Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

School Rumble (Broom and I)

Mei just glared up at Jana(she really hated that she had to look up to her, or anyone for that matter), and then rolled her eyes. "I can't mean something that isn't true, Jana. I mean, I was worried for you in the way I worry for anyone who goes missing after being beaten up by some barbaric ruffian who enjoys being beaten up by girls. And I did miss having you around to do your job, if that counts. Now, you will tell me the lead. This isn't a game." She turned her nose up, looking away from her spunky partner. She would not play along with her.

She narrowed her eyes a moment, then poked her nose with a smirk. "You're so adorable, you know that? I just want to squeeze you and never let go. That's such a long winded way of saying 'yes'." she teased. "Fine, the Galaxy Arcade. He said if they weren't here, they'd be there. It's a few blocks from here."

Mei just glared at Jana before sighing and then shaking her head. "You sure do like hearing what you want to hear." Even though she pretended as if she didn't care, Mei knew deep down that she did. She didn't exactly want to, but she did. The fact that Jana never got offended at her words, kind of made her happy. Still, she didn't want to admit to liking having the girl around.

"Lead the way. I don't know this area very well."

"Alright then," Jana grinned, taking Mei's hand. "Come on, it's a great arcade! They've got all the best games!" she said, tugging her along. "Chances are, they'll be there!' It was weird how much she enjoyed around being Mei, although she wasn't sure why. But she did admire her, she could never have that level of calm and focus in her life.

Mei looked down at her hand and raised an eyebrow, but she said nothing as Jana led her to the arcade. She wasn't planning on playing any games, of course. She had never even understood why anyone would waste their time on something as ridiculous and pointless as video games. There was always something far more productive than wasting your time in an arcade. That karaoke bar was stupid too. Why did people her age enjoy that stuff so much?

"So, who are we looking for again?" Mei asked Jana right before they went inside.

"Masami Rokujo," Jana smiled. "Sound familiar?" Galaxy Arcade was an explosion of sounds and sights, the latest games were hung up to every single wall, and there were people everywhere. It was sweaty, loud, and a few degrees hotter. Jana's eyes lit up like the many screens around her. "Oh my god, Mei! They have the latest Fighting Streets! Oooh! And Dance Dance Fiesta! They added more since I was last in here!" she grinned widely. "Masami's always in here, so Justin says...who knew that freak had a sister?"

The moment Mei walked through the doors, she knew that she'd hate being in here too long. It stunk of sugary snacks, metal, and sweaty teens. Not to mention the noise...all the dinging and sound effects already pissed her off in the five seconds she was inside. "I'm not surprised that he does, I'm more surprised that she's apparently always here. This place is already giving me a headache, let's make it quick." Mei told her, though honestly she had no idea what this Masami looked like.

Jana was in a similar predicament, honestly. But she knew Komoku good enough, she simply walked through the lines of the arcade. People looked at Mei like she grew a second head, and other looks were more...appraising, almost hopeful. She could practically see the thoughts in their horemone addled minds, the Ice Queen...playing video games, like a normal human being!? Shocking and scandalous indeed.

"You're quite the popular girl," Jana smiled, her eyes settling on a set of Dance Dance Fiesta Machines in the back. People were paying serious attention to someone...and she felt something very familiar...

"Popular?" Mei raised an eyebrow. She was just used to being feared, that in her opinion did not make her popular. "People are just noticing the uniform. I doubt they see Disciplinary Committee members here often..least in uniform." She told Jana as she looked around. Mei was not good at reading the expressions of others, so she just assumed that people were always looking at her because they were nervous around her, or because they disliked her. "Do you know what this girl looks like?"

"No...but I know what Komoku feels like," Jana murmured, heading to the back. Sure enough...there was a short girl. Her hair a nicely cut little mop of blonde, with vivid green eyes and a figure that was hugged in a yellow jumpsuit. The music was fast and pounding, and that girl moved like a dancer across the foot pad. 'Perfect' flashed like a machine gun, in bright, obnoxious colors. People were in awe, and others were probably not watching her simply because of her score, to say the least.

"Found her," Jana grinned, hands stuck in her jacket pockets. "Masami Rokujo." she said, as the song finished and the girl took a deep, satisfied breath, grinning as she hopped off the platform...and stared right at Mei in surprise. Even in Mei's heels, they were not very different in height. She knew who it was...and more to the point, she knew who Jana was.

"Huh," Jana said faintly. Short little thing...

"You!" Masami growled in fury, lightning roaring up her arm as she glared at Jana. "You're the reason my brother is locked up!"

"Your brother is the reason your brother is locked up," Mei began as she looked the short blonde girl over. Ah, how she enjoyed finding a person that was occasionally shorter than her. She folded her arms and looked down at her with a cold expression, though to be honest she wasn't exactly sure how to start the conversation since this girl hadn't really done anything wrong. She was Rokujo's younger sister, but Mei supposed she couldn't help that. "But that's not important. Did you know that your brother is in some serious trouble? Maybe you know something that might get him a sentence that's less harsh."

"Maybe you could kiss my cute little ass," Masami said, glaring up at her with all of the fury of a tiny little lightning bolt. Ooh, Jana liked this girl. She had some spirit in her. "Why would I help you? So I can look like some kind of nark to everyone else?" Jana'd let Mei take control on this one, well...she couldn't do anything but watch her back, but for once...it was just Masami. She wasn't getting any vibes from anyone else.

