Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

School Rumble (Broom and I)

"Y'know...been waiting for this one," Komoku grinned widely. "S'been a long time since I actually felt the urge to really let loose, you know?" They were circling each other, like a pair of wolves who had found a dead deer between them. Even if Aiden wasn't as eager looking as Komoku, his eyes were sharp and focused. Komoku could feel the excitement underneath. But he didn't say anything.

"I was starting to think I was losing my edge," he purred, tossing off his jacket. "Turns out I just need someone to really make me sweat. Don't hide that in your eyes, kid. I can smell how excited you are."

"The levels that you can smell disturb me, immensely," Aiden replied faintly, shedding his jacket as well and folding it neatly to set it aside. "But I expect a good fight, Komoku."

"Oh, you're getting one," Komoku said, curling his fingers as his violent energy rumbled off his hand. It was like holding a ticking time bomb, erratic and burning. "You're gonna earn this win, Aiden." Aiden nodded, shifting casually into his stance and beckoning Komoku forward.

"Then let's see if you're as good as people say," Aiden frowned.

"Gladly," Komoku growled, slamming his fist into the ground. The energy exploded underneath the arena and ripped toward Aiden like spasming earthquake, the cracks lighting up. Aiden's eyes widened as he rushed forward, and a huge explosion shook the entire arena and sent debris raining down. Aiden, however...was already on Komoku, his movements like water as Komoku blocked and retaliated , his fists like tiny explosions that Aiden had to parry away as the energy went off around him. There was no form to Komoku, no real basis that he could pull from. He was simply striking with confidence and knew how to keep his gaps narrow. Aiden battered away a wide right hook and took a half step forward, his left hand burning with spirit energy as it sliced across Komoku's chest in a splatter of red. Komoku stumbled back in surprise as Aiden's eyes narrowed, his hand still glowing.

Aiden flicked the blood off his hand casually as Komoku rolled his shoulders, eyes narrowed in return.

"You really are like a wild dog," Aiden said dismissively. An effective wild dog, one that had crawled his way to the top from his corner and now had the mangy hide and the sharp teeth to bite back. He had to be careful, but he knew holding back against Komoku was suicide.

Mei narrowed her eyes slightly but said nothing. She had never seen either one of the Kishi siblings fight. She had only heard things...and now she was beginning to understand that those rumors were truths. Both Aiden and Eva struck hard and fast, it was hard for most people to touch them. But she knew that Komoku could handle it...he was smart and always came up with something.

"I get that a lot," Komoku smirked, flexing his hands casually. "But I like to think the dog has been tamed a little, don't think it means my bite is any less sharp, though. That's a neat trick, I dare you to try it again." he said easily as Aiden arched a brow at him. Was he crazy? Or was he planning something? He knew about Komoku in name alone, admittedly...but his name alone was quite infamous. Still, Aiden needed to keep the offensive or Komoku would be all over it.

He had no real choice, because Komoku was already moving forward. Aiden moved to strike across his face, and Komoku dodged, moving with Aiden's arm as he slid low and slammed his fist into his gut. The impact was solid, but it wasn't his stomach. Komoku glanced down in surprise, he had actually...caught that!? He didn't even see him move! Aiden went to backhand Komoku and he leaned back, the energy laced fist hissing through the air. Shit. That was a little too fast.

Komoku twisted his caught hand, moving back forward to slam his elbow against Aiden's neck. Aiden grunted in surprise, especially when the explosion caught him and made him slide back, smoke rolling off his neck.

"Phew," Komoku smirked, shaking his hand. Alright then...

"That guy is pretty good, I can't even see him move! Like Mifune, but probably slower. Is Komoku gonna be okay, Mei?" Sophie asked as she glanced over to her. Mei was quiet, obviously in her own little world. So Kokoro decided to answer for her.

"Komoku will figure something out. It's not like speed is something he's known for...it's his brutish strength and inhuman vitality. He hasn't even began yet..just watch and see why people think he's some kind of monster." She told Sophie as she crossed her arms and glanced back to the pair. She didn't know much about Aiden Kishi, just that he was apart of the reason why her cousin decided to have this tournament. She could only guess why.

