Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Just for a Job (NightStalker73au)

DontxBlinkk

Supernova
8.jpg

Name: Morgan Tanes
Dislikes: Being forced, waiting too long, loud screams and rap music
------X------​

Mike sat behind his desk reviewing the paperwork time after time again coming up with someone different to what was there. Shaking his head he stood and walked across to his small coffee maker, pouring himself a cup and moving to stand at the window gazing out and down at the sidewalk. His mind going to one of his new workers as he took a few sips of his coffee.

There was a gentle knock on the door before it opened exposing a rather nerdy looking brunette woman. Her glasses were hanging down on her nose, the end of a pen in her mouth as she walked towards the desk and set the papers in her arms down before removing the pen. "These are more papers for you sir," she told him, a tone of sadness in her voice.

Morgan didn't join this company to be a secretary, she joined it to be an editor! How did she get pushed into this position!? She hated it with all her heart, but she wore a smile and a normally cheerful tone anyway and just accepted it as her fate. Things never worked out for her...

Mike heard the knock and turned to watch the young lady enter, his blue eyes took in the papers as he listened to her words. Smiling into her eyes he approached his desk, glancing at them before pushing them to one side. His mind had been on her and now he wanted to do more but would have to wait. His words spoken softly. "Morgan thank you. Take a longer break lunch for today if you wish too."

She slowly shook her head as she looked up towards her boss. "Thank you, but I still have work," she told him. "If you need anything more, let me know," she told him with a small bow before she turned away and started out of the office.

Mike heard her words as he sat down at his desk, taking a few sips of his coffee as he watched her start to leave. His words spoken louder this time. "Morgan no take the longer lunch, I need to see you later today."

She paused at the door before slowly nodding. "Yes sir," she softly agreed and left the office, pulling the door closed behind her.

Morgan was grateful for the longer lunch. It allowed her to walk down to her favorite Chinese restaurant and pick up something there before she had to get back to work. And later in the afternoon, she knocked on her boss's door again, this time waiting for an answer before entering.

Mike heard her words and watched her leave, his mind still going over everything as he glanced at the paperwork she had set down on his desk. Going through each one he sighed as he finished the last one, this had to end he mused to himself. Later that afternoon he heard the knock and spoke. "Morgan come in and take a seat please."

Slowly entering the office, she closed the door behind her and sat down in the chair on the other side of the desk from Mike. There was her normal smile on her lips as she watched him carefully. "What is it that you'd like to speak to me about?" she asked softly.

Mike watched the door open, his eyes following her as she moved across to sit down the other side of his desk. Listening to her words he pulled out the small folder and began to read over it again as he spoke. "Morgan next week there are going to be interviews for a position similar to mine, your name is on list for it."

Morgan blinked and leaned forward a bit. "Really?" she asked. "My...my name is? Who put it on?" she asked, trying to look over the list a bit. "That's...wow, I didn't even know there would be."

Mike smiled widely at her reaction keeping the paperwork mostly hidden from her as his eyes met hers. "Morgan the important thing is to be ready for it. If you have questions now would be a good time to ask them."

She paused as she thought about any questions she might have. "Who put my name on the list?" she asked. "Why was I put on? And what do I need for it?"

Mike had expected two of the questions to be asked and smiled widely at the third one as he took out the small questionairre from the folder. Sliding it across the desk he spoke. "That is what the interview will contain, shall not tell you anymore than study as much as you can. I will be here late most nights this week if you need extra assistance."

Morgan took it and looked at it before she slowly nodded. "Thank you," she said with a small smile. "I might ask you for a little help if you don't mind...just to make sure I'm prepared and everything."

Mike picked up his cup and stood slowly from his desk, walking casually across to the small machine as he listened to her words. His tone soft as he poured himself a hot coffee. "Morgan of course you can."

She watched him and slowly nodded. "Thank you..." She slowly stood up, still watching him. "Is that all then?" she asked him softly.

Mike heard her words and felt her eyes on him, did she have any way of knowing that part of the test he actually over saw and ran personally. Only one other had passed it before but they had left months ago, he missed and soon enough he would find out if she could handle it. "Morgan a coffee perhaps."

Morgan put on the smile again and nodded. "Yes sir," she agreed. "It will be right here." She then left the office and quickly made it, delivering it back to the man, smiling all the way.

Mike smiled and returned to his desk as he watched her leave, closing up the folder he put it away in the top right hand drawer before she returned. His eyes meeting hers. "Morgan I do believe you will pass that examination easily next week."

With a small smile, she set the coffee cup down on the corner of Mike's desk to him and nodded a little. "Thank you sir," she said. "I really hope I will."

Mike felt the pangs hit below his stomach at his own thoughts as she leaned across his desk slightly, taking his cup and sipping it his eyes met hers. "Morgan I have faith you can ace it, that is the important thing."

She nodded again. "Thank you, sir," she thanked again before stepping back, moving towards the door a bit.

Mike took a few more sips of his coffee, glancing and grinning at her as she left his office. Taking the next lot of paperwork he made short work of it.

A few hours later, after most of the people have left the office, Morgan knocked on Mike's office door once again to give him the final bits of paperwork.

Back
Top Bottom