand away and placed it on her bare stomach. "...you're going to be a great father, Komoku. I know it."

"...Thanks," Komoku said, nuzzling against his hair. He didn't know why that relieved him so much to hear it, but it did. "Which means I gotta talk to my...father," he muttered. "Can you help me with that?"

"..of course I can help." Mei said as she embraced him. She was surprised he actually asked her for help. Usually he was too proud to do anything of the sort. That made her happy, though. He was opening up to her. "I'm guessing you're still angry with him?"

"Wouldn't you be?" Komoku muttered, leaning back against the couch. "Fucking asshole thinks he can just ignore the fact that he left me and my sister to someone else? Like it doesn't bother me? What does that even say about him? About me, or Masami? Were we such terrible kids that our own parents didn't want us?"

"I don't know, Komoku. But I can see why you would be angry with him. You've got questions though...questions someone can finally answer. Why don't you find Masami, talk to her about it and go from there? Confront him together?" If there was anyone that could relate to Komoku, it would be his own sister. Though honestly, Mei didn't know how she would feel about this entire thing at all.

"...Yeah, maybe," Komoku muttered. "...I'm grabbing a shower, you want in?" He was just...upset, angry. Angry in ways that he didn't know how to handle in the slightest.

"Sure..." Mei placed her hand on top of his. She could tell he was still very upset. There wasn't much she could do about that. Even if he did confront his father...there was a chance he'd still be angry after hearing the reason why they weren't there for them.

If there was one place she wished she could never be again, it was Turuga. She had never liked it, she never enjoyed the atmosphere or the annoying memories that the place had given her. But it wasn't her place to say no, no matter how sour faced it would make her, she knew that Shizuka would wave it off. Things had changed, in a lot of ways it seemed. The Kishi weren't ruling anything anymore, the DC was being handled by some young brat that Shizuka seemed to be fond of, wasn't her place to care, really. She was supposed to 'keep an eye' on Mina Kishi, to make sure she played fair. But in order to do that, she needed some eyes on the ground...she needed to know the lay of the land and the important people in it. Not everything could be gleaned by Shizuka, she needed her own little mole.

Which is why she found herself deep in the Green district, nudging the door open to a...private-eye, she supposed. Run by a kid, but that wasn't surprising...kids ran this place anyway. The door jingled faintly at her entrance and she took a casual glance around the place, arms crossing. She was a toned, lithe woman that was dressed in a pair of worn jeans and a leather jacket, her hair was a vibrant blonde and her eyes were the sharpest blue that people would see since Mei. Something about her was familiar, but hard to describe, the sharpness in her face, the way her voice sounded.

"People are telling me that you're pretty good at finding people, Junior," Satsu said flatly. "I hope you can find people in a hurry?"

It wasn't every day that he got a request from an adult, much less one that he didn't recognize. There was an air of familiarity that he couldn't explain about the woman, but she looked dangerous. Maybe he had seen her out on the streets or something, but either way a job was a job. "I can find people, sure...whether or not I can do it in a hurry depends on if they want to be found." He smirked, although he knew this woman meant business so he'd cut to the chase instead of flirting as usual. "Who are you looking for, exactly?"

"I'm looking for a guy named Devil Joe," Satsu said, hands slipping into her jacket pockets. "Kind of a tall guy, all tattooed out, really grumpy...know of him?" she asked, her sharp eyes scanning the boy down. "You know your way around this city, right?"

Justin was silent for a moment, his expression blank as he processed the name of the one person he didn't care to find. But then he just leaned back in his chair and sighed, rubbing his temples a bit. "Devil Joe, huh?" He began in a thoughtful manner. "Luckily for you, I do know my way around the city and I know where he might be right now. Want me to take you there?" He was losing out on money doing this, probably...but this chick looked real rough and he didn't want to mess with her.

"Really," Satsu purred. "You know where he is? I guess he's not so worried about hiding out these days...sure, junior," she said, dropping a stack of Yen on the table. "For your trouble," she purred. "Because I am going to be trouble. But if you know Joe, I'd say you already know that, don't you?"

"I knew it from the moment you walked in." Justin told her with a grin as he took the money on the table and slipped in his pocket. "But I don't discriminate. Especially to a lady so generous." He got up from his desk and then headed out of his office, holding the door open for her before closing and locking it. "Alright, we're headed over to Red. I'm sure that's not really surprising though." He wondered if he could get out of this without seeing his old man? Or maybe it was time to face him once and for all now that he was a different person...

"Guess this place hasn't changed much," Satsu snorted. "Or Joe hasn't, he always liked being in the worst spots of town, like a pig who doesn't want to leave his mud." Still, Joe was a good source of information for a lot of things, things that she needed to know without drawing a lot of attention.

"He's a real pig, alright." Justin muttered as he started walking towards Red territory. It wasn't very far, he didn't have the money to have a place in the nice part of Green anyway. Just the part that could be considered a step above Red. But the way this woman was talking about his dad, he was beginning to wonder exactly who she was. "You know him or something?"

"Naturally," Satsu said, head tilting as she regarded him. "And how do you know him, Junior? He steal your lunch money or something?" Wouldn't surprise her, Joe wasn't considered likable by a lot of people. But she liked him, kind of...he had his uses, and he generally was cooperative if you had enough money. She needed more than what her boss could give her, something closer to the ground could let her decide her next move.

"Something like that." Justin grumbled with a tired expression. "He's my dad." Might as well tell her, she'd find out anyway if she knew him. Not that Joe talked about him much. And whenever he did, it was never anything good.

"Your Dad?" Satsu said in surprise, looking him over again. "Well, thank god you look nothing like him, you're actually attractive," she smirked. "What poor bitch thought he was worth a kid over?" Well, at least he was smart enough to not be happy about ol' Devil Joe. But maybe she was being too hard on him, he was handsome in a rough, bad boy kind of way. Except he was little more than a pig. Sometimes pigs were fun, especially when you dealt with the extreme alternative. But he was also rather knowledgeable, and it didn't take too much to get him to help.

"Her name is Dawn...in case you know her too from before she turned into a druggie prostitute. I got my looks from her." He sniffed. If she wasn't strung out all the time and malnourished, she'd be pretty again. Although Justin was having a hard time remembering when she wasn't like that. "Other than that, I have nothing in common with my parents. So I try to ignore the fact that they exist, because they do the same thing to me unless they need a punching bag."

"Sounds like Joe," Satsu smirked. "Well, don't worry your pretty little head, Junior. I just need directions, you don't need to be my mediator. I'm a big girl, I can handle my own social interactions with horrible people. Justin, right?"

Back
Top Bottom