Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

School Rumble (Broom and I)

It was certainly a different Turuga when Mei of all people could walk into some of the roughest parts of Blue and be perfectly okay was something interesting, especially since most of those people who were eyeballing the street corners were technically under her command. Dujae and Sejae had quite a recruitment drive, and there were probably some of the roughest people you'd ever see in some official DC uniforms. It was probably only through the fact that Komoku, Dujae and Sejae had such a serious reputation that it worked.

But either way, the streets were somewhat cleaner than they used to be, and that was something worthwhile as Mei made her way down to the Iron Wok, notable by it's giant, obnoxious neon green sign and a quick, slightly busy crowd for them to cycle through. The interior was slightly grimy from age, but everything looked about as clean as it could be. The sort of people that frequented this place were obviously regulars, considering Mei stuck out like a sore thumb. One man was even more of an oddity, if only for the state of his dress than anything else. He was handsome, in a fierce, familiar sense. His shoulders had a jacket draped over them, his chest bare and showing a multitude of scars from his face down. His expression was thoughtful, almost worrisome as he spoke with the woman on the other side of the bar known to Komoku as 'Auntie Roku'.

This was admittedly Mei's first time inside the place. She never had to come here since she had Komoku cook for her. Part of her wanted to come here just to see what it was like. The other part genuinely just craved Komoku style cuisine and this was the only place that would give it to her. She glanced around, searching for the authoritative type of figure since she assumed "Auntie Roku" was in charge of something. The first thing she caught glance of was the attractive man with the piercing gaze that made Mei's eyes shy away from him. Then it was a woman that looked like someone would Komoku would call Auntie Roku.

She didn't want to be rude, so she approached slowly and quietly as she waited for the two to finish. All the while she kept her glance away from the man.

If there was anyone who looked like they had dealt with Komoku in his even younger years, it'd be Emi Rokujo. A woman who was suited more for cooking and running a business than fighting, her eyes were like two bright pokers to stab the would be troublemakers in her restaurant. She had the face of a woman that was used to hearing it all and shutting every bit of it down.

"I had no idea," The man she was speaking to murmured, in a Japanese dialect that seemed rather old-fashioned. "When?"

"About ten years now, maybe," she replied with a faint frown of thought. "I thought he contacted you?" The man shook his head, but something in his expression changed. How long had they...been alone? Did he have any right to try and see them again?

"They're doing fine," Emi smirked. "They're just like you, thank god." He relaxed a little at that, tilting his head in thanks. Maybe...maybe he'd take a look around for a while, see what had changed. He turned to face Mei, bowing respectably before moving to leave. He wanted to see how they...how they were doing, even if he didn't have a right to introduce himself.

Mei gave the man a quick nod before she turned back to Emi. "Umm..hello. My name is Mei Wolfe...are you Auntie Roku? My boyfriend, he wanted me to tell you hi. Komoku?" She'd feel pretty stupid if this wasn't the person she was suppose to be talking to. But she was sure of it. She was the only person that really looked like they could handle someone like Komoku.

She wondered what they were talking about earlier in Japanese. She could understand all of it but it was none of her business, really...

"Well," Emi said flatly, arms crossing in clear annoyance. "if it isn't my lazy rat boy's girlfriend, because he's too busy being hurt to visit his aunt." she sighed. "Nice to finally meet you, Mei." Her smile, was at least genuine...even if she was clearly upset at someone else. "Come, sit," she said, in a tone that would allow nothing else. "What brings you here? It's big news having such a celebrity around here."

"Celebrity?" Mei asked as her cheeks flushed slightly. She had a seat even though she wasn't really planning on it. It would be rude for her to decline, though. "No...I'm really not. I just came here to order some food for Komoku and my friend...and her girlfriend. Everyone's really tired from their fight so...I know they need some really good food. It's nice to finally meet you, though." She returned her polite smile, though she was clearly nervous meeting someone so close to Komoku. First impressions were hard for Mei.

"Likewise," Emi grinned, resting her elbows on the table to look at her. "Talk of the town, you know. That rough little boy of mine getting in bed with such a proper girl like you, and I haven't even been introduced!" she scoffed. "I'm going to spank his ass red for this, he's never been a very polite boy, drives me up the wall." she sighed. "But enough of that, what'll you have, sweetheart?"

Mei's cheeks only grew redder but she decided to let it slide. She wasn't sure exactly why her sex life was the talk of the town, but she was getting used to it. Kind of. It's not like she could deny it, especially when she'd start to show within the next few months.

"I want two orders of Beef lo mein. One of the orders, extra beef and lo mein. Two orders of Chicken lo mein. An order of dumplings, and four spring rolls, please?" That should be enough...well, maybe she should have ordered extra for Eva too.