Ugh. What was with these uncouth, disrespectful trouble makers? Well it was that boys sister. She could handle her just like she handled him. "Why would you help me? Because I asked you to, Miss Rokujo. Being what you would call a "nark" is actually something I would call being "useful". If you have information, and it's something that will pardon your brother of the more serious charges currently pending against him, then why wouldn't you give it to me?" Mei challenged, as she continued to stare her down.

"Because my brother wouldn't care one way or another," Masami sighed. "That idiot will thrive everywhere, I'm not surprised he was trying to beat up that little rat, I'm surprised someone stopped him. Everyone has bad taste these days," she said blandly. "So what, you want me to help out of the goodness of my heart?"

"No, I want you to help because it is your duty as a student here in Turuga," Mei put her hand on her hip. "The way you keep talking leads me to believe that you know something. Perhaps you'd be more comfortable speaking in Central? If not, then I would start talking."

"Lots of people know things," Masami smirked, arms crossing. "Fine, you want my help? You have to earn my respect, that's how things go when you aren't in a uniform...ever play Dance Dance Fiesta?" she said, thumb jutting to the machines behind her. "I'm the best in Turuga."

Mei's eyes glanced at the dance machine and she watched the screen for a moment, then looked at the platforms. "If this is some kind of game that tests agility and reactionary skills, then you'll lose. Are you sure you want to risk the humiliation?" Mei challenged as she trailed her finger against the railing and continued to study the game concept. It was clear she had never played, yet she had absolute faith in her ability to win.

"Oh really?" Masami growled. "Fine, you got two minutes to figure it out. I'll even pay for the game," she said, tossing her a token as she moved to her side on the machine. Jana rose an amused brow at that, and boy...did that cause the arcade to get real interested as she walked closer to her partner.

"...Do you have any idea how this game works?" she asked idly. "...Or really what you're doing, Mei?"

Mei looked at Jana and shrugged. "I am not stupid. I know how it works." Mei stepped on the platform and then waited for the game to start. This was something she could do...it didn't seem hard. She watched as the arrows started to slowly rise from the screen, and she easily hit them on the platform. "What a primitive game." Mei commented cockily, though the level started to get harder and two arrows began to appear at once. She raised an eye brow and attempted to step on them both, though she didn't understand that she had to do it at the same time. Meaning, she had to hop. Ugh.

Eventually she got a game over, and she was no where close to the highscore of Masami. "...I know how the game works, now. So I will be serious. Let's go." Mei took off her black sweater and handed it to Jana. I don't have all night." She seemed to be highly unaware of the crowd gathering around them.

"Round two, huh?" Masami smirked. "That was a pretty pathetic score, Miss Ice Queen. You sure you want to suffer such a terrible defeat?" Unsurprisingly, Masami danced all over her. But Jana blinked and took the sweater. Was...Mei actually starting to have fun? Or was she just really competitive?

Mei got her ass kicked not once, but two times. Though that second time...she knew that she had a full grasp on the game now. She only kept losing because the game was throwing curve balls at her. Not only that but..even while all these people were watching....she had to actually loosen up so she could pull off the harder moves. As in jump, and get animated so she could be quicker.

"Best three out of five, Masami." She growled, and at this point she was unbuttoning her shirt. At first the boys in the crowd were gawking and hoping to see more of the ice queen, but instead all the got was a high cut tank top that showed off absolutely nothing. Well, a little more of her figure, but as far as skin went..only her arms were really showing. It was enough though, for some boys.

"Boy, you're really a glutton for punishment, huh?" Masami said with a smirk, her face sheened lightly with sweat. Jana's brows rose up to her hairline in surprise, this was a new challenge for her. She was actually...starting to loosen up, it was a bizarre, wonderful experience. "Alright, fine...then we'll pick a special song for this one." The highest difficulty they could find, if she wanted that information, she'd earn it.

"...You're doing great, Mei," Jana appraised with a wide grin. "You look so damn cool doing this, you know that?"

Mei had actually zoned out. Before, she was paying attention to Masami and her screen as well. Or even Jana when she spoke to her. No...the only thing that mattered was this stupid game, and matching her feet with the patterns. It was faster and there was more foot work involved than the other songs, but surprisingly Mei was keeping up if not doing better than Masami...all because she focused and moved her body about in ways that she never thought she could, jumping, twisting, turning....and she was doing it all..with perfects. Perfect motivated Mei into getting more perfects...to the point where she obsessed over her timing just to see that word over and over.

It was almost bizarre, but kind of lovely. Mei had a natural grace, and she and Masami were dancing almost in unified manner. Their hips and bodies dancing and shifting together like choreography, it was impressive, really impressive. Mei had only played the game like three times, and here she was doing one of the hardest dances, against one of the best dancers...and she was keeping up. Jana'd go so far as to say that Mei...was actually having fun.

By the time the song was over, there was half of the arcade watching as Masami settled on her knees with a heavy pant. Damn, what was with this girl? She kept up the entire time! "Wow..." she breathed. "I don't know anyone who finished that song, besides me!"

Mei looked at the screen...and apparently they had somehow tied. She wasn't satisfied, hell she didn't even seem tired. She looked at Masami. "It's not over yet. I still haven't won. Let's go again." She almost sounded like a child when she requested another round, and it was really an entirely different side to her no one had seen before. She didn't even seem to notice that she was acting...well..her actual age. Though Mei was enjoying the competition more than the game itself. "Come on, get up. You can't be that tired."

Back
Top Bottom