Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

School Rumble (Broom and I)

"Nope," Jana said easily, arm still casual around her shoulder. "I told you, you're stuck with me, Mei...and all of my pointless habits." She knew that there was someone in there, someone warm. Someone who wanted to feel something again, for whatever reason she decided to freeze herself over for. But that would take time, and focus. She was willing to give her both, why? Like she said, she didn't really know. She just had a gut feeling.

"Now then, let's keep going, hm?" Jana grinned, slipping her arm away. "Can't have ourselves look like we're slacking."

After Jana released Mei, her shoulders relaxed and she felt at ease. As if a spell had been lifted from her, Mei could now move again. "We were slacking thanks to you talking." She grumbled as she started walking once more. If Jana had done that to her during a fight, she would have lost. Whenever she was touched, she felt all sorts of emotions that she had to deal with and push to the back of her head. Logic told her not to listen to whatever feeling she got from others. However, she was starting to become unsure about that. Slightly.

After a few more minutes of walking, it appeared that they had caught up with the boy who had run into Jana. He was talking to a few other students, though he seemed to be completely calm. Hmm. Guess her intuition was wrong about him being trouble. At least for now. As if he could feel her staring at him, he turned towards both her and Jana. Then a devlish smile appeared on his lips, as if he knew something they didn't. It was odd, no one smiled at Mei like that.

Jana crossed her arms a moment in thought, finger tapping against her bicep. Really, there was nothing particularly wrong with what they were seeing. Some students from Green were talking to students with Blue, in uniform. They could be discussing just about anything, honestly. Maybe some kind of peace agreement, or terms of a competition...but that's not how they were looking, or talking. Their body posture was all wrong and they were talking like they were best friends.

Mm, still not suspicious, but something didn't seem right.

"Say, Mei," Jana mused. "Mind if I take the lead?"

Something sure didn't seem right, and Jana wasn't the only one to pick up on it. She stopped and looked them up and down, and while she was about to call them out on what they were doing...which was nothing, she decided to let Jana go ahead and start. She wanted to observe how she interacted with these boys. "Sure, go right ahead." Mei said as she eyed the blonde haired boy specifically. She really wanted to ask what he found so amusing, but she had just told Jana to go ahead and start.

What was the event that had these students from two separate academies so close?

"Thanks," Jana grinned beautifully, red eyes glittering with joy as she walked forward. Coming purely from Red, there was an easy way to tell when people were doing something wrong. She settled a casual hand on one of her jian and walked closer. There were six of them, seven if you counted the cockroach. She didn't, but she figured it was a good idea to keep him in her mind. Figures it was a bunch of boys, they had no subtlety when they saw a pretty girl walking up...even if it was the DC. Some of their eyes went right along her toned legs.

"Boys," Jana purred. "We've gotten an interesting report around here lately, about students milling around not being in the competitive spirit of Turuga. It seems rather odd, don't you?" Immediately, some of the student's postures changed. Jackpot.

"I don't know what you're talking about," One, who was slightly more composed than the others said. "We were discussing terms of a duel, nothing more."

"Perfect," Jana smiled. "So why wasn't the DC contacted in terms of a formal duel?" There was a faint pause there, and Jana's smile slid into an amused smirk. Nothing they had done was officially breaking a law, but a guilty mind would gnaw at them faster than she ever would. Their postures said it all. Something really weird was going on. "So then, there's only two ways to do this...you come with us quietly, or I make you come with us."

A longer pause, but eventually...the cockroach was shoved out of the way by a Blue student as he drew his saber to swing at her. Jana took a half step back and then reared forward, her smirk still settled on her face as right hand ignited in flame and slammed solidly into his side. There was a crunch of bone and a roar of flames that tore into his jacket, the student jerked horribly to his right and slammed into a nearby car as an unwilling fireball, the door crunching from the impact as the student groaned in misery on the pavement, his body smoking.

That was all the motivation they needed, apparently...to draw weapons and send that cockroach scurrying away to safety. Wasn't a show of force from the DC supposed to get them to submit? Ooh, maybe this job was going to be fun.

Mei watched every single one of them, seeing those subtle body movements. With every question Jana threw at them, they seemed to be getting more and more antsy. So that's how it was. As soon as one of the boys made the sudden movement of pushing the blonde haired boy out of the way, Mei knew this what would come next. Though still, she didn't move from the place she was standing, even when he drew his sword. When he attacked Jana, Mei watched as she retaliated....a little over the top really but justified none the less. Then the others began to draw their swords and Mei watched as the seventh one ran away. She'd find him after this fight was over.