"Komoku's like a diesel engine," Mifune mused as he finally came up to the box, regarding the two with curiosity. "The better the fight is, the stronger he'll get. Just wait." he assured Sophie, hand on her head. "This is going to get good, very quickly."
--

Aiden's eyes narrowed sharply as Komoku cracked his knuckles, his smirk wild and unrestrained. Old Komoku, the fun Komoku. The Komoku that made people nervous, the Komoku that murdered a man in cold blood and got away with it through political slight of hand. He was savoring this, enjoying it, even. Feeling the rush of energy up his spine, the nerve wracking question of if he'd actually win or not. This was it. This is what he hungered for.

"That it?" Komoku said. "C'mon, don't make me pull your useless ass back into this fight, Aiden. I was expecting something more than this." Like that, he was gone in a blur of spirit energy. Komoku rose his arm up a half second before Aiden impacted with a vibrant crack, a shockwave of wind scattering across the arena as Komoku shifted his arm away and moved to strike Aiden on the face. The explosion went off a half inch beside Aiden's ear as he deflected it and continued. There was no sense of form in what Komoku was doing, it was purely reactionary instinct...and it was beyond incredible to witness. Aiden's hands were nothing but a blur of light and energy and Komoku was maintaining his defense, but Aiden's speed was starting to nick at his skin, but it seemed the more that he blocked, the more Komoku's expression grew.

One finally went through, a sharp punch that slammed against Komoku's ribs and made Komoku jerk violently to the right and Aiden slammed his fist across Komoku's left cheek. The pause was needed as Aiden took a mouthful of air, panting heavily. How was he still standing? To his credit, Komoku took a step back to readjust himself with a spit of blood, grinning widely.

"My turn," Komoku said eagerly, rolling his shoulders as Aiden shifted back into his stance with a heavy breath. He was glad he did, because Komoku came at him like a freight train. That first fist that slammed into his blocked arms sent him sliding back a good foot from the explosion alone, and when he leaned up to try and prepare something, Komoku was already there with another brutal fist. Aiden dug his heels into the ring as the explosion rocked his side. His fists were everywhere, Aiden kept his stomach protected as he hunched into a defensive posture while Komoku pummeled away like a madman, his fists letting off a fireworks display.

"Oh my god...." Sophie muttered in surprise as leaned against Mifune, her eyebrows furrowing. "He's gonna blow that boy to bits at this rate. Why didn't he just do that from the start?" Komoku was scary like this...Kokoro was right...he kinda was a monster.

"Because he needed encouragement and Aiden gave it to him." Kokoro answered before her eyes shifted towards Mei. She was tense...well more tense than usual. Kokoro knew she wasn't enjoying watching this. She put her hand on her cousins shoulder. Mei glanced over to her and then smiled a bit before her eyes went back to the fight. Yeah..she was definitely worried.

Aiden's arms snapped out, a burst of energy rolling off him Komoku skidded back in surprise. Aiden advanced, his fist slamming into Komoku's stomach so hard that Komoku recoiled upwards. A brutal right hook sent his entire body veering in that direction as blood and spit went flying. The offensive continued when Aiden went to strike the opposite side, but Komoku recovered and blocked with his forearm, Aiden's eyes widened as Komoku's posture shifted, his feet spreading wider as he cocked his fist back and fired it off into Aiden's exposed chest. It had a roar of a gun going off, and Komoku's arm recoiled back as Aiden's body jerked and hit the ground with a choked cry of pain.

"Come on, you pussy! Get up!" Komoku roared, flexing his hands as Aiden spun to his feet like nothing had happened, teeth grit in frustration. "Yeah, that's right. That's what I wanted to see, come on! I'm still standing!" he spat, thumping on his chest. Both of them were bloody, bruised and high on adrenaline. Even now, they circled one another like wolves. Aiden was getting into it now, which is what Komoku was hoping for. He couldn't 'restrain' himself against Komoku, and Komoku wanted that leash broken. He wanted to see Aiden at his best.
--
Mifune slid a comforting arm around Sophie's shoulders, watching intently. So, this was Komoku Rokujo, in all of his glory. This is what he loved, what he savored more than anything. The rush of battle, the splatter of blood. It was unnerving that a kid his age liked this so much, but that was Turuga. His story was nothing new, but his story was also successful. He was the scavenger wolf gone pack leader. Free of worry about doing a good deed, he was simply at home in these fights. It was an uncomfortable thing to think about.

