Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

School Rumble (Broom and I)

Jana had slammed into a mess of tables and chairs with a pained grunt. She had never really experienced water before, but...damn. Water hurt. Jana carefully got up, rolling her shoulders as she walked closer. Or close enough as she dared, arms crossing. Justin wasn't happy, and Jana felt like it was her fault. She could just put her down, but it was a pointless waste. This woman was angry, she wasn't like Komoku. A beast who just roared because he could.

"Think about this, Remy." Jana said seriously. "Is this really worth it? All of this anger over him?" she said. If she so much as drew blood on that neck, she would feel pain like no other. Her hand was already halfway into a fist for a split second reaction. "You do anything to seriously harm him, and you've got worse problems. Mei's in uniform, anything you do now is going to put you in some big trouble. I understand that you're angry, I used to be angry at everything, too." she murmured. "...Trust me, this isn't where you want to go. If you so much as touch him, you'll regret it." she said firmly.

"Don't make me do it, because I will. But I don't want to."

Remy looked down at Justin and then looked back up at the two girls. The woman in uniform seemed like she was awaiting for her to back down. They didn't think she'd do it. "I...I don't care what you want...I just care what I want, and that's Justin!"

Yeah, okay. Fuck this. Justin really hated hurting girls, but being held at knife point wasn't his idea of a fun time. The next thing Remy would feel was an incredibly powerful electric current surging through her body. She screamed and then released him as she fell unconscious.

"Shit..didn't mean to get her that bad." Justin said as he checked on her to make sure she was still breathing. Well, he didn't kill her at least.

"Idiot. Her element is water, what else did you expect?" Mei looked at Jana and crossed her arms. "What is the meaning of this? Why did you take these five on by yourself?! And why did you hide your location from me?!" She demanded.

Jana was pleasantly surprised to see Justin with a little spine in him. He looked a little roughed up, but it'd heal, thankfully. Jana pointed her thumb back to the mess in regards to her question. "Because of that, Mei." she explained. "I didn't want to keep it a secret from you, I promise. But as you can see...Justin and I aren't super popular right now, not after what I did to Komoku." she said, moving closer with a faint, apologetic smile. "I'm sorry for worrying you...we were looking for answers, they attacked us first."

"You would have been safe in central. Look at you, you're not even in uniform...These guys can claim they didn't know who you were and get away with attacking you. Did you at least introduce yourself as a figure of authority?" Mei scolded as she used the tip of her boot to roll over one of the bodies of the students. "What did you hope to accomplish from this? What do they supposedly know?"

"Mei, calm down," Jana said faintly, hands on her friend's shoulders. She didn't want to say it around Justin, mostly because she knew how Mei'd take it. But she was tearing into her hard. Was she...actually that worried about her? This didn't seem like a protocol scolding. "I didn't have the chance, okay? They just jumped me, we were going through the list of contacts that Justin had, that might know. We just got unlucky. I'm okay, I'm not hurt or anything."

Mei stepped back away from Jana and glanced at Justin. She knew that this was his fault, somehow. Well of course it was his fault! He was the reason why she had fought Komoku in the first place. For a moment she just sighed and then straightened out her skirt a bit. "I can see you are not hurt. We are going back to central now. He can stay here."

"He's coming with us," Jana said, helping him up. "Like it or not, Mei. I owe him for dragging me out of that parking lot. Besides, he still knows people who can tell us what's really going on...and I'm kind of the reason he got beat up," she sighed. He was a brave little Cockroach, it was kind of cute, really.

"If he is coming back with us, he will tell us everything he knows or I'll have him thrown in the cells with his best friend Rokujou." Mei wasn't sure why Jana was giving this stupid boy special treatment, but she would not be dragging him back to Central with them and protecting him for nothing.

"You know, Jana...I might have to take my chances out here.." Justin began as he looked away from the Ice Queen. "You know...if I'm more trouble than I'm worth, I can look after myself and stuff for now." He really didn't want Jana to get in trouble from here. He just gave her a smile. "I'll still text you stuff that's helpful."

"Glad to hear. Let's go, Jana." Mei turned away and then started walking out of the back room. She couldn't arrest this scum for now, since Jana wasn't in uniform when they attacked her.

"...Alright," Jana sighed. Mei wasn't having anything else, but she ruffled his hair affectionately. It looked a little childish, maybe...but she meant every bit of it. "I was impressed," she said in passing, silently blowing him a playful kiss before following Mei out, hands back in her jacket pockets. Yeah, she seemed upset...Jana supposed she couldn't blame her, either.

"...So?" she asked as they walked. "You find anything out about our good friend Nicholas?"

Justin watched the two leave and he kicked himself for not actually kissing Jana while the Ice Queen's back was turned. Well, there was always next time.