A green student tried to attack Mei with his ax, but Mei simply dodged his swing. She toyed with him for a bit, watching him grunt and pant as he tried so desperately to hit the woman. "I don't need my weapon for this." Mei began as she jumped back to distance herself appropriately. She then thrusted her hand towards him, mist shooting from her hand and freezing just as it hit the boys face. His head was now encased in ice, and he fell to the ground trying to free himself. "Oh, can't breathe? Don't worry, I won't kill you." Just as he passed out, she snapped her fingers and the ice shattered. "Next."

Graceful, although...Jana probably shouldn't have expected anything else. Like a ballerina, or a dancer...or a girl with a stick up her butt. Either way, Jana was already face first into the offensive...literally. The first student that came to her with a swing of his bo made her dodge with a tap of her pommel against his staff, and slammed her forehead against his in a brutal headbutt. What she lacked in such artful definition, she made up for in effectiveness. Her grace was in her swordwork, not in her hand to hand.

"I don't know why you idiots thought this was a good idea," Jana sighed, grabbing the student she so recently punished to toss him towards the smoking one. That would be their arrested pile!

"Mei, get the Cockroach." Jana smirked. "I think I can handle these guys."

Cockroach? Did she mean the one who ran away? "Hmph. Giving orders to your partner? Fine." Mei seemed to be teasing Jana, but it was really hard to tell. She had a hint of playfulness in her voice, but her expression remained as serious as ever. Mei took off, running at full speed. She knew she would catch up to him. He couldn't have gone far. Plus, once he was in her range of sight, she could easily slow him down.

Ah, there he was. He was quite fast, but not fast enough. She threw her hand out once more toward him, and ice instantly climbed up his legs and stopped him dead at his tracks. He grunted and struggled against it but it was useless. He had gotten caught by the ice queen, and she was not happy. When she came from behind him, she drew her slim sword and pressed it against his neck. "Don't struggle. You knew that they would attack, did you not? Well, I'm pretty sure Jana knocked out the rest of your friends. But I think I will keep you conscious." Mei used her free hand and slowly raised it in the air, another chunk of ice appearing around his body. It stopped just shy of his neck.

"Oh fuck, that's cold! Do you have to restrain me like this?" The boy asked her. Mei simply smirked and sheathed her sword.

"No, but I'm still going to. I'm going to make an example of you to anyone else who might be watching." With that, the ice began to levitate in the air and Mei turned around and began to walk back to where she had left Jana. The frozen cockroach she captured trailed behind her, floating a few inches from the ground. "Once we get to the appropriate place, I'm going to interrogate you thoroughly."

The outcome of the fight was to be expected; while Disciplinary Committee students were expected to be as impartial as they could possibly be...there was also a standard on their combat proficiency. Fighting outnumbered was an almost universal situation that DC dealt with, there were simply always more of them than there would be of DC. Jana prided herself on her skills, regardless...and sweeping up the trash was hardly breaking a sweat. A bunch of bloody, roughed up boys with zipties around their wrists and lined up was the remainder of her duty.

She sighed a little, scratching her cheek. Well, that explains her gut feeling. She glanced over to Mei's inevitable return, grinning faintly at the cockroach.

"Well, I see you've got everything well in hand, partner."

"You as well. Though I expected nothing less from a member of the Disciplinary Committee." It was a compliment. Though a very...dull one. Mei inspected Jana's handy work, and while she could have practiced a little restraint...she had done a..fairly good job. Mei snapped her fingers and the ice shattered from the body of her captive. If she let him freeze too long, he might get frostbite. The boy almost fell to the ground, but he managed to stay up. He was shivering, and also surveying what had happened to his "friends". Mei started walking towards him. "Don't run. I can freeze you from any distances so long as I can see you. Seeing as how you didn't like having your body trapped in ice earlier, if I were you I wouldn't resist."

"Damn..you DC chicks are brutal. I'm not going to resist. I didn't do anything wrong." He gave Mei a smug smile, though she didn't return it back. She forced his hands behind his back and used her ice as a form of cuffs.

"Guilty until proven innocent." She whispered in his ear before pushing him some distance away from her. "Jana, this one will be who we question. Though I need a better place to do it. Plus..." She looked at the unconscious boys, some of them groaning in pain still. "We need to clean that up..."

