Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

School Rumble (Broom and I)

"Sure..." Angel trailed off, tilting her head a little. What was she doing again? Oh, right...that thing.

The large ball of energy above her dispersed into a much large beam than the smaller two. It was also bright enough to get people in the stadium to look away, not that it bothered Angel much.

Mifune squinted faintly at that, hand over his eyes. Well, that was impressive...if annoying. Well, nothing else left to do but move forward. He walked closer, taking his time in slow, purposeful steps. It had been a while since he really needed to deal with people like this, he had to admit that it got his blood burning a little in excitement.

The ray went above their heads and into the clouds. If anyone looked up it would be like looking up at the sun. There was something there that obviously belonged to Angel, but she needed time before it was ready. Her opponent was hard to catch, but if she hit everything at once....well he'd have a harder time dodging. "You advanced before you could see anything, you're lucky I didn't follow up on that." She actually couldn't...not when she was concentrating her energy so high above them.

"I like my fights being a little more...tactile, sweetheart," Mifune smiled easily. "So I'm afraid I'm going to get close, so I hope that disco ball you got is ready." he said, shifting down just a little with an easy grin. He could do this...he just needed to have expert timing, like he usually did.

"Wow," Komoku said, rolling his eyes. "So charming." Man, was this guy serious? Who talked like that when they fought?

"Keep talking." Angel told him as she returned his smile politely, readying her spear. "Close...far...it doesn't matter to me. I have been in control of this battle from the very start." Just like in all her other matches...she didn't have to understand his power. She controlled this arena as long as there was daylight. That was when she was strongest.

"That right?" Mifune said, sinking his heels into the ground as it caused a minor buckle in the tiles. "We're going to find out then," he murmured, eyes narrowed in focus...and like that, he was gone. Not gone, persay. Komoku narrowed his eyes, fingers tightening against the railing as he felt his blood hunger. He just...moved, like a stride. He propelled himself that fast, that quickly with a single step?

"Huh? Where did he go?" Sophie asked in a confused manner. She had never seen him do that before. Kokoro and Mei watched in silence...they were just as tense as Komoku was. Less excitement but definitely as interested.

"It doesn't matter where you are...no one is faster than the speed of light!" Angel roared as the sky began to glimmer and flash white, and just like that the entire arena was struck with multiple rays of energy that simply just fell from the sky. Idiot...giving her the time charge like that. Oh well, all handsome men weren't like her Kent...who had brains and muscle.

"I don't believe it," Komoku muttered, grinning widely as he leaned forward. "Your bodyguard's something else, popstar." He wasn't faster than light, but he was fast. Fast enough to look like he was simply gone. He had moved around the entire ring and appeared behind Angel.

"True," Mifune said, grabbing her shoulder. "But it helps to be fast," he said, twisting his wrist and simply...pushing her out of the ring.

Angel just...didn't know what happened until her body hit the dirt. She blinked twice as Mifune was declared the winner and she sighed heavily. That was...different. Well, she supposed she didn't mind losing to such a good looking guy. She simply got up and dusted herself off like nothing happened before moving onto the ring and extending her hand out. "It was nice fighting with you." She couldn't look him in the eye, but she was still trying to be a good sport about it.

Just in case her and Kent didn't work out. She didn't want to burn her bridges.

"Likewise," Mifune smiled, giving her hand a firm shake and a squeeze. "Gimme a call sometime, I'm sure Sophie could use some back-up dancers. Pays very well, too."

"Huh," Komoku mumbled, sitting back with a cross of his arms. "Your cousin's something else, Mei...I want to see how he stacks up against me."

Angel blinked for a moment. "Sophie? Sophie who?" She asked as she looked up at him. And suddenly the crowd around them was gone and the only thing in the world was him. If he was talking about who she thought he was talking about...

"Well, win your match and you have a chance to fight him in the next round." Mei muttered softly as she stared down at Mifune. He really had changed since he left. He was much stronger now...

"Take a guess," Mifune smiled easily. "I'm sure you've heard her songs?" Just like he thought, that kind of girl. "You've got great movements, ever thought about a career in dancing?" Who said Mifune wasn't good at working the ladies when he wanted to?

"Oh, I will," Komoku smirked, cracking his knuckles. "I wanna see what he can do when he's up against a real challenge."

Angel didn't react at all, in fact she just stared at him blankly. She was...well she knew Sophie Frost was here since she had been one of the first people to get her autograph. And also because she always new where she was touring...and where her concerts would be. But actually working with her? And being able to...talk to her up close? Wait a minute, how did she not recognize him before, he was her bodyguard!