People were loving this fight. They were cheering louder than anything thus far. It was because it was even...the brutality was being dished out on both ends and people wanted to see which one would come out on top. Mei hadn't seen this side of Komoku in a long time...she wasn't sure if she liked it or not. But she knew she loved him..all of him. Even this part that savored fighting and coming out on top. Aiden was a threat that needed to be dealt with and this was how Komoku chose to deal with him.

Sophie wasn't used to seeing this level of brutality but she forced herself to watch...even if she was getting a little sick from it. How could humans stand punishment like that? This was...this was what fighting was about here?

"Pay attention, Sophie," Mifune said, feeling her tenseness. "This is more than just blood and violence," he said. "This is about being the better warrior." he murmured. "That means everything here, you understand?"
--

He understood in some small way, why his mother wanted this dog in a cage. Maybe if he actually cared about his father, he'd care about Komoku being free. But he didn't, the fight felt like he was fighting for his life. And the way Komoku was staring at him, he had a feeling that was somewhat true. Aiden advanced without hesitation, spinning in the air to connect with a flying kick that landed solidly against Komoku's arms as he stumbled back, and Aiden was on him. His hands slicing through the air like blades as Komoku weaved to the right, jabbing him on the side before Aiden landed a fist against his jaw. It was technique and brutality at it's finest level, the intricate niceties of Turugan combat broke down into a street brawl of sharp explosions and energy. They couldn't get away to do anything more than take a breath, the other was too persistent.

"I..I guess." Sophie muttered as she watched intently. She wasn't so sure that she would be good at fighting if this was what fighting was. She couldn't say she was completely uninterested in who was going to win, but it was hard to watch people be so brutal with each other just to prove who was better. "Aren't they hurting though? I thought this was just for fun."

"Of course they're hurting. You get hurt in fights, Sophie. Even the ones that are just for fun." Kokoro told her. "This is just the way things are. Perhaps you aren't used to seeing things be dragged out like this, but when two people who are on the same level fight, this is the result."

"So...you have to fight this way too?" Sophie asked Mifune as she squeezed his hand and looked up at him. She didn't know if she could watch him get hurt the way Komoku and Aiden were getting hurt...

"I'll be fine," Mifune promised with an easy smile. "I always am, right? Don't worry about it."

She would, naturally. But he had been in fights before, it wasn't going to be the end of the world to get beaten up.
--

Aiden swung high and Komoku shifted to the side, slamming his fist into Aiden's face as he slid back and spun. His kick wasn't the important part, it was the force behind it. When Komoku moved to block, the energy behind it scattered, slamming into him and sent him sprawling to the ground with a pained grunt. He hit hard, harder than Mei...which was saying something.

"You never know when to stay down, do you?" Aiden sighed, walking closer. Komoku just...got back up, panting heavily as he rolled his shoulders.

"Nope," Komoku grinned. "But you and I know we can't keep this up, pal. So why don't we stop snappin' at our asses and get to it, huh?"

"Arrogant," Aiden sighed, hand running through his hair. "Fine, you know, I'm actually trying here."

"Yeah, I know," Komoku grinned, smacking his fists together with a rumble of energy. "That's why I gotta beat you into the ground now, otherwise we're gonna be here all day." There it was, that rush of energy that trailed up his battered body, that started to glimmer and sizzle in the atmosphere like a haze in the desert. He had waited forever for this fight, and he was not disappointed.
--
Mifune whistled faintly, head tilted. "Your boy sure knows how to put on a show, Mei." That power was making his skin crawl, how'd she put a leash on that?

"He's pent up." Maybe if she wasn't so worried she'd enjoy this a little more. Feeling his energy from here was impressive...and slightly exhilarating. But she knew this was going to end soon...and from the sound of it was going to end in a very abrupt and brutal manner. She had faith though that he'd win...he had to.

Aiden narrowed his eyes as he returned the display, it was little more than fireworks. Something to show off and intimidate, but the mindless rush wasn't. Aiden was fast as lightning as Komoku barreled forward like a dog off his leash. Aiden went with another brillant roundhouse, and Komoku ducked under it with a vicious grin, spots on his face splitting open from the energy that Aiden had unleashed.

"Got you!" Komoku roared, rearing up like a proud lion as his fist slammed against Aiden's jaw in a massive explosion of energy. The crowd was breathless, because even as Aiden went flying back, he recovered in mid air and and cupped his hands against his side with a grit of his teeth. What the hell, why didn't this guy just give the fuck up!? The energy built up like a burning star and Aiden unleashed it, the energy blast came at Komoku like a rocket, and he couldn't dodge it to save his life. It slammed powerfully against his chest, knocking the wind out of him with a pained wheeze as he hit the arena and went sliding back, tumbling and rolling as he fell off the edge of the arena while Aiden dropped like a ton of bricks on the other side.