"Step ahead of you, lovely," Jana grinned widely. "I already called Central, they're bringing in a van....as for this one..." Jana mused, walking closer to the Cockroach, her grip on his shirt like iron as she leaned close to examine his face. "Hmm..." He was kind of cute, actually. In that sneaky, rat kind of way. While he didn't do anything wrong, the look in his eyes told a completely different story: he knew something. Her ever famous gut feeling was kicking in again. Now then, what was the importance of this one? What did he know? Why would anyone associate with him? That was the fun question that she was going to slowly squeeze out of him, word by word.

When Jana stared him down, her face only inches from his, he smiled sheepishly at her. As if he didn't know the kind of trouble he was in right now. Being associated with students who would dare revolt against the DC. They were the law, as far as Mei was concerned. They were rebelling against the law.

"You're kinda cute up close. I usually don't dig the short haired look, but I'm seeing it now. The way it frames your face compliments it." He told Jana, trying to charm her. He knew the reputation of the Ice Queen. In fact, there wasn't much he didn't know. Even if it was a tiny bit of information of a subject. He always knew something. Though his lips were tight. "Can we hurry up and get to the questioning so I can ask you out on a date?"

"What's your name, Cockroach?" she purred, her finger trailed along his jawline...sizzling with literal heat. "Mine is Jana, and I think you and I should become very close friends. I seem to be in a bit of a bind, and I think I need your help to fix it." Mei's touch was ice cold, but Jana's was hot and passionate...quite literally. There was a lot of expression in those soulful eyes, red as they were...they were burning with an artfully managed passion. Something serious was going on here, nobody openly attacked the DC without a good, solid reason. And the fact that students from two schools were involved made it all the more concerning.

A weapon unused was a dull weapon, and Jana was never one to keep a blade dull.

The boy just looked at her for a moment, into those red eyes of hers. His eyes, a cross between blue and gray, shifted. He always had a bit of a soft spot for woman. Though...not to the point where he would simply just spill his guts..without some sort of payment.

"Well, my name certainly isn't Cockroach..." He began, a little offended at such a crude nickname. And for what? Where did she even get that from? "My name is Justin..."

"Justin what?" Mei demanded, wanting to know the full name of her prisoner who Jana was playing good cop with. The boy paused for a bit, wondering if he really should tell them the truth or...

"Justin Time." He simply said, struggling to contain a smirk on his face. It was his name...his street name. So it wasn't exactly a lie. His first name was all they needed to know, but Justin truly never liked giving out his real last name. Plus, he always loved introducing himself, even though everyone else never laughed at his stupid pun.

"How very fitting," Jana grinned in amusement. "Which means you know exactly what happened, don't you? Something that you know would be very bad if we found out." She wasn't exactly an experienced expert at this sort of thing, but it wasn't the first or last time she'd weasel information out of people playing nice. Surviving at Red meant you had to be strong and cunning, like an animal...waiting for the best moment to sink her teeth in.

"So why don't we start from the beginning, back in Central?" she asked, as the van rolled up. "You're not under arrest, but I'd appreciate it if you came with us. I don't date men who aren't cooperative, you know."

..As if that was his real name. Mei felt like this boy felt like he was playing a game, and Jana was playing right along with him. When the van arrived, she decided to leave this kid in Jana's hands while she loaded up the van.

"I'm not under arrest, huh?" Justin looked back at the ice that was keeping his hands behind his back. "Alright, then I suppose these don't need to stay in place." The ice shattered just after he spoke, and electricity crackled around his arms. "That's better. I can't say no, I suppose. Not to a pretty lady like you."

Yes, Jana's sex appeal made Justin decide what he wanted to do. Before he was indecisive, wondering if he should attempt to cooperate at all. DC was far more trouble than he would think they were worth. However, if he could cut a deal with him and take this girl on a date, well that would be fine with him. He looked towards Mei as she tossed the passed out student in the truck, using her ice to carry them instead of her hands. Guess she didn't want to get them dirty.

"Hey, Jana. Mind keeping the Ice Queen away from me? I'm still cold from that frozen tomb she encased me in earlier..."

So, the Cockroach had some teeth, did he? Interesting. She grinned all the same, curling her finger towards him. "Come with me, pretty boy. You and I are going to get acquainted." Oh, he knew something. Jana was quite positive he knew plenty of 'somethings'. He didn't seem like an idiot in the slightest, but what he did seem like is eager to see what Jana looked like under her uniform. Fair enough, lulling him into a sense of security would do her more favors anyway. Having someone like him in her list of contacts could go a long way..especially if this was something important.

"You can look, but touching is going to get you burned." Inch by inch, she'd make him a little more conflicted. There was plenty of space in the van for Mei to keep her distance. The question was...what exactly was so risky that people would take attacking the DC over them finding out what it was?