"Extra beef and extra lo mien?" Emi chuckled. "Yeah, sure...and you tell that bastard child of mine to visit, both of you, okay? And I don't want an excuse of him being injuried next time, he's in big trouble. But you're a good girl for keeping him out of most of it, you know that Dujae and Sejae have been helping all over?" Emi said, her mouth a mile a minute as she turned around and started cooking like nothing had ever happened. "I tell you, you hiring all these rough kids really made these streets safer."

"Umm, sure. I'll get him to visit you. He's just been a little busy following my orders. He should probably visit you while he has some free time though. Pretty soon, he'll be a father." She may have been delivering the news too casually, but she figured she would want to know.

"Well, that's not too surprising," Emi said, even though she did pause a moment with a sigh. "That boy practically raised his sister, and now he's got a girl too good for him, getting her pregnant," she said, clicking her tongue. "Honestly, I'm surprised it hadn't happened sooner. Kids, all you worry about is sex and fighting, I swear."

"You're not the only one who's said that..." Mei muttered as she ran her fingers through her hair. "About it not happening sooner, I mean. And maybe the too good for him part too. But I don't think that. Komoku is a good guy...when someone gives him a reason to be."

"That's probably the best way to describe him," Emi grinned. "When Masami started growing up? Oh boy," she chuckled. "You'd never seen such a kid be so secretive all of a sudden, didn't want her to know that his big brother was just another thug, even though she was just as bad as he was." she sighed, clicking her tongue. "That boy just is like his father, that's all. He can't help it, neither could he."

"His father?" Mei asked as she perked up a bit. "You knew him?" How could she not be curious? Komoku said he didn't know him...if Auntie Roku did then did that just mean he never asked about him?

"I know of him more than I know him," Emi murmured. "My father was more familiar with the man than I am, but he talked about him all the time," she sighed. "Anyway...don't you worry about any of that, you hear? That boy is a headache enough, you don't need to know about his family, neither does he." she smiled, finishing the lo-mien and placing it in a container.

That was...definitely discouraging to hear. But what did she expect? Anyone who just abandoned their children like that couldn't have been responsible parents. "Yeah, you're right." Mei said, forcing a smile. "We've got too much on our plate to worry about that right now."

"Exactly," Emi grinned. "Pretty and smart, so what'd Komoku do to get you, huh? I figured he'd end up with some useless tramp who'd mooch off him," she sighed. "He's always had weird taste in girls, you know, always likes those oddball ones."

"I don't know to be honest...we didn't exactly meet on the greatest terms and we had a nasty fight the second time we saw each other. I guess I just fell for him because of how honest he is with himself and others. He helped me grow as a person." Mei explained with a thoughtful expression before smiling a bit. "I didn't want to admit that I liked him for a while. But I gave in fairly easily."

"Well, I raised him, trust me," she sighed. "That brat is all kinds of trouble, but he is honest about it. I suppose that's more than I can say for a lot of kids around here, but we've not had much trouble since Sejae and Dujae started rounding up people for DC," she grinned. "Bit of a rough crowd in those uniforms, Miss Mei. You sure you can handle all these boys?"

"If I couldn't, they wouldn't listen to me." Mei answered with a shrug. "Rough crowd or not, they're enjoying being apart of something and being acknowledged. As long as they feel respected, they'll continue to stand with me. That's all these rough kids really want no matter how tough they try to act. Plus they know if they mess with me they'll have to answer to Komoku."

"Smart answers," Emi grinned. "Well, here you are," she said, sitting down the rest of the order and bagging it. "On the house, and I won't take your money. Just tell that lazy ass boy to visit once and a while, even though he's off being some big name celebrity, okay? It was nice to meet you, Mei. You seem like a sweet girl, chain Komoku to the bed if you have to. I don't want to deal with some skank girlfriend." Well, it was certainly obvious where Komoku had gotten his vernacular from...

"Oh..thanks. I'll do that." Mei said as she took the bag. "It was nice meeting and talking to you. Thanks for...taking care of Komoku when he didn't have anyone else. If you weren't there for him, he probably wouldn't be the same guy I fell in love with."

"Well," Emi blushed at that just a little, grinning. "Aren't you a sweetheart? Thank you, it's nice to have someone appreciate what a giant headache he was until his sister grew up," he sighed. "Anyway, you take care, Mei. You're always welcome around here, bring Komoku by the next time you visit, would you?' she smiled.

"Uhuh!" Mei said with a smile before she turned around and walked out of the door. For some reason she felt like she was in a better mood than before. She'd definitely make sure Komoku visited her soon. She wondered if he was asleep right now? Either way she pulled out her phone and texted him and Jana to let them know she was on her way back and would be their soon. There was so much food...and it smelled so good. She couldn't wait to eat it.

If there was anything that would wake Eva up, food would. Komoku was halfway to a nap when he got the text, so he rolled off the couch with a faint grumble to make sure she could come in. He was surprised by the cheerful expression on Mei's face, and that food? Ooh boy, he was already salivating as his nostrils flared. "Mm, Auntie Roku's cooking?" he sighed. "Man, she's the best damn cook, I swear..."

Back
Top Bottom