What a strange energy that kid had...there was nothing behind it, no...intent to do anything. Just pure, solid strength. Both of them had fallen out of the ring at equally the same time, but Komoku had fell first. Either way, the match was over.
--

"Damn," Mifune murmured. "That Aiden kid is something else...where in the hell did he learn to do that?"

It was clear who the winner was, not that it mattered to Mei. She was already over the railing and running to Komku's side to make sure he was okay. That was...she could feel what Aiden did to him from her seat. He was strong...

"Komoku! Hey, are you okay?!" She asked him as she dropped to her knees. She was sure everyone was staring but she didn't care.

"Dammit, woman, stop screaming in my ear," Komoku grumbled, glancing up at her as he settled on his elbows. "I thought the winner was supposed to get a victory kiss or something, instead of getting yelled at?" Ouch, ouch. Ouch.. Jesus, Aiden knew how to make a fight fun. He hadn't felt this beat up since he last took on Jana and Mei! Everything hurt like hell, it was a wonder he could even get up at all.

"Well excuse me for being worried about you..." Mei growled as she reached over and caressed his cheek while attempting not to touch any cuts. "We are taking you straight to see my mom so she can patch you up..." She didn't know what to with him...always going to the extreme.

"C'mon, I'm fine," Komoku said, sucking in a breath as he attempted to sit up more and failed miserably in doing so. "Just uh...probably a busted rib or something, no big deal?" Ow, that shit hurt. The hell did he hit him with? Bricks? It felt like it, no wonder he was a Kishi. He was kind of afraid to think what his old man would have been like if he actually used his talents at any point in his stupid life.

"Don't try to move.." Mei muttered as she stood up and signaled for the paramedics to come over. Aiden probably needed some help too. Between these two and Catalina, they would need at least a week intermission before they resumed the tournament.

Eva might not have seemed too worried about her brother but sure enough she eventually came to make sure he was okay. "Wow big bro...you got creamed." She said with a smirk after verifying he was still conscious. "Need some help?"

"Your emotional support is all I ever need, Eva," Aiden grumbled, shifting up as he clutched his side with a heavy exhale. "Mom wasn't kidding about one thing...Komoku's no joke, I can see how he dropped an entire building down around father's head." he said. "He's a problem, alright...but not at the moment." Not while he had so much stability, it seemed. On his own, maybe. But right now, he was...somewhat harmless. Although, he wasn't sure if 'Harmless' was the right word.

"He's fine. Don't think he'll be blowing up any populated buildings any time soon with Mei around." Eva said as she held out her hand. "So who actually won? I blinked and you were both out of the ring."

"I don't know," Aiden sighed, standing up with some effort. "Mother's not going to be happy about this, either, I'm sure...but that's no big surprise," he grumbled. "I wasn't expecting such a good fight from him, I guess I should know better."

"Hmm, well it looks like they're deciding." Eva muttered as she glanced up at the large display above the ring. Tough call, Aiden was blown completely out of the ring before his attack connected with Komoku but Komoku hit the ground first? Hmm. "My fight is next, but if you can't limp outta here alone I can give you a hand. Heard the nurse is real pretty." She grinned.

"What?" Aiden blinked, brow raised. "Why would I care about that? You didn't say something, did you?" he sighed. Oh, it wasn't the first time that Eva'd slip little hints at girls, so she could run off and do something terrible. It was a win for Komoku, but Aiden was somewhat grateful for that...he had no idea how he'd be able to do the next fight like this.

"I heard being treated by a pretty lady makes you feel better." Eva told him as she grinned. So Komoku won? Eh, they would never hear the end of this one, but oh well. "Come on bro, how do I have a girlfriend and you don't. Go talk to some girls. Or guys. Whatever your interested in. Your free now, you don't have to be tied down to DC."

"Yeah yeah yeah," Aiden grumbled. "Don't start playing matchmaker with me when you've barely been able to hold down a steady relationship." If Eva had said anything, she was going to get it...when he wasn't all beaten to shit. "Hey, good luck in your fight, alright? Maybe you can impress Mom, for once." he smirked.

Back
Top Bottom