...The only thing that distracted her from sexy men apparently was Sophie Frost.

"Dancing..yes..I thought about it a lot. C-can I see...Sophie? Is she here somewhere?" Angel asked with a shaky voice.

"Why is he still talking to her?" Sophie asked curiously as she leaned on the railing. She had to hand it to Angel, she was definitely a good sport for not getting mad about losing so easily.

"Right behind us, look up." Mifune smiled. "So, what do you say? Interested? Someone like you would be great."

"Probably trying to get her number," Komoku teased with a grin. "Handsome guy, you know? Bet he's going to have all kinds of offers now."

Angel glanced up and for a moment she didn't recognize her...until after she saw passed the sunglasses and hat. "Yes, I...Oh my God, yes...yes, yes, yes. I'm interested." She told him as she stared at her favorite pop star idol in the stands.

"Do you think so?" Sophie asked with a grimace as she stared down at them. Why was Angel looking towards her?

Mei reached out and pinched Komoku's side. She knew exactly what he was doing. "Shut up, Mifune's not like that. Angel has a boyfriend anyway."

"Great," Mifune grinned. "We could use some more talent like yours, Sophie does have a concert or two planned around here. Stick around, I'll introduce you, okay?"
-

"Ow!" Komoku grumbled, rubbing his side. "Don't be hurtin' me, woman! I've gotta be in top shape for my fight!"

"A pinch won't hurt you..." Mei told him as she watched Angel and Mifune leave the ring. "Looks like Catalina is up next. Should be interesting considering who she's up against."

And it was considering what Catalina was wearing. She had changed from her wrestling uniform to something ridiculous. Her swim suit? Why in the world was she wearing that?!

The crowd had went wild the moment she stepped out in that sling shot bikini. Catalina grinned the moment she saw Emma when they met in the ring. "Long time no see, girlie...I've been itching for this." She was totally unashamed of her appearance.

Komoku smacked his forehead with a miserable grunt. Why was he not surprised?

"And I thought I was dating a crazy girl," Komoku sighed. "She could have put some damn pants on, at least..." Thankfully, Emma was dressed a little more...properly. The crowd, unsurprisingly, loved it. Emma grimaced at the state of her, cracking her knuckles.

"You think this is funny?" Emma muttered, shifting into her stance. "Dressing up for some cheap publicity?"

"What is that suppose to mean?" Mei demanded as she narrowed her eyes. "I am not crazy!"

"Cheap publicity stunt? You got it all wrong! I've been dreaming of this day for a long time and I want to enjoy it. Skin to skin contact with you is going to make my blood boil! If I could I'd be naked!" Catalina grinned as she took a step forward. She might even have to use her element for this!

"You're dating me," Komoku smirked. "What sane woman wants that? huh?"

"You're out of your mind," Emma muttered, sinking her heels in as the tile of the arena shifted and formed around her, solidifying around her joints and shins. "All I see is a traitor who changed sides because of some Korean dick."

Mei didn't even bother answering, she just shook her head and put up her feet to watch. This was an important battle.

"Oh geeze..." Catalina started as she opened her hand, her energy gathering in her palm. Those rocks would be annoying, but she'd figure it out. "You're still on that? Get over it. You still working for those Chinese losers rotting in jail, Emma? Or is this a personal vendetta against Mei?" A ten foot whip made from strong vine appeared in her hand. She didn't rely on her element much but her body wasn't the only thing that was capable of grappling and restraining.

"You don't get it, do you?" Emma said, eyes narrowing. "You really think I give a fuck about those stupid twins, or that bitch? Where were you when everything happened, Cat? Weren't we friends?"

"Where I always have been...you've been over my apartment before." Catalina said with a shrug as she moved forward slowly. Man, she really knew how to ruin the mood of a fight. "You tell me if we're friends or not, Emma. Not like you bothered to call me either after everything. None of you did."

"I was in prison you stupid bitch!" Emma growled, eyes livid with fury. "Because unlike you, Juliana and that cheating chink bitch Xinwu, I had nobody! I've been rotting in a cell for the past two months. I didn't have connections, I was just some stupid violent bitch that nobody wanted to deal with, so they tossed me in jail."

Catalina blinked before frowning. "I..I didn't know that." She muttered as she stopped in her tracks. Mei never told her that. "Like, seriously. I didn't know you were in jail, I just thought you didn't want to talk to me. Who took you in?"

Back
Top Bottom