Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

School Rumble (Broom and I)

"You're not the only one who wants payback. None of my sisters will talk to me because of you! 'Cept Julianna...she understood me even when no one else wanted to. That's why things are going to be different this time..." She thought she could send him back to jail? What a fucking bitch....she didn't understand the way adult Turuga worked, it seemed.

"Grow up," Jana said flatly. "You're a mess and a half, and you need help. But don't expect me to give it to you, you want a fight? You're getting one." she muttered. "And I hope you're ready to bleed for what you've done to me." Forgiveness be damned, she wasn't letting this creep walk free. She didn't care about him being a better person, he was a monster and he would always be one, the only thing you did to monsters is put them down.

"Says the bitch that burned an entire house down to get me." Blake muttered before his energy slowly began to steam around him in a form of black mist. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath as the mist began to grow thicker. He was focused enough to do this today...he was focused enough to not be scared of the light anymore.

Sophie shivered a little and grimaced. "Something feels really creepy." She stated as she looked up to Mifune. "Is it that boy?"

"Surprised you felt it at all...that's Blake's aura." Kokoro commented as she narrowed her eyes slightly. She didn't remember him being able to focus his energy like that. What was he planning?

"Interesting," Mifune murmured. He was able to generate that during the day? He was practically sucking the light out around him.
--

"I know my problems," Jana muttered. What in the hell? Where did he learn to do that? That was going to be a problem. "Unlike you, I try to fix them, not blame other people." Well, fire still burned...that was one constant she could take relief in.

"Bullshit," Blake spat, his voice sounding like static as he started absorbing the mist, his skin turning black as well as his hair. "You're telling me you don't blame the world for being shitty and unfair? You don't blame all the people who are happy with their perfect little lives and loving, functional relationships? Don't make me laugh, Jana. You think things are okay now with your new little girlfriend and that shithead who fawns over you despite your rejection. But you know just as well as I do that they'll disappear. So will Ice bitch...they'll find better, functioning people. Broken people like us, we don't get a happy ending!" His voice was starting to echo strangely as his entire body turned pure black. It was like looking into an endless void. Whatever he did to himself wasn't clear...but there was obviously a reason for the change in appearance. Kokoro was sure...

Jana's eyes widened as she shifted into a defensive stance, feeling a chill trail up her spine. What in the hell had Blake been doing? This didn't seem normal, but when was Blake ever normal to begin with?

"No," Jana muttered. "The world is shitty and unfair. I could blame everyone for having a better life than I did, but some things you need to let go. If you think everyone is well functioning in this place, you are even more out of your mind than I thought." she said. "I grew up, I got better, I found my place. Maybe you should find yours, instead of hating everyone else."

"You naive girl..if you think that you have found your place, think again. I thought I had a place too, but I didn't. It was all a lie. When I'm done with you, you'll remember what it means to have nothing!" Blake smiled, his teeth contrasting sharply against the black that had consumed him. He then started to slowly advance towards her. The thick, inky darkness that had consumed him trailed behind in a thick, black mist.

Jana narrowed her eyes and swung her left blade first, then right in a twin trail of fire. Only one way to find out how to beat something like this, and that was to keep cutting until something fell off!
--

"Huh, ain't that something," Mel said, feet propped up on the railing. "You don't see a lot of people with that kinda talent, you know? Jana's really got her work cut out for her," she had faith, however. What kind of mother would she be if she didn't?

Blake met her fire head on by using his own obsidian claws to block, both her swords slipping through the insides of his blades and hitting the solid metal that was protecting his hands. The fire didn't deter him any and the mist was only spreading and getting thicker as their blades clashed. The light from Jana's fire wasn't making the darkness go away...but he did feel the fire licking at his fists and he simply ignored it. It was just pain...he was used to pain. It was okay...he'd be okay. There was nothing that could extinguish his darkness...he would never ever see the light.

Blake only grinned and then shifted her blades apart so he could get the opening he needed. He pulled back his head an inch and then shoved it full force into her head in a headbutt.

The crack was deafening as Jana jerked back with a heavy grunt, her vision blurring for a split second before it solidified again. Okay...he was clearly out of his mind in more ways than one. She exhaled heavily and circled him, rolling her wrists. He had really lost it, hadn't he?
--

"He's durable," Mel commented easily. "Jana's going to have to be a little more clever about this one, you don't gore a bull head on." Mifune didn't know what to say, so he didn't say anything. How was she so relaxed about this?

"That icky mist is getting thicker..it's kinda hard to see." Sophie whined as she started to lean on the railing. Kokoro looked closer...it was odd. His aura was just lingering. Like it was still loosely attached to him. What was he planning?

"The longer she waits, the more difficult this will be for her." Kokoro commented.

Blake didn't turn when she circled him..he was too busy finding relief in being the predator again. It wasn't like last time..he was in control. This was what he lived for...and he was enjoying it thoroughly. "Are you getting scared of the dark, Jana? Do you feel it? Do you feel the light around you disappearing into nothingness?"

"No," Jana said easily, flicking the flames off with a determined frown. "I've made peace with who I am, Blake. I may not ever be someone like Mei, or my friends. But I don't need to be, I used to be in a dark place like you, and I can get there again." she muttered, sheathing her swords. "So come on, suffocate me. See what happens." She couldn't let herself be afraid of him, of what he was. He had done horrible, horrible things. But she had help, she had the love and support that she needed to fight through anything. "Unless of course, you're afraid?" She smirked, cracking her knuckles.

"No." Blake said thoughtfully as he gazed upon her. It was hard to tell what his expression was because of that blackness, but his hesitation meant that he was thinking of something. Why did she put those swords away? Was she challenging his competence?