"Yes, I found out that he is indeed having a protest, though he claims that he only wants it to be peaceful. He has offered nothing but cooperation to me. So I find it difficult in believing that he's involved in anything more sinister." Mei confessed as they walked out of the karaoke bar.

"Oh really?" Jana said curiously, brow raised. "But you don't think it's odd that there's a lot of rough people looking forward to this protest? Justin had quite the list going on people he was supposed to inform."

"Odd yes, but...from what I've been hearing people are just using his protest as a means to act up and fight. I don't know why people are so ready to be thrown in prison, but...well these past few days I haven't been attacked. I just get dirty looks, as usual." Mei looked at Jana from the corner of her eye. "Don't tell me you spent the last few days with Campbell..."

"I won't, then," Jana chuckled. "I know, Mei. He's a little sleazeball sometimes, but his heart is in the right place. He gives me a good feeling, like you do." she grinned. "He dragged me out of there and helped me heal. Not everyone is who they seem, you know." It was less of a reference to Justin, and a more pointed nudge towards Nicholas. "There's a lot of people in Red who come off like a bunch of wild animals, I used to be one of them." she sighed. She was certainly still a bit of one now, but you couldn't fix everything.

"It's just a different world from yours, that's all...doesn't hurt that he has a nice dick, too." she mused.

"You're still an animal." Mei grumbled as they walked, her hands slipping behind her back as she took on her perfect pose. Though that didn't last long when she commented on Justin's genitals. "Excuse me?" Mei asked, her words completely exasperated as she stopped in her tracks and looked at Jana. "What do you mean by that?!"

"Well, he's about this big." Jana said, extending her hands out to give her the proper visualizaition with a mischevious grin. "Give or take when he's soft." Jana probably shouldn't have...but it was too fun getting a rise out of her.

Mei's face went completely bright red, and at first she said absolutely nothing. What could she say to something like that?! "Jana..." She began, though her brain really wasn't coming up with any words. She was feeling all sorts of emotions...anger, confusion, embarrassment. "Why would you..how could you...What's wrong with you?!" Her partner had slept with some scuzzbag who found joy in a pun as stupid as "Just in Time" and also ran from nearly every confrontation ever. For what reason?

"Is that why he's helping you?!"

"Hm, maybe," Jana admitted. "But he still saved me before that, Mei," she shrugged. "It was my choice, he couldn't coerce a paper bag into groceries with me around." she grinned. "Not your type, huh? I guess Adam is more your speed?"

She chose to sleep with him...that only made Mei even more confused. She still wasn't sure what to say, but she didn't have time to think about a response when Jana suddenly made it about her. "A-Adam? No! No one is my type, Jana. The only thing I have time for is enforcing the law..." Mei suddenly felt hot and for some reason Nicholas came to her mind. That was more of her type but of course if she said anything to Jana she'd never live it down.

"I can't believe you..sleeping with the enemy...sleeping with anyone..! We are not at school to have sex with boys, Jana. I forbid you to see Justin Campbell again! If you do...I'll...I'll get really angry!"

"...Mei," Jana smiled warmly. "Are you...worried about me?" It was an obvious question. But seeing the 'Ice Queen' flip out so much was immensely endearing. Did she really care about her that much?

That question sort of threw Mei off. Was she worried about Jana? She was silent for only a moment before looking away from her. "No. You can take care of yourself. I just refuse to let my partner make a fool out of herself by being intimate with a troublemaker." The change of subject was much better, considering Jana made her less nervous than the thought of being with boys.

"Buuuut..." Jana grinned, arm around Mei's waist to pull her closer. "You don't want me to deal with people you think are below me, which means that you're worried." She wasn't getting out of this one. And people were certainly wondering when the Ice Queen had grabbed a friend.

Ugh! Once again Jana had no respect for her personal space! Jana would feel a little chilly having Mei pressed up against her, but nothing she couldn't handle. "I'm worried about your reputation, so I suppose that extends to be worried about you. In the lowest sense..." She confessed, though as bitterly as she could manage. "Look, I just don't see how you think being with Campbell was a good idea, but considering you went out of your way to pick me as a partner, I've come to realize you enjoy challenges."

"Are you saying you're not a good idea?" She teased, either uncaring or simply ignorant to her passive methods of repelling her. "Personally? I think you're worth all of it. A friendship without hardship never prospers. And it's cute to see you get so worried, Mei. I'll try to behave more for you." ...ish. Behave ish.

"You're getting ahead of yourself, Jana. We're still partners still, and that is all. Anyways..." Mei tried her best to stand completely still as if she were in the arms of a bear. "If you still feel like something is wrong, then we need another lead. I'm not getting anything from anyone we have in custody so far..."

"I know another lead," Jana smiled. "But you gotta tell me that you were worried, and you missed me...and mean it." She knew there was a human being in there somewhere, and Jana would drag her out kicking and screaming if she had to.

Back
Top Bottom