Justin did not hesitate to follow Jana wherever she might go. Well, it was the other side of the van, which was a little chilly from the aftermath of Mei's method of 'loading up the van'. He made sure to sit behind the driver and not Mei. That poor driver.

When Jana told him he could look but not touch, Justin just grinned...he was obviously enjoying the thought, however, he kept his eyes facing front as the van drove off. "...I'm a gentleman, Jana. I don't stare at pretty girls unless they want me to touch them..." He told her, though it was obvious by his expression he was definitely imagining something.

Mei noticed something was off. She twisted her body and saw Justin's hands resting on his lap, folded together. "Why isn't he restrained, Jana?" The woman demanded as she glared back at him. Him not being restrained undermined her authority and she couldn't have that. Just just gave her an innocent look.

"Don't worry about it, Mei," Jana said casually, waving it off. "He's not in trouble, so he doesn't need to be restrained. I can handle it," She had a feeling he would like it if she handled it. "Trust me, alright?" You couldn't get anywhere acting...well, like a DC all the time. People liked reminders that they could maybe get out of it, or there was a soul behind the uniform. That trust went a long way, even though she knew Mei was going to give her an earful later, she was quite certain.

She could take Justin undressing her with his eyes, really. It wouldn't be the first time, or the last one. So if he was going to ogle her like some pig, she was going to make that pig squeal.

Mei was so angry that Jana would practically be able to feel the coldness emanating from her partners body. There was nothing she could do though, not in the car. Once they were out, she'd be taking over at some point. The hell he wasn't in trouble. Guilty by association was how Mei felt about the whole thing, and even if he never attacked them he STILL was involved. She ground her teeth together and the driver was starting to feel really uncomfortable.

Justin found a bit of amusement on the way Jana handled The Ice Queen. From the information he had gathered on her, she never let anyone tell her what to do unless they were actually her superior. Well, then again, his information seemed outdated. The last he heard, Mei Wolfe worked alone. He turned to Jana and then quickly did a once over before his eyes stayed on her face. "I can't tell if it's cold in here, or if I am still suffering from earlier."

"She's always like that," Jana smiled, leg crossing over the other gracefully. "Don't worry about her, okay?" Two could play that game, she wasn't going to stick to her guns and just bail out because of her partner not liking her style. She was committed to doing this her way and showing Mei how well it'd work. "Mind if I ask what you were doing with those guys back there? Looking for trouble? Or do you just have a thing for getting arrested by girls in uniform?"

Justin glanced at Jana's leg for a moment when she crossed them. She had some long legs. "Heh," He laughed her statement...don't worry about the Ice Queen? He wasn't as brave as her. "What I was doing with those guys? I was just simply talking to them...delivering a message from another friend. I had no idea they were going to attack you, honestly..." He looked into Jana's eyes the entire time he spoke, that grin plastered on his face. It was like it was stuck that way, just like that scowl never left Mei's face.

"Though...being arrested by two hot chicks wasn't all that bad..."

"You must be a glutton for punishment," Jana smirked. "You do that often? Deliver messages, I mean....pretty risky stuff, especially if you keep delivering them to people who like to attack the DC without much warning." The kid couldn't keep his eyes in one place, could he? He'd be sorely disappointed if he ever got the luck to peek up her skirt. So, he was one of those people...a cockroach was a good word for it, it seemed. Adapting to every new situation to survive, it was a clever little way of life...but she doubted that earned him a lot of hard and fast friends.

Wonder if she could use that...

"Why Jana," Justin began as he licked his lips once, this time his eyes were on her breasts. Though they went back to her eyes again as he spoke. "Delivering messages isn't risky at all. It's just an exchange of words, between boys. Nothing your pretty little ears should hear. You know how disgusting us boys can be." He sighed and then looked away, towards Mei. "You see, I'm a pretty popular guy...I have a lot of friends. In fact, I'm friends with everyone. A generous friend...who will do very nice favors as long as I get favors in return..."

Listening to this conversation was painful for Mei. She just sat there as stiff as a board looking at the road. Waiting for them to arrive at Central. Jana would get no where with this.

"Is that right..." Jana mused, glancing up to the ceiling casually as she leaned back on her arms. 'Unintentionally' thrusting her chest out with a faint sway of her foot. Now they were getting somewhere. "And let's say I wanted a favor...what would I have to do to get that favor?" Contrary to what Mei was thinking, he was setting terms. Not every problem could be beaten through, some required a finer touch...like a faint twist of a wrist.

"Like...the name of the person who sent you down there?"

Back
Top Bottom