No matter. This only made things much easier for him. Especially when some of that mist started solidifying around her. Thin tendrils began to creep up her ankles and legs as he folded his arms. "Why don't you come a little closer?" He asked as they tugged at her.

"Gladly," Jana growled. The force she was being tugged just made it easier for her to rush him. She needed to get hotter, and she wasn't there yet. She needed to sweat, and to do that...she needed to make him wish he never let her get close. The first thing she did was ignite her hands and take a swing across his face. Mel arched her brow in curiosity, but said nothing. What in the hell was that girl doing?

The sizzle of his flesh could be heard as Jana's fist connected with his cheek. He had already braced himself for it but used that opening so he could wrap more shadowy tendrils around her to constrict her and hinder her movements. "You're pretty..you smell pretty too." He told her just before he slashed at her with his metal claws. He wanted to ruin that pretty face.

She leaned back as the claws came across her face, blood streaking across the arena floor. It wasn't as bad as it looked, but one of the claws had gotten across the bridge of her nose and tore along her cheek. It bled like a son of a bitch, and it stung even worse. She flexed her trapped hand, feeling a sense of claustrophobia set in. "So that's what this is about," Jana said dryly, stuck in a stare-down. He could do plenty, but so could she, still. She just needed more time, and Blake was seemingly someone who was going to savor this disgusting encounter. "You want to ruin what you can't have? Pathetic."

"You think I want you?" Blake purred as the tendrils began to slip through her clothes. "I had you already...multiple times. The only thing I want now is to make you suffer for tearing apart my family. Mei is next after this. I have something real special for her." He grinned, pleased with the bloody display. "Did the scars on your legs ever heal?"

What a disgusting, horrible feeling, but she embraced the fear. The feeling of memories rushing back, she could feel her heat burning up, her energy rising to the fore. She needed to be angry, she needed to feel all of her fury. It needed to be burning hot, hotter than anything she had ever attempted before. She didn't spare him a reply as Mel sat up to watch, the atmosphere was changing, the thickness was turning muggy and hot.

"You might want to get your princess down on the ground, muscles." Mel murmured. This felt like a gas leak with a lighter, what the hell was that girl planning?

"No," Jana replied, staring at him unflinchingly. "And neither will yours."

Mifune didn't understand what she meant until he could feel his skin prick and he grabbed Sophie and crushed her in a hug, hitting the deck. All that energy was surrounding the arena, and Jana had just been waiting for her temperature to heat up before she could use it. The explosion was a literal firestorm of energy, flames roared across the ground as Jana let out a high pitched howl of release. The energy in the air was gone in an instant, the flames were hot and blue, nothing but pure energy within them.

It wasn't anything that Blake expected...but how could he? It wasn't every day that someone could actually use another person's energy against them..and Blake had let it linger too long. Julianna sighed, grateful that she had picked the seats that were farther away from the blast zone. People weren't too happy about being caught in the heat.

He wasn't dead. She knew he wasn't...but he sure as hell wouldn't be functioning after that. The fog and flames were gone...and he was at Jana's feat, his clothes a mess from the explosion and the burn marks apparent.

"Fuck..." Blake choked after a moment of being stunned. Pain..it was all pain, but worse. That damn light! He couldn't see anything but light! "I can't see anything! Fuck!" He screamed as his hands went to his eyes. "What's with all this light, what the fuck did you do to me you crazy bitch!?"

Sophie was very glad Mifune had pulled her away from that. She didn't see it but her ears were still ringing from the explosion. What even happened? Well at least she was in Mifune's arms still...it felt nice.

Jana picked him up by the throat, her skin flushed and raw from all the heat, her clothes hissing and sizzling, and some places were simply fading away. "Nothing you won't recover from," Jana replied, her voice hoarse as she wiped her mouth with her arm, spitting out blood. That was not the most pleasant feeling in the world, she almost cooked herself alive...ugh. "Unfortunately," she said coldly. "No matter how much stronger you get, I'll be stronger, and every time you so much as stare at a girl and wonder what you can do, remember that I'm going to be there to melt you to nothing." she muttered, fingers tightening around his throat. "People like you are never going to change, because all you do is blame other people for your own problems," she said, shoving him out of the ring. "This is your last warning, Blake. The next time I do this, there won't be anything left to warn."

He let out a choked cry as he hit the ground. He couldn't move anymore...he barely had the energy to continue cursing. The paramedics were out for the third time...and they were starting to look a little tired.

"Sheesh, a little overkill huh? Still was kinda cool." Sophie said as she reluctantly got to her feet, pulling away from Mifune in the process.

"No...it was not overkill." Kokoro mumbled as she shifted back into her seat properly. "It was exactly what she needed..and Blake."

"That girl is going to burn herself like fried chicken one day," Mel sighed, hands behind her head. She took to her lessons better than Mel had originally thought, she used to be such a wildfire, but now she was a focused, determined little fire that could burn through everything. "I better go make sure she's okay, nice hanging with you kids." she grinned, shifting up to bound down to the arena. Did nobody actually use stairs, anymore?

"You okay?" Mifune asked Sophie, checking her over. "Sorry about that, but a few scrapes is better than getting burnt."

"I'm fine...I think. Is my face okay?" She asked as she pulled off her sunglasses so he could have a good look at her. She wasn't sure what Kokoro meant..but she didn't question it at all. This seemed like a serious fight for Jana and she wasn't sure why.

"You look fine," Mifune smiled. "...I mean, you don't have any burns." Nice save, Mifune. Ugh. All of this fighting was doing things to his head. It was why he left in the first place, aside from his family treating him like dirt.

"Oh..okay. That's good." She said with a smile as she put her sunglasses back on. "You could have told me I looked pretty though."

Back
Top